PDA

View Full Version : Cell phone advice.

Drachen
03-09-2010, 10:42 PM
Anyone have the blackberry curve 8530? I am thinking about getting one, and want to find out what yall think. I was also looking at Android phones, but they are far more expensive (2 curves for 49.99, or 2 Heros for 300, or touchpro2 which is the one I would really like to have. 2 for 600). Anyway, I don't want to spend the 300, but is it that much better than the 8530? Or is it even worth it at all.

I. Hustle
03-09-2010, 10:55 PM
I have an 8530 and love it. Who is your service with?

Drachen
03-09-2010, 10:59 PM
I have an 8530 and love it. Who is your service with?

Currently Cricket, but I am looking to switch to get a better phone. The deals I was talking about were with sprint.

I. Hustle
03-09-2010, 11:06 PM
What are you going to use it for? Is it just to get a blackberry or will it serve a purpose.

Drachen
03-09-2010, 11:12 PM
well I want to get it so that I can get a little more organized, sync it up with google calendar, or outlook, whatever. Also sync my contacts. Internet abilities, my wife will use the GPS. The other phones I mentioned would be for the same purposes that I have stated above, but also for the fun factor, discovering through apps things I didn't know a phone could do, but that I enjoy doing, etc.

Drachen
03-10-2010, 12:12 AM
Oh shit, I just did a random search and found that you can get both phones for free if I sign up through wirefly. Has anyone done this? You can also get the Hero for 99 a piece this way.

leemajors
03-10-2010, 12:46 AM
don't get a touchpro 2 no matter what. windows mobile 7 is right around the corner if you're interested, and no current handsets are eligible for upgrade.

Drachen
03-10-2010, 12:52 AM
yeah, I have read alot about the Win 7 mobile. I cant afford a heavily discounted touchpro2 anyway.

Drachen
03-10-2010, 12:53 AM
I am probably going to go through wirefly and get the HTC hero for 99 a pop.

leemajors
03-10-2010, 01:00 AM
you can get a hero for $89 through best buy. it's a solid phone, but the battery life is horrible b/c of the text message bug. They are also taking their sweet ass time putting 2.1 on it.

mookie2001
03-10-2010, 01:27 AM
I'll give it a whirl

Bukefal
03-10-2010, 05:36 AM
The BB is a nice phone. I would go with that one!

florige
03-10-2010, 08:28 AM
Currently Cricket, but I am looking to switch to get a better phone. The deals I was talking about were with sprint.

Just stay away from Sprint. The salespeople are really nice and helpful. But their new set of phones and their service is crap. I am the only one on my job that gets zero service in the locker room. I am currently on my 3rd Exclaim within 3 months. I have the warranty, but it is still a pain in the ass.

Drachen
03-10-2010, 10:00 AM
Just stay away from Sprint. The salespeople are really nice and helpful. But their new set of phones and their service is crap. I am the only one on my job that gets zero service in the locker room. I am currently on my 3rd Exclaim within 3 months. I have the warranty, but it is still a pain in the ass.

I will do some more research regarding their service. So far asking different people about their service with different carriers, it seems that all of them say something to the effect of "Well its ok, but there is this one place or two places where I don't get service at all, but everyone else does."

As far as the phone itself, I can't see how that would be a sprint problem. It is a manufacturer problem. Everyone has the Hero and the BB 8530, so if I bought that phone with Verizon, or Tmobile I would still be getting the same phone, and it would still be just as prone to breaking, right?

As far as Sprint goes, the biggest complaint I have gotten was that their customer service over the phone sucks. I have asked if people get good service in the store, and they say generally yes. I asked this because I have been with cricket for over 3 years, and the literally have no phone customer service (no exaggeration). The only thing their phone people do is take payments, and direct problems to the store. So I am used to this, I kind of accept this inconvenience as the price for having the least expensive phone company. Sprint will only cost 20-30 dollars more than I am paying now (with my wife's American Express employee discount). I checked through verizon, because I get an employee discount through my job with them of 19%! Unfortunately, after the discount, it comes out to $23 more than Sprint's plan pre-discount.

