PDA

View Full Version : The lack of meltdown threads....

Amuseddaysleeper
03-09-2010, 02:35 AM
...at first I found it surprising, but maybe now it's just a sign of acceptance from this forum as a whole on the state of the Spurs

:depressed

Xylus
03-09-2010, 02:40 AM
If the Spurs really are on the decline, this message board is going to experience a sharp decline in bandwagon fans. Tough times reveal who the real fans are.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-09-2010, 03:01 AM
Yup, the bandwagoners and cliff-jumpers are all gone, and good riddance to them.

And yeah, we're irrelevant this year. Wake me up when the FO realises that it's time to rebuild.

#2!
03-09-2010, 03:07 AM
I just hope that, no matter what we do for the next couple of seasons, the front office holds together, and that if Pop decides to stop coaching (at least for the time being) he stays with the organization as GM, or simply retains his President status.

And even if over the last month I have accepted what this season likely is, a failure by the organization's own defintion, I bet I'll be totally oblivious and optimistic again when the playoffs come....and then probably down again after about the third game.:lol:toast

4>0rings
03-09-2010, 03:14 AM
Our ass is numb from Pop raw dogging it.

boutons_deux
03-09-2010, 05:27 AM
After Tim, Tony, Manu, George, the team is completely mediocre, total dreck that wouldn't start or even be in the rotation in other top teams.

5-9 can't hit wide open jump shots, can't rebound, can't create, isn't fast, no height, no athleticism, no hustle, can't defend, can't fucking play basketball.

The real killer is $14M sunk desperately in RJ.

I think the total lack of talent is the real key behind Pop's 20+ starting lineups, when earlier his starter lineups were etched in stone for years.

Chomag
03-09-2010, 05:34 AM
Nothing surprises me this season anymore.

angelbelow
03-09-2010, 05:46 AM
why even broach the subject. i hate negatively im glad but either accepted that we wont win or got tired of doing so.

TJastal
03-09-2010, 07:00 AM
I just hope that, no matter what we do for the next couple of seasons, the front office holds together, and that if Pop decides to stop coaching (at least for the time being) he stays with the organization as GM, or simply retains his President status.

And even if over the last month I have accepted what this season likely is, a failure by the organization's own defintion, I bet I'll be totally oblivious and optimistic again when the playoffs come....and then probably down again after about the third game.:lol:toast

So you hope Pop leaves coaching to only come back to screw things up again at some point in the future? Really?

The knob polishers are out in full force today I see..

mexicanjunior
03-09-2010, 08:40 AM
This team deserves nothing but apathy and indifference...

Morg1411
03-09-2010, 04:12 PM

:lol

AussieFanKurt
03-09-2010, 04:13 PM
lol spurs
tanking time
lol
krofl

dbestpro
03-09-2010, 04:29 PM
When the front office, players, and coach have lost confidence in the team, it is hard for the fans to continue to raise the rah, rah, flag.

doobs
03-09-2010, 04:32 PM
They'll be back come playoffs.

I don't know why, but I'm more optimistic now than I've been all season.

#2!
03-09-2010, 04:51 PM
So you hope Pop leaves coaching to only come back to screw things up again at some point in the future? Really?

The knob polishers are out in full force today I see..

Your posts are not worth reading.

TJastal
03-09-2010, 05:20 PM
Your posts are not worth reading.

:whine

TD 21
03-09-2010, 07:00 PM
Yup, the bandwagoners and cliff-jumpers are all gone, and good riddance to them.

And yeah, we're irrelevant this year. Wake me up when the FO realises that it's time to rebuild.

What's with the rush to get on with rebuilding? They'll be plenty of time for that after Duncan retires (probably after next season when the seemingly inevitable lockout wipes out his would-be final season). The Spurs are better off trying in the off season to take one more run at a championship with the big three intact because after that, they'll be at or near the bottom for the foreseeable future, barring something unforeseen.

Let's face it, no big time star is coming to San Antonio to be the centerpiece of a re-building team, so unless this team lands someone resembling a superstar in the draft, they're not going anywhere. Enjoy at least having an opportunity to be relevant again while it's still here, because not too long from now that scenario won't even be the case.

