PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay Lohan Suing E-Trade for Milkaholic "Parody"

Stringer_Bell
03-09-2010, 11:46 PM
http://omg.yahoo.com/news/lindsay-lohan-suing-e-trade-for-milkaholic-parody/37130?nc

...the 23-year-old star is suing financial company E-Trade for $100 million for using her name in its latest commercial about a boyfriend-stealing "milkaholic" baby.

In the ad, which debuted during this year's Super Bowl in February, a baby boy apologizes to his girlfriend for not calling her the night before.

"And that milkaholic Lindsay wasn't over?" the baby girl asks before another baby girl pops into the screen saying, "Milk-a-whaaat?"

Lohan filed the lawsuit Monday, which claims the ad violated the star's rights under New York state civil-rights law.

"Many celebrities are known by one name only, and E-Trade is using that knowledge to profit," Lohan's lawyer, Stephanie Ovadia, said in a statement to the New York Post. "They're using her name as a parody of her life. Why didn't they use the name Susan? This is a subliminal message. Everybody's talking about it and saying it's Lindsay Lohan."Why do these corporations think they can lampoon the lives of REAL people that deserve privacy and respect? When I saw the commercial I immediately knew they were infringing upon the Lindsay "brand" that is synonymous with Miss Lohan. Given her record of hard partying, this is a blatant attack on her character trying to pull her back down because of her past. Don't they know her girlfriend dumped her not long ago? Are they trying to make her depressed? ANIMALS!

I do think 100 million dollars is a tad much, but if she can at least get 50 million we'll call it even. God bless her lawyers and the legal system that allows victims of the media like Lindsay a voice!

ashbeeigh
03-09-2010, 11:52 PM
I do think 100 million dollars is a tad much, but if she can at least get 50 million we'll call it even. God bless her lawyers and the legal system that allows victims of the media like Lindsay a voice!

Are you being serious or did you just miss the sarcasm font? Because this is a load of crap.

MiamiHeat
03-09-2010, 11:55 PM
Are you being serious or did you just miss the sarcasm font? Because this is a load of crap.

why is it a load of crap? just curious

Stringer_Bell
03-09-2010, 11:56 PM

Obviously, 100 million dollars is a lot of money, but think about the embarrassment. For the case to even be put forward with that amount, you know the lawyers need a good case. It's legit honey! :greedy

Cant_Be_Faded
03-09-2010, 11:57 PM
what a stupid freckled slut

ashbeeigh
03-10-2010, 12:00 AM

Obviously, 100 million dollars is a lot of money, but think about the embarrassment. For the case to even be put forward with that amount, you know the lawyers need a good case. It's legit honey! :greedy

If the baby was a ghost pale red headed baby who spoke in an English accent then I might consider it legit, but otherwise it's stupid. There are so many other things that that time and money can be used for. For example: Lohan is currently running a fashion design house into the ground by "creatively" advising it. She could be using her time by actually working instead of coming up with this BS. Just sayin'.

exstatic
03-10-2010, 12:02 AM
Because she doesn't have single name recognition like her suit claims.

If you don't want to be scoffed, get out of the tabloids. That kind of makes it open season.

Stringer_Bell
03-10-2010, 12:06 AM
If the baby was a ghost pale red headed baby who spoke in an English accent then I might consider it legit, but otherwise it's stupid. There are so many other things that that time and money can be used for. For example: Lohan is currently running a fashion design house into the ground by "creatively" advising it. She could be using her time by actually working instead of coming up with this BS. Just sayin'.

Maybe "running a fashion design house into the ground" is connected to the fallout from the commercial? If that's the case, it's affected her ability to work and that makes it all the more intriguing.

I'd be surprised if Lindsay spends much time in court, it's in the hands of her gifted legal team. This could even be settled for a cool 50 million, saving Lindsay the trouble of having to go before a court and explain the hurt it's caused. You can bet she'd get punitive damages in that case, that'll teach Etrade a lesson!

The Reckoning
03-10-2010, 12:12 AM
lol omg.yahoo.com

and using "Susan" would infringe on the Susan Sarandon brand

ChumpDumper
03-10-2010, 12:17 AM
I thought they were talking about that lush who hawks those dial a number beds.

ashbeeigh
03-10-2010, 12:29 AM
Maybe "running a fashion design house into the ground" is connected to the fallout from the commercial? If that's the case, it's affected her ability to work and that makes it all the more intriguing.

