Atlanta: 108.6
Orlando: 107.8
Utah: 107.5
Dallas: 106.9
LA: 105.9
Boston: 104.4

Pelicans78
03-11-2010, 12:52 AM
Well, Dallas has a different team now. I think they will be fine against the contenders. They matchup really well with Denver now.

Findog
03-11-2010, 12:52 AM
Defensive Efficiency:

Boston: 99.3
Orlando: 99.6
LA: 99.8
Cleveland: 100.9
Utah: 102.4
Dallas: 103.1
Atlanta: 104.0
Denver: 104.3

ElNono
03-11-2010, 12:53 AM
Is that list for regular season title contenders?

Rogue
03-11-2010, 12:53 AM
I define Title Contenders thusly:

Favorites: Lakers, Cavs

Second-Tier: Magic, Nuggets, Mavericks

Darkhorses: Hawks, Celtics, Jazz

These are their records when they play against each other:

Nuggets: 11-4
Cavs: 9-6
Magic: 9-7
Mavericks: 8-7
Hawks: 8-8
Lakers: 8-9
Jazz: 6-11
Celtics: 4-11

Still it doesn't mean Mavs have a better chance at :lobt: than Lakers, nor Nuggets than Mavs. IMHO it doesn't hold much water to make evaluations of all the eastern and western contenders mixed one cluster. Maybe a western team holds overwhelming records against western contenders and lame ones in conference, then probably this team won't be able to stretch far enough to confront the eastern champion if these records successfully apply to playoff games.

Findog
03-11-2010, 12:56 AM
Is that list for regular season title contenders?

No, it's teams that have a chance at winning a title. In all likelihood, that will be the Lakers or Cavs. Should one or both of those teams slip, it will be because of Orlando, Denver or Dallas. And I consider Atlanta, Boston and Utah to be longshots to win, but it's within the realm of possibility. Basically the top eight teams in the league that aren't first-round fodder.

Cane
03-11-2010, 12:56 AM
Seems like a simplistic stat unless you underrate potential factors like injuries, back-to-backs, trades, chemistry, etc. However it does help how I feel about Jazz: They're not really a contender especially without HCA. The Jazz are playing well but just got a feeling that it won't carry over to the playoffs since they lack reliable third/fourth options and don't match up that well with the top teams.

Findog
03-11-2010, 12:57 AM
One of the things that jumps out at me is that Denver is not an especially strong defensive team based on the stats, but they have plenty of offensive firepower, a good point differential and they've taken care of business against other elite teams.

Ode to Triple Ocho
03-11-2010, 12:57 AM
only title contenders on that list are cleveland, orlando and LA

Findog
03-11-2010, 12:58 AM

The other five are darkhorses basically. Or call them elite teams, because there's eight of them.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-11-2010, 12:59 AM
One of the things that jumps out at me is that Denver is not an especially strong defensive team based on the stats, but they have plenty of offensive firepower, a good point differential and they've taken care of business against other elite teams.

Hence why I feel they're the second best team in the West.

Amuseddaysleeper

Orlando isn't winning jack this year.

Ghazi

Good call on Howard and bUtler being lateral, dumb shit.

Findog
03-11-2010, 01:00 AM
Boston still brings the defense, but that team is old and they're going to be worn to the nub when the playoffs roll around.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-11-2010, 01:01 AM
They're the Spurs of the east.

Ode to Triple Ocho
03-11-2010, 01:01 AM
Good call on Howard and bUtler being lateral, dumb shit.

back to back 2nd round exits = lateral dumb shit

:lol

Banzai
03-11-2010, 01:02 AM
http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/userpics/11024/Untitled-1.gif (http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/userpics/11024/Untitled-1.gif)

ElNono
03-11-2010, 01:02 AM
No, it's teams that have a chance at winning a title. In all likelihood, that will be the Lakers or Cavs. Should one or both of those teams slip, it will be because of Orlando, Denver or Dallas. And I consider Atlanta, Boston and Utah to be longshots to win, but it's within the realm of possibility. Basically the top eight teams in the league that aren't first-round fodder.

Ehhh, no. Barring a catastrophic chain of injuries, the Lakers or Nuggets will come out of the West. Nuggets need KMart to beat the Lakers though, I think. Utah could be the dark horse. In the east is either Cavs or Orlando. Boston is done. Atlanta could be the dark horse there.

