PDA

View Full Version : Luis Scola giving Houstonfans Reason to Forget Carl Landry

Indazone
03-11-2010, 02:12 PM
Houston Rockets: Luis Scola Giving Fans Reasons To Forget Carl Landry
by Jeff Shull

With recent dominating performances from Luis Scola, he has fans quickly forgetting about having to give up Carl Landry for Kevin Martin.

Scola is reminding everyone why he was the starter, and Landry was the 6th man. Many thought it should be the other way around, but that clearly is not the case.

Scola's numbers have not been anywhere near as good as one thought they would be after Yao Ming got hurt, but that is because he has just been accepting his new role which didn't require him to the be No. 1 option.

With Aaron Brooks and Trevor Ariza emerging as huge scoring threats, the need for Scola to be dominant just hasn't been there. He has been his usual self defensively and scrappy-wise, but until now he hasn't been called upon for points.

The reason Landry was looking so good is because he would get the bulk of his points with the second unit and then coach Rick Adelman would leave him in with the starters in the fourth quarter because he knew how effective Landry is because he always had energy at that point.

Landry will most certainly be missed and he is a great player, but Luis Scola is proving he can be just as every bit as good as Landry and more.

Now that Landry is gone and Ariza had been hurt, Scola felt compelled to remind people of that.

He even did so again when Ariza came back last night.

His most recent performance was against the Wizards yesterday, when he posted 23 points and 10 rebounds in a 96-88 win on the road.

I forgot how awesome it was to watch Scola work in the paint until I had the privilege to go to the game against the Kings last Wednesday. That game was unreal as the Rockets lost despite the Kings shooting 32 for 100. That is another tale for a different day (24 offensive rebounds...what the heck?!?).

Scola is so creative down low with his spin moves and fakes, it's like watching a ballet on the basketball court.

Despite being a bit undersized at 6'9'' (listed at 6'10'', but I'm skeptical), he uses every move in his arsenal to get the defender away from him and score inside.

Kevin Martin seems to be hitting a groove after his awful debut with the Rockets, as he scored 21 points in the victory. The Rockets move back over .500 and could look to steal the last playoff spot from San Antonio who just lost Tony Parker for basically the rest of the season.

The Rockets will need to get momentum and improve at playing consistently better; they have alternated wins and losses in their last seven games.

The Western Conference is about as tough as it has been the last few years, maybe more so, and the Rockets can ill afford to play .500 ball the rest of the way.

Jordan Hill seems to be getting more and more playing time, and knotted 11 points with eight rebounds. His role could play a huge part in a playoff push, as the Rockets are looking for any one of the front court players to step up.

Jared Jeffries started out hot when he was traded from the Knicks, but has cooled off and is getting less playing time in lieu of Hill.

Hopefully the Rockets can build some momentum and be that final team in the West. I can dream.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/360581-houston-rockets-luis-scola-giving-fans-reasons-to-forget-carl-landry

Kai
03-11-2010, 03:06 PM
He's been beasting lately.

Last 4 games:
points & rebounds
19 -18
25 -21
20 -15
23 -10

djohn2oo8
03-11-2010, 03:14 PM
This is a dumb article. Scola is a nice player, but we won't forget Carl. On the bright side, Jordan Hill lookin like a solid player

noob cake
03-11-2010, 03:14 PM
He is not athletic enough, probably can't rebound in the NBA

SenorSpur
03-11-2010, 03:33 PM
Somewhere I hope Pop is reading this and throwing up in his mouth - all over again.

Indazone
03-11-2010, 05:42 PM
Without Landry, Scola does not have to share minutes at the PF position. He's a 20-10 player without Landry.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-11-2010, 06:43 PM
But but but he cannot play NBA because 14 point 6 rebound Euroleague player equal 3 point and 2 rebound in mighty and invincible NBA. Probably same scouting knowledge the Spurs scouts have as guys like Mogrovejo, Endrity, Mountainballer, Bruno in these forums here.

mogrovejo
03-11-2010, 07:48 PM
Shut up KBP, I was a fan of Scola before you were able to spell Buenos Aires.

Who do you have between Vesely and Motiejunas as a NBA prospect?

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-11-2010, 08:50 PM
Shut up KBP, I was a fan of Scola before you were able to spell Buenos Aires.

Who do you have between Vesely and Motiejunas as a NBA prospect?

What do you care? You know nothing about any European players. You just like to make up things.

mystargtr34
03-11-2010, 09:28 PM
Scola just putting up some empty stats on a shitty team like he's supposed to.

noob cake
03-11-2010, 10:08 PM

Besides he wouldn't put up 1/3 his stat now playing along side Duncan

Indazone
03-11-2010, 10:24 PM
Besides he wouldn't put up 1/3 his stat now playing along side Duncan

You mean like how Duncan couldn't put up stats playing alongside Robinson?

Hemotivo
03-11-2010, 10:29 PM
:lol

duhoh
03-12-2010, 01:12 AM

how about nearly posting a quadruple double next to robinson?

try again.

ffadicted
03-12-2010, 01:24 AM

Is serious post serious? It can't be, there's just no way someone is this retarded

djohn2oo8
03-12-2010, 08:38 AM

Shitty teams lose to a LeBronless team

Pero
03-12-2010, 08:45 AM
Wow that post is as sarcastic as it gets, I can't believe you guys thought he meant it.

TDMVPDPOY
03-12-2010, 11:04 AM
i see no reason why scola cant play center when theres only a few teams with legit centers, while the rest of the league is filled with scrubs playing center position

Kai
03-12-2010, 11:15 AM
how about nearly posting a quadruple double next to robinson?

try again.

Is serious post serious? It can't be, there's just no way someone is this retarded

Wow, hit a sensitive spot did he? his post was about as sacastic you can get without screaming "I'M BEING SARCASTIC"

noob cake
03-13-2010, 10:09 PM
Scola about to drop a new career high on the Nets

mogrovejo
03-13-2010, 10:43 PM
40 points, 18-23 from the floor.

baseline bum
03-13-2010, 10:47 PM
Wow, thanks Dennis Lindsey. :pctoss

djohn2oo8
03-13-2010, 10:51 PM
44 points now

Rogue
03-13-2010, 11:01 PM
44 points now
remind me of what the Rockets side lost in the Scola trade, brah?

djohn2oo8
03-13-2010, 11:04 PM

San Antonio Spurs have acquired guard Vassilis Spanoulis from the Houston Rockets in exchange for center Jackie Butler and the draft rights to Luis Scola.

sook
03-13-2010, 11:04 PM
paperwork in signing him

djohn2oo8
03-13-2010, 11:13 PM
So, I'm guessing that the Landry trade is only gonna look better in time? It looks good tonight

Rogue
03-13-2010, 11:23 PM
So, I'm guessing that the Landry trade is only gonna look better in time? It looks good tonight
double edged sword IMHO. Scola now has more time to play or in other words he has to play more time now that Landry is gone, hence the risk of injury also has to increase a lot with his minutes pumping up.

Rogue
03-13-2010, 11:25 PM
dude has attended every game this season and I cannot remember one game he has ever missed due to injury since he first joined NBA.