PDA

View Full Version : Be careful who you shush at the movie theater

Fabbs
03-11-2010, 11:24 AM
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local-beat/Moviegoer-Tells-Woman-to-Stop-Talking-On-Cell-Phone-Gets-Stabbed-in-the-Neck-87144462.html

Moviegoer Tells Woman to Stop Talking On Cell Phone, Gets Stabbed in the Neck
The stabbing occurred last Saturday at the Cinemark 22
By SCOTT WEBER
Updated 4:11 PM PST, Wed, Mar 10, 2010

A woman talking on a cell phone during a movie didn't take kindly to being "shushed" by another moviegoer. Or at least her boyfriend didn't.

In a drama that turned more lively than the one on screen -- "Shutter Island" -- the boyfriend allegedly attacked and stabbed the "shusher" in the neck with a meat thermometer. Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore said the stabbing occured Saturday during a screening of the Martin Scorsese film.

According to KTLA:

Deputies say that while the movie was playing, a woman was talking on her phone and the victim asked her to turn it off.
The victim was attacked by the woman's boyfriend and another man. Deputies say he was stabbed in the neck with a meat thermometer.

The stabbing victim is expected to survive and is recovering at a hospital. Two others who tried to help the victim also were injured, according to Whitmore.

According to sheriff's officials, the suspects were described as black males. One man was wearing an orange hat with an orange jersey and the other man was dressed in a black hooded sweatshirt.

There was no word on why the man had a meat thermometer in a movie theater.

Dex
03-11-2010, 11:34 AM
WTF did they have a meat thermometer at a movie?

That's gangsta.

Stringer_Bell
03-11-2010, 11:54 AM
There was no word on why the man had a meat thermometer in a movie theater.

I'd have every deli and grocery store in the area checked for missing equipment...if this dude had it on him at the movies, it's most likely something he took from work. You'd be surprised what gets smuggled into theaters.

I wonder what he told her before he stabbed her, "hey bitch, imma take yo tempreture cuz you havin' a hot flash" *STAB* that's some Scream 2 shit right there! :wow

Cane
03-11-2010, 12:03 PM
Holy shit. Definitely a better idea to complain to management about that than risk a fucking meat thermometer in your neck. I suppose meat thermometers are this generation's ice pick.

Drachen
03-11-2010, 12:08 PM
damn, the best thing I have ever smuggled in a movie theater was a 1.75 L bottle of Jack. Thank you big pants and big shirts. Also, a friend and I stayed for 3 different movies. Come to think of it, that day was way better than bringing a meat thermometer.

leemajors
03-11-2010, 12:09 PM
i had to throw a guy out of the Drafthouse Village in Austin for punching an old lady in the face. She shushed him when he was drunkenly passed out and snoring.

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-11-2010, 12:11 PM
Sadly violence in movie theaters is increasing in frequency. It's gone from being rare to medium rare.

Stringer_Bell
03-11-2010, 12:12 PM
Also, a friend and I stayed for 3 different movies

Did you take a list of show times with you and hide in the bathroom (faking like you were taking a dump) in the meantime or just go from screening room to screening room?

CubanSucks
03-11-2010, 12:27 PM
Sadly violence is movie theaters is increasing in frequency. It's gone from being rare to medium rare.

That joke just went from medium well to WELL DONE! Oh shit! :lmao

Drachen
03-11-2010, 12:31 PM
Did you take a list of show times with you and hide in the bathroom (faking like you were taking a dump) in the meantime or just go from screening room to screening room?

At the alamo quarry, they only took your ticket when you got to the top of the escalator. So we bought a ticket to a movie, went up there, gave the guy our ticket, watched movie 1. Then just hung out upstairs walked around the theaters until we came across a movie that we wanted to see, that started soon. Unfortunately, our taste got worse as the bottle got emptied. The first movie was Frailty, which I thought was pretty good. Then we got into the Scorpion King, after which we went and watched Jason X (I passed out about 20 minutes in). It was a pretty good "guy day" though. You know, a good movie, and a few stupid guy movies and liquor.

angel_luv
03-11-2010, 12:41 PM
Sadly violence is movie theaters is increasing in frequency. It's gone from being rare to medium rare.

:lol
You are so funny!

