PDA

View Full Version : Sign me up for the Hairston bandwagon, I was wrong

ffadicted
03-10-2010, 10:45 PM
I take back every bad thing I said about this guy, he has heart passion and skill, he's pushing so hard out there, giving it his all it's a joy to watch. Fuck the Centerpiece and Mason, I want Malik

MORE HAIRSTON PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

edit: sorry for my euphoria, I guess there are malik threads in the front page, but I was excited! lol

Spurs Brazil
03-10-2010, 10:49 PM
Malik>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mason

Go find something in Europe Mason. You suck for NBA

TJastal
03-10-2010, 10:52 PM
Malik>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mason

Go find something in Europe Mason. You suck for NBA

untwist the panties

murpjf88
03-10-2010, 10:55 PM
One of 3 or 4 hairston threads that will pop up tonight.

Budkin
03-10-2010, 10:56 PM
Hairston!

dbestpro
03-10-2010, 10:56 PM
Agreed. Also I have been wrong about RJ. He is never going to come around. They cannot get him and his fat contract out of town fast enough when the season ends.

RMJ? Has ice water in his veins. The problem is it has lead to cold feet when its crunch time. Soooooooo, RMJ, you are out a here!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to the rotation Malik.

Blackjack
03-10-2010, 10:57 PM

Probably right; I think I'll start the official one. :smokin

jjktkk
03-10-2010, 10:59 PM
Man it was sweet to to see Hairston play in crunch time and deliver a nice performance on both ends of the floor. Even though the big 3 might be broken up in a couple years, its nice to see that with Hairston, Hill, and Blair, the future doesn't seem so dim. All three look like solid players who should only get better in the years to come.

weebo
03-10-2010, 11:01 PM
What did he do that was so impressive? I didn't get to see the game.

8FOR!3
03-10-2010, 11:03 PM
He made a clutch jumpshot, played the best D I've seen on the Spurs all year at times, and seems to do the same explosive two handed dunk off of a miss every game he plays...

ace3g
03-10-2010, 11:05 PM
glad Pop kept Hairston out there for pretty much the entire 4th quarter, he played some good defense, got that block, had a nice put back dunk , and huge shot when the Spurs needed a basket.

Hopefully this is the start of the extended minutes Hairston deserves. He should be getting around 15 minutes a game, and more on nights when Mason and or Bogans aren't playing well.

DesignatedT
03-10-2010, 11:07 PM
I take back every bad thing I said about this guy, he has heart passion and skill, he's pushing so hard out there, giving it his all it's a joy to watch. Fuck the Centerpiece and Mason, I want Malik

MORE HAIRSTON PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

edit: sorry for my euphoria, I guess there are malik threads in the front page, but I was excited! lol

:lol

underdawg
03-10-2010, 11:24 PM
glad Pop kept Hairston out there for pretty much the entire 4th quarter, he played some good defense, got that block, had a nice put back dunk , and huge shot when the Spurs needed a basket.

Hopefully this is the start of the extended minutes Hairston deserves. He should be getting around 15 minutes a game, and more on nights when Mason and or Bogans aren't playing well.

And you bet he earned every minute of that playing time this week in practice - good practice equals a good game.

DesignatedT
03-10-2010, 11:28 PM
yup. hairston is ready to go. play him pop :tu

spurtech09
03-10-2010, 11:38 PM
hairston look pretty good tonight.....hope he gets more mins

angelbelow
03-11-2010, 12:28 AM

lmao

Sean Cagney
03-11-2010, 01:05 AM
Why not? Bogans and Mason aren't carrying us to the promised land! Hell we are first round exits as of now at BEST! LOL. Why not try the young guy out and see if you can get a thing out of it? Small price to pay, big reward if he works out. We need the younger guys now out there, period.

timtonymanu
03-11-2010, 01:54 AM
fuck i missed this game. well malik seems to have proven himself and im damn proud of him.

Obstructed_View
03-11-2010, 02:21 AM
And you bet he earned every minute of that playing time this week in practice - good practice equals a good game.

I agree. I'm sure it was this week of practice. Glad Pop finally saw it this week in practice after camp and preseason and a minute or two here and there during the regular season wasn't enough to convince him. Good thing they had a lot of practices this week.

Good for Malik. A dollar says he's not going to be taking any minutes from "the centerpiece" this season, and probably next season as well.

SenorSpur
03-11-2010, 02:22 AM
Big ups for coming around.

I hope I live to see the day when more of the Popologists come around on Ian too.

One young player at a time.

angelbelow
03-11-2010, 03:48 AM
Welcome aboard btw.

jjktkk
03-11-2010, 03:53 AM
Big ups for coming around.

I hope I live to see the day when more of the Popologists come around on Ian too.

One young player at a time.