I haven't even looked at AT&T because 4 out of 5 people I talk to about AT&T really hate their service, and the company.

With all of that being said, do you still think I will hate sprint?

SpursWoman
03-10-2010, 10:21 AM
FWIW, I've had Sprint for about 12 years and have never really had any problems ... as for customer service over the phone, I've never even bothered with that since they started giving you the option to chat with customer service online (and not have to deal with accents :nerd ). Sometimes it's a little slow if they are particularly busy, but I'm pretty sure that's what happens with ALL of them.

Drachen
03-10-2010, 10:27 AM
FWIW, I've had Sprint for about 12 years and have never really had any problems ... as for customer service over the phone, I've never even bothered with that since they started giving you the option to chat with customer service online (and not have to deal with accents :nerd ). Sometimes it's a little slow if they are particularly busy, but I'm pretty sure that's what happens with ALL of them.

So through chat, do they give you good customer service? I mean your problems get taken care of? I would totally use this feature.

SpursWoman
03-10-2010, 10:30 AM
They've always helped me with what I've needed them for ... some people have complaints, I'm sure ... but I'm happy. Plus, since I've been with them so long, I get lots of perks, too. :)

MannyIsGod
03-10-2010, 10:48 AM
I've been with Sprint forever and I've had some epic customer service battles with them. It is what it is and they usually suck but if you don't get good service just ask for a supervisor and they are usually much smarter.

As far as the phone, if you're worried about cost then becareful with getting a smartphone. The smartphone's require more expensive plans and they can get pricy. I'm not saying you can't afford that I'm just warning you before you get something through wirefly and then realize your plan for 2 phones is costing you 130 bucks a month when you wanted to pay half of that.

All of the phones you mentoined above are good phones and different people will tell you different things about them. I recently got the eco friendly version of the Exclaim called the reclaim. The internet on it isn't great but as long as I have a qwerty keyboard and good email then I'm happy. I think Jekka is thinking about getting a Moment which looks like a solid Android phone.

The most important thing to think about is what you'll use it for. All the phones you mentoined are smartphones and are basically tiny computers but if all you're going to do is text then I'd probably go with something else.

Drachen
03-10-2010, 11:28 AM
I've been with Sprint forever and I've had some epic customer service battles with them. It is what it is and they usually suck but if you don't get good service just ask for a supervisor and they are usually much smarter.

As far as the phone, if you're worried about cost then becareful with getting a smartphone. The smartphone's require more expensive plans and they can get pricy. I'm not saying you can't afford that I'm just warning you before you get something through wirefly and then realize your plan for 2 phones is costing you 130 bucks a month when you wanted to pay half of that.

All of the phones you mentoined above are good phones and different people will tell you different things about them. I recently got the eco friendly version of the Exclaim called the reclaim. The internet on it isn't great but as long as I have a qwerty keyboard and good email then I'm happy. I think Jekka is thinking about getting a Moment which looks like a solid Android phone.

The most important thing to think about is what you'll use it for. All the phones you mentoined are smartphones and are basically tiny computers but if all you're going to do is text then I'd probably go with something else.

Well I the total plan (after employer discounts), comes to around 125-130. I am currently paying 102, no 3g, no push email, no calendar syncing, etc. The total cost will actually be about $40-$50 higher due to taxes and fees because 102 is my total bill and the 125-130 is before those. I do want a smart phone because of its computing capacity. If cricket offered a smart phone, then I would probably stay with them, because I am not at all dissatisfied with their service for what I pay. Unfortunately, they dont. I use my phone for more than calls and texting, and it sucks because the internet is extremely slow (compared to 3g), and I can't use it for things I would like to because of lack of capability.