4>0rings
03-11-2010, 01:00 PM
Wheres epic beard man when you need him.

mookie2001
03-11-2010, 01:57 PM
Please

If you had to bet whether that guy owned an eminem cd or not

What would you bet, honestly?

symple19
03-11-2010, 02:43 PM
That's gangsta.

The Gemini Method
03-11-2010, 02:46 PM
Seriously though, both sides have an interesting tale to share with homies/friends later down the line.

stabber: "Yo son, I straight stuck this nigga's neck with my auntie's meat thermometer. It was real easy, yo.

stabbee: " Damn, i'm bleeding...what happened? Oh man, I got a meat thermometer sticking outta my fuckin' neck!!!

florige
03-11-2010, 02:47 PM
I'd have every deli and grocery store in the area checked for missing equipment...if this dude had it on him at the movies, it's most likely something he took from work. You'd be surprised what gets smuggled into theaters.

I wonder what he told her before he stabbed her, "hey bitch, imma take yo tempreture cuz you havin' a hot flash" *STAB* that's some Scream 2 shit right there! :wow

What you mean smuggled into theaters? Its not like the ushers pat people down. :lol

rr2418
03-11-2010, 03:00 PM
Want to bet this dude has a gold tooth and baggy pants, you know the kind that looks like they crapped in them. :lol

BRHornet45
03-11-2010, 03:29 PM
sons these black folk are out of control in movie theaters.

MiamiHeat
03-11-2010, 03:29 PM
I have always thought it was rude to "SHHHH" strangers in a movie theater
It would piss me off but I am not a violent person.

BRHornet45
03-11-2010, 03:31 PM
I have always thought it was rude to "SHHHH" people

It would piss me off but I am not a violent person.

son a movie theater isn't a phone booth. if you want to be ghetto and talk on your phone, leave the theater. son people who talk on their phones during movies deserve to have dildos thrown at them until they decide to stop being childish and hang up.

MiamiHeat
03-11-2010, 03:34 PM
Doesn't mean just cell phone talking, it could also be talking to the people sitting next to you, etc

Still rude to just up and SHHH strangers. it's disrespectful and I can see why they would get angry.

Gotta go with the "excuse me" approach

BRHornet45
03-11-2010, 03:36 PM
Doesn't mean just cell phone talking, it could also be talking to the people sitting next to you, etc

Still rude to just up and SHHH strangers. it's disrespectful

well its disrespectful to be talking and being loud in a theater full of other people who paid for a ticket just like you did. if you want to talk, go the fuck outside.

MiamiHeat
03-11-2010, 03:39 PM
well its disrespectful to be talking and being loud in a theater full of other people who paid for a ticket just like you did. if you want to talk, go the fuck outside.

Yeah, not supposed to be talking, but doesn't give the right to people to immediately be aggressive and go SHHHHH! and disrespect people.

Some people get angry when they get disrespected, and end up stabbing people with meat thermometers.

Go with the "excuse me" approach.

redzero
03-11-2010, 03:43 PM
Just the other day, I was thinking about shanking a fool with a meat thermometer. What a coincidence.

MiamiHeat
03-11-2010, 03:43 PM
Our culture needs to be reminded on how to be civil with each other.

If someone makes a mistake, you kindly help them correct it.

MiamiHeat
03-11-2010, 03:47 PM
Also, it depends on the kind of SHHH!!! we are talking about here

was it a soft, motherly "shh"

or was it a SHUT THE FUCK UP "SHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

Pero
03-11-2010, 04:25 PM
Yeah, not supposed to be talking, but doesn't give the right to people to immediately be aggressive and go SHHHHH! and disrespect people.

Talking in the theater during the movie IS disrespecting all the people in the theater.

Some people get angry when they get disrespected, and end up stabbing people with meat thermometers.

Well then I guess the stabber was lucky his GF didn't receive multiple stabs from other viewers.

Go with the "excuse me" approach.

I agree with this though.

TDMVPDPOY
03-11-2010, 04:27 PM
hope the dumbshit enjoys anal sex in prison, all that over a ho on a cellphone who cant keep her mouth shut in a cinema?

MiamiHeat
03-11-2010, 04:32 PM
Talking in the theater during the movie IS disrespecting all the people in the theater.

They made a mistake.

When someone makes a mistake, you don't immediately confront them with rudeness or aggressive behavior.