Look at the difference between Hairston and Mahimni when they are on the court. Hairston looks confident and decisive when hes out there. Mahimni looks hesitant at times. Basketball doesn't come natural to Mahimni, like it does Hairston. Thats called BBIQ. This is Hairston's 2nd year since being drafted, its Mahimni's 5th. Yea I know Mahimni's lost about two years due to injuries, but how long does it take for the light to come on for Mahimni? Will it? You Mahimnigazers should realize that there is no perfect scenario for a NBA prospect to get a large dose of minutes to try and prove himself. He needs to show at least some sort of progression no matter how little the minutes he plays. Mahimni hasn't shown any progression since hes been drafted. A flash of athletism here and there the ability to defend and board, and the same rookie mistakes like turning the ball over, traveling, etc.... its the same old tired music with him. He had 1 good game against New Jersey, but didn't follow up on that. Mahimni is avery impressive athlete, but that doesn't guarantee a NBA career. How long will it take for Mahimni to put it all together if ever?

PublicOption
03-11-2010, 04:37 AM
RJ plays like he is just not focused on winning at all............sound like a pot problem to me.

PublicOption
03-11-2010, 04:38 AM
RJ + Marijuana=suckitude

spursbird
03-11-2010, 04:43 AM
Release Hairston!

Manu-of-steel
03-11-2010, 05:56 AM
Props to Malik. I was not able to watch this game, unfortunately. I would have seen how Malik worked his ass off in the 4th quarter.

underdawg
03-11-2010, 07:53 AM
Look at the difference between Hairston and Mahimni when they are on the court. Hairston looks confident and decisive when hes out there. Mahimni looks hesitant at times. Basketball doesn't come natural to Mahimni, like it does Hairston. Thats called BBIQ. This is Hairston's 2nd year since being drafted, its Mahimni's 5th. Yea I know Mahimni's lost about two years due to injuries, but how long does it take for the light to come on for Mahimni? Will it? You Mahimnigazers should realize that there is no perfect scenario for a NBA prospect to get a large dose of minutes to try and prove himself. He needs to show at least some sort of progression no matter how little the minutes he plays. Mahimni hasn't shown any progression since hes been drafted. A flash of athletism here and there the ability to defend and board, and the same rookie mistakes like turning the ball over, traveling, etc.... its the same old tired music with him. He had 1 good game against New Jersey, but didn't follow up on that. Mahimni is avery impressive athlete, but that doesn't guarantee a NBA career. How long will it take for Mahimni to put it all together if ever?

Do you even know anything about Ian - he hasn't shown progression since he was drafted? That is stupid hate - Malik is just a year younger than Ian and while Malik was Oregon, Ian was in Europe. Ian was drafted as a 19 year old project and there was never any intention of bringing him over right away. He led the Toros to the NBADL finals and was selected to the 1st team NBADL - that's not very progressive though? He's a young 6'11'' player that needs playing time to get rid of bad habits - name one decent big man that stopped developing before the age of 24?

underdawg
03-11-2010, 07:55 AM
I take that back - Ian and Malik are about the same age

SenorSpur
03-11-2010, 09:09 AM
Do you even know anything about Ian - he hasn't shown progression since he was drafted? That is stupid hate - Malik is just a year younger than Ian and while Malik was Oregon, Ian was in Europe. Ian was drafted as a 19 year old project and there was never any intention of bringing him over right away. He led the Toros to the NBADL finals and was selected to the 1st team NBADL - that's not very progressive though? He's a young 6'11'' player that needs playing time to get rid of bad habits - name one decent big man that stopped developing before the age of 24?

It's impossible to get through to some of these Popologists. If their hair was on fire and Pop told them it wasn't true, they would believe him rather than the sight, smell and feeling of a burning scalp.

Drachen
03-11-2010, 09:39 AM

Shoot, I could have told you that. I watched the first game Hairston played as a Spur, and immediately turned to my buddy and said "that guy needs some playing time, he is rough around the edges, but look at that effort! If you add that to his obvious athletic abilities, and the fact that he is jumping over bigs to get rebounds on every missed shot, this guy could be good"

Then he was sent back to the toros maybe a week later. DOH

Mahimni just hasn't shown me much of anything.

Oh, BTW, I saw Hairston at the Planet Fitness on Bandera a few weeks ago. I guess Bonner gets a bonus for everyone he signs up.

boutons_deux
03-11-2010, 09:52 AM
What I like about Hairston is that he is light-footed like Bruce was. He can really move around effortlessly, got a quick first step, good acceleration. He's not graceful, but one of the most athletic guys on the Spurs.

Haven't seen him take many jumpers, but he drives well and can finish.

Whisky Dog
03-11-2010, 09:57 AM

Mahinmi was 18 when he was drafted, big difference. You don't give up on the kid without at least giving him the chance to suck that Bogans has gotten.

all_heart
03-11-2010, 10:11 AM
Malik did great, he has that hunger the Spurs really need. I hope he gets more playing time. Mason.. geez.. this guy seems to have lost all his confidence, he can't buy a bucket to save his life. I don't know how you get to the NBA and lose your confidence... HELLO!!!!!!! RJ is not too far off either.. They must be really uncomfortable in the Spurs system. You can't make plays if you have no confidence. Malik seems to have that confidence, hopefully Pop won't try to "break" him. :nope

BatManu
03-11-2010, 11:57 AM

what he said ^

poop
03-11-2010, 12:44 PM
Release Hairston!

its UNLEASH, hairston, not 'release' hairston :lol