IMO anyways.

Ghazi
03-11-2010, 01:03 AM
back to back 2nd round exits = lateral dumb shit

:lol

youve already made one retarded prediction, may wanna cut your losses.

Ode to Triple Ocho
03-11-2010, 01:05 AM

houston rockets 22 win streak and they were never contenders

just like dallas

may wanna cut your losses and save yourself from heartbreak now

Findog
If I had to do a power rankings, I'd do it this way:

1. Cleveland
2. LA
3. Orlando
4. Denver
5. Dallas
6. Utah
7. Atlanta
8. Boston

ElNono

When you're betting against Dallas in the playoffs, you're always playing with house money.

Findog
03-11-2010, 01:06 AM
When you're betting against Dallas in the playoffs, you're always playing with house money.

Not if they draw the Spurs.

Ghazi

lol Spurs

ElNono
Not if they draw the Spurs.

We'll see if we're even there this year... looks like we can't avoid it at this point...

Ode to Triple Ocho
03-11-2010, 01:07 AM
Orlando isn't winning jack this year.

agreed they have no shot at beating la in a 7 game series

but at least Orlando has a chance to get in the finals. Dallas doesn't

Findog
03-11-2010, 01:09 AM
Dallas doesn't

Uh, yeah they do. Not likely, but they do. So does Utah. Phoenix, Zombie Sonics, Portland, San Antonio, those teams have no shot.

Edward
03-11-2010, 01:09 AM
agreed they have no shot at beating la in a 7 game series

but at least Orlando has a chance to get in the finals. Dallas doesn't

Good to see you're done eating cock meat sandwiches for awhile and your back posting.

dirk4mvp
03-11-2010, 01:12 AM
Have spurstalk's laker fans accepted this guy yet so he can stop being a flaming faggot?

dirk4mvp
03-11-2010, 01:14 AM
Look at me Lakaluva! I want to be in! Can I be in?! Please let me be in!

Edward
03-11-2010, 01:14 AM
Have spurstalk's laker fans accepted this guy yet so he can stop being a flaming faggot?

Lakers fans I'm new but please be my friend!

Greg Oden
03-11-2010, 01:16 AM
lol rushing to get into the laker fans sorrority

lol unoriginal schtick

Ode to Triple Ocho
03-11-2010, 01:16 AM
Uh, yeah they do. Not likely, but they do.

Uh, no they do not.

So does Dallas, Denver Utah. Phoenix, Zombie Sonics, Portland, San Antonio, those teams have no shot.

Dallas and Denver's only hope is for Kobe to break his leg. Better start praying to your God(s) now.

Edward
03-11-2010, 01:18 AM
Dallas and Denver's only hope is for Kobe to break his leg. Better start praying to your God(s) now.

Or if Gasol can break his leg, then Kobe would just lose in the 1st round like he did from 2005-2007 when you weren't a Lakers fan.

Findog
03-11-2010, 01:22 AM
Uh, no they do not.

Denver is easily capable of beating the Lakers in a series, and Dallas has an outside shot. I can tell you this, the Lakers aren't going to beat Cleveland with Pau and Bynum playing like dumb pussies.

Ode to Triple Ocho
03-11-2010, 02:33 AM
Denver is easily capable of beating the Lakers in a series,

No they aren't. Stop using dumb Dallas Mavericks regular season logic

and Dallas has an outside shot.

Outside shot = injury to Kobe

I can tell you this, the Lakers aren't going to beat Cleveland with Pau and Bynum playing like dumb pussies.

Cleveland isn't beating Orlando with Mo Williams and Jamison playing like dumb pussies.

Maybe you should watch the Lakers play some time. Bynum has been playing much better than Pau lately. Phil Jackson just won't play him in the 4th most of the time.

What some of you still haven't figured out is Phil Jackson doesn't give a shit about the regular season. He throws abnormal rotations and defensive schemes all year at you then completely changes it up when the post-season rolls around.

xellos88330
03-11-2010, 02:54 AM

Come on Findog. As long as a team is in the playoffs there is a chance. Since you are a Mavs fan I would think that you would know that record isn't everything. Any playoff team can beat any other playoff team. It comes down to luck IMHO.