You kindly help them correct it.

Cane
03-11-2010, 04:34 PM
http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/mba/lowres/mban1809l.jpg

Pero
03-11-2010, 04:36 PM
They made a mistake.

When someone makes a mistake, you don't immediately confront them with rudeness or aggressive behavior.

Why wouldn't the stabber also apply this logic? :lol

MiamiHeat
03-11-2010, 04:46 PM
Why

Why didn't the shusher also apply this logic? :lol

Pero
03-11-2010, 04:58 PM

Well you know, he made a mistake. :p:

MiamiHeat
03-11-2010, 05:03 PM
Well you know, he made a mistake. :p:

and that's why you should treat strangers with kindness when they make a mistake.

His stay in the hospital will teach him not to disrespect strangers

The Reckoning
03-11-2010, 05:06 PM
i actually have a scar on my stomach where my brother stabbed me with a meat thermometer. that shit hurts.

in2deep
03-11-2010, 05:10 PM
that's why you don't go to the movie theatre in da getto

Pero
03-11-2010, 05:11 PM
and that's why you should treat strangers with kindness when they make a mistake.

His stay in the hospital will teach him not to disrespect strangers

That or that next time someone is disrespectful at the theater he should stab him/her first and ask him/her to be quiet later.

u2sarajevo
03-11-2010, 05:17 PM

His stay in the hospital will teach him not to disrespect strangersThis kind of logic you are displaying reminds me of the mindset in the movie Idiocracy.

EmptyMan
03-11-2010, 05:18 PM
Shhhher should have known better than to piss off someone with your back turned to them in a dark room.

4>0rings
03-11-2010, 05:23 PM
They made a mistake.

There is no reasoning with idiots that stab people with meat thermometers in the neck.... fucks sake.

Shhhh isn't agressive. STFU! is agressive. Basically if you are confronting someone in a public situation over behavior they will take it as aggressive. They should of told a manager but I can understand them shushing cause I've done it before.

MiamiHeat
03-11-2010, 05:24 PM
This kind of logic you are displaying reminds me of the mindset in the movie Idiocracy.

Oh look, you saw a movie with an old ideology, read some internet postings that you clearly don't understand, and now make a connection so you can feel good about yourself, even though you have no idea what you are talking about !!

awesome man good job!!

gatoloco
03-11-2010, 05:24 PM
never shush a group of black people.
you might get away with shushing one.

if you want results,
you gotta act crazy or they are not gonna back down.

you say, "hey assholes, get yo asses out the theater with that talkin on the phone bullshit fo i bussa cap up in this mufuckka!"

they'll leave or hang up the phone, and most likely utter "that's uncalled for" as they do it. :tu

4>0rings
03-11-2010, 05:26 PM
Where is Mouses Shhhh troll?

MiamiHeat
03-11-2010, 05:26 PM
There is no reasoning with idiots that stab people with meat thermometers in the neck.... fucks sake.

Shhhh isn't agressive. STFU! is agressive. Basically if you are confronting someone in a public situation over behavior they will take it as aggressive. They should of told a manager but I can understand them shushing cause I've done it before.

A loud angry SHHHHHH!!! is basically equal = SHUT THE FUCK UP

Don't do that to strangers. Not just because you might meet a crazy maniac who might stab you, but because it's disrespectful.

Be polite. Sometimes people can be absent-minded, or just make a simple mistake. It's uncalled for to be a rude asshole and act in an aggressive manner.

You do that to the wrong person, and they will feel those primal urges of alpha male dominance, and won't like that you basically told them to shut the fuck up.

That's wrong, and you don't do it.

4>0rings
03-11-2010, 05:27 PM

Don't do that to strangers. Not just because you might meet a crazy maniac who might stab you, but because it's disrespectful.

Be polite.Who said it was a loud angry SHHHHHHH? It could of been an old lady shhhhhh.

http://www.the-reel-mccoy.com/movies/1999/images/austin_sh.jpg

Spurminator
03-11-2010, 05:29 PM
Best thing to do is get an usher. It sucks that you have to miss part of the movie but it's better than being annoyed through most of it. The kind of asshole who will talk on his/her phone during a movie isn't going to just say "My bad" and shut up for the rest of the movie. Confronting them directly never accomplishes anything. Get someone from the theater to handle it.

