PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had this issue with an ipod?

Ballcox
03-10-2010, 12:50 PM
I've been downloading all my cd collection onto the ipod the wife got me a while back. At first, no complaints with sound quality or clarity with the music. But lately the volume is way too low, even when I set it for max volume and the sound quality has also decreased to where it's much less clear, kind of distorted.

Just curious what you guys have experienced with your ipods. I'm thinking the original ear pods/speakers just are low quality and I should invest in better headphones/ear pods? Any advice or personal experiences is much appreciated.

Dr. Gonzo
03-10-2010, 12:51 PM
I just purchased my first iPod a couple of months ago and I haven't had any problems. It's a great product.

MannyIsGod
03-10-2010, 12:55 PM
Never had any issues with my 2 Ipod classics other than losing the first one.

IronMexican
03-10-2010, 12:56 PM
It's the earbuds. It happens to all earbuds I've ever purchased. Who knows, if you buy the good ones($100+), it might now happen.

MiamiHeat
03-10-2010, 01:00 PM
I've been downloading all my cd collection onto the ipod the wife got me a while back. At first, no complaints with sound quality or clarity with the music. But lately the volume is way too low, even when I set it for max volume and the sound quality has also decreased to where it's much less clear, kind of distorted.

Just curious what you guys have experienced with your ipods. I'm thinking the original ear pods/speakers just are low quality and I should invest in better headphones/ear pods? Any advice or personal experiences is much appreciated.

sounds like it could be the battery or the headphones dying out. i'd guesss the second one

Ballcox
03-10-2010, 01:03 PM
^I make sure to keep the battery charged up, so it's not that. But I do exercise with the ipod on and maybe sweat has damaged the ear buds? It's just strange because it was working fine not long ago and now the sound quality has just gone to crap.

clambake
03-10-2010, 01:06 PM
take it to the apple store and they will give you an exchange. cost maybe $50.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-10-2010, 01:09 PM
You might have that compression on. I forget what it's called in iTunes. I'd hook it up to other speakers/ear buds/stereo.

Dex
03-10-2010, 01:40 PM
Try it with different headphones. If it sounds fine, it's your headphones. I don't sell out to Apple for those damn things anymore, I just go to Target and buy the $10 Sony's which work fine, and I don't feel like an ass when I lose or break them.

If the issue still occurs with new/different headphones, it's probably the iPod.

As mentioned, make sure you don't have the Sound Enhancer or Sound Check enabled in your iTunes preferences, and make sure you don't have the Equalizer settings (if it has one) on the iPod set to anything weird.

If still no dice, go with the three R's.

Reset (turn iPod on and off), Restore (restore the iPods software in iTunes), Replace (take that sucker back)

BeefAnus II
03-10-2010, 04:02 PM
[quote=Ballcox;4149285]But lately the volume is way too lowquote]
did you try turning the volume up? you have to spin the wheel clockwise... clock wise is the direction the hands on a clock move...

Bukefal
03-10-2010, 07:04 PM
I never had any problems with the volume. But you are right about the original earpods, they suck. They get damaged/busted so quickly.

Some proper earpods for your ipod is a must have!

Trainwreck2100
03-10-2010, 07:10 PM
my ipod is teh broke i can only hear sound from one headphone andi know it not the headphones cause they work fine on other products