PDA

View Full Version : So much for the small market talk...

Girasuck
03-11-2010, 01:19 PM
http://www.nba.com/jazz/news/031010_jazz_tv_ratings.html?rss=true

Utah Jazz Ranks Second in TV Ratings in the NBA

SALT LAKE CITY (March 10, 2010) – As the Jazz have enjoyed success on the court, the franchise has also enjoyed success with TV ratings. Big wins against Dallas, Portland, Denver and the Los Angeles Clippers has led to some of the highest TV ratings in the NBA.

Utah Jazz television broadcasts on FSN Utah have garnered an average cable HHR of 6.0 in 2010 with a 7.0 since February 1 announced Chris Baum, senior vice president of broadcasting for the Utah Jazz. This ranks the Jazz second in the league among all team regional sports network ratings behind only the Cleveland Cavaliers.

“We are very proud of our broadcast and production teams,” said Baum. “Our highest rated game thus far this season was a 9.9 HHR on February 9 as the Jazz faced the Los Angeles Clippers. This broadcast secured a higher rating than all local television news broadcasts in the Salt Lake market during the same time period.”

Head to head against ESPN on February 21, (Jazz at Portland Trail Blazers), the local broadcast on FSN-Utah secured a 5.1 rating which is more than double ESPN’s 2.4 rating in the Jazz broadcast market. Without a doubt, Utah Jazz fans prefer watching the home team’s broadcast.

This really shocked me.

jazzypimp
03-11-2010, 01:23 PM
Dude... I always watch the national broadcast when possible if I have a choice (which isnt very often).... I like my announcers not sippin the homemade kool-aid...

monosylab1k
So Jazz fans watch Jazz games? shocking.

Fpoonsie
Beating the Clips is considered a "big win"?

Seriously, why the fuck did THAT game get the highest rating?

Double-Up
03-11-2010, 01:24 PM
Ain't shit else to do in Utah...it's either basketball or church 5 times a week.

Girasuck
03-11-2010, 01:25 PM
I think it's funny our highest rated game was against the Clippers.

jazzypimp
03-11-2010, 01:25 PM
Ain't shit else to do in Utah...it's either basketball or church 5 times a week.

Or bangin bitches

jonnybravo
03-11-2010, 01:26 PM
Wait. All that marketing by team Nike for Lebron isn't giving him the ratings?

Where was that dumbfuck again?

ChumpDumper
03-11-2010, 01:26 PM
So Jazz fans watch Jazz games? shocking.This.

It's still a small market; it's just that a higher percentage of people in that small market watch that market's team.

Congratulations, I guess.

jazzypimp
03-11-2010, 01:28 PM
This.

It's still a small market; it's just that a higher percentage of people in that small market watch that market's team.

Congratulations, I guess.

Are tv ratings done by percentages?? I dont think so

Pelicans78
The sad part is the Hornets could own Mississippi and Alabama but people there cannot watch the team without having the Dish Network. Not even everyone outside New Orleans can watch the team. The organization has done a shitty job with the TV contracts and who can watch. I live 3 hours away and get the games on our local cable, but people north of New Orleans can't because their provider won't carry the station that covers the Hornets. Basically, we need like a Fox Sports New Orleans or Gulf South that will show the Hornets in all of Louisiana, most of Mississippi, and the Alabama Gulf Coast because all those regions are die-hard Saints Fans.

redzero
It's not like there's anything else to do in Utah.

Girasuck
03-11-2010, 01:31 PM

1- bangin bitches
2- Jazz games
3- church
4- skiing
5- bangin bitches at church while watching jazz games

Seems like a full day to me.

Pelicans78
03-11-2010, 01:32 PM

I think if the Hornets had a competitive team like two seasons ago and allow everyone who can watch the Saints in Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama to watch the Hornets, I think the popularity would go up. Can't believe the team doesn't invest in those areas like the Saints do, especially with the TV contracts.

Pelicans78
03-11-2010, 01:32 PM
1- bangin bitches
2- Jazz games
3- church
4- skiing

4 out of the 5 seem pretty cool to me.

Girasuck
03-11-2010, 01:33 PM
4 out of the 5 seem pretty cool to me.

Yeah...I'm not much for skiing.

ChumpDumper
03-11-2010, 01:34 PM
Are tv ratings done by percentages?? I dont think soThey measure by total households with TVs and the percentage of TV sets in use tuned to a particular program.

Unless you believe that 10 million people watched the Jazz play the Clippers, they are talking about the latter measurement.

jazzypimp
03-11-2010, 01:35 PM
1- bangin bitches
2- Jazz games
3- church
4- skiing

And most importantly...bangin bitches...

sad part is..more people in utah now how to swim than in new orleans and their underwater city!

Double-Up
03-11-2010, 01:40 PM

sad part is..more people in utah now how to swim than in new orleans and their underwater city!

Low blow you cold blooded fuck...you know black folks don't swim so take that shit back to the Salt Lake.

Ode to Triple Ocho
03-11-2010, 01:40 PM

Or drive up to Brighton and snowboard on some of the best powder in the world.

Double-Up
03-11-2010, 01:42 PM

http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/autopia/images/2007/09/23/mormon.jpg

redzero
03-11-2010, 01:51 PM

A completely submerged New Orleans is more enjoyable to live in than Mormonville, USA.

Pelicans78
03-11-2010, 02:08 PM
Yeah...I'm not much for skiing.

:lol Actually I had church in mind, but thinking about it, I would probably die skiing so I guess 3 out of the 5 is not too bad either.

jazzypimp
03-11-2010, 04:08 PM
Low blow you cold blooded fuck...you know black folks don't swim so take that shit back to the Salt Lake.

Leave the crying to Scola..this is a messageboard... who the fuck cares!