PDA

View Full Version : which video game have you had the most play throughs with

eyeh8u
03-09-2010, 02:46 PM
sports games, old arcade games that only have 1 or 2 levels, or web based flash games dont count.

for me its mgs3 - 8 playthroughs

IronMexican
03-09-2010, 02:47 PM
GTA SA. I have at least 20 play throughs on that.

Rip-Hamilton32
03-09-2010, 03:41 PM

GTA SA for me too but probably about 5 play throughs

eyeh8u
03-09-2010, 03:52 PM

GTA SA for me too but probably about 5 play throughs

best of the all the gta's

Trainwreck2100
03-09-2010, 03:55 PM
FFX it was really easy because the hardest boss isn't at the end of the game (seymore mountain level)and when you figure out how to beat his ass without breaking a sweat its a quick playthrough. Seriously the strategy guide was no help beating him, biggest waste of $15

Xevious
03-09-2010, 04:23 PM
Mike Tyson's Punch Out? Seriously, I had that game memorized. I could go through the entire thing blindfolded and never get punched. :lol

As for recent games... probably the KOTOR and Mass Effect games. I wouldn't even guess how many playthroughs I had on KOTOR, maybe three on the sequel. I think I had five or six playthroughs on Mass Effect, currently have two and a half on the second one.

Xevious
03-09-2010, 04:30 PM
best of the all the gta's
You know, even though GTA IV was a big step forward mainly because they were upgrading the next-gen consoles. They stripped down so many of the elements that were in VC and SA.

SA definitely was the best.

DarkReign
03-09-2010, 04:40 PM
Easily Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword

jacobdrj
03-09-2010, 04:47 PM
Does Heroes of Might and Magic III count?
If not, Miniclip's Motherload, followed by Super Mario RPG and closely followed by Super Metroid.

resistanze
03-09-2010, 04:56 PM
Ninja Gaiden II (NES - 30+ playthroughs)
Super Mario III (NES - 30+ playthroughs)
Syphon Filter 2 (PS1 - 10 playthroughs)

I haven't played another game more than twice since the PS1 days. 90% of the games I play are once and done, even for games I loved (GTA: VC, MGS3, ME1, GOW, etc.).

balli
03-09-2010, 05:20 PM
Most of the Marios. I've played San Andreas a lot, but not as much as Vice City. A Link to the Past. Punch Out. cod4. Halo CE.

The one game I've probably had the most complete playthroughs with is Zelda OOT.

And in the last year I played through Mass Effect three and a half times.

Stringer_Bell
03-09-2010, 05:32 PM
FF7- 3
MGS4- 3 or 4

koriwhat
03-09-2010, 05:49 PM
nba2k and rbi baseball

Rip-Hamilton32
03-09-2010, 07:19 PM
^^ he said sports game don't count, otherwise 2k would be my top as well

koriwhat
03-09-2010, 11:12 PM
^^ he said sports game don't count, otherwise 2k would be my top as well

they count for me! i dont play nerd games where you gotta read all the damn time and take a turn hitting someone. screw that nerd shit!

dirk4mvp
03-09-2010, 11:15 PM
Ocarina of Time. I lost count. Probably the best game ever.

symple19
03-09-2010, 11:43 PM
Easily Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword

Hey DR, you've seen that Civ 5 is supposed to be out toward the end of the year right?

SpursNextRomanEmpire
03-09-2010, 11:48 PM
I dont think I have ever played through a game more than twice and that would be Fallout 3. If it was about amount of time spent playing a game it would be Warhawk

ynh
03-10-2010, 12:30 AM
If you aren't counting Tetris.. Probably Wolfenstein 3d.. I still play through that almost every day beings I have a boring job and got the game on iTouch.

ynh
03-10-2010, 12:33 AM
I haven't played another game more than twice since the PS1 days. 90% of the games I play are once and done, even for games I loved (GTA: VC, MGS3, ME1, GOW, etc.).

Agreed.. I'm not sure if it is because I am older and value my time more now-a-days, but games these days are ussually one and done for me.

If I do like them I will probably just play a certain level.. such as CoD2 the africa level and Uncharted 2 the train level.

Otherwise.. unless the game is moble.. It's not getting too many play thrus.

Cry Havoc
03-10-2010, 02:01 AM
No idea. I typically don't beat games more than 3 times. Probably Goldeneye 64... must have beat that 6-10 times.

I do have about 6000 worth of Counterstrike experience though.... so as far as playtime accumulated, definitely that.

