PDA

View Full Version : Stack Smack

Findog
03-11-2010, 01:38 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/14232/thursday-bullets-162

On his SIRIUS XM Mad Dog Radio show “Stack’s House,” Bucks swingman Jerry Stackhouse talks about Richard Jefferson's performance in San Antonio: "I just don’t think he’s as good as everybody talked him up to be, to me. I mean, I think he has some talent, he’s an athlete but a lot of the best basketball we’ve seen from Richard Jefferson came when he played with Jason Kidd, when he was just pretty much spoon-fed at the basket and was able to run out and just be an athlete. When it comes down to a half-court set and just being able to play half-court basketball I don’t think he’s that special of a player, in my opinion. It’s just one of those things where it’s just not a good fit. It wasn’t a great fit for him in Milwaukee when he was here. He had some big games but really nothing special. He wasn’t a guy that really helped them go to another level as far as wins and losses. And I think they’re finding out in San Antonio that he may not be the right fit for what they want to do. If I know [head coach Gregg] Popovich like I know him I could very easily see him not in a San Antonio uniform next year."

Phillip
03-11-2010, 02:08 PM
I've always felt the same way. He's a great athlete with average talent.

z0sa
03-11-2010, 02:10 PM
Averaging 20 a game while playing 82 in Milwaukee kinda makes Stack's comments look uninformed, at best.

Findog
03-11-2010, 02:15 PM
Averaging 20 a game while playing 82 in Milwaukee kinda makes Stack's comments look uninformed, at best.

He's just jacking up shots on a bad team. Somebody has to score the points.

Phillip
03-11-2010, 02:16 PM

and the team sucked ass, as he was the #1 option with a poor FG% and awful assist/turnover ratio. he sucked so bad that they traded him away for pretty much nothing in return. and now his suckassness is hurting the spurs, as they may finish with an 8th seed and less than 50 wins.

Findog
03-11-2010, 02:18 PM
and the team sucked ass, as he was the #1 option with a poor FG% and awful assist/turnover ratio. he sucked so bad that they traded him away for pretty much nothing in return. and now his suckassness is hurting the spurs, as they may finish with an 8th seed and less than 50 wins.

What's funny is that the did set a career high in 3-pt % at 39% last year, when for his career he's always been around 34-35%. I think that's one of the reasons that the Spurs decided to acquire him, because they're always looking for good 3-pt shooters who can space the floor for Duncan. And yet he's regressed back to what he's always been behind the arc. :lol

nkdlunch
03-11-2010, 02:20 PM
how is this smack???

I agree 100% and so does the rest of the world. This is like saying the sky is blue. :rolleyes

Phillip
03-11-2010, 02:20 PM
What's funny is that the did set a career high in 3-pt % at 39% last year, when for his career he's always been around 34-35%. I think that's one of the reasons that the Spurs decided to acquire him, because they're always looking for good 3-pt shooters who can space the floor for Duncan. And yet he's regressed back to what he's always been behind the arc. :lol

ive said it a million times... the spurs were going to miss bowens corner 3. it created so much more floor spacing on offense for them, its ridiculous. but now, jefferson just clogs up space that Parker, Manu, and Timmy need in the middle.

Phillip
03-11-2010, 02:21 PM
how is this smack???

I agree 100% and so does the rest of the world. This is like saying the sky is blue. :rolleyes

except z0sa apparently, but hes a retard

nkdlunch
03-11-2010, 02:21 PM
Pop liked RJ from the days at the olympics. I guess RJ gave good head at the USA olympic concentration

Double-Up
03-11-2010, 02:22 PM
You need to take the fags out your sig Findog.

Muser
03-11-2010, 02:56 PM
Truth.

mavsfan1000
03-11-2010, 03:07 PM
Stackhouse might be right but he is half the player Jefferson is. Talking about a player jacking up bad shots. lol

dirk4mvp
03-11-2010, 03:21 PM
Stackhouse might be right but he is half the player Jefferson is. Talking about a player jacking up bad shots. lol

As an individual player, Stack was always the better player between the two.