The two positives that this team has going into the off season (so long as they can convince Parker to not play for the national team) is that, if healthy, the big three are clearly still a championship caliber core and that, in Hill, Blair and hopefully Splitter, they should have three good, young players to augment that core. Right there, that's a capable six of nine players needed for a championship caliber rotation. It mat not sound great and there is work to be done, but honestly, that's more than can be said for the majority of the league. If it doesn't work out, re-building will likely commence, whether the Spurs want it to or not.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-09-2010, 07:54 PM
^Why? Because every moment we delay rebuilding puts the team back. Reloading with aging veterans is not going to win us another NBA championship. Time to move forward, even if that relegates Tim to passing on his basketball greatness to the new crop of Spurs that we are yet to start investing in except for George and DeJuan.

jag
03-09-2010, 08:05 PM

:lol

TD 21
03-09-2010, 08:07 PM
^Why? Because every moment we delay rebuilding puts the team back. Reloading with aging veterans is not going to win us another NBA championship. Time to move forward, even if that relegates Tim to passing on his basketball greatness to the new crop of Spurs that we are yet to start investing in except for George and DeJuan.

Back to what? No matter what this organization does, they're going to have a long haul just to get back to being respectable, never mind contending. Quite honestly, it's unlikely they get back to contention unless they're bad enough to secure a few top three picks and strike gold in the draft with an authentic superstar. Short of that, no established, big time star is coming to small market San Antonio to lead a re-building team.

The point is, even in their diminished state, next year is going to be the Spurs best chance at competing for a championship again for the foreseeable future. I say at least try to capitalize on it and if it doesn't work out, so what? After the seemingly inevitable lockout, they'll be in re-building mode whether they want to be or not. Is it that big a deal to put it off a year to take one last run? I don't think it is. I also don't think that's fair to Duncan, who's clearly been sold (which is why he gave back $11 million over 2 years, I assume) on the idea that this team will at least attempt to contend through the remainder of his contract. After all he's given to the organization, they could at least give him that, since they haven't given him a legit big to pair with since a past his prime Robinson retired in '03. He's too great a player to go out on a team re-building.

baseline bum
03-09-2010, 08:25 PM
RIP to the 4 Rings, Faggot era

Budkin
03-09-2010, 11:58 PM
The meltdowns are long gone... we all know we suck this year.

ffadicted
03-10-2010, 12:05 AM
That's cuz we all know the spurs are still gonna make it to the Western Conference finals this year, everyone will start playing well magically in the playoffs and we'll finally be what we all thought we'd be at the start of the season.

No sarcasm guys, this is the legit true prediction

Sean Cagney
03-10-2010, 12:22 AM
If the Spurs really are on the decline, this message board is going to experience a sharp decline in bandwagon fans. Tough times reveal who the real fans are.

Blackjack
03-10-2010, 12:22 AM
RIP to the 4 Rings, Faggot era

They can't take away championships and so long as the other team in the discussion isn't the Celtics, Lakers or Bulls . . .

4RF

http://data43.sevenload.com/p2/slcom/nx/xq/idcddgf/tgeurnmnmjli.jpg~/Scott-Hall.jpg

4 Life . . .

lennyalderette
03-10-2010, 01:54 AM
im always optimistic, and i think we can do some damage in the playoffs, i think we just have to flow and pop needs to get rid of all these chokers he acquired

BillMc
03-10-2010, 02:07 AM

This

gospursgojas
03-10-2010, 02:08 AM
I think we've all accepted the reality.

Brazil
03-10-2010, 08:18 AM
it is like the lack of LMAO threads in the nba forum

Dave McNulla
03-10-2010, 09:04 AM
i never questioned the IF spurs would decline, just didn't know when. and i am still not sure if it's over because of history (spurs were declining from 2000 to 2002).

Kool Bob Love
03-10-2010, 10:26 AM
That's cuz we all know the spurs are still gonna make it to the Western Conference finals this year, everyone will start playing well magically in the playoffs and we'll finally be what we all thought we'd be at the start of the season.

No sarcasm guys, this is the legit true prediction

Same here...
:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt2:
:flag: