PDA

View Full Version : What a #@$%& ripoff...

CosmicCowboy
03-11-2010, 11:15 AM
I just was notified that I have to have a permit with the TCEQ ( Texas Commission on Environmental quality) that costs $100 a year for fucking rainwater to run off my property. Basically talking about buildings and parking lots...NO pollution at all. NONE...Not only that, I have to MONITOR the fucking runoff, pay to have water sampling done, and fill out reams of fucking paperwork every year. FUCKFUCKFUCK. I fucking hate big government.

JudynTX
03-11-2010, 11:18 AM
Hey, wait a minute. Are you Back2Basics? :lol

Blake
03-11-2010, 11:22 AM
I just was notified that I have to have a permit with the TCEQ ( Texas Commission on Environmental quality) that costs $100 a year for fucking rainwater to run off my property. Basically talking about buildings and parking lots...NO pollution at all. NONE...Not only that, I have to MONITOR the fucking runoff, pay to have water sampling done, and fill out reams of fucking paperwork every year. FUCKFUCKFUCK. I fucking hate big government.

are you over the recharge zone?

balli
03-11-2010, 11:24 AM
By 'big government' I'm guessing you mean your local government and since you're not polluting it seems you're suggesting that the regulatory agency, which monitors such pollution, has no purpose; nevermind the fact that there are probably a great number of land owners who do contaminate their runoff. Suck it up and pay the fucking minute fee. You don't want to? Move to Mexico and drink dirty water.

CosmicCowboy
03-11-2010, 11:26 AM
*reading*

I have to have a fucking rain gauge and keep a fucking log of all rainfall. FUCK!

CosmicCowboy
03-11-2010, 11:27 AM
are you over the recharge zone?

no

clambake
03-11-2010, 11:32 AM
calm down cowboy......and leave the cessna in the hanger.

Fpoonsie
03-11-2010, 11:34 AM

:lol

CosmicCowboy
03-11-2010, 11:44 AM
By 'big government' I'm guessing you mean your local government and since you're not polluting it seems you're suggesting that the regulatory agency, which monitors such pollution, has no purpose; nevermind the fact that there are probably a great number of land owners who do contaminate their runoff. Suck it up and pay the fucking minute fee. You don't want to? Move to Mexico and drink dirty water.

Bullshit. Whatever happened to common sense? ZERO fucking pollution originates from my property. They are more than welcome to inspect my property and verify that. Why THE FUCK should I have to write a fucking compliance manual, monitor and log the fucking rainfall at my property, PAY for fucking water testing, submit fucking quarterly reports and then PAY THEM ONE HUNDRED FUCKING DOLLARS A YEAR FOR THE PRIVILEGE OF HAVING TO DO ALL THIS BULLSHIT?

03-11-2010, 11:54 AM
You have trucks parking in your lot CC? Shit drip off those trucks? Welcome to the "real" world.

Try having a UST on your place. How about the freaking contraption we "had" to buy to grind up fluorescent bulbs because they're so much better for the environment except for the freaking cancer causing mercury vapor in them so you can't throw them away when they give out and have to freaking manifest the waste?

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-11-2010, 11:55 AM
If you're gonna have to cough up the dough anyways then jump in with both feet and start polluting like a motherfucker. I'm sure you can get some mercury and DDT on ebay.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-11-2010, 12:00 PM
I guess it's back to being number 2.

CosmicCowboy
03-11-2010, 12:01 PM
You have trucks parking in your lot CC? Shit drip off those trucks? Welcome to the "real" world.

Try having a UST on your place. How about the freaking contraption we "had" to buy to grind up fluorescent bulbs because they're so much better for the environment except for the freaking cancer causing mercury vapor in them so you can't throw them away when they give out and have to freaking manifest the waste?

I know exactly what you mean.

I pulled my UST's over 10 years ago. I park my trucks inside a building when they aren't out on jobs. but yeah, there are customers and employee trucks parked outside but they are all dripping somewhere 24/7 so wheres the common sense in picking on THIS parking lot.

It's got nothing to do with actually reducing pollution and everything to do with building bigger government and sucking new fees out of taxpayers.

clambake
03-11-2010, 12:05 PM
it's because of the concentration accumulated from the lot. i have to do the same thing at the factory and on commercial lots.

oh....and they're looking for money.

03-11-2010, 12:07 PM
I know exactly what you mean.

I pulled my UST's over 10 years ago. I park my trucks inside a building when they aren't out on jobs. but yeah, there are customers and employee trucks parked outside but they are all dripping somewhere 24/7 so wheres the common sense in picking on THIS parking lot.

It's got nothing to do with actually reducing pollution and everything to do with building bigger government and sucking new fees out of taxpayers.

How come you don't have to have a monitoring well for your old UST's and we do? Hell, some of ours were pulled 20+ years ago.

I am so calling someone.....

CosmicCowboy
03-11-2010, 12:08 PM
it's because of the concentration accumulated from the lot. i have to do the same thing at the factory and on commercial lots.

oh....and they're looking for money.

It's a parking lot.

They are cars.

Tha'ts where cars park.

What good does it do to "monitor" the runoff?

CosmicCowboy
03-11-2010, 12:10 PM
How come you don't have to have a monitoring well for your old UST's and we do? Hell, some of ours were pulled 20+ years ago.

I am so calling someone.....

I pulled mine and went through the complete dirt sampling routine and got a clean bill of health.

CubanSucks
03-11-2010, 12:11 PM

Wait, what? Me and my friends at work bust those things whenever we get a chance

clambake
03-11-2010, 12:12 PM
What good does it do to "monitor" the runoff?

to make a case for penalties and fines.

you need to take the opposite approach and use honey.

mrsmaalox
03-11-2010, 12:12 PM
Not necessarily always about pollution. They also need your money for construction and maintenance of the storm drains.

CosmicCowboy
03-11-2010, 12:16 PM
to make a case for penalties and fines.

you need to take the opposite approach and use honey.

Trust me, I'm not being an asshole to them. I know it's all about the fee and the paperwork. It just pisses me off.

CosmicCowboy
03-11-2010, 12:24 PM
Not necessarily always about pollution. They also need your money for construction and maintenance of the storm drains.

This fee goes straight to the state. They aren't building any storm drains with it. That's what my $20,000 a fucking year in property taxes is supposed to pay for. Not to mention the Fucking $68.44 EVERY FUCKING MONTH for the "Federal Stormwater Fee". My actual water use last month was $11.43 and my SAWS bill was $90.10 after fees. FUCK!

MannyIsGod
03-11-2010, 12:30 PM
:lol

CosmicCowboy
03-11-2010, 12:50 PM

FUCK IT! I'VE HAD ENOUGH!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d1/Cessna_182_Cockpit.jpg

Drachen
03-11-2010, 12:59 PM
Wait, what? Me and my friends at work bust those things whenever we get a chance

Seriously, you didn't know this? You are supposed to take the ones that fizzle out to a CFL recycling place (there are boxes at lowes and Home Depot as well as other places where you can drop them off and they take them to be recycled). If you break a CFL, there is a whole procedure to follow when cleaning them up. Basically it involves opening as many windows in the room as possible, very quickly and turning on a fan or something to circulate the room's air. Then closing the doors as you leave the room. Come back 20 mins later and clean the glass. (this isn't the exact process, but something like it).

Wild Cobra
03-11-2010, 01:02 PM
Hello, we're from the government. We're here to help.

Wild Cobra
03-11-2010, 01:05 PM
Just be thankful that you don't get as much government as you pay for.

mrsmaalox
03-11-2010, 01:40 PM
This fee goes straight to the state. They aren't building any storm drains with it. That's what my $20,000 a fucking year in property taxes is supposed to pay for. Not to mention the Fucking $68.44 EVERY FUCKING MONTH for the "Federal Stormwater Fee". My actual water use last month was $11.43 and my SAWS bill was $90.10 after fees. FUCK!

Well I didn't mean the Municipal system. TCEQ's SEPs will "assist" financially for the noncompliants to get their systems in order. So instead of pulling your own weight and being a responsible citizen (like with your USTs), you could have been noncompliant and whined when they fined you and they would have done it all for you :) They do it all the time for businesses with private drainage systems.

jack sommerset
03-11-2010, 01:47 PM
What's the fine is u don't do it?

mookie2001
03-11-2010, 02:00 PM
Must suck owning property

CosmicCowboy
03-11-2010, 02:36 PM
I am so going to protest this shit. After reading about 500 pages of regulations I am going to protest that they are misinterpreting my SIC classification.

clambake
03-11-2010, 02:42 PM
I am so going to protest this shit. After reading about 500 pages of regulations I am going to protest that they are misinterpreting my SIC classification.

change "protest" to "inquire". :toast

CosmicCowboy
03-11-2010, 02:49 PM
Oh yeah...I'm being all sweetness and light and telling them I'm "confused" and looked through all the applicable regulated SIC's and didn't find mine...

clambake
03-11-2010, 02:53 PM
Oh yeah...I'm being all sweetness and light and telling them I'm "confused" and looked through all the applicable regulated SIC's and didn't find mine...

thats perfect for phase one.

Sportcamper
03-11-2010, 03:54 PM
I don’t get it…SA is making you monitor the rain because you…

1-Own an electrical/ AC company….
2- Have too many cows on your Ponderosa…
3- Got free golf carts from the Obama stimulus program…

mrsmaalox
03-11-2010, 03:58 PM
I don’t get it…SA is making you monitor the rain because you…

1-Own an electrical/ AC company….
2- Have too many cows on your Ponderosa…
3- Got free golf carts from the Obama stimulus program…

But mostly because he's a white male----pretty unlucky thing to be these days ;)

gatoloco
03-11-2010, 04:03 PM
hey you weren't complaining when the government was giving you free golf carts!

MiamiHeat
03-11-2010, 04:03 PM
How else is Obama going to pay for obamacare?

CosmicCowboy
03-11-2010, 04:08 PM
Actually I think they are hassling me because my business is downtown on a major intersection but isn't "pretty".

to21
03-11-2010, 04:10 PM
hey you weren't complaining when the government was giving you free golf carts! church!

Sportcamper
03-11-2010, 04:11 PM
Put some palm trees in…Fresh paint…New service with a smile sign…Sponsor a little league team…Problem solved…

mrsmaalox
03-11-2010, 04:13 PM
Actually I think they are hassling me because my business is downtown on a major intersection but isn't "pretty".

Well then they must be hassling a hell of a lot others too. For polluting the "scenery"? One would think that considering the number of empty, derelict buildings downtown, the sight of a bustling business would be considered beautiful.

CosmicCowboy
03-11-2010, 04:28 PM

Considering I have paid more than a million dollars of taxes so far I really don't consider those golf carts to be "free".

TDMVPDPOY
03-11-2010, 04:53 PM
revenue raising :D

Das Texan
03-11-2010, 05:17 PM
How else is Obama going to pay for obamacare?

Maybe if this was a federal tax. :lol

balli
03-11-2010, 05:34 PM

Actually, he was.

MiamiHeat
03-11-2010, 05:55 PM
Maybe if this was a federal tax. :lol

Find ways to cut spending

One way is to cut off state programs and overall state dependency on federal moneys.

Finding new ways for states to raise $$, means that the federal budget can cancel that expensive state program or project it was getting from .congress/federal budget

EricB
03-11-2010, 06:46 PM
Typical big government.

People who don't know shit about business nor run one, what do they do? Go into government.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-11-2010, 07:00 PM

Bullshit. Whatever happened to common sense? ZERO fucking pollution originates from my property. They are more than welcome to inspect my property and verify that. Why THE FUCK should I have to write a fucking compliance manual, monitor and log the fucking rainfall at my property, PAY for fucking water testing, submit fucking quarterly reports and then PAY THEM ONE HUNDRED FUCKING DOLLARS A YEAR FOR THE PRIVILEGE OF HAVING TO DO ALL THIS BULLSHIT?

Boo-fucking-hoo. Have you ever considered that there is a reason behind this? That perhaps its not about you but about other property owners who are doing the wrong thing? Blame the fuckwits out there who are doing the wrong thing which has led to a need for regulation, not the people trying to correct the problem with water quality.

*reading*

I have to have a fucking rain gauge and keep a fucking log of all rainfall. FUCK!

Wow! You have to read a rain guage! That'll take you all of 2 minutes to read and record, if that. :rolleyes

Actually, since you are a rancher I'm very surprised that you don't do this as a natural part of your day. I thought rainfall would be a major concern for you and you'd want to know everything you can about the amount of rain falling on your property. I'd call that due diligence.

Das Texan
03-11-2010, 08:32 PM
Find ways to cut spending

One way is to cut off state programs and overall state dependency on federal moneys.

Finding new ways for states to raise $$, means that the federal budget can cancel that expensive state program or project it was getting from .congress/federal budget

Show me proof that this is a direct result of the Obama administration doing this and I'll buy it.

Until then I'll just file this under, this isnt about the federal government.