Muser
03-11-2010, 03:05 AM
Boston ain't winning shit. KG is a shell of his former self.

AnthonyM
03-11-2010, 03:29 AM
Lol i bet it makes mavsfans dick hard to put em in the 2nd tier for a title

Findog
03-11-2010, 09:56 AM
No they aren't. Stop using dumb Dallas Mavericks regular season logic

What dumb logic would that be? That they took them to 6 games last year and match up extremely well with them?

Outside shot = injury to Kobe

Keep telling yourself that. Haywood gives the Mavs the ability to play a real center for 48 minutes against the Laker frontline. Marion, Butler, Stevenson and Kidd are four wing defenders to throw at Kobe. Kobe will still get his 30+ points, but it won't be as easy and they won't have to double team him constantly.

Maybe you should watch the Lakers play some time. Bynum has been playing much better than Pau lately. Phil Jackson just won't play him in the 4th most of the time.

As a matter of fact I have - saw them lose to Miami, lose to Charlotte, lose to Orlando and barely beat the Craptors at home. I see Gasol playing extremely soft and complaining about his touches when Kobe has to clean up after him, and Bynum only playing hard when he's scoring and getting enough touches.

What some of you still haven't figured out is Phil Jackson doesn't give a shit about the regular season. He throws abnormal rotations and defensive schemes all year at you then completely changes it up when the post-season rolls around.

Yeah, you're right, I've never noticed Phil Jackson's coaching methods and that like Popovich he coaches for the long haul.

Cleveland isn't beating Orlando with Mo Williams and Jamison playing like dumb pussies.

As long as Shaq is back for the playoffs, they'll beat Orlando.

Findog
03-11-2010, 09:57 AM
Ehhh, no. Barring a catastrophic chain of injuries, the Lakers or Nuggets will come out of the West.

And possibly Dallas or Utah.

Cane
03-11-2010, 10:03 AM
LA still looks like the clear favorite. They barely even try and end up winning.

baseline bum
03-11-2010, 10:14 AM
Before the Butler trade I had LA as a 90/10 favorite to win the conference, but right now I'd put it more at 55/45 with their shitty play and Dallas' resurgence, combined with Denver's chance to make some noise.

ElNono
03-11-2010, 11:12 AM
And possibly Utah.

fify

Dallas in the playoffs =
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_CAoFDpupTaY/SSDH-DREBrI/AAAAAAAABX0/BRpgWSny-cQ/s400/LUCY+FOOTBALL.jpg

Findog
03-11-2010, 11:21 AM
fify

Dallas in the playoffs =
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_CAoFDpupTaY/SSDH-DREBrI/AAAAAAAABX0/BRpgWSny-cQ/s400/LUCY+FOOTBALL.jpg

Whatever. They used to say that about San Antonio.

Pelicans78
03-11-2010, 11:22 AM
Dallas is built perfectly to match up with Denver.

Findog
03-11-2010, 11:26 AM
Dallas is built perfectly to match up with Denver.

The trade gives them a remote chance at winning the West. Before they were a first-round exit.

Pelicans78
03-11-2010, 11:32 AM
The trade gives them a remote chance at winning the West. Before they were a first-round exit.

They're ahead of Denver and Utah IMO.

Against Denver, Haywood can slow down Nene in the paint, they have two wings in Marion and Butler who can matchup with Carmelo, and Kidd is strong enough to defend Chauncey.

Findog
03-11-2010, 11:34 AM
They're ahead of Denver and Utah IMO.

Against Denver, Haywood can slow down Nene in the paint, they have two wings in Marion and Butler who can matchup with Carmelo, and Kidd is strong enough to defend Chauncey.

Stevenson is another good perimeter defender. Of course, guys like Melo and Kobe are still going to get their points, but if they do it against single coverage instead of double coverage, and take more shots to get there, then you've done your job.

Bartleby
03-11-2010, 11:39 AM
If I had to do a power rankings, I'd do it this way:

1. Cleveland
2. LA
3. Orlando
4. Denver
5. Dallas
6. Utah
7. Atlanta
8. Boston

Looks about right, except I'd put Orlando behind Denver and Dallas.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-11-2010, 12:10 PM
houston rockets 22 win streak and they were never contenders

just like dallas

may wanna cut your losses and save yourself from heartbreak now

If Ming stayed healthy (which would have never happened but he was around for most of that winning streak so it's worth mentioning) the Rockets would have been contenders.