Trainwreck2100
03-10-2010, 02:30 AM
Ocarina of Time. I lost count. Probably the best game ever.

i was just thinking today about how the water temple was the worst designed level in a good game i ever played

blkroadrunners
03-10-2010, 03:35 AM
Either Final Fantasy 7 or Legend of Dragoon...I know at least 7 times each...

nkdlunch
03-10-2010, 11:22 AM
Jesus, how do you guys find time?

I never completed a long game more than once

z0sa
03-10-2010, 11:23 AM
I still haven't even played legend of dragoon.

Chomag
03-10-2010, 11:41 AM
Perfect Dark for the N64 - about 4 times.
Which was crazy becuase I had ADD back then with games. I could never play one fo rvery long.

Longest I have played a game would be WoW, yes.... I was suckered into that crack for awhile. I'm still pissed at myself that I lost so much of my life on that silly game. I'm just so lucky to have a very forgiving wife. lol

resistanze
03-10-2010, 12:07 PM
I do have about 6000 worth of Counterstrike experience though.... so as far as playtime accumulated, definitely that.

Yep. Virtual crack. I can't compete with 6000 hours but I played CS consistently for 5 years. So maybe around 2500-3000 hours of gameplay.

Cry Havoc
03-11-2010, 03:59 AM
Yep. Virtual crack. I can't compete with 6000 hours but I played CS consistently for 5 years. So maybe around 2500-3000 hours of gameplay.

I started in 1999. Played consistently every day until mid 2007. Literally at least 2-3 hours every day.

There were times in college I would get days off and play for 50+ hours straight. No sleep, just eating here and there. Night turns to day turns to night and you don't even realize it.

I'm not even bragging. It's sad that I spent so much time on a game. But that's how good that damn game is.

eyeh8u
03-11-2010, 04:37 AM
I started in 1999. Played consistently every day until mid 2007. Literally at least 2-3 hours every day.

There were times in college I would get days off and play for 50+ hours straight. No sleep, just eating here and there. Night turns to day turns to night and you don't even realize it.

I'm not even bragging. It's sad that I spent so much time on a game. But that's how good that damn game is.

damn dude even mmo addicts feel bad for you

MI21
03-11-2010, 07:43 AM
Goldeneye on N64 definitely.

baseline bum
03-11-2010, 07:54 AM
Super Mario Brothers 1 & 3, Super Mario World, and Simon's Quest are probably the only games I have beaten more than twice.

ElNono
03-11-2010, 09:39 AM
For me it's probably Fallout 2... and Fallout 1 also. I also played through MDK 2 at least twice.

baseline bum
03-11-2010, 09:52 AM
Crap. I forgot Ninja Turtles, which I beat a few times at the arcade and a few dozen on MAME.

z0sa
03-11-2010, 10:19 AM

I was the same way and knew a LOT of dudes who did that. Not 50 hours maybe, but I'd play for 20-24 hours straight and would have team members who did the same shit. I still crack out on CS for like 8 straight hours every now and then.

CAL+CS makes people crazy.

Cry Havoc
03-11-2010, 01:54 PM

Nah dude. I know several WoW players that literally put 6-7 hours EVERY DAY on their character. They come home from work/school, log on, and don't log off until they're ready to go to sleep.

2-3 hours a day is an unhealthy addiction. When you literally have 6 different level 80 characters that each have a month of real life game time on it, that's something far worse. One of my good friends lost his entire social life and almost his job (making $150,000) to WoW, and his sister pissed away a scholarship to a top 50 university because she can't stop playing it. I bet they have l33t gear though. :rolleyes

Even at the height of my CS gaming, I was still in shape, took care of myself, had an active social life, and got good grades in school. That doesn't make it less sad that I poured so much time into a game, but I realized that there were other aspects of my life that always took precedence. It really is like a drug though. Firing up my XPS 2 after class, loading the Counterstrike screen... that was absolutely getting high. Crazy.

Sec24Row7
03-11-2010, 02:22 PM
Nah dude. I know several WoW players that literally put 6-7 hours EVERY DAY on their character. They come home from work/school, log on, and don't log off until they're ready to go to sleep.

2-3 hours a day is an unhealthy addiction. When you literally have 6 different level 80 characters that each have a month of real life game time on it, that's something far worse. One of my good friends lost his entire social life and almost his job (making $150,000) to WoW, and his sister pissed away a scholarship to a top 50 university because she can't stop playing it. I bet they have l33t gear though. :rolleyes

Even at the height of my CS gaming, I was still in shape, took care of myself, had an active social life, and got good grades in school. That doesn't make it less sad that I poured so much time into a game, but I realized that there were other aspects of my life that always took precedence. It really is like a drug though. Firing up my XPS 2 after class, loading the Counterstrike screen... that was absolutely getting high. Crazy.