MannyIsGod
03-10-2010, 11:48 AM
I enjoy the email function the best. And the GPS Nav programs are pretty neat too. Hope you end up with a good phone!

SpursWoman
03-10-2010, 11:53 AM
I never in my life thought I would use the GPS Navigation like I do now ... I love it!

I have a Palm Pre, and I would marry this phone. :oops :lol

Drachen
03-10-2010, 12:06 PM
I never in my life thought I would use the GPS Navigation like I do now ... I love it!

I am my GPS, I seriously don't ever get lost and rarely need google maps (only in a town I haven't been in). My wife on the other hand will absolutely use the GPS (which will save me a ton of time because I am her GPS). See the smart phones are so smart, that my wife's smart phone increases MY productivity.

MoSpur
03-10-2010, 12:25 PM
I have been with Sprint for like seven years I think. Their customer service isn't the greatest. You will get some reps who don't know much or have heavy accents and you can't understand them. Then at times you will get some very good reps who know a lot and will go out of their way for you.

I have the Hero. I like the phone a lot, but like they mentioned earlier the battery life could be better. I love that my contacts sync with GMAIL. I love how you can download thousands of aps that you may never use. Its a fun phone. The camera takes good pictures, but if you move the slightest bit, it will come out blurry.

The BB 8530 is also good and serves its purpose. You can't go wrong with it.
You can't go wrong with either one.

florige
03-10-2010, 01:09 PM
I will do some more research regarding their service. So far asking different people about their service with different carriers, it seems that all of them say something to the effect of "Well its ok, but there is this one place or two places where I don't get service at all, but everyone else does."

As far as the phone itself, I can't see how that would be a sprint problem. It is a manufacturer problem. Everyone has the Hero and the BB 8530, so if I bought that phone with Verizon, or Tmobile I would still be getting the same phone, and it would still be just as prone to breaking, right?

As far as Sprint goes, the biggest complaint I have gotten was that their customer service over the phone sucks. I have asked if people get good service in the store, and they say generally yes. I asked this because I have been with cricket for over 3 years, and the literally have no phone customer service (no exaggeration). The only thing their phone people do is take payments, and direct problems to the store. So I am used to this, I kind of accept this inconvenience as the price for having the least expensive phone company. Sprint will only cost 20-30 dollars more than I am paying now (with my wife's American Express employee discount). I checked through verizon, because I get an employee discount through my job with them of 19%! Unfortunately, after the discount, it comes out to $23 more than Sprint's plan pre-discount.

I haven't even looked at AT&T because 4 out of 5 people I talk to about AT&T really hate their service, and the company.

With all of that being said, do you still think I will hate sprint?

I don't know that you will hate it. But I personally think Verizon has the best overall coverage. Maybe because my job has me going into tons of different locations daily is probably why I have a major problem with their reception. Not too many dropped calls or anything. This is really my first time EVER having this many problems with their phones. I had a Rumor before and was perfectly happy with that until it stopped charging. I understand that all carriers have their share of unhappy customers. But like I mentioned earlier, the customer service reps I have encountered with Sprint are very helpful. They never hesitated to order me another phone right away. Just a pain to have to be up there every other month. Just make sure you get the warranty that covers everything so if something happens to the phone they will first try that hard reset they do, then if that doesn't work they will order you another phone. Also I suggest going on the everything plan for $115 a month. If you are a person that uses your phone for texting and data use that is the way to go imo.

And Spurswoman, EVERYTIME I have been in the Sprint store getting my phone serviced there has always been someone there complaining about their Palm Pre. :lol

BeefAnus II
03-10-2010, 04:16 PM
be smart, just get any old phone pack it in a pound of beef and shove it up your anus.

Drachen
03-10-2010, 06:15 PM
It looks like it will be a BB for me and a Hero for the wife.

Duff McCartney
03-10-2010, 07:13 PM

Wow! You and Ginofan are the two people I've heard on here say that! I have the Palm Pre also and I think it totally sucks. The phone was ALL hype and nothing that really knocked me out.