Then find them outside after the movie and cut their throats because those motherfuckers don't deserve to live.

MiamiHeat
03-11-2010, 05:30 PM
Who said it was a loud angry SHHHHHHH? It could of been an old lady shhhhhh.

http://www.the-reel-mccoy.com/movies/1999/images/austin_sh.jpg

An old lady shhh is definitely more tolerable, but still, shushing is for children.

Don't use it on adults...

IronMexican
03-11-2010, 05:32 PM
I agree with MH. "Ey, dog, shut up" is a lot better.

Pero
03-11-2010, 05:32 PM
Then find them outside after the movie and cut their throats because those motherfuckers don't deserve to live.

:tu

MiamiHeat
03-11-2010, 05:33 PM
People in our american culture nowadays have short fuses, they get angry way too fast.

Where is the kindness and patience? People need to grow the fuck up. Someone made a mistake, no need to belittle them like they are children.

If they ignore you after you tried the kindness approach, then OK.... I can understand if you get aggressive...

The Reckoning
03-11-2010, 05:36 PM
im sure that same person talks on their phone all the time in the movies. theyre adults, they didnt make a "mistake." its a bad habit that the person should have gone to management about. there are certain people who LOVE to piss others off and will repeat annoying peeves all the time so they can get a little attention. its never just a "mistake." things stop becoming mistakes after you reach puberty.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-11-2010, 05:38 PM
What annoys me are jackasses that leave their phone on. Not on silent. When the warning comes on screen I always speak up and say " did everyone read that? If not, turn off your damn phone". Some jackasses are deaf.

MiamiHeat
03-11-2010, 05:42 PM
im sure that same person talks on their phone all the time in the movies. theyre adults, they didnt make a "mistake." its a bad habit that the person should have gone to management about. there are certain people who LOVE to piss others off and will repeat annoying peeves all the time so they can get a little attention. its never just a "mistake." things stop becoming mistakes after you reach puberty.

Yes, everyone does these things on purpose to annoy you. They want to make you angry. They know when you are coming to the theater and do it on purpose. They are out to get you.

http://meltyourfaceoff.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/tin-foil-hat.jpg

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-11-2010, 05:44 PM
I have always thought it was rude to "SHHHH" strangers in a movie theater.

Not nearly as rude as talking on your phone in a movie theater.

xXx
03-11-2010, 05:44 PM
hd bitorrents and microwave popcorn ftw.

keeping meat thermometers out of peoples necks for a couple years now.

MiamiHeat
03-11-2010, 05:45 PM
What annoys me are jackasses that leave their phone on. Not on silent. When the warning comes on screen I always speak up and say " did everyone read that? If not, turn off your damn phone". Some jackasses are deaf.

Oh no!! your poor little ears had to be distracted for 3 seconds during a movie because someone's cell phone went off! mommy i am so angry!!!!!

Sounds like you're the jackass. Seem to get real angry!

Keep it up, one day you won't be surrounded by normal people who ignore your jackass comments, but with a guy hiding a meat thermometer in his pants. :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-11-2010, 05:45 PM
Yes, everyone does these things on purpose to annoy you. They want to make you angry. They know when you are coming to the theater and do it on purpose. They are out to get you.

http://meltyourfaceoff.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/tin-foil-hat.jpg

Not what he said. He said people are attention whores so they do shit to get attention, whether it be from you me or anyone else.

J.T.
03-11-2010, 05:48 PM
9Vf3VzVbrXU

MiamiHeat
03-11-2010, 05:52 PM
Not what he said. He said people are attention whores so they do shit to get attention, whether it be from you me or anyone else.

Damn those attention whores!!! They talk to their family or friends on the phone just so people can notice them! They sometimes are not even talking to anyone at all, but just make believe they are talking to people because it's all about the ATTENTION they are getting!

They enjoy being shushed and intentionally do things to piss people off because they have psychological attention deficits!!

http://www.yardwear.net/blog/content/binary/foilhat.jpg

Kermit
03-11-2010, 05:54 PM
Shit like this is why I avoid the movie theater. Had an experience like this once, but without the bloodshed. During Dark Knight, a vato came in with his teenage wife, 5 year old, 4 year old, 3 year old, 2 year old, and new born. As you can imagine, they made quite the ruckus. But him being a tattooed badass scared the shit out of the crackers in the audience and we suffered through it. Even the usher wouldn't go over there.

