PDA

View Full Version : Your dream offseason

timtonymanu
03-09-2010, 02:41 AM
it's not too early to think about this. should the spurs rebuild like most fans want or try to compete for one more year?

If we plan to do the latter, then Manu needs to be resigned ASAP. I honestly this team with a little changes can be better next year. This team is in need of a big to play alongside Tim. Dice is not the option. We also need to get a decent defensive player and a backup point. Now this is my opinion, not what I think the Spurs will do miraculously.

IMO, the only players that are playing beyond this season that should be safe are Tim, Tony, Hill, and Blair.

Manu needs to be resigned. Hairston needs to stay and be a part of the rotation next year. Pop would be stupid not to let him be.

Bogans and Mason need to go to other teams. Bonner and Ian shouldn't return but if the Spurs need more players, then I wouldn't mind seeing either of them back.

If RJ and Dice don't look better next year, then try to trade them if there are options before the trade deadline.

Looking at the FA list, it's obvious we're not getting any of the big name players to come here. Only one name is appealing to me: Brendan Haywood. I really doubt he comes here though because he's doing well with the Mavs.

I don't know much about the draft but the spurs could find a defensive stopper or a backup PG and develop him.

Thoughts?

Amuseddaysleeper
03-09-2010, 02:43 AM
Anyone under the age of 30

Bukefal
03-09-2010, 05:33 AM
With the same situation like this season? no. We need to get some changes in the summer.

boutons_deux
03-09-2010, 05:38 AM
Any dream is pre-empted by $14M sunk in RJ.

Manu is gonna get some good offers. He saw what the FO got when Tim left money on the table. We'll see if Manu leaves a couple $M/yr on the table elsewhere to stay with the Spurs.

urunobili
03-09-2010, 07:37 AM
Any dream is pre-empted by $14M sunk in RJ.

Manu is gonna get some good offers. He saw what the FO got when Tim left money on the table. We'll see if Manu leaves a couple $M/yr on the table elsewhere to stay with the Spurs.

Manu already left money on the table to resign with the Spurs last time... having said that... I think he'll stay and do just that again :king

objective
03-09-2010, 07:38 AM
if it was a dream, then Jefferson would exercise his ETO and become a free agent.

I know, it's only a dream . . .

DAF86
03-09-2010, 08:01 AM
My dream possible offseason:

-Resign Manu and Hill
-Let Bogans, Mason and Bonner go. (I could do with a cheap resigning of Bonner though)
-I'm 50/50 on Ian, seeing him play more would definitely help me make my mind.
-Bring Splitter once it for all.
-Trade RJ's 14 mil expiring for a 7 footer and a defensive minded wing, it shouldn't be so hard to do. RJ's contract becomes a very nice asset next season, we may even get an all-star that has a long contract and is playing for a team that is trying to rebuild (Al Jefferson anyone?).

TJastal
03-09-2010, 08:05 AM
As much as I hate to say this I think Manu is going to leave after this season. His comments seem to indicate he is defenitely pondering the idea and I wouldn't be surprised to see him try to at least help the spurs in a S&T type deal in order to get some talent in return.

Wouldn't surprise me to see him in a bobcat uni next year (S&T for one of their surplus bigs (Chandler/Nazr).