Totally... and MMO's are so much worse because of the social aspect of it. When I was organizing 40 man raids in WoW and doing research how to beat bosses I was literally in charge of 50 people (10 standby's) 2 or 3 nights a week.

You can't answer the phone, answer the door, go out to dinner or do anything else but organize those people when you are playing that game and it is absolute heaven when everything goes right and you beat a boss or sweep a dungeon... but how much downtime? You sit there for hours waiting on 3 people to log in...

I'm glad those days are gone... but I get nostalgic about being able to play...

Funny how that works.

Cry Havoc
03-11-2010, 02:36 PM
Totally... and MMO's are so much worse because of the social aspect of it. When I was organizing 40 man raids in WoW and doing research how to beat bosses I was literally in charge of 50 people (10 standby's) 2 or 3 nights a week.

You can't answer the phone, answer the door, go out to dinner or do anything else but organize those people when you are playing that game and it is absolute heaven when everything goes right and you beat a boss or sweep a dungeon... but how much downtime? You sit there for hours waiting on 3 people to log in...

Funny how that works.

My friend (who was the top DPS player on the server in one of the best groups) echoes your sentiment. He put so much time into his character that it was a relief to him to stop playing and not have to worry about it.

I played WoW for about 3-4 months. I quit because I realized it felt like homework (man I am behind on grinding on my second/third character, or I have to do this raid tonight) and I wasn't playing ANY other games apart from WoW. I actually felt guilty when I was playing a different game, because it was time I could have spent leveling my characters or getting better gear. To me, that's the antithesis of what a game should be about.

I'm loving League of Legends. It's like World of Warcraft Lite, for free, with all of the grinding removed. Just ridiculously fun, competitive PvP. And you can play a full game in 45 minutes and then go do something else.

z0sa
03-11-2010, 02:45 PM
Speaking of CS, here's one for you Havoc :downspin:

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/8681/262lq.jpg

Phillip
03-11-2010, 03:07 PM
Final Fantasy IV
Tecmo Super Bowl
Ninja Gaiden (NES)
Super Metroid (I used to constantly try to break my time records, eventually got it to under an hour)

Dex
03-11-2010, 03:08 PM
In order of most to least:

The Legend of Zelda (NES)
Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES)
Megaman 2, Megaman 3, Megaman X
Mario Bros 1, Super Mario World, Mario 3
Halo 3
Simpsons: The Arcade Game
TMNT: The Arcade Game
FFVII
I also poured enough hours in to Age of Empires and AoE II to fit it into this list.

Cry Havoc
03-11-2010, 03:34 PM
In order of most to least:

The Legend of Zelda (NES)
Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES)
Megaman 2, Megaman 3, Megaman X
Mario Bros 1, Super Mario World, Mario 3
Halo 3
Simpsons: The Arcade Game
TMNT: The Arcade Game
FFVII
I also poured enough hours in to Age of Empires and AoE II to fit it into this list.

Btw Dex, you're going down in the fantasy playoffs. :toast

z0sa... looks sh0pp3d. :hat j/k

Props man. I probably would be lucky to go 1-1 right now in CS. It's been a while. You playing Source or 1.6?

z0sa
03-11-2010, 03:43 PM
z0sa... looks sh0pp3d. :hat j/k

No photoshop. It just took me 6 months to get something comparable with that 30-0. :wow :lol

Props man. I probably would be lucky to go 1-1 right now in CS. It's been a while. You playing Source or 1.6?

Source. 1.6 (actually 1.5) is where my heart is and where I did most of my competing, but I can't play for long with those physics/gfx anymore. Not that my PC isn't shitty, but at least I can run Source on the highest settings.

Dex
03-11-2010, 03:49 PM
Btw Dex, you're going down in the fantasy playoffs. :toast

If your ass would lose a game or two, it would help. :toast I'm just trying to hold second so I can get the Bye. If I can ever get my whole damn team healthy, it could be interesting.

resistanze
03-11-2010, 05:05 PM
Speaking of CS, here's one for you Havoc :downspin:

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/8681/262lq.jpg

Aimbot/wallhax/no recoil/ESP :sleep

I remember when that was the response whenever you were having a good game on a pub. Good ol' days.

