PDA

View Full Version : Whos your team in the playoffs

AussieFanKurt
03-09-2010, 04:42 AM
If your team has a sweet chance in hell making the playoffs or will make a first round exit. Who you going to follow for rest?

I-Ball
03-09-2010, 04:58 AM
no specific team.
in general i would root for the underdog or teams who have something likeable about them (certain players or something unique as a team)

icem
03-09-2010, 06:01 AM
spurs will probably embarrass themselves in the first round so i'll be rooting for orlando and denver.

i like watching OKC but theyll probably get bounced in the 1st as well.

Darrin
03-09-2010, 07:38 AM
If your team has a sweet chance in hell making the playoffs or will make a first round exit. Who you going to follow for rest?

My heart is in Denver and Altanta. My brain is in Los Angeles. The historian in me wants Cleveland and LA in the Finals, who cares who wins? I don't want Phoenix or Orlando to do anything.

What this means, since I'm picking about every horse (except excluding a couple) is that I will watch the series unfold, I'll want exciting, well-executed games where teams are forced to make adjustments. I'll want good matchups and good basketball. And if, at the end of that, a Champion looks like the best team in the tournament that we call the playoffs, I'll be happy.

Muser
03-09-2010, 07:43 AM
Dallas.

pauls931
03-09-2010, 07:53 AM
I'll be pulling for Orlando in the east and Denver in the west. Beyond that, anyone but LA or Cleveland.

Pelicans78
03-09-2010, 09:15 AM
Dallas vs Cleveland

AI-square
03-09-2010, 09:39 AM
Bobcats. (Hope they make it) Spurs.

sonic21
03-09-2010, 10:11 AM
Mavs

HornetLoveJones
03-09-2010, 10:26 AM
IF my beloved Hornets don't make it through... then I gotta go with Dallas in the West and Atlanta or Charlotte in the East

jacobdrj
03-09-2010, 10:39 AM
Mavs. My coach, no players I wish would drop dead (sans maybe J-Kidd, but he doesn't count), I am a Mark Cuban fan. Yeah, I am rooting for the Mavs.

boston.balla
03-09-2010, 10:49 AM
i root for the best team to win. I root for the game first, team second. It's shameful to be called a champion like the 2002 lakers, we all know why.

I prefer that the best team wins always, that way, if boston wins like in 2008, it's a legit title, not like 2006 heat or 2002 lakers.

Muser
03-09-2010, 10:58 AM
Boston aren't winning.

boston.balla
03-09-2010, 11:01 AM
Boston aren't winning.

Of course they are not, I was just argumenting that if they ever win I want them to win as the best team, not because of officiating/luck/fts/stern/media/anything not on the court.

Donkeybong
03-09-2010, 11:21 AM
oklahoma city

TheMACHINE
03-09-2010, 11:21 AM
Spurs fans will root for the Cavs. They're bullshiting if they say otherwise.

jacobdrj
03-09-2010, 11:31 AM
i root for the best team to win. I root for the game first, team second. It's shameful to be called a champion like the 2002 lakers, we all know why.

I prefer that the best team wins always, that way, if boston wins like in 2008, it's a legit title, not like 2006 heat or 2002 lakers.

I don't mean to burst your bubble, but that 08 title was iffy... And this is coming from a huge HUGE PP fan. Letting KG get away with murder against Atlanta and Cleveland... Not cool. Shouldn't have been necessary. Take the championships where you can get them as a fan. Don't bother qualifying them, or you will end up as an Astrix dodger...

lil_penny
03-09-2010, 11:50 AM
Ill be with the blazers thick and thin.

Cane
03-09-2010, 11:51 AM
OKC and Cleveland.

mavsfan1000
03-09-2010, 11:51 AM
Phoenix or San Antonio I guess. I hate Cleveland, Denver, and LA.

JamStone
03-09-2010, 01:10 PM
Well, I don't really have a vested interest in any of the favorites. My "B" team has been the Lakers for a long time, as growing up I was a huge Magic Johnson fan. But, that's always a tough thing to come to grips with as many if not most Laker fans annoy the shit out of me. But, I'll be cool if Kobe gets another ring.