JamStone
03-11-2010, 03:25 PM
I think Stack knows what he's talking about because he probably sees a lot of himself in Richard Jefferson. And Richard Jefferson probably sees Stack in him too...

Cane
03-11-2010, 03:26 PM
Stack's basically right but his description of Jefferson more or less fits his as well. Both players had their best numbers on shit teams IIRC.

nkdlunch
03-11-2010, 03:43 PM
I think Stack knows what he's talking about because he probably sees a lot of himself in Richard Jefferson. And Richard Jefferson probably sees Stack in him too...

mmm I give it 2 and 1/2 stars

z0sa
03-11-2010, 03:51 PM
He's just jacking up shots on a bad team. Somebody has to score the points.

20ppg, 82 games does anywhere closely resemble "nothing really special." He also enjoyed a career high 3FG% and a career low MPG.

I agree it was a bad team and he's not anywhere close to a #1 option, but it's stupid to make vague generalizations then back em up with some ungrounded "opinions".

Phillip
03-11-2010, 04:01 PM
20ppg, 82 games does anywhere closely resemble "nothing really special." He also enjoyed a career high 3FG% and a career low MPG.

I agree it was a bad team and he's not anywhere close to a #1 option, but it's stupid to make vague generalizations then back em up with some ungrounded "opinions".

lol butthurt spurfan

JamStone
03-11-2010, 04:08 PM
mmm I give it 2 and 1/2 stars

Lol fair.

The first sentence was actually intended as a serious comment. Then I read what it sounded like and added the second sentence.

greensborohill
03-11-2010, 04:09 PM
kelly tripucka averaged 20 PPG before. . . . . kelly tripucka

Findog
03-11-2010, 04:09 PM

Well he was arguably the best player on a shit team, so I think that's what Stack meant by "nothing really special." Putting up #s on a bad team doesn't really mean much in the grand scheme of things. Some of the time guys like Pau Gasol go on to a better team and show that they are indeed gifted players who contribute to winning, and other times guys go on to better situations like Jefferson did and expose themselves as nothing special. And I agree with whoever said that the same kind of criticism directed at Jefferson could be lobbed right back at Stack.

Findog
03-11-2010, 04:10 PM
kelly tripucka averaged 20 PPG before. . . . . kelly tripucka

In his Detroit days, he was a good player. Dantley was better of course.

Findog
03-11-2010, 04:14 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/lcp/quefuede/myfiles/kelly-utah.jpg

Mel_13
03-11-2010, 04:49 PM
Difficult to dispute what Stack said, but is it really smack?

If he had said this last summer, when nearly the whole basketball world applauded the RJ trade as a great move, that would have been something. Now he's just another voice in the chorus.

resistanze
03-11-2010, 05:00 PM
Mike James averaged 20 PPG on the Raptors back in 2006, shooting 47% from the field and 44% from 3PT. Before that season he had never shot over 40% from three before. So yes, that leads me to believe Dick was jacking up shots on a bad team in Milwaukee.

Warlord23
03-11-2010, 05:48 PM
The difference is expectations. The Bucks were sure of being lottery-bound from very early on, and Jefferson had no pressure to salvage their season. Here, he was looked upon as a key piece for another deep playoff run and he just couldn't handle that kind of pressure. If the Spurs had lost 2 of their big 3 to injury and were in the 10th spot in the West, I can almost guarantee that Jefferson would have been scoring 20 PPG in a losing cause.

Phillip
03-11-2010, 05:49 PM
The difference is expectations. The Bucks were sure of being lottery-bound from very early on, and Jefferson had no pressure to salvage their season. Here, he was looked upon as a key piece for another deep playoff run and he just couldn't handle that kind of pressure. If the Spurs had lost 2 of their big 3 to injury and were in the 10th spot in the West, I can almost guarantee that Jefferson would have been scoring 20 PPG in a losing cause.

lol rapelisburger

EmptyMan
03-11-2010, 06:20 PM
I came into this thread raging...I leave depressed.

