PDA

View Full Version : He has a fork in him...

benefactor
03-08-2010, 09:37 PM
Not quite.

38pts, 7reb, 5ast, 2stl, 12-23 FG, 7-7 FT, 7-11 3FG.

lurker
03-08-2010, 09:42 PM
:flag:

benefactor
03-08-2010, 09:43 PM
Moral victories...they are what's for dinner. :tu

dallaskd
03-08-2010, 09:44 PM
:cheer

IronMexican
03-08-2010, 10:21 PM
Prahps to Manu

Muser
03-08-2010, 10:22 PM
Which just means someone is gonna give him more money next year and he's gone. Damn this season sucks.

j.dizzle
03-08-2010, 10:25 PM
Too bad nobody other then Hill would man up & help the guy..I almost felt bad for him haha he looked tired & frustrated as hell to play such a great game & just throw it away at the end. He should bust a Mamba & cuss his teammates out hahaha no excuses to lose to a team playing 3 midgets, sideshow bob, & the next karl malone.

mogrovejo
03-08-2010, 10:28 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3945394&postcount=80

Killakobe81
03-08-2010, 11:33 PM
Too bad nobody other then Hill would man up & help the guy..I almost felt bad for him haha he looked tired & frustrated as hell to play such a great game & just throw it away at the end. He should bust a Mamba & cuss his teammates out hahaha no excuses to lose to a team playing 3 midgets, sideshow bob, & the next karl malone.

This.
And the fork is in the team as a whole not Manu ...

I watched some of this ... I'm finally on the RJ sucks bandwagon!

3 points seriously?! No excuse of being tired from guarding Lebron.

Spurs are done. Im finally conceding it ...

Lakers Spurs first round please.

namlook
03-09-2010, 12:53 AM
It's amazing what playing for a contract will do. Suddenly you feel no pain and play better than you have played in two years.

4>0rings
03-09-2010, 01:08 AM
He will score a nice contract, play for his country and be irrelevent again in the NBA.

JamStone
03-09-2010, 01:24 AM
Still love Manu's game. It's unfortunate he doesn't have this type of performance more often. Still think he has something left, but not quite sure how much.

If he doesn't re-up with the Spurs, I think the Suns might be a good fit. I also think if the Knicks can't score one of the big names, D'antoni might be intrigued by the idea of adding Manu. Manu would really have to believe in what the Knicks are doing in the short term to go there though.

namlook
03-09-2010, 01:49 AM
Manu will only sign with a contender. He's not going to the Knicks.

Kai
03-09-2010, 01:55 AM

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/65208/20100308/ginobili_eying_teams_with_cap_room/

Ginobili Eying Teams With Cap Room

http://www.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Ginobili_Manu_san.jpg

General manager R.C. Buford talks frequently with Manu Ginobili's agent, but the Spurs have not told Herb Rudoy they want to preempt free agency.

“I don't think they've felt any rush to do this because they have exclusive rights until July 1, so they've felt no pressure,” Rudoy said.

Ginobili will listen if the Spurs want to talk extension, but only before season's end.

“Of course, it will depend on the amount and the years,” he said.

If the Spurs' final game ends without agreement, Ginobili will test the market in July.

“You've got all these teams with all this money, and only one can sign LeBron (James),” Rudoy said. “His heart is really in San Antonio, but the onus is not on me, it's on the other side of the table to want to discuss this. I'd be surprised if they let him go to free agency, but it's their decision.”

duncan228
03-09-2010, 02:03 AM
No fork.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x282/duncan228/oddsandends/sporkmanu.jpg

Credit Pistons < Spurs

JamStone
03-09-2010, 02:16 AM

I would tend to agree, but I don't think it's an absolute.

First, if the Knicks pick up either Chris Bosh or Amare but can't land one of the big perimeter names like LeBron or Wade or even Joe Johnson, they'd still have enough money to offer a really nice contract. Say they offer Manu something like $40 million over 4 years with the last year only partially guaranteed. Of course they'd have to overpay to have a realistic chance of landing him. But remember D'antoni was with the Suns when they offered a 30 year old Steve Nash a five year deal worth nearly the max.