Aside from them, I'd like the Nuggets to do well because I'm still a fan of Chauncey and I'd like to see Carmelo ascend to that next level of superstardom. Don't like all of the players on that team, but I like the way they play and I like Chauncey.

I'd also be cool with Dallas going far and having another chance at a ring. Unlike some around here, I think Mark Cuban is a really good owner. I like Dirk a lot because, for all the things he gets made fun of for from his ex girlfriend to the exercise bike to being owned by Golden State and Don Nelson, I genuinely think he doesn't really allow that to bring him down and he lets his game speak for himself. I also like Caron Butler as a player. And there are some bad Mavs fans, but I like a lot of the Mavs posters on these boards. It'd be cool for them to be able to say, "2 rings faggots" and at least have one legitimate one to boats about.

Like I said, don't really have a vested interest either way, but I'll be cool with any of those three teams winning it all and I'll likely end up rooting for them when I watch their games. I don't really like a team in the Eastern Conference, but it would be fun to watch Charlotte upset a team in the first round.

rAm
03-09-2010, 01:11 PM

Does this upset you? Not enough bandwagon fans to slop on Kobe's dick with ya?

Spurs - > Denver - > OKC - > Whoever is playing the Lakers

TheMACHINE
03-09-2010, 01:14 PM
Does this upset you? Not enough bandwagon fans to slop on Kobe's dick with ya?

Spurs - > Denver - > OKC - > Whoever is playing the Lakers

Doesnt upset me at all. I actually pity you that you have to go thru the disapointment of the Spurs losing AND thru all the disapointments each time the Lakers get past another round.

Must have hurt watching last year huh? :lmao

rAm
03-09-2010, 01:17 PM
Disappointment is over, disappointment was in '04 and '06. I'll take 4 championships and a 70% win record in 10 years, and i will watch my team rebuild legitimately.

monosylab1k
03-09-2010, 01:18 PM
I'll just use all 16 teams that are currently in the playoff picture.

My Team:
1. Dallas

Teams I would like to see win a ring:
2. Atlanta
3. Oklahoma City
4. Portland
5. Chicago

Teams I don't care about but it wouldn't bother me to see them win:
6. San Antonio
7. Phoenix
8. Boston
9. Milwaukee
10. Toronto

Teams I don't want to see win:
11. Lakers
12. Cleveland

I'd rather get AIDS:
13. Orlando (only because that faggot Matt Barnes is on the team)
14. Miami
15. Utah
16. Denver

Sportcamper
03-09-2010, 01:19 PM
LeBron looks even more incredible this season…If Z comes back I have to go with Cleveland…Even though the Lakers have an impressive team, they have gone Hollywood…I don’t see them throwing the switch like they did in the Shaq era…

rAm
03-09-2010, 01:21 PM
LeBron looks even more incredible this season…If Z comes back I have to go with Cleveland…Even though the Lakers have an impressive team, they have gone Hollywood…I don’t see them throwing the switch like they did in the Shaq era…

The "call automatically favors the Lakers" switch?

Muser
03-09-2010, 01:23 PM
Obviously the key for LA is for Gasol to stop being a huge pussy, can he go back to last years form? I honestly don't think so. He got his $$$.

mavs>spurs2
03-09-2010, 01:30 PM
Surprised to see so many rooting for Dallas, usually I get the impression that we're pretty hated..

Anyway, if my team doesn't win it all, I'd be happy with pretty much anyone besides Cleveland or LA. Just get tired of hearing about them every other day in the media, and the extra help they get from the officiating.

monosylab1k
03-09-2010, 01:32 PM
The "call automatically favors the Lakers" switch?

:lol

jacobdrj
03-09-2010, 01:33 PM
There are vocal people who dislike Mark Cuban being vocal. But I have admired Mark Cuban since he got the 24 second clock fixed. He makes some semblance of an attempt to listen to the fans, he spends to win. What more could you want in an owner? If I were an owner, I would wish I was like MC. Guy doesn't just own the team to make money. He loves basketball and openly shows it. What is the fun in being a multi-billionaire team owner if you can't have some overt fun with it?

TheMACHINE
03-09-2010, 01:46 PM
Disappointment is over, disappointment was in '04 and '06. I'll take 4 championships and a 70% win record in 10 years, and i will watch my team rebuild legitimately.

