PDA

View Full Version : L'Equipe: Without Parker, who for point guard? (National Team)

biba
03-10-2010, 02:22 AM
Basket - Bleus
Sans Parker, quel meneur ?
Mis à jour le 09/03/2010 à 18:44

http://www.lequipe.fr/Basket/breves2010/20100309_183052_sans-parker-quel-meneur.html

Excellent avec les Mavericks, Rodrigue Beaubois a confié à un quotidien texan que la Fédération française venait de le contacter en vue du Mondial. Manoeuvre logique puisqu'il faut préparer un forfait éventuel de Tony Parker.

Les grands travaux ont commencé en équipe de France afin de trouver une solution à une absence éventuelle de Tony Parker au Championnat du monde (28 août - 12 septembre, en Turquie). Sur le flanc pour quatre à six semaines avec un doigt cassé, le triple champion NBA n'a pas tiré un trait officiellement sur un sixième été consécutif en Bleu. Mais la somme des pépins et le timing international, avec en 2011 un Euro «obligatoire» puisque qualificatif pour les JO de Londres, laissent augurer d'un forfait probable. Et la durée de ses vacances, qui pourraient débuter dès la fin avril vu le niveau déclinant des Spurs, pourrait ne pas y changer grand-chose.

[...]

Without Parker, who for point guard?

Excellent with the Mavericks, Rodrigue Beaubois told a Texas newspaper that the French federation had contacted him for the World Championships. Logical step as necessary to prepare a possible withdrawal of Tony Parker.

Major work began for France team to find a solution to a possible absence of Tony Parker at the World Championships (August 28 to September 12, Turkey).

On the side for four to six weeks with a broken finger, the triple champion NBA has not formally drawn a line on a sixth consecutive summer in Blue.

But the amount of glitches and the international timing in 2011 with a Euro "mandatory" since qualifying for the Olympics in London, suggest a likely withdrawal.

And the duration of his vacation, which could begin in late April because of the declining level of Spurs could not change that much.

[...]

romain.star
03-10-2010, 03:42 AM
nice effort
Since his PF has been diagnosed, it is a pretty safe bet to say that parker is not going to play this summer, which is great news. I want to see if beaubois has what it takes to carry the load as a PG starter

Pauleta14
03-10-2010, 06:45 AM
nice effort
Since his PF has been diagnosed, it is a pretty safe bet to say that parker is not going to play this summer, which is great news. I want to see if beaubois has what it takes to carry the load as a PG starter

I wanna see Diot starting!!!!!! with Beaubois as backup or 2nd guard...

But I definetely think it's a good thing for our NT that Tony won't play this summer. Diaw takes more responsabilities and we have Pietrus coming bck, Batum healthy and ........Noah !!!!!!! (first time a I see good big in the french NT)

8FOR!3
03-10-2010, 07:07 AM
(Just to stir the pot.)

Who cares, it's not like ya'll are going to win a medal anyways...;)

romain.star
03-10-2010, 08:13 AM
(Just to stir the pot.)

Who cares, it's not like ya'll are going to win a medal anyways...;)

if the french NT doesn't win medal at the world, it won't be the first time, nor will it be the last one... :-)

romain.star
03-10-2010, 08:20 AM

But I definetely think it's a good thing for our NT that Tony won't play this summer. Diaw takes more responsabilities and we have Pietrus coming bck, Batum healthy and ........Noah !!!!!!! (first time a I see good big in the french NT)

TBH, i've not seen enough of both (diot and beaubois) to make a solid case for either if them.

what about Batum? What are the chances to see him play this summer?

Bambililos
03-10-2010, 08:35 AM
I'd like to see Diot start, too. He impressed me a lot last summer. But I'll admit I don't know Beaubois at all, but he seems very promising. A bench role should be enough for his first selection though.

Pauleta14
03-10-2010, 09:36 AM
TBH, i've not seen enough of both (diot and beaubois) to make a solid case for either if them.

what about Batum? What are the chances to see him play this summer?

Diot is maybe the best PG prospect we have had since......TP!
Too bad he doesn't play enough with his club (he's the bckup PG), but he has a great potential and is far more complete player than TP (as PG) was at the same age (court vision, jump shot, passing...) I don't know about his mental strengh, but I liked what I saw last summer.