DisAsTerBot
03-11-2010, 05:54 PM
yeah there's no "mistake" in talking on your phone in the movie. it's a punkass move just for the sake of being a punkass

Kermit
03-11-2010, 05:55 PM
Damn those attention whores!!! They talk to their family or friends on the phone just so people can notice them! They sometimes are not even talking to anyone at all, but just make believe they are talking to people because it's all about the ATTENTION they are getting!

They enjoy being shushed and intentionally do things to piss people off because they have psychological attention deficits!!

http://www.yardwear.net/blog/content/binary/foilhat.jpg

Who are you trolling again?

MiamiHeat
03-11-2010, 05:59 PM
Shit like this is why I avoid the movie theater. Had an experience like this once, but without the bloodshed. During Dark Knight, a vato came in with his teenage wife, 5 year old, 4 year old, 3 year old, 2 year old, and new born. As you can imagine, they made quite the ruckus. But him being a tattooed badass scared the shit out of the crackers in the audience and we suffered through it. Even the usher wouldn't go over there.

Yup.

This is why you COULD have gone to the guy and his family, and in a kind and polite manner, asked him. He wouldn't have blown a fuse because you are not challenging him or threatening alpha male dominance.

but when you aggressively shush people, you are doing just that.

and that's why punk ass motherfucking cowards who shush people only do it when they think there is no threat. as your situation showed, nobody was shushing there. Big fucking surprise.

So in the end, let's not be hypocrites, and just be kind and polite to each other.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-11-2010, 06:00 PM
9Vf3VzVbrXU

\m/ The 'Don \m/

Pero
03-11-2010, 06:01 PM
So in the end, let's not be hypocrites, and just be polite to each other.

LMAO!! Aren't you being the hypocrite because you're telling us to be polite out of fear?

Blake
03-11-2010, 06:01 PM

Be polite. Sometimes people can be absent-minded, or just make a simple mistake. It's uncalled for to be a rude asshole and act in an aggressive manner.

You do that to the wrong person, and they will feel those primal urges of alpha male dominance, and won't like that you basically told them to shut the fuck up.

That's wrong, and you don't do it.

It's not wrong to shush some idiot that doesnt know the rules of movie going.

It's stupid.......but it's not wrong by any moral standards.

Smart thing would be to get the usher and have him shush him so that he gets stabbed in the neck instead. That's why movie ushers get paid the big bucks.

Kermit
03-11-2010, 06:02 PM
Yup.

This is why you COULD have gone to the guy and his family, and POLITELY asked him. He wouldn't have blown a fuse because you are not challenging him or threatening alpha male dominance.

but when you aggressively shush people, you are doing just that.

and that's why punk ass motherfucking cowards who shush people only do it when they think there is no threat. as your situation showed, nobody was shushing there. Big fucking surprise.

So in the end, let's not be hypocrites, and just be polite to each other.

I could've, but it's pretty obvious that he was looking for some kind of confrontation. Dude kept looking around and staring. Who the fuck brings their 5 small children to that movie? The only way to diffuse the uncomfortable situation would've been for him to leave, and he wasn't going to.

z0sa
03-11-2010, 06:03 PM
I'd have done the same thing. I'm not moving out of my seat to find an usher. I'm telling the mofo to shush. So he stabs me with a fucking meat thermometer. Congrats, good idea for a shank.

Blake
03-11-2010, 06:04 PM
Who are you trolling again?

be careful not to threaten his imagined alpha male dominance.

he might e-stab you with an e-meat thermometer

Kermit
03-11-2010, 06:05 PM
be careful not to threaten his imagined alpha male dominance.

he might e-stab you with an e-meat thermometer

MiamiHeat
03-11-2010, 06:06 PM
It's not wrong to shush some idiot that doesnt know the rules of movie going.

So making mistakes and not knowing the rules of places you go to makes you an idiot worthy of immediate disrespect?

Blake
03-11-2010, 06:06 PM
I could've, but it's pretty obvious that he was looking for some kind of confrontation. Dude kept looking around and staring. Who the fuck brings their 5 small children to that movie? The only way to diffuse the uncomfortable situation would've been for him to leave, and he wasn't going to.