"legitimately" as in tank a season to get the number 1 seed?

AussieFanKurt
03-09-2010, 04:17 PM
I'd probably barrack for OKC, ATL or maybe DAL if we make an early exit

Kamnik
03-09-2010, 04:35 PM
WEST:

OKC (like them as an organisation)

Suns (Dragič)

Utah (I really like Williams and coach Sloan)

EAST: I don't like any of the top 4 teams and the other 4 don't have a chance in hell to do anything.

cobbler
03-09-2010, 04:39 PM
Of course they are not, I was just argumenting that if they ever win I want them to win as the best team, not because of officiating/luck/fts/stern/media/anything not on the court.

Typical Boston one and done sour grapes. Now go on to your next 20 years of irrelevance. :whine

As for the OP... I'd root for OKC.

Thunder Dan
03-09-2010, 04:41 PM
if the Cavs get knocked out, I hope it's in the first round so it saves me playoff ticket money. Buying all 16 games upfront kinda sucks

Muser
03-09-2010, 04:47 PM
"legitimately" as in tank a season to get the number 1 seed?

Yep, New Jersey sure are gonna love that number 1 seed this year! :lobt2:

jacobdrj
03-09-2010, 04:50 PM
Yep, New Jersey sure are gonna love that number 1 seed this year! :lobt2:

#1 seed in the only championship that counts :)

If they do get the #1 'seed' in the draft, and they do move to Brooklyn, do any of you see the young nucleus there merging with a marquee FA?

cobbler
03-09-2010, 04:51 PM
I don't mean to burst your bubble, but that 08 title was iffy... And this is coming from a huge HUGE PP fan. Letting KG get away with murder against Atlanta and Cleveland... Not cool. Shouldn't have been necessary. Take the championships where you can get them as a fan. Don't bother qualifying them, or you will end up as an Astrix dodger...

Come on jacobdrj..... only the Lakers get favorable calls. Don't be bringing all those questionable calls or non calls made against the Celts. (moving picks by KG especially). Don't you dare go down the path that KG shoved a ref and nothing was done about it. Don't you dare bring in the luck factor or Bynum being out like the green fans did with KG out last year.

Just leave them to believe ONLY their championships are legit. Friggen green scurge.

jacobdrj
03-09-2010, 04:55 PM
Come on jacobdrj..... only the Lakers get favorable calls. Don't be bringing all those questionable calls or non calls made against the Celts. (moving picks by KG especially). Don't you dare go down the path that KG shoved a ref and nothing was done about it. Don't you dare bring in the luck factor or Bynum being out like the green fans did with KG out last year.

Just leave them to believe ONLY their championships are legit. Friggen green scurge.

Dude, I am a Pistons fan, and I KNOW MY team got the benefit of the calls in 2005 and STILL couldn't beat the Spurs... It was sad. Freekin senile Larry Brown...

jdev82
03-09-2010, 06:06 PM
My Team:
1. SA
Teams I would like to see win a ring:
2. Charlotte
3. Oklahoma City
4. Portland
5. Milwaukee!

Teams I don't care about but it wouldn't bother me to see them win:
6. Utah
7. Atlanta
8. Boston
9. Milwaukee
10. Toronto

Teams I don't want to see win:
11. Lakers
12. Cleveland

I'd rather get AIDS:
13. LA
14. Miami
15. Dallas
16. Chicago

KidCongo
03-09-2010, 06:31 PM
Mavs are the only other team I'd like to see win a ring if the Cavs don't.

Bukefal
03-09-2010, 06:44 PM
Well, if it happens when the Spurs are out, I'll be pulling for the Cavs and maybe the Blazers

Hornets1
03-09-2010, 06:59 PM
West: in order; OKC, Dallas, Utah, Don't care after that.

East: in order; Chicago, Cleveland, Boston, Don't care after that

anonoftheinternets
03-10-2010, 12:41 AM

you really think we want "shaq" to get his 5th? :lol think again ....

ffadicted
03-10-2010, 12:53 AM
Spurs fans will root for the Magic in the east, Thuggets in the west. They're bullshitting if they say otherwise. It's not about who wins, it's about who doesn't