Wild Cobra
03-11-2010, 08:52 PM
He didn't get it for free, it was his tax dollars stimulation the golf cart company. It was a tax write off. He still paid for it.

A whole lot more fair than earned income credit. Can someone explain to me how those people earn it? Same with the $400 credit for "making work pay."

Wild Cobra
03-11-2010, 08:54 PM
Put some palm trees in…Fresh paint…New service with a smile sign…Sponsor a little league team…Problem solved…
I like that. If you are well off, sponsor a Little League, Soccer team, something, if you don't already. These things are uplifting to the spirit to help out.

Just don't sponsor the Boy Scouts unless you want the lefties to hate you.

Wild Cobra
03-11-2010, 08:55 PM
Typical big government.

People who don't know shit about business nor run one, what do they do? Go into government.
or teach rather than work the field they study.

Wild Cobra
03-11-2010, 08:59 PM
Boo-fucking-hoo. Have you ever considered that there is a reason behind this? That perhaps its not about you but about other property owners who are doing the wrong thing? Blame the fuckwits out there who are doing the wrong thing which has led to a need for regulation, not the people trying to correct the problem with water quality.
So it's right to penalize everyone for what a few do wrong?

Wow! You have to read a rain guage! That'll take you all of 2 minutes to read and record, if that. :rolleyes
It's the principle. Over extended authoritarian government. At least in my view. One more recorded to be scrutinized over.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-11-2010, 09:00 PM
or teach rather than work the field they study.

Why do you have such a chip on your shoulder about education?

Most people who teach either worked directly in their field in the past, or both teach and work at the same time (like me).

It's hilarious to me that you seem to assume that all teachers don't have a clue what they are talking about. :rolleyes

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-11-2010, 09:04 PM
So it's right to penalize everyone for what a few do wrong?

It's the principle. Over extended authoritarian government. At least in my view. One more recorded to be scrutinized over.

Right or wrong, that's the way society and law operates. Most people don't murder others, but we still need to regulate murder. Most regulation arises to stop the 1-5% who do the wrong thing, not to advantage the other 95%. Sad but true.

So, accurate, continuous rainfall records are a bad thing? Come on. The more data we have on natural phenomena, the better our understanding. It sounds like you'd rather we grope around in the dark and make things up as we go.

For someone who is often rational, you have some very strange irrationalities based on your ideology.

Wild Cobra
03-11-2010, 09:11 PM
Why do you have such a chip on your shoulder about education?

Most people who teach either worked directly in their field in the past, or both teach and work at the same time (like me).

It's hilarious to me that you seem to assume that all teachers don't have a clue what they are talking about. :rolleyes
I see I hit a sore spot. I didn't mean it to be directed at you either.

It's me. I have a sore spot for academia.

I didn't mean that as for everyone who teaches. I don't know how it is where you live. It is prominent where I live however that teachers don't know their topics. Get to the university level, and it becomes a haven for ineptness and political agenda. Many get these jobs because they are accredited really well, but cannot do the actual work. They can recite knowledge, but apply it poorly. Others simply stay in a safe job, and get lazy once they get tenure. Don't tell me you don't see that yourself.

The saying that "those who can do, and those who cannot, teach," didn't come about for no reason.

As for the agendas, where I live, University of Oregon, Oregon State University, Lewis and Clark College, Portland State University... All leftist driven agenda universities.

Wild Cobra
03-11-2010, 09:16 PM
Right or wrong, that's the way society and law operates. Most people don't murder others, but we still need to regulate murder. Most regulation arises to stop the 1-5% who do the wrong thing, not to advantage the other 95%. Sad but true.
Laws saying it's wrong to kill don't cost individuals time or money.

So, accurate, continuous rainfall records are a bad thing? Come on. The more data we have on natural phenomena, the better our understanding. It sounds like you'd rather we grope around in the dark and make things up as we go.
If it's important to you, then hire a workforce to do it.

For someone who is often rational, you have some very strange irrationalities based on your ideology.

I am anti-authoritarian, and conservative. I call myself a conservative libertarian, but there are those who disagree with me being a libertarian.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-11-2010, 09:28 PM
I see I hit a sore spot. I didn't mean it to be directed at you either.

It's me. I have a sore spot for academia.