If that offer is the best contract Manu gets by far, he's going to listen. Remember, teams that are contenders other than Cleveland aren't going to have cap space to come close to something like that offer I suggest the Knicks could make to Ginobili. And if the Knicks add Bosh or Amare and is able to also keep David Lee, the Knicks would be looking like a team that could make some noise in the Eastern Conference.

Add intangible factors like D'antoni's open, European style of play that I believe Manu would be very effective playing in, a roster with a decided international flavor, and playing in New York, one of the greatest cities in the world. Add all those factors, and it's at the very least tempting.

Long shot, for sure. But I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility.

DAF86
03-09-2010, 08:18 AM
Still love Manu's game. It's unfortunate he doesn't have this type of performance more often. Still think he has something left, but not quite sure how much.

If he doesn't re-up with the Spurs, I think the Suns might be a good fit. I also think if the Knicks can't score one of the big names, D'antoni might be intrigued by the idea of adding Manu. Manu would really have to believe in what the Knicks are doing in the short term to go there though.

Don't you find a little bit odd that Manu usually has these kind of performances when either Tony or Tim are out and/or he's placed in the starting line-up for some reason? think about it.

boston.balla
03-09-2010, 10:59 AM
I would tend to agree, but I don't think it's an absolute.

First, if the Knicks pick up either Chris Bosh or Amare but can't land one of the big perimeter names like LeBron or Wade or even Joe Johnson, they'd still have enough money to offer a really nice contract. Say they offer Manu something like $40 million over 4 years with the last year only partially guaranteed. Of course they'd have to overpay to have a realistic chance of landing him. But remember D'antoni was with the Suns when they offered a 30 year old Steve Nash a five year deal worth nearly the max.

If that offer is the best contract Manu gets by far, he's going to listen. Remember, teams that are contenders other than Cleveland aren't going to have cap space to come close to something like that offer I suggest the Knicks could make to Ginobili. And if the Knicks add Bosh or Amare and is able to also keep David Lee, the Knicks would be looking like a team that could make some noise in the Eastern Conference.

Add intangible factors like D'antoni's open, European style of play that I believe Manu would be very effective playing in, a roster with a decided international flavor, and playing in New York, one of the greatest cities in the world. Add all those factors, and it's at the very least tempting.

Long shot, for sure. But I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility.

i'd laugh so hard if knicks sign boozer/gay/manu ... that's like setting up your franchise for 10 years of suckage.

Lebron stays in cleveland, wade in miami/chicago, jj in atl, bosh fits best in toronto or will go to play with wade/bron, manu probably resigns with spurs.

That leaves you with booze, gay, amare. Ofc they'll be overpaid. Amare/boozer with a check :greedy and with the knicks = taking it easy, real easy => so-called injuries of not wanting to play or ankle rolls that take a month = classic.
gay solo in memphis is a known story and his +/- is one of the most ugly in the league.

I think the knicks are very close to fucking up big time, and daryl morey looked at this situation, considered the most probable outcome and made a play which i think is going to bring houston some very nice high picks.

Killakobe81
03-09-2010, 11:11 AM

If you could get Manu, And Bosh Amare or Lebron that might not be too bad ..

JamStone
03-09-2010, 01:38 PM
i'd laugh so hard if knicks sign boozer/gay/manu ... that's like setting up your franchise for 10 years of suckage.

Lebron stays in cleveland, wade in miami/chicago, jj in atl, bosh fits best in toronto or will go to play with wade/bron, manu probably resigns with spurs.

That leaves you with booze, gay, amare. Ofc they'll be overpaid. Amare/boozer with a check :greedy and with the knicks = taking it easy, real easy => so-called injuries of not wanting to play or ankle rolls that take a month = classic.
gay solo in memphis is a known story and his +/- is one of the most ugly in the league.

I think the knicks are very close to fucking up big time, and daryl morey looked at this situation, considered the most probable outcome and made a play which i think is going to bring houston some very nice high picks.