If the usher doesn't shush him, I would go to the manager.

If the manager doesn't shush him, I get my money back and leave......maybe demand free tickets for a future show for my inconvenience.

Kermit
03-11-2010, 06:07 PM
So making mistakes and not knowing the rules of places you go to makes you an idiot worthy of immediate disrespect?

Who doesn't know the rules? They fucking tell you before the movie starts. No talking. Pretty simple.

MiamiHeat
03-11-2010, 06:07 PM

the dude has 5 kids and a wife. Just cause he has tattoos doesn't really mean he is going to blow a gasket if you politely ask him

now, shushing him like an aggressive asshole, yeah, that would have set him off.

MiamiHeat
03-11-2010, 06:09 PM
Who doesn't know the rules? They fucking tell you before the movie starts. No talking. Pretty simple.

Apparently the person talking on the phone wasn't paying attention, right? :)

Why is it so hard for some of you to accept we live in a world where people make mistakes, fuck up, and can be generally absent-minded?

No need to act like babies and get all pissy about it. That shit could get you stabbed and it's disrespectful to begin with

Be polite and kind when helping others and you will get much better results.

Kermit
03-11-2010, 06:09 PM
the dude has 5 kids and a wife. Just cause he has tattoos doesn't really mean he is going to blow a gasket if you politely ask him

now, shushing him like an aggressive asshole, yeah, that would have set him off.

My teacher shushed me in elementary school. What an agressive asshole. Doesn't she know I was talking during her lesson? She needs to show some respect or I'm going to introduce her to my meat thermometer.

MiamiHeat
03-11-2010, 06:10 PM
My teacher shushed me in elementary school. What an agressive asshole. Doesn't she know I was talking during her lesson? She needs to show some respect or I'm going to introduce her to my meat thermometer.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4152829&postcount=47

An old lady shhh is definitely more tolerable, but still, shushing is for children.

Don't use it on adults...

Kermit
03-11-2010, 06:11 PM
Apparently the person talking on the phone wasn't paying attention, right? :)

Why is it so hard for some of you to accept we live in a world where people make mistakes, fuck up, and can be generally absent-minded?

No need to act like babies and get all pissy about it. That shit could get you stabbed and it's disrespectful to begin with

This is the worst troll job I've ever seen.

Spurminator
It's not a "mistake" to talk on your cellphone during a movie. A mistake is sneezing on the person in front of you or kicking their chair while adjusting your legs.

If you're talking on your cellphone during a movie you are making a conscious effort to draw attention to your "I Don't Give a Fuck" attitude. You are not just being inconsiderate, you are provoking. And you deserve to have your right to procreate taken away from you.

Spur-Addict
I wonder if the attacker stopped to read the temperature.

Blake
03-11-2010, 06:13 PM

whoa. you actually took me off of your ignore. Congrats on taking a step closer to being an e-male.

I don't know anyone that doesn't know to shut up during a movie.....

but for the idiots that dont, they clearly mention it on the screen before the movie starts.......

on top of that, any decent prosecutor will tell you that ignorance of the law is no excuse for breaking the law.

If you talk on the phone during a movie that people paid to watch, then yes, you are an idiot worthy of immediate disrespect.

If you are seriously trying to somehow imply that the lady had it coming for SHHHing too loudly, then you are also an idiot worthy of immediate disrespect.

If you are just trolling around, then again, you are an idiot worthy of immediate disrespect.

MiamiHeat
03-11-2010, 06:14 PM
It's not a "mistake" to talk on your cellphone during a movie. A mistake is sneezing on the person in front of you or kicking their chair while adjusting your legs.

If you're talking on your cellphone during a movie you are making a conscious effort to draw attention to your "I Don't Give a Fuck" attitude. You are not just being inconsiderate, you are provoking. And you deserve to have your right to procreate taken away from you.

Have you ever been around women enough to know how they behave, son?

When some women are on the phone, it doesn't fucking matter where they are. They forget the time, 2 hours can pass by, and they don't even notice.