Cry Havoc
03-11-2010, 05:11 PM
If your ass would lose a game or two, it would help. :toast I'm just trying to hold second so I can get the Bye. If I can ever get my whole damn team healthy, it could be interesting.

Haha, you know I'm 3 Balls, right? We're playing this week. I'm 6th in the league but I haven't lost a week since before the ASB, and that's with Chris Paul hurt.

I'm just hoping my guys continue to perform.

No photoshop. It just took me 6 months to get something comparable with that 30-0.

I'd say 26-2 in CS:S is quite a bit better than 30-0 in CoD4, considering there are no airstrikes or heli's in CS. On the other hand, one shot kills you in CoD4, but still. Anytime you're above 3-1 K:D on a good CS server is a very solid round.

SAtown
03-11-2010, 05:14 PM
Link to the Past, Super Metroid, Mario 3, and MK II are really the only ones that I've beaten more than once that come to mind. Only gaming I enjoy now is online gaming (haven't played single player MW, MW2, and BC2). Single player games just don't have that replay value that games used to have

Dex
03-11-2010, 05:52 PM
Haha, you know I'm 3 Balls, right? We're playing this week. I'm 6th in the league but I haven't lost a week since before the ASB, and that's with Chris Paul hurt.

I'm just hoping my guys continue to perform.

I'd say 26-2 in CS:S is quite a bit better than 30-0 in CoD4, considering there are no airstrikes or heli's in CS. On the other hand, one shot kills you in CoD4, but still. Anytime you're above 3-1 K:D on a good CS server is a very solid round.

My bad, I thought you were Dancing Monkeys.:downspin: You've got a good handle on this week, but my team always seems to start slow.

sabar
03-11-2010, 11:32 PM
I never play games more than once or twice, unless its like super metroid where a playthrough is really short and there is a point to it.

I've probably cleared diablo 2 hundreds of times, but you don't have a choice there and a run is like 15 minutes.

Weird genres like 4x don't have a playthrough. I've played a billion games of MoO2 or Civ4 for example.

Xevious
03-12-2010, 02:09 AM

I have RL friends who had >400 days on their main Everquest characters (they had other characters too, don't know how much time was on those), and that's before WoW even came out and they got hooked on that (not to mention EQ2). I've played all those games too, but spending an entire year of your life playing one character on some game is unfathomable. Just single out one year of your life and all that happened, all that you accomplished... and delete it. It's sickening.

Muser
03-13-2010, 05:01 PM
Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Must have played through that game 50 + times.

Creepn
03-13-2010, 05:22 PM
The first Sonic the Hedgehog on Sega Genesis and Halo: Combat Evolved.

MiamiHeat
03-13-2010, 06:42 PM
Super Mario Kart with all of my friends when i was like 10 years old. must have hundreds and hundreds of hours logged into that game

Super Mario 3

mardigan
03-13-2010, 08:31 PM
Got to be Bioshock or MG2 as far as regular games go. But I've been playing the shit out of L4D2 for the last 3 months or so. So probably that game.

Many PackYao
03-14-2010, 03:50 PM
Silent Hill 2/Uncharted 1&2/RE5

Chomag
03-14-2010, 05:35 PM

Funny how that works.

I was a heavy raider myself at one point. Those were some of the greatest times beating those instances for the first time. However I do have many regrets on how much time I had lost to that game. Not just the 4-6 hours lost to the actual raid itself but also the prep, work like farming, gathering supplies, and such. It was crack, even most WoW players will admit that its an addiction and not much else.

Still to this day I do get the urge to play but I know better and keep myself away from any MMO as far as possible.

Chomag
03-14-2010, 05:40 PM
My friend (who was the top DPS player on the server in one of the best groups) echoes your sentiment. He put so much time into his character that it was a relief to him to stop playing and not have to worry about it.

I played WoW for about 3-4 months. I quit because I realized it felt like homework (man I am behind on grinding on my second/third character, or I have to do this raid tonight) and I wasn't playing ANY other games apart from WoW. I actually felt guilty when I was playing a different game, because it was time I could have spent leveling my characters or getting better gear. To me, that's the antithesis of what a game should be about.

I'm loving League of Legends. It's like World of Warcraft Lite, for free, with all of the grinding removed. Just ridiculously fun, competitive PvP. And you can play a full game in 45 minutes and then go do something else.

Exactly, and there was nothing you could do about it. Either keep pluging away or walk away there was no in-between.

IronMaxipad
03-15-2010, 03:29 PM
MGS2
Kingdom Hearts
KOTOR