I believe Rudy Gay is restricted. And, if the Knicks can't lure LeBron, I don't think they target another small forward. They have both Wilson Chandler and Danilo Gallinari under contract. If it's not LeBron, there are too many holes at other positions to target another small forward.

I don't think Boozer is a target for the Knicks. And, I think Boozer really wants to go to Miami.

I think Walsh and D'antoni obviously want either LeBron or Wade or both, but after those two, they'd really focus on getting either Bosh or Amare. I don't think Bosh goes and plays with LeBron or Wade. I think he wants to be the #1 guy on his team, the true franchise player. And I don't see why Toronto fits Bosh best other than he's already there. I think he'd be a great fit for a lot of places.

I think the Knicks' wishlist is LeBron, Wade, Bosh, Amare, and Joe Johnson. If they can't land those players, I think they sit on the cap space and get fill-in players until the next season. I don't think they pursue guys like Boozer or Gay (especially since he's restricted).

alchemist
03-09-2010, 01:42 PM
It's amazing what playing for a contract will do. Suddenly you feel no pain and play better than you have played in two years.
:toast

DAF86
03-09-2010, 01:44 PM
It's amazing what playing injury free will do. Suddenly you feel no pain and play better than you have played in two years.

Fixed.

picc84
03-09-2010, 02:15 PM
Manu has the Kobe factor in him. As in, no matter how old he gets or how much his athleticism fades, he just knows how to play basketball and is one of the rare shooting guards that can do everything at an above average level, on both ends of the floor. That level of basketball-related skill will keep him relevant for long past his prime. He just knows how to ball. A lot of guys who are very good don't.

monosylab1k
03-09-2010, 02:19 PM
Don't you find a little bit odd that Manu usually has these kind of performances when either Tony or Tim are out and/or he's placed in the starting line-up for some reason? think about it.

And they still lose to a LeBron-less Cavs team :lol Manu really looks like a guy who could be a #1 on a contender

Phillip
03-09-2010, 02:21 PM
LMAO manu being a #1

monosylab1k
03-09-2010, 02:32 PM
If the Spurs want to tank for another #1 pick in the draft, their best bet would be to hand the keys of the franchise over to Manu. Let him lead the team to that glorious 15 win season.

badfish22
03-09-2010, 02:40 PM
lol Manu>Dirk

DAF86
03-09-2010, 02:44 PM
And they still lose to a LeBron-less Cavs team :lol Manu really looks like a guy who could be a #1 on a contender

Manu was also the number one option on this game

6ReFuGEoEpA

lol Mavs

monosylab1k
03-09-2010, 02:48 PM
Manu was also the number one option on this game

6ReFuGEoEpA

lol Mavs

you're trying to use that to prove he can beat a good team? lol

DAF86
03-09-2010, 02:52 PM
you're trying to use that to prove he can beat a good team? lol

You did the same, but the other way around.

badfish22
03-09-2010, 02:57 PM
Crofl Manu

monosylab1k
03-09-2010, 03:10 PM
You did the same, but the other way around.

No I didn't. I simply proved he can lose to a shitty team. You proved he can also beat a shitty team.

I didn't have to prove he could beat a good team, you did. And you failed. :lol

You know who else could beat shitty teams and lose to shitty teams and couldn't beat good teams as a #1 guy? Kevin Martin.

LOL manu = kmart

DAF86
03-09-2010, 03:16 PM
No I didn't. I simply proved he can lose to a shitty team. You proved he can also beat a shitty team.

I didn't have to prove he could beat a good team, you did. And you failed. :lol

You know who else could beat shitty teams and lose to shitty teams and couldn't beat good teams as a #1 guy? Kevin Martin.

LOL manu = kmart

You're right the Mavs are a shitty team, here's another 37 pts performance from Manu that helped the Spurs to beat the Jazz at that time the current WC finalist, is the next game to that Mavs one, still with no Tim.

dmfhUQe7cjc

monosylab1k
03-09-2010, 03:21 PM
lol on 8-12-07 the NBA wasn't in season.

and even if they meant December 8 of 2007, the Jazz wasn't playing San Antonio, they were losing to Dallas.