Umm, no. Google "Lindsay Lohan Ungaro."

ynh
03-10-2010, 08:24 AM
The drugs have made that chick paranoid and in need of quick money.

dimsah
03-10-2010, 09:33 AM
I saw the ad and didn't once think about Lindsay Lohan.

I know a couple of people named Lindsay. Maybe they can get in on this and make it a class action suit.

Nah, they're not that stupid.

Frenzy
03-10-2010, 09:47 AM
They should have said that "freakled face girl show keeps dropping her diapers...she needs to grow up"

coyotes_geek
03-10-2010, 11:29 AM
Nothing more than a publicity stunt. The case itself has no merit.

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-10-2010, 11:38 AM
I hope the E-Trade folks fire back with the next commercial showing baby Lindsay snorting Similac powder.

CosmicCowboy
03-10-2010, 12:23 PM
I hope the E-Trade folks fire back with the next commercial showing baby Lindsay snorting Similac powder.

:lmao

Viva Las Espuelas
03-10-2010, 01:01 PM
What a dumb stupid whore.

jack sommerset
03-10-2010, 01:25 PM
Cher, Tiger, Shakira, Kobe, Oprah and now LINDSAY!

symple19
03-10-2010, 01:31 PM
what a stupid freckled slut

true. however, I would still slay her my meat baton

Stringer_Bell
03-10-2010, 02:08 PM
Umm, no. Google "Lindsay Lohan Ungaro."

:depressed

She's been kicked out of the fashion world too, which makes this all the more tragic. Seems like there's a lot of mean girls in the industry criticizing her out of jealousy.

They should have said that "freakled face girl show keeps dropping her diapers...she needs to grow up"

Since when would baby Lindsay even wear diapers?

nkdlunch
03-10-2010, 02:47 PM

:lol :lol

Dex
03-10-2010, 02:51 PM
What a dummy. I don't think she has any case, and all she did was call herself out by being offended by the "implied" milkaholic joke that I never even thought was implied.

Regardless, you can't copyright the name Lindsay. She might own the name Lindsay Lohan, but there are millions of other Lindsays out there who I'm sure find this utterly ridiculous.

I'm gonna go sue Scott-brand paper towels for putting my name on a bunch of ass wipes.

Stringer_Bell
03-10-2010, 08:56 PM
Regardless, you can't copyright the name Lindsay. She might own the name Lindsay Lohan, but there are millions of other Lindsays out there who I'm sure find this utterly ridiculous.

How many Lindsay's do you know that have a well-publicized drinking problem? Yea, she's unique like that.

admiralsnackbar
03-10-2010, 09:06 PM
Nothing more than a publicity stunt. The case itself has no merit.

If it's a publicity stunt, it seems like a poorly considered one... no positive spin in it for her.

No question it's a still-born suit, though.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
03-10-2010, 11:07 PM
This is dumb as hell, I didnt think of Lohan once when I watched that commercial. Stringer bell...getthefuckouttaherewiththatboolshit

Blake
03-10-2010, 11:51 PM
if she were to actually win $100 mill, I would give her +/- 5 years to corey haim herself.

ShoogarBear
03-11-2010, 12:01 AM
if she were to actually win $100 mill, I would give her +/- 5 years to corey haim herself.

She's already at that point.

$100 mill would reduce the time frame to +/- 5 months.

Ignignokt
03-11-2010, 12:12 AM
Is it a coincidence? But with all the truly retarded people i've met in my life, if they're male, their name is most likely Blake.

Blake
03-11-2010, 12:22 AM
Is it a coincidence? But with all the truly retarded people i've met in my life, if they're male, their name is most likely Blake.

fascinating.

Of all the strange trash talking posters I've met in my life, only one of them is named Ignigokt.

Ignignokt
03-11-2010, 12:38 AM
fascinating.

Of all the strange trash talking posters I've met in my life, only one of them is named Ignigokt.

You see, you couldn't even spell my handle right even though you pasted my quote with the correct spelling. Thanks for proving you're retarded.

Blake
03-11-2010, 12:52 AM
You see, you couldn't even spell my handle right even though you pasted my quote with the correct spelling. Thanks for proving you're retarded.