mavsfan1000
03-11-2010, 07:08 PM
As an individual player, Stack was always the better player between the two.
lol Stackhouse's career FG% is 41% and 3 pt % is 31%
Richard Jefferson's career FG% is 47% and 3 pt % is 35% I'll take Jefferson over Brickhouse anyday.

dirk4mvp
03-11-2010, 07:09 PM
I am a Bulls fan.

mavsfan1000
03-11-2010, 07:12 PM
All you are good is talking smack. When it comes to actual basketball knowledge you have none. Jefferson isn't that great but Stackhouse is a black hole.

dirk4mvp
03-11-2010, 07:15 PM
All you are good is talking smack. When it comes to actual basketball knowledge you have none. Jefferson isn't that great but Stackhouse is a black hole.

Coming from the dumbshit who still criticizes the Kidd trade to this day, your post doesn't mean a whole lot.

mavsfan1000
03-11-2010, 07:17 PM
Coming from the dumbshit who still criticizes the Kidd trade to this day, your post doesn't mean a whole lot.
Well Kidd didn't do shit for us for awhile. Glad he is revived but there was no doubt now he was tanking to force Cuban to do something. And Harris is probably doing the same thing this year. Once Harris gets on a good team, he'll be a great player again.

redzero
03-11-2010, 07:18 PM
how is this smack???

Pretty much. Stackhouse was just telling it like it was, and it's not like Spurs fans still believe Jefferson will do anything for the team.

Muser
03-11-2010, 07:20 PM
Pretty much. Stackhouse was just telling it like it was, and it's not like Spurs fans still believe Jefferson will do anything for the team.

His expiring could, but the guy fucking sucks.

dirk4mvp
03-11-2010, 07:21 PM
Well Kidd didn't do shit for us for awhile. Glad he is revived but there was no doubt now he was tanking to force Cuban to do something. And Harris is probably doing the same thing this year. Once Harris gets on a good team, he'll be a great player again.

You still talked down about Kidd when he went and put up a stat line that only he has had in the last 20 years. Don't act like you stopped when he started beasting.

And when was Devin Harris a great player to begin with?

redzero
03-11-2010, 07:22 PM
Mike James averaged 20 PPG on the Raptors back in 2006, shooting 47% from the field and 44% from 3PT. Before that season he had never shot over 40% from three before. So yes, that leads me to believe Dick was jacking up shots on a bad team in Milwaukee.

Since Mike James also played for the Hornets, I can attest for this.

mavsfan1000
03-11-2010, 07:40 PM
You still talked down about Kidd when he went and put up a stat line that only he has had in the last 20 years. Don't act like you stopped when he started beasting.

And when was Devin Harris a great player to begin with?
Um last year and he was doing a lot and with us the year before that. Did better than Kidd that year as this team almost missed the playoffs with Kidd. We needed that scorer and big man. We got it in Butler and Haywood. They were the needed replacements for Harris and Diop. Also Kidd is shooting much better than when he first came here.

Rogue
03-11-2010, 11:47 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/lcp/quefuede/myfiles/kelly-utah.jpg

http://images.starpulse.com/pictures/2009/11/10/thumbs130/Woody%20Harrelson-JTM-047680.jpg

mogrovejo
03-12-2010, 12:08 AM
I'm still stunned by Stackhouse's comeback with the Bucks. The guy was finished 2 years ago. He's playing like it's 2002. Who saw this coming? Pretty amazing.

Difficult to dispute what Stack said, but is it really smack?

If he had said this last summer, when nearly the whole basketball world applauded the RJ trade as a great move, that would have been something. Now he's just another voice in the chorus.

:nope

Jefferson started declining 4 years ago. Became a chucker, fell in love with his offensive game. Developed tunnel vision. Used to be a pretty good defender and rebounder who didn't need the ball to put up some points on the offence.

timtonymanu
03-12-2010, 07:19 PM
http://images.starpulse.com/pictures/2009/11/10/thumbs130/Woody%20Harrelson-JTM-047680.jpg

no it's more like this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/coventry/content/images/2004/08/26/lead_dodgeball_203_203x152.jpg