This is my last Palm phone because I was extremely satisfied with the Palm Treo 755p that I had. Palm really dropped the ball on the phone because even with the new video recording update the battery life sucks, and now I have problems playing videos.

When my contract is up and I am able to upgrade, I am definitely going to do that because I really dislike this phone.

P.S. I've heard that with wirefly you can't return the phone or have any problems with it for 3 months or you'll have to pay 300 dollars or something. My sister and her bf got two phones from there free, and honestly they aren't that great phones, but her bf has told me that if they call within 6 months or something they have to pay 300 for each phone!

Drachen
03-10-2010, 09:12 PM
Wow! You and Ginofan are the two people I've heard on here say that! I have the Palm Pre also and I think it totally sucks. The phone was ALL hype and nothing that really knocked me out.

This is my last Palm phone because I was extremely satisfied with the Palm Treo 755p that I had. Palm really dropped the ball on the phone because even with the new video recording update the battery life sucks, and now I have problems playing videos.

When my contract is up and I am able to upgrade, I am definitely going to do that because I really dislike this phone.

P.S. I've heard that with wirefly you can't return the phone or have any problems with it for 3 months or you'll have to pay 300 dollars or something. My sister and her bf got two phones from there free, and honestly they aren't that great phones, but her bf has told me that if they call within 6 months or something they have to pay 300 for each phone!

Yeah, I found out that Best Buy has the exact same deals. Only difference is that Bing won't pay me $50 to buy a phone through BB like it does for a wirefly purchase.

I am also going to see if Costco gets some kind of discount for this.

ShoogarBear
03-11-2010, 12:44 AM
Have had Sprint since 1996, and mostly used Palm phones. Sprint's Achilles heel has always been their customer service, but their coverage is reasonable and their prices, especially for data plans, can't be beat among the Big 4 providers.

Sprint 4G network is coming to DC this year, and they're supposed to introduce their new 4G phone as well (unclear if it will be an HTC Android phone or the next generation Palm). So I'm holding on on buying a Pre until I see what that looks like.

Drachen
03-11-2010, 08:01 AM
Have had Sprint since 1996, and mostly used Palm phones. Sprint's Achilles heel has always been their customer service, but their coverage is reasonable and their prices, especially for data plans, can't be beat among the Big 4 providers.

Sprint 4G network is coming to DC this year, and they're supposed to introduce their new 4G phone as well (unclear if it will be an HTC Android phone or the next generation Palm). So I'm holding on on buying a Pre until I see what that looks like.

It looks like it will be the HTC Supersonic, which from what I read should be coming out sometime between the end of march and the end of april, and will likely be a Hero with a 1ghz processor and a 4g antenna.

Drachen
03-11-2010, 08:49 AM
Anyone had any luck getting the activation fee waived at Best Buy??

MoSpur
03-11-2010, 11:28 AM
Best Buy is the place to get your phone from Sprint from my previous experience. If you don't like the phone you can take it back within the 30 days and try out another one as long as it hasn't been damaged in any way. No restocking fee or questions asked. Trust me. I got the Pre, didn't like it, got the HTC Snap, didn't like it, got the BB Curve, didn't like it and then got the Hero. They never questioned me. Not once.

florige
04-14-2010, 11:57 AM
I'm not sure if the OP or anyone else here has decided to go with Sprint. But if you have and have not made up your mind on a phone yet, DO NOT under any circumstance buy the Exclaim. The phone looks cool and all, but the software aspect of it sucks. Looks like I am going to have to take this stupid phone back AGAIN for a 5th time.

Drachen
04-14-2010, 12:35 PM
I'm not sure if the OP or anyone else here has decided to go with Sprint. But if you have and have not made up your mind on a phone yet, DO NOT under any circumstance buy the Exclaim. The phone looks cool and all, but the software aspect of it sucks. Looks like I am going to have to take this stupid phone back AGAIN for a 5th time.