Or, you can just be a little baby and get your panties in a bunch about it instead of being polite.

u2sarajevo
03-11-2010, 06:16 PM

now, shushing him like an aggressive asshole, yeah, that would have set him off.You appear to be approving of the method of teaching the guy a lesson by meat thermometer stabbing his neck. How can that be acceptable ever? At the very least it's a chicken offensive move towards an end that could have been avoided had the woman had respect for the other paying members in the first place.

We all are making assumptions on the shushers (is that even a word?) aggressive or non-aggressive approach to the offender. You could probably say the correct thing would have been to get an usher to handle the matter but he probably figured the way he handled it would allow him more viewing time of the movie. Guess he was wrong because he ended up in the hospital.

But there is no way that type of behavior could be acceptable to anyone that is civil.

Spurminator
03-11-2010, 06:18 PM
I don't know what kind of trash you're used to but the women I'm around most of the time know how to turn the damn phone off.

Those that don't should have their eggs forcibly removed.

I cannot emphasize enough how loathsome these people are.

MiamiHeat
03-11-2010, 06:18 PM
I don't know anyone that doesn't know to shut up during a movie.....

Women are forgetful. My aunt-in-law is absent-minded and suffers from a mild form of mental illness. Otherwise, she is perfectly fine and normal. She talks too loud sometimes when she's on the phone, but she is the sweetest, kindest person you can meet. She is completely giving and has a kind heart.

I'd be pretty upset if some dickhead told her to shut the fuck up instead of acting like a human being and just politely asked her about it.

Grow up, people. Really. It's not OK to be complete morons without manners in our society.

There is no getting around this. I am correct.

Be polite and show CLASS. Someone else fucking up doesn't excuse you to act like an asshole too.

MiamiHeat
03-11-2010, 06:19 PM
You appear to be approving of the method of teaching the guy a lesson by meat thermometer stabbing his neck. How can that be acceptable ever? At the very least it's a chicken offensive move towards an end that could have been avoided had the woman had respect for the other paying members in the first place.

We all are making assumptions on the shushers (is that even a word?) aggressive or non-aggressive approach to the offender. You could probably say the correct thing would have been to get an usher to handle the matter but he probably figured the way he handled it would allow him more viewing time of the movie. Guess he was wrong because he ended up in the hospital.

But there is no way that type of behavior could be acceptable to anyone that is civil.

Yes, that is exactly what I am doing. I am condoning stabbing people in the neck with meat thermometers because they shush you.

MiamiHeat
03-11-2010, 06:20 PM
I don't know what kind of trash you're used to but the women I'm around most of the time know how to turn the damn phone off.

Those that don't should have their eggs forcibly removed.

I cannot emphasize enough how loathsome these people are.

Now human beings are "trash" because they forget to turn their phones off or talk a little into the movie.

:downspin:

Spurminator
03-11-2010, 06:22 PM
Women are forgetful. My aunt-in-law is absent-minded and suffers from a mild form of mental illness. Otherwise, she is perfectly fine and normal. She talks too loud sometimes when she's on the phone, but she is the sweetest, kindest person you can meet. She is completely giving and has a kind heart.

She shouldn't be allowed to have a phone. It's a privilege, not a right. Sorry, Aunt Nell.

MiamiHeat
03-11-2010, 06:23 PM
She shouldn't be allowed to have a phone. It's a privilege, not a right. Sorry, Aunt Nell.

Your poor ears have been disturbed!!!!

http://bkmacdaddy.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/angry.jpg

Spurminator
03-11-2010, 06:24 PM
Now human beings are "trash" because they forget to turn their phones off or talk a little into the movie.

:downspin:

There's a fine line between humans and primates. People who talk on their phones during a movie are the lowest on the food chain. There are many species of animals I'd rather sit in front of.

MiamiHeat
03-11-2010, 06:26 PM
There's a fine line between humans and primates. People who talk on their phones during a movie are the lowest on the food chain. There are many species of animals I'd rather sit in front of.

http://www.theotherjournal.com/article_files/nazi%20eugenics%20poster.jpg

Spurminator
03-11-2010, 06:27 PM
If Hitler had put millions of cellphone talkers into concentration camps he would have been applauded.

Blake
03-11-2010, 06:28 PM

I'd be pretty upset if some dickhead told her to shut the fuck up instead of acting like a human being and just politely asked her about it.

Do you suffer from a mild form of mental illness too or are you really a woman?

How is it that you also forget to tell your aunt-in-law to keep off the phone during the movie?