Although I did try to spell it right, it's not a priority for me.

You jumping in this thread out of nowhere crying that I misspelled your name is pretty retarded.

Of all the Ignignokts I've met in my life, they have all proven to be retarded. Is it coincidence?

Ignignokt
03-11-2010, 01:46 AM
Although I did try to spell it right, it's not a priority for me.

You jumping in this thread out of nowhere crying that I misspelled your name is pretty retarded.

Of all the Ignignokts I've met in my life, they have all proven to be retarded. Is it coincidence?

You have that wrong.. i jumped out of nowhere saying you were retarded.

that's not a coincidence.

Blake
03-11-2010, 01:58 AM
You have that wrong.. i jumped out of nowhere saying you were retarded.

I don't have it wrong. You jumped in this thread out of nowhere and are clearly crying about me misspelling your handle.

that's not a coincidence.

you are acting retarded, coincidence or not..

Ignignokt
03-11-2010, 02:08 AM
I don't have it wrong. You jumped in this thread out of nowhere and are clearly crying about me misspelling your handle.

you are acting retarded, coincidence or not..

nope, that wasn't it.

this was my first post in this thread.

It's even time stamped for real world retards to figure out.
Why don't you ask for a blue parking tag, you'll finish your grocery shopping faster.

glad i could help.

DMX7
03-11-2010, 03:23 AM
http://static.thehollywoodgossip.com/images/gallery/lindsay-lohan-one-track-mind.jpg

You sure can, Lindsay, you sure can.

Dex
03-11-2010, 10:22 AM
How many Lindsay's do you know that have a well-publicized drinking problem? Yea, she's unique like that.

So just because she hits the bottle and is well-known, she has exclusive rights to the name Lindsay?

Unless she has legally copyrighted the name "Lindsay" (which I don't even know if you can do), then she's probably just wasting her time.

Then again, with the way our court system works, who knows how the hell this could turn out.

Blake
03-11-2010, 10:39 AM
nope, that wasn't it.

this was my first post in this thread.

It's even time stamped for real world retards to figure out.
Why don't you ask for a blue parking tag, you'll finish your grocery shopping faster.

glad i could help.

the different times are irrelevant.

You jumped in this thread.

You later cried about me misspelling your handle.

Are you drunk or are you really just this lame?

Stringer_Bell
03-11-2010, 11:45 AM
So just because she hits the bottle and is well-known, she has exclusive rights to the name Lindsay?

Unless she has legally copyrighted the name "Lindsay" (which I don't even know if you can do), then she's probably just wasting her time.

Then again, with the way our court system works, who knows how the hell this could turn out.

She'll get an out of court settlement, no doubt. If you were a celebrity lawyer you wouldn't take a COMPLETELY frivolous lawsuit and possibly ruin your own reputation and that of your client (who would therefore cease to retain your services).

E-Trade doesn't want none of Lyndsay's legal team running them through the media spin wagon...it's money in the bank, preferably small bills so she can make it rain at da club! :greedy

coyotes_geek
03-11-2010, 12:16 PM
If it's a publicity stunt, it seems like a poorly considered one... no positive spin in it for her.

No question it's a still-born suit, though.

I agree it is a poorly considered one. Then again, this lawsuit got me talking about Lindsey Lohan where I wouldn't have even thought about her otherwise. When your business is getting publicity, is there really such a thing as bad publicity? I'm not so sure there is.

Ignignokt
03-11-2010, 01:32 PM
Are you drunk or are you really just this lame?

switch lame for limp, and that's exactly what your mom told me last night.

Blake
03-11-2010, 01:45 PM
switch lame for limp, and that's exactly what your mom told me last night.

my mom told you that you are limp?

admiralsnackbar
03-11-2010, 03:51 PM
I agree it is a poorly considered one. Then again, this lawsuit got me talking about Lindsey Lohan where I wouldn't have even thought about her otherwise. When your business is getting publicity, is there really such a thing as bad publicity? I'm not so sure there is.

You're probably right, but I don't think I'd want to add "litigious" to the bloated chapbook of unfavorable adjectives already applicable to me. Nobody wants to hire a person with an itchy lawsuit finger.

Ignignokt
03-11-2010, 06:03 PM
my mom told you that you are limp?

I told her it was the beer. I didn't want to hurt her feelings.