PDA

View Full Version : mason will not get another nba contract

ducks
03-08-2010, 09:43 PM
:(

DesignatedT
03-08-2010, 09:44 PM
mason should see the rest of the season out on the bench.

DMX7
03-08-2010, 10:14 PM
He's not a point guard, that's for sure.

Sausage
03-08-2010, 10:15 PM
MoneyMase

Great game by @manuginobili, too bad I couldn't hit it in the ocean. That can't happen! Period. Time to start a new streak on Wednesday!

SenorSpur
03-08-2010, 10:15 PM
How does a player go from so very good last year, to so very, very awful in one season?

Still wish the Spurs would've shipped him out for an upgrade at the deadline.

nkdlunch
03-08-2010, 10:18 PM
go back to Israel

blkroadrunners
03-08-2010, 10:19 PM
How does a player go from so very good last year, to so very, very awful in one season?

He's still the same player he was last year for the most part. It's just his minutes have dropped significantly as RJ, Bogans, and Hill have been getting more minutes, plus Manu is back healthy.

Stringer_Bell
03-08-2010, 10:24 PM
I like Mason, but fuckin' A he just shoots so many quick shots and the other team makes fast breaks out of the misses.

03-08-2010, 10:27 PM

mason wasn't that good last season, he was definitely overhyped by all the game winning shots he made. his second half play last season sucked and his stint in the playoffs completely exposed his lack of effectiveness. still the same player just got more minutes last year because of parker and ginobili's injuries.

SenorSpur
03-08-2010, 10:31 PM
The problem with Mason is he's too one-dimensional. He's just a shooter. Just like Bonner is and Finley was. It was Pop's brilliant idea to corner the market on these one-trick ponies and we're seeing the results. Practically every other team has players with various skill sets. The Spurs have a roster of role players with the same limitations.

ElNono
03-08-2010, 10:37 PM
The biggest problem is that if he's not hitting we're really screwed, because defensively he leaks like a sieve...
I could also complain about his handles, but ultimately this is on Pop for trying to make a PG out of him. Something that failed horribly last season and here we are again on the same boat.

lefty
03-08-2010, 10:40 PM
I like Mason, but fuckin' A he just shoots so many quick shots and the other team makes fast breaks out of the misses.
Did you see that sequence where the Cavs were already running the fastbreak way before the ball left Mason's hands?

TJastal
03-08-2010, 10:41 PM
The problem with Mason is he's too one-dimensional. He's just a shooter. Just like Bonner is and Finley was. It was Pop's brilliant idea to corner the market on these one-trick ponies and we're seeing the results. Practically every other team has players with various skill sets. The Spurs have a roster of role players with the same limitations.

Ironically the one time he scored was on a nice penetration to the basket, showing he does have other skills.

But he couldn't perform his main skill tonight, which is shooting the ball into the basket from beyond the arc. I just think the guys confidence and heart have been sapped from seeing irregular minutes and a constantly changing role all year long.

He will no doubt be snapped up next year by a team that needs some shooting (bulls?) and if given a proper role will be a major contributor just like he should have been this year for the spurs.

NFGIII
03-09-2010, 12:40 AM
Mase will get another contract in this league. There are teams out there that will give him a shot when he leaves this summer. Another example of needing consistent PT and not getting it. Earlier in the season he was producing but was sent to the doghouse. Why I'm not sure but he vanished out of the 2nd unit rotation and when reinserted he doesn't have the touch/groove that comes with regular minutes. In fact earlier this season he also showed improved handle as he was going to the rim regularly.

What happened I don't know but as of now he shouldn't have taken that last shot against the Cavs. Manu should have but he had the ball and was inside the 3 pt line IIRC. Either the play wasn't drawn up correctly or they executed it poorly.

This game was there for the taking. No LeBron or Shaq and Jamison left the game, too. To have the table set like that agianst one of the best if not the best team in the NBA and not get the W. :wow

Baseline
03-09-2010, 12:53 AM
Mason's feet are never set. It's like he shoots every ball a split second too early. He's an impatient gunner right now, not a patient shooter.

Look at Bonner or Manu - they never let it go unless they have both feet set. Mason isn't like that. He lets them go with his legs scissored, with one foot in front of the other, leaning, off the dribble before he really has it set in his hands, etc. Like every shot is a buzzer beater. And then the more he misses, the more he rushes. Roger Mason has become a crackhead shooter.

Chip must be cringing in his seat watching this. I know I am.

timtonymanu
03-09-2010, 02:43 AM
Mason is the only Spur I know for sure isn't coming back.

And I really don't care. Good riddance.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-09-2010, 02:44 AM
Mason's feet are never set. It's like he shoots every ball a split second too early. He's an impatient gunner right now, not a patient shooter.

Look at Bonner or Manu - they never let it go unless they have both feet set. Mason isn't like that. He lets them go with his legs scissored, with one foot in front of the other, leaning, off the dribble before he really has it set in his hands, etc. Like every shot is a buzzer beater. And then the more he misses, the more he rushes. Roger Mason has become a crackhead shooter.

:tu :tu :tu

It drives me crazy, it's like he just rushes every single shot at though there's a tenth of a second left.

Ugh

silverblackfan
03-09-2010, 08:32 AM

Excellent analysis.