I didn't mean that as for everyone who teaches. I don't know how it is where you live. It is prominent where I live however that teachers don't know their topics. Get to the university level, and it becomes a haven for ineptness and political agenda. Many get these jobs because they are accredited really well, but cannot do the actual work. They can recite knowledge, but apply it poorly. Others simply stay in a safe job, and get lazy once they get tenure. Don't tell me you don't see that yourself.

The saying that "those who can do, and those who cannot, teach," didn't come about for no reason.

As for the agendas, where I live, University of Oregon, Oregon State University, Lewis and Clark College, Portland State University... All leftist driven agenda universities.

Actually, it's really different where I am from. The guys who taught me during my Masters course all had extensive experience in their fields and knew them inside out - a big part of what they taught was how to apply the knowledge in the real world. Also, I teach in what you'd call "community college" and the workplace training sector, and I find the teachers there to mostly be ex-industry professionals who are overworked and underpaid but do the job because they believe in it.

Might I suggest that you've had a bad experience of education in the past, and that your political ideology is partly blinding you to the fact that there are a lot of good teachers out there. Like every profession, there are poor teachers, but I think they are vastly outweighed by the good one.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-11-2010, 09:33 PM
Laws saying it's wrong to kill don't cost individuals time or money.

That was just an example - the point is, most regulation, much of which inconveniences or disadvantages people who do the right thing, is implemented because of people who do the wrong thing. That is one of the downsides to the social contract.

I am anti-authoritarian, and conservative. I call myself a conservative libertarian, but there are those who disagree with me being a libertarian.

And I'm suggesting that you should try to separate your political ideology from rational discourse. There is no place for politics in discussions of fact or truth.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-11-2010, 09:51 PM
BTW, WC, have a read of this:

http://www.monbiot.com/archives/2010/03/08/the-unpersuadables/

It describes the way in which ideology can obscure evidence, according to psychological studies. Oh, and I'm not trying to pick a fight with you at all, just pointing this stuff out.

Wild Cobra
03-11-2010, 10:49 PM
BTW, WC, have a read of this:

http://www.monbiot.com/archives/2010/03/08/the-unpersuadables/

It describes the way in which ideology can obscure evidence, according to psychological studies. Oh, and I'm not trying to pick a fight with you at all, just pointing this stuff out.
Good article. I replied here (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4153549#post4153549) rather than throwing this thread off more than I already have.

Wild Cobra
03-11-2010, 11:01 PM
Considering I have paid more than a million dollars of taxes so far I really don't consider those golf carts to be "free".
You are so right.

From another thread, did I understand correctly that you think they are improperly applying the fees? Hopefully you can get it all back. I would be cautions not to piss off any officials in the process unless it's necessary. I have seen instances where government officials have a way of retaliating if they want, and have seen them bankrupt businesses.

marini martini
03-11-2010, 11:21 PM
I guess it's back to being number 2.

:lmao

Must suck owning property

:lmao

CosmicCowboy
03-12-2010, 10:27 AM

Actually, since you are a rancher I'm very surprised that you don't do this as a natural part of your day. I thought rainfall would be a major concern for you and you'd want to know everything you can about the amount of rain falling on your property. I'd call that due diligence.

You are such a knee jerk liberal turd. My point was they can inspect my property and see that it is clearly not a source for storm water pollution. Having one size fits all regulations and requiring new fees/paperwork burdens from non-polluting property owners is not right. I don't care how you try to justify it.

As for the rain gauge and being a rancher the property in question is commercial property located in downtown San Antonio. I could care less about monitoring rainfall there. Yes, I farm/ranch in a different location and yes, I have a rain gauge there. I never considered it "due diligence"...I just considered it to be common sense which you clearly lack.

balli
03-12-2010, 10:43 AM
What a selfish, entitled, fuckhead.

EmptyMan
03-12-2010, 10:48 AM
I bust 8' florescent bulbs in the dumpster all the time.

GGGGG-Unit

spurster
03-12-2010, 12:24 PM
Perhaps one reason an inspector can't state that you are non-polluting is that it opens the door to corruption. If everyone who meets certain conditions (apparently, owns a parking lot bigger than X or some such) has be cleared, then there is less opportunity for bribery, discrimination, retaliation, etc. It's part of RROS's theme where a small percentage of bad actors creates costs for the good guys.

TheMime
03-12-2010, 12:40 PM

Chomag
03-12-2010, 04:16 PM

:lol God! I feel bad about laughing at this though! Gotta admit it is pretty funny though.

I'm so going to hell...

Sisk
03-12-2010, 05:15 PM
fuck