Yeah, I ended up getting the Hero and my wife got the Moment. We are both very satisfied. Plus, when we got them, we went into the sprint store just to play with the phones and decide what we wanted. Then we had planned on going to best buy to buy them. The salesman caught wind of this, and instead of giving us the discount that my wife gets for working at AMEX (which is 16%), he gave us a discount of 23% off of our monthly bill (but we did have to pay $50 more for the Hero, than we would have at BB). Our total bill (including taxes, etc) is about $20 more than our cricket bill. Freakin awesome. Service has been good, so far, I have no problems.

florige
04-14-2010, 12:57 PM
Yeah, I ended up getting the Hero and my wife got the Moment. We are both very satisfied. Plus, when we got them, we went into the sprint store just to play with the phones and decide what we wanted. Then we had planned on going to best buy to buy them. The salesman caught wind of this, and instead of giving us the discount that my wife gets for working at AMEX (which is 16%), he gave us a discount of 23% off of our monthly bill (but we did have to pay $50 more for the Hero, than we would have at BB). Our total bill (including taxes, etc) is about $20 more than our cricket bill. Freakin awesome. Service has been good, so far, I have no problems.

Thats good news. Did you get the warranty? That comes in handy because they normally switch the phone out or fix it without any hassle. That really has helped me out through this ordeal.

Drachen
04-14-2010, 01:42 PM
Thats good news. Did you get the warranty? That comes in handy because they normally switch the phone out or fix it without any hassle. That really has helped me out through this ordeal.

Yeah, warantee on both, roadside assistance on Wife's.

Melmart1
04-14-2010, 01:50 PM
Has anyone tried Boost Mobile? They have a BlackBerry plan for $60/month unlimited everything, sounds like a sweet deal.

I am currently month-to-month on ATT with a Palm, it's OK but to upgrade to anything I have to sign up for two years and I am loathe to do that. I would like an iPhone but paying $85/month plus tax cus of the data plan sucks, and that's just 300 minutes! Plus, you can get an iPod Touch which is basically the same but w/o the phone.

From what I understand, Boost uses Sprint's network. I had Sprint years ago and hated the customer service. But I didn't mind their network so much, so if Boost is better at CS, I may just switch.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
04-14-2010, 02:11 PM
Anyone with Sprint looking to upgrade soon, might want to hold out for the HTC Evo 4G, Scheduled for a June launch
http://www.gaj-it.com/wp-content/uploads/HTC-EVO-4G-Phone.jpg

florige
04-14-2010, 02:15 PM
Has anyone tried Boost Mobile? They have a BlackBerry plan for $60/month unlimited everything, sounds like a sweet deal.

I am currently month-to-month on ATT with a Palm, it's OK but to upgrade to anything I have to sign up for two years and I am loathe to do that. I would like an iPhone but paying $85/month plus tax cus of the data plan sucks, and that's just 300 minutes! Plus, you can get an iPod Touch which is basically the same but w/o the phone.

From what I understand, Boost uses Sprint's network. I had Sprint years ago and hated the customer service. But I didn't mind their network so much, so if Boost is better at CS, I may just switch.

Sprint's customer service is alot better than in years past I think. I normally always get helpful/nice people whenever I call for a problem. My brother has that plan you are talking about with the Boost and he is happy with it.

florige
04-14-2010, 02:16 PM
Anyone with Sprint looking to upgrade soon, might want to hold out for the HTC Evo 4G, Scheduled for a June launch

So is this supposed to be Sprint's version of the iPhone?

Cry Havoc
04-14-2010, 02:22 PM
It looks like it will be the HTC Supersonic, which from what I read should be coming out sometime between the end of march and the end of april, and will likely be a Hero with a 1ghz processor and a 4g antenna.