About Batum, I remember that the Blazers FO was quite happy with his experience with the NT, they though it gave him high level experience, and if his shoulder doesn't bother him anymore, I don't see any reason they won't let him go...

it's me
03-10-2010, 09:53 AM
Diot is maybe the best PG prospect we have had since......TP!
Too bad he doesn't play enough with his club (he's the bckup PG), but he has a great potential and is far more complete player than TP (as PG) was at the same age (court vision, jump shot, passing...) I don't know about his mental strengh, but I liked what I saw last summer.

About Batum, I remember that the Blazers FO was quite happy with his experience with the NT, they though it gave him high level experience, and if his shoulder doesn't bother him anymore, I don't see any reason they won't let him go...

I totally agree with that….. I disagree with everybody complaining about Manu andTony playing for their N Teams….. I don’t think they would have been what they have been if you take all that international experience from them… they would probably be healthier sure …. but IMO I’m not sure they would have contributed to the Spurs championships the way they have….

Pauleta14
03-10-2010, 10:38 AM
I totally agree with that….. I disagree with everybody complaining about Manu andTony playing for their N Teams….. I don’t think they would have been what they have been if you take all that international experience from them… they would probably be healthier sure …. but IMO I’m not sure they would have contributed to the Spurs championships the way they have….

:clap :tu :toast ... :lol

Even the (supposely) smartest on SpursTalk (ie: Timvp) are completely stupid on that subject...
I don't know if there is a player in the history of the NBA that has played as many games as Tony at the same age...

How can they question they dedication to the team?
How can't they understand how difficult/impossible it is to explain to the media/people of their respective countries that they don't/can't wanna play for them????

A guy like Masson for instance discovered high level BB only last summer, for only 5 games!!!!
Had he played at the international level, I'm sure he wouldn't have been as bad as he was during the last PO...

By the way, too bad Tony's broken hand can't have anything to do with the french NT... :lol

romain.star
03-10-2010, 12:15 PM
:clap :tu :toast ... :lol

Even the (supposely) smartest on SpursTalk (ie: Timvp) are completely stupid on that subject...
I don't know if there is a player in the history of the NBA that has played as many games as Tony at the same age...

How can they question they dedication to the team?
How can't they understand how difficult/impossible it is to explain to the media/people of their respective countries that they don't/can't wanna play for them????

A guy like Masson for instance discovered high level BB only last summer, for only 5 games!!!!
Had he played at the international level, I'm sure he wouldn't have been as bad as he was during the last PO...

By the way, too bad Tony's broken hand can't have anything to do with the french NT... :lol

Look, Spurstalkers are a bit sensitive when it comes to NT issue. However, TP has a lot of milage now and although International play is a valuable experience for any player, it is now clearly hurting Parker (and Manu) chances to be 100% healthy NBA players. As for me, the Spurs matter much more than the French NT and i really hope Parker gets a full off 2010 summer cause next year is the last chance to get a ring with a dominant Duncan. Let's not ruin that

Pauleta14
03-10-2010, 12:52 PM
Look, Spurstalkers are a bit sensitive when it comes to NT issue. However, TP has a lot of milage now and although International play is a valuable experience for any player, it is now clearly hurting Parker (and Manu) chances to be 100% healthy NBA players. As for me, the Spurs matter much more than the French NT and i really hope Parker gets a full off 2010 summer cause next year is the last chance to get a ring with a dominant Duncan. Let's not ruin that

I agree with the fact that the Spurs should be his priority... NOW!!!
I was talking about the past years and the fact that ANY of his injuries were because of the french NT...

Sometimes it's just bad luck...

+ We were talking about the positive aspects of playing international BB (yes there are some!! :lol) and the fact that they (manu and tony) became great players ALSO thanks to the international competitions they played!

As for the futur, it's a no brainer that Tony should stop playing every summer and stay in shape for the spurs...

ps/ I'm more exited by the spurs BB than our french NT play...
As long as we won't have a decent coach who knows/proved something about/at the "highest" level, we won't have any chance of winning a title!
(Italy and Spain had the "courage" of hiring foreign coaches and they won...)

romain.star
03-10-2010, 01:22 PM
French NTs have a history of not hiring foreign coaches and though it could make sense in football since we have among the best coaches in the world (well, we also have... ahem... lemerre, santini and domenech), it would be a huge asset to sign a foreign coach in BB (larry brown? Pop after TD retires?)

timaios
03-10-2010, 01:34 PM

Noah is injured and I don't think Chicago will let him play this summer.
Batum was seriously injured in the 1st part of the season, and like Noah, I don't see him play this summer.
I am not sure that Diaw will play without his best friend Tony.
And Mickaël Piétrus has a "strange" relation with the French national team, so...