PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to Luminaria this weekend

Drachen
03-09-2010, 10:30 AM
I am going for the first time. I am not too big of an arts person, but thought it looked interesting, and that I could bring the family along. Have any of yall ever gone? Is it fun? Also, is there pretty cool stuff to do there?

Dr. Gonzo
03-09-2010, 10:49 AM
I've gone the past couple of years. The first year was great. It was really expanded throughout downtown and it was cool walking into each art studio and checking stuff out. Last year they condensed it down to Alamo Plaza and Hemisphere Park area. They put all the art work in the convention center. It was cool but it kind of lost it's charm. There was something cool about walking to each studio. This year it's just at Hemisphere Park/La Villita area. I hope it's good. I really enjoyed seeing the city lit up with all the different color lights and such.

Drachen
03-09-2010, 10:59 AM
Thanks DG, appreciate your review.

marini martini
03-09-2010, 11:17 AM
I went the first year, and loved it!!! Although the port-a-potties were hard to find. That might have been cuz I always wait til the last minute to go. LOL! I loved watching all the old buildings and Alamo being lit up. The galleries and and performers were good. My very talented friend Liz did a body painting exhibition. We sat on the old Post Office steps and listened to the bands that played by the Alamo towards the end. They had Flaco & Augie finish it up. Everyone was dancing, it was a lot of fun.

I didn't see a lot of people geting stupid drunk, and there were a lot of young children there. Very kid friendly!!!I would definitely bring the kids.:tu