The Supersonic was renamed to the HTC Evo 4G, and it's due to be released in June.

So is this supposed to be Sprint's version of the iPhone?

This phone has far superior specs to any phone or iPhone ever released in the United States. It's better in numerous ways.

I am pre-ordering this phone as soon as is humanly possible. It looks absolutely awesome.

For anyone interested, the Evo 4G is based on the HTC HD 2 which is available now for T-Mobile. But the Evo will be a much faster, cleaner version of the HD2, thanks to Android instead of Windows Mobile, and it also has a better camera, a front facing camera, and 720p video recording. The kickstand is pretty cool as well.

FalleNxWiZarDx
04-14-2010, 02:26 PM
I have a Blackberry 9700 from at&t

and I love it!

Does everything you want it to do

Cry Havoc
04-14-2010, 02:28 PM
One other thing, I'm presently using an LG Neon right now, and I HATE IT. But it's worth dealing with if it means I get to be first in line for the Evo.

:ihit

Drachen
04-14-2010, 02:55 PM

I know for one person a sprint unlimited everything (including GPS) plan is 69.99 and where you work may get you a discount. I know you said you hated sprint, but just something to think about.

Drachen
04-14-2010, 03:00 PM
One other thing, I'm presently using an LG Neon right now, and I HATE IT. But it's worth dealing with if it means I get to be first in line for the Evo.

:ihit

Yeah, the EVO has me salivating, but I JUST got my phone and I like it. I mean dude, the EVO even has and HDMI out, crazy (though great for business presentations, etc).I will probably get the EVO2, you know the one which replaces voice calling with thought calling, and has integrated adrenal gland techonology to make your phone games more thrilling. . .

Mark in Austin
04-16-2010, 01:33 PM
Had Sprint since 99. I've only had two phones during that time - a Motorola StarTAC and a Palm Treo 700w.

I'm looking at the Pre and the upcoming HTC EVO 4G - both have strengths; I love the feel of the Pre in my hand and how compact it is. I also like the email software that allows you to view different accounts in the same browser, but keep them on their separate servers.

The HTC looks amazing though; and I think the Android op system and app store will build critical mass faster than the Palm's. I think it's going to boil down to the interface. I'm not crazy about the Pre's "card" system. Unless the HTC's reallys sucks, I'll probably go with it this summer.

Drachen
04-18-2010, 02:28 AM
Had Sprint since 99. I've only had two phones during that time - a Motorola StarTAC and a Palm Treo 700w.

I'm looking at the Pre and the upcoming HTC EVO 4G - both have strengths; I love the feel of the Pre in my hand and how compact it is. I also like the email software that allows you to view different accounts in the same browser, but keep them on their separate servers.

The HTC looks amazing though; and I think the Android op system and app store will build critical mass faster than the Palm's. I think it's going to boil down to the interface. I'm not crazy about the Pre's "card" system. Unless the HTC's reallys sucks, I'll probably go with it this summer.

Actually I have been reading that HTC is going to buy Palm here pretty soon since Palm really doesn't have any chance anymore.

leemajors
04-18-2010, 09:47 AM
AT&T has told their employees no June vacations. I'm upgrading to the next gen iPhone as soon as possible. I can't live without Plants vs Zombies.

ShoogarBear
04-18-2010, 12:58 PM
I thought I was going to use my Sprint loyalty plan upgrade to get a Pre, but I've heard so-so things about the hardware. WebOS has gotten great reviews but now apparently it's got potential security issues.

I figure Palm has one last chance to come out with a blockbuster WebOS upgrade/phone this summer, otherwise it will be the EVO for me.

Also, it doesn't look like anyone's mentioned the best thing about the EVO: 4G speeds (3-6 Mbps download speeds vs. 0.5-1.4 Mbps for 3G). Sprint's 4G WIMAX isn't up yet in DC, but is supposed to be before the end of the year.