Grow up, people. Really. It's not OK to be complete morons without manners in our society.

Grow up, dude. Really. It's pretty beta male of you to get upset over a SHHH.

There is no getting around you being a wuss and a beta male

Be polite and show CLASS. Someone else fucking up doesn't excuse you to act like an asshole too.

Someone SHHHing you because you are fucking up shouldn't get you upset unless you are a wuss.

Blake
03-11-2010, 06:30 PM
Your poor ears have been disturbed!!!!

http://bkmacdaddy.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/angry.jpg

Uh oh, you got SHHHed.

your poor beta male ears have been disturbed.

MiamiHeat
03-11-2010, 06:34 PM
How is it that you also forget to tell your aunt-in-law to keep off the phone during the movie?
Who said I would be there? Let's say she was there and I was not. Same principle, don't try to play with words and act stupid. It's just annoying.

And the rest of your responses make -zero- sense.

Just shitty lame troll attempts and insults. That's why I ignored you in the first place. Your posts are really worthless.

No humor in them, terrible trolling, and if you are serious, you are one stupid motherfucker.

resistanze
03-11-2010, 06:40 PM
I was watching Shutter Island a few weeks back and some middle aged woman and her husband were beside me. Her phone rang TWICE, and the second time she actually picked it up. All you can hear on the other end is some whiny fucking kid yelling "MOMMY!!! WHERE ARE YOU?!!?!"

I wish I had a meat thermometer.

MiamiHeat
03-11-2010, 06:45 PM
If Hitler had put millions of cellphone talkers into concentration camps he would have been applauded.

http://www.qualityinformationpublishers.com/historicalpictures/Nazi%20Concentration%20Camp5.GIF

Blake
03-11-2010, 06:47 PM
Who said I would be there? Let's say she was there and I was not. Same principle, don't try to play with words and act stupid. It's just annoying.

Great, so you aren't there when your mildlly mentally ill aunt gets shushed.

You apparently will still get mad about a deserved SHH and are still a wuss about it.

Same principle.

And the rest of your responses make -zero- sense.

Just shitty lame troll attempts and insults. That's why I ignored you in the first place. Your posts are really worthless.

No humor in them, terrible trolling, and if you are serious, you are one stupid motherfucker.

That's funny.

I agree with Kermit. Worst troll job ever.

Just do yourself a favor and put me back on ignore, beta male.

Pero
03-11-2010, 07:35 PM

Hypocrite.

MiamiHeat
03-11-2010, 07:40 PM
Hypocrite.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/attachments/f96/11330d1243298316-hahaha-its-fun-watch-rapture-freaks-whine-about-monkeys-argument-invalid.jpg

JoeChalupa
03-11-2010, 09:44 PM
It is just common courtesy to durn the damn phone off during a movie.

MiamiHeat
03-11-2010, 10:59 PM
It is just common courtesy to durn the damn phone off during a movie.

Agreed.

and it is also common courtesy to be polite and ask them to turn it off

Johnny RIngo
03-11-2010, 11:34 PM
At the alamo quarry, they only took your ticket when you got to the top of the escalator. So we bought a ticket to a movie, went up there, gave the guy our ticket, watched movie 1. Then just hung out upstairs walked around the theaters until we came across a movie that we wanted to see, that started soon. Unfortunately, our taste got worse as the bottle got emptied. The first movie was Frailty, which I thought was pretty good. Then we got into the Scorpion King, after which we went and watched Jason X (I passed out about 20 minutes in). It was a pretty good "guy day" though. You know, a good movie, and a few stupid guy movies and liquor.

The theater I go to is similar. After you pay the price of admission, you can stay as long as long you as want. If me and my brothers have nothing to do on a weekend, we'll usually leave early and watch all the worthwhile films.

florige
03-12-2010, 08:38 AM

You really do that? lol

to21
03-12-2010, 09:34 AM
Is taking too long to warm up a pizza.....a mistake?

howbouthemspurs
03-15-2010, 12:52 PM
I hope it isnt just me but who here just knew that the attackers were black when you just saw the headline?

MiamiHeat
03-15-2010, 03:25 PM
I hope it isnt just me but who here just knew that the attackers were black when you just saw the headline?

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/1078/1268684377766.jpg