Get your dates right, homey.

monosylab1k
03-09-2010, 03:24 PM
and :lol at this anyways, even in a game where Duncan or Parker is out, the other one was still in and Ginobili was still the #2 on the team.

DAF86
03-09-2010, 03:29 PM
lol mono

badfish22
03-09-2010, 03:29 PM
DAF86 is a Spurs fan from Argentina

monosylab1k
03-09-2010, 03:30 PM
lol mono

only a blind Manu homer would say he's ahead of Duncan or Parker in the Spurs pecking order.

BadOdor
03-09-2010, 03:32 PM
Sons the question of manu being a number 1 guy on a team is moot.... Because he will be hobbling on 1 foot by the 40 games mark.

Goran Dragic
03-09-2010, 03:33 PM
only a blind Manu homer would say he's ahead of Duncan or Parker in the Spurs pecking order.

Better yet only a blind Manu homer would say Manu could be the #1 option on a contending NBA team.

DAF86
03-09-2010, 03:39 PM
and :lol at this anyways, even in a game where Duncan or Parker is out, the other one was still in and Ginobili was still the #2 on the team.

Here are the Spurs beating this season's Mavs without Tony and Tim (therefore with Manu as their number one option) enjoy.

u1Tk5MKJbXg

DAF86
03-09-2010, 03:40 PM

Who's saying that?

Goran Dragic
03-09-2010, 03:40 PM
However Mono when the Spurs were winning championships Manu was ahead of Parker. Manu has always been a better overall player than Parker. It's no coincidence the Spurs stopped contending once Parker became the main perimeter option over Manu.

DAF86
03-09-2010, 03:44 PM
Better yet only a blind Manu homer would say Manu could be the #1 option on a contending NBA team.

Who's saying that?

Goran Dragic
Statistically Parker might have been better in 2007 but that had a lot to do with Manu playing less minutes. When they needed big shots at the end of games they were Manu's shots to take.

Goran Dragic
Who's saying that?

I've heard you say that before.

DAF86
03-09-2010, 03:48 PM
I've heard you say that before.

I won't make you waste your time asking for a link (if you do want to waste your time, go ahead). What I said was that Manu could be the number one option of a pretty good team on the NBA but not a contender, whoever I also said that I never thought a team lead by Chauncey Billups could end up winning a NBA championship.

BadOdor
03-09-2010, 03:59 PM
I won't make you waste your time asking for a link (if you do want to waste your time, go ahead). What I said was that Manu could be the number one option of a pretty good team on the NBA but not a contender, whoever I also said that I never thought a team lead by Chauncey Billups could end up winning a NBA championship.

So are you admitting that dirk>manu?(since dirk has been the #1 on a contender team?). lol manu>dirk.

Goran Dragic
03-09-2010, 04:00 PM
TJastal viewing thread, brace yourselves for something really fuckin stupid.

benefactor
04-02-2010, 10:04 PM
43pts, 5ast, 6reb, 13-25 FG, 14-17 FT.

:toast

DAF86
04-02-2010, 10:09 PM
Manu > Magic
Magic > Mavs
Mavs > Dirk

Only logical conclusion:

Manu > Dirk

picc84
04-02-2010, 10:13 PM
Who said he was done?

z0sa
04-02-2010, 10:16 PM
You have proven to be one of the not so dummest Spurs fans on this sight.

This deserves a hearty :lol for more than 3 reasons.

benefactor
04-02-2010, 10:16 PM
Who said he was done?
The thread title is the statement the late Culburn used to throw around when Manu was mentioned.

DAF86
04-03-2010, 01:49 AM
If the Spurs want to tank for another #1 pick in the draft, their best bet would be to hand the keys of the franchise over to Manu. Let him lead the team to that glorious 15 win season.

Spurs record since Manu was placed in the starting line-up and given the responsability of beign the number one option on offense: 10-5 (one of those loses against the Nets with Manu not playing), so the record is actually 10-4 with victories over Cavs, Magic, Hawks, Celtics among others.

lol Mono

lennyalderette
04-03-2010, 10:23 AM
trust me on this one fella's manu is staying end of story if im wrong ill give my corvette away