Double-Up
03-11-2010, 12:25 PM
If Ming stayed healthy (which would have never happened but he was around for most of that winning streak so it's worth mentioning) the Rockets would have been contenders.

Yea woulda coulda shoulda...we were never contenders, 04-05 was our best chance. Too bad it went all down hill from there.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-11-2010, 12:27 PM
Yea woulda coulda shoulda...we were never contenders, 04-05 was our best chance. Too bad it went all down hill from there.

I know, just saying that the Rockets team that won 22 straight would have been a contender. They were the #1 seed in the West at the end of that winning streak and would have kept winning if not for Yao going down.

monosylab1k
03-11-2010, 12:28 PM

? Last season the Rockets would have beaten the Lakers if Yao Ming didn't get hurt.

If you mean you weren't contenders because your stars couldn't stay healthy, then you have a point. But talentwise, the Rockets were definitely contenders last season and the season before too.

Pelicans78
03-11-2010, 12:37 PM
I think if Rafer would have been healthy during the Utah series two seasons ago, the Rockets could have won easily.

Double-Up
03-11-2010, 12:41 PM
? Last season the Rockets would have beaten the Lakers if Yao Ming didn't get hurt.

If you mean you weren't contenders because your stars couldn't stay healthy, then you have a point. But talentwise, the Rockets were definitely contenders last season and the season before too.

Yep, no doubt. Injury bug killed us every season after 04-05.

Ode to Triple Ocho
03-11-2010, 01:50 PM

No they wouldn't. The years Yao and Tracey were healthy what happened? Still couldn't get out of the first round. Mcgrady has always been a mentally instable little bitch and Yao is Yao. He'll never a be a Duncan/Shaq type, nor has he ever had that kind of impact.

Houston was never a contender that season, health or no. The win streak was a great fluke and all (just like the Mavs current one) but was overall absolutely meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

If you look at the matchups it's pretty obvious the Lakers, barring Kobe injury, will coast through the West playoffs yet again.

Double-Up
03-11-2010, 01:53 PM
No they wouldn't. The years Yao and Tracey were healthy what happened? Oh right couldn't get out of the first round.

Houston was never a contender that season, health or no. The win streak was a great fluke and all (just like the Mavs current one) but was overall absolutely meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

If you look at the matchups it's pretty obvious the Lakers, barring Kobe injury, will coast through the West playoffs yet again.

Which year are you talking bout? I don't remember any season post 04-05 that they were BOTH healthy in. Move around with that nonsense...

Ode to Triple Ocho
03-11-2010, 02:04 PM
Which year are you talking bout? I don't remember any season post 04-05 that they were BOTH healthy in. Move around with that nonsense...

Whatever, keep up with the excuses and ignore 06/07 when both of them played in all 7 games of their pathetic playoff run.

Yao/Mcgrady was destined to win absolutely nothing. Both overrated losers.

Indazone
03-11-2010, 02:17 PM
So you're saying it's going to be Denver vs Cleveland for the finals?

Double-Up
03-11-2010, 02:20 PM
Whatever, keep up with the excuses and ignore 06/07 when both of them played in all 7 games of their pathetic playoff run.

Yao/Mcgrady was destined to win absolutely nothing. Both overrated losers.

You stupid fuck I said SEASON not PLAYOFFS...can you fucking read? I guess not coming from Los Angeles PS-17. :lol

Ode to Triple Ocho
03-11-2010, 02:28 PM
You stupid fuck I said SEASON not PLAYOFFS...can you fucking read? I guess not coming from Los Angeles PS-17. :lol

You're the dumbass here. The post I made which you quoted was referring to the PLAYOFFS. I see you EDITED your post so now you're reduced to backtracking.

I expect nothing less from a retarded, trailer-educated trash Texan like yourself.

Double-Up
03-11-2010, 02:46 PM
I'm a bandwagon lakerfan that loves to put that ass out on the corner as long as it makes me an easy buck.

Yea I know fool. :lol