PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Lack Players who can compete in big games

ceperez
03-09-2010, 06:46 AM
It's like a broken record now, a lot of Spurs players can rack up numbers but when it comes to the big game, they disappear. This Cavs game is a case in point.

The biggest culprit, and he's been extremely consistent at this:

Keith Bogans - 21 minutes of play, zero points, +/- of -8 (the lowest in the team).

The second guy who has been a MAJOR dissapointment:

Richard Jefferson - 28 minutes and 3 points. His saving grace is that he got 9 rebounds.

But wait, who's the guy on the bench... Malik Hairston.... got the same production on 6 minuites of play as Keith Bogans did in 21 minutes.

There's a reason why nobody else signed up Keith Bogans. There's a reason why we are paying him the vet. minimum. He's got no talent to step up his game to the next level.

benefactor
03-09-2010, 06:48 AM
Ceperez made a thread about Bogans sucking...which means he should get out of his shooting slump and start playing decent defense again. Well played, my friend.

kuato
03-09-2010, 07:39 AM
Manu, MVP . :toast

ceperez
03-09-2010, 07:54 AM
Ceperez made a thread about Bogans sucking...which means he should get out of his shooting slump and start playing decent defense again. Well played, my friend.

Interesting, after all this time you're still a Bogans fanboy?!!

benefactor
03-09-2010, 08:08 AM
No...I'm just going off of history. The last time you made a thread trashing Bogans he started playing great.

Anyone with a set of eyes can see the obvious that you have stated here.

silverblackfan
03-09-2010, 08:26 AM
I was surprised to see Hairston in a pretty tough game for the 2nd half. I have hopes that Pop is trying him out in pressure situations (last defensive minutes of last few games) to see if he has something.
I would love to see Malik get Mason's minutes for 1 of the next 3 games to see if he can out play Mason/Bogans.