The Reckoning
04-18-2010, 01:26 PM
eh i have a converted go-phone that has lasted me over a year

Duff McCartney
04-18-2010, 05:52 PM
I thought I was going to use my Sprint loyalty plan upgrade to get a Pre, but I've heard so-so things about the hardware. WebOS has gotten great reviews but now apparently it's got potential security issues.

Take it from me, who's had the phone since it came out in June....it sucks. I've had it less than a year and I've gotten 3..count them 3 new phones! The phone is just a piece of crap. The hardware sucks. It was always something to do with the hardware that messed up on mine. First the damn power button stopped working, second the touch screen stopped working.

It's a big mess, and their software is nothing to talk about either. I remember at one point I could not watch any youtube/streaming video because the phone would just freeze up and restart. Then they patched it with an update, now with the video update you can record video, but it's terrible. It doesn't record sound all the time, and you can't play back the entire video on the phone. I recorded a two minute video, and I could only watch one minute on my phone. When I moved it to my computer the first minute had sound, and the rest was just silence.

I'm gonna wait at least a month or two after the EVO comes out to see how good it is before I switch over.

leemajors
04-18-2010, 07:33 PM
Sprint gimped the android marketplace pretty bad, but I have only seen it on a Hero, which is still on Android 1.5 ... Nearly a year after is release. I would caution against any android phone on sprint mainly because they are do damn slow to push android update out. You reap none of the benefits of a nice OS.

leemajors
04-19-2010, 11:32 AM
If this is it, it's looking damn good:

http://gizmodo.com/5520164/this-is-apples-next-iphone

Mixability
04-19-2010, 12:09 PM

I like that new design alot more than the old ones.

Drachen
04-19-2010, 12:48 PM

This still doesn't compare favorably to the Evo 4g, but it seems to be an upgrade.

leemajors
04-19-2010, 01:09 PM
This still doesn't compare favorably to the Evo 4g, but it seems to be an upgrade.

There aren't any specs leaked, but I doubt it wouldn't match or better any specs the Evo had.

Drachen
04-19-2010, 02:37 PM
There aren't any specs leaked, but I doubt it wouldn't match or better any specs the Evo had.

I don't really understand the glee with which the author described the forward facing camera. Would you really want to video chat through 3g? I wonder if the release of the 4g spec sheet caused some reworking of the new Iphone.

leemajors
04-19-2010, 04:00 PM
I don't really understand the glee with which the author described the forward facing camera. Would you really want to video chat through 3g? I wonder if the release of the 4g spec sheet caused some reworking of the new Iphone.

I stream video from my pc to my iPhone over 3g with no issues using Air Video while it's being coverted live. I don't see why it would be a problem.

Drachen
04-19-2010, 04:12 PM
I stream video from my pc to my iPhone over 3g with no issues using Air Video while it's being coverted live. I don't see why it would be a problem.

Because it would be sending and receiving video instead of just receiving. I am not saying you are wrong, it just doesn't seem like it would be that great.

leemajors
04-19-2010, 04:19 PM
Because it would be sending and receiving video instead of just receiving. I am not saying you are wrong, it just doesn't seem like it would be that great.

I don't see why anyone would want to do it on any phone, or any network. It's just unnecessary imo. But people clamor for it.

Drachen
04-19-2010, 04:22 PM
I don't see why anyone would want to do it on any phone, or any network. It's just unnecessary imo. But people clamor for it.

Well video chat is growing in popularity through google and yahoo messanger, as well as specialty sites like Chat roulette, so I would assume these are the reasons why.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
04-19-2010, 06:43 PM

Probably have to be on wifi to use video chat.

Cry Havoc
04-19-2010, 09:36 PM
I would be absolutely shocked if the new iPhone had specs that are equal to or superior to that of the Evo. I just don't see it happening.

Sisk
04-19-2010, 09:57 PM
yall wouldn't want to be able to video chat with someone else on your phone? i think that'd be pretty damn cool.