PDA

View Full Version : Ticket 760, 724?

03-11-2010, 03:43 PM
Ok they've been playin the damn 724 promo over and over and over again, just curious if anyone wants to take a guess at what the annoucement at 7:24am tomorrow is going to be.

mookie2001
03-11-2010, 03:46 PM
They're going to fm

Trainwreck2100
03-11-2010, 03:51 PM
new morning show

03-11-2010, 04:11 PM
I got my fingers crossed that they either bring back Peter Burns, or they cancell the morning drive and just play the whole Steven A Smith show and D. P show.

03-11-2010, 04:56 PM
or they cancell the morning drive and just play the whole Steven A Smith

So, how long were you in the coma after the traumatic brain injury?

03-11-2010, 05:06 PM
lol, I actually didnt like him when he was on ESPN but since 760 picked up his morning show he has grown on me. Have you listened to his show?

to21
03-11-2010, 06:19 PM
If I was Burns I'd be too damn busy nailing Kim Fischer to do a radio show.

EricB
03-11-2010, 06:41 PM
Stephen A Smith replacing Czaban is still by far one of the biggest dumbfuck moves in radio history.

03-11-2010, 08:21 PM
lol, I actually didnt like him when he was on ESPN but since 760 picked up his morning show he has grown on me. Have you listened to his show?

Yea, I tried. But after waiting through two segments for him to make something that vaguely resembled a fucking point, I just gave up. And why ask those gals a question if all you're going to say is "Here's why you're wrong!"?

Stephen A Smith replacing Czaban is still by far one of the biggest dumbfuck moves in radio history.

A
Fucking
Men

mookie2001
03-11-2010, 08:23 PM
Steven A. is the worst of the worst but Steve czaban isn't much better unless you like pompous yankee fan yankees

mouse
03-11-2010, 11:35 PM
http://www.clown-ministry.com/images/bozo-the-clown-adult-costume.jpghttp://mymail.vcu.edu/images/Google%20Talk.png

Tpark da Clown
03-11-2010, 11:49 PM
your getting warmer.

EricB
03-12-2010, 01:50 AM
Steven A. is the worst of the worst but Steve czaban isn't much better unless you like pompous yankee fan yankees

Yeah except Czaban was a Washington Nationals fan.

Nice try.

Biernutz
03-12-2010, 03:24 AM
Andy will cut back talking about Tiger. He will only talk about his man crush from 7AM to 8:55.

Tony Bruno? Please......

03-12-2010, 07:06 AM
I was actually a bigger fan of Czaban when the show was "The First Team on Fox"

howardcopy
03-12-2010, 09:13 AM
Bringing back Burns - great move
Taylor 4 to 7 - sweet

The Sports Grind 2-4 - Are you fucking kidding me?

When I listen to them it's like a conversation on the short bus to school. You can have a more intelligent conversation with a 5 year old.

I like what the Ticket did and said this morning, but those guys suck dick harder than Pamela Anderson on a 9-incher. Sorry, but I actually feel dumber after listening to them.

Bolger made some good moves, but as he does each and everytime he makes a decision, he missed the boat with the grind.

But, as he once told me in an e-mail, he really doesn't give a shit about Sports Radio, he only cares about WOAI. We lose.

Just saying

Lackluster
03-12-2010, 09:38 AM
glad to have the sports grind on at 2. that 2 o'clock hour is the worst hour of sports radio on both espn and the ticket imo.

i can now go with the drive > cowherd > rome > sports grind > back and forth between 760 and 1250 for the afternoon shows

howardcopy
03-12-2010, 09:41 AM
Lackluster, enjoy that short bus ride to no where than. Sports Grind SUCKS!!!

Lackluster
03-12-2010, 09:44 AM
Lackluster, enjoy that short bus ride to no where than. Sports Grind SUCKS!!!

:lol

anything is better than chris myers. that guy shits me to tears.

03-12-2010, 09:49 AM
havent really listened to the sports grind, usually home by then. but im gonna give it a shot

mouse
03-12-2010, 10:15 AM
The sports grind isn't that bad if only they was connected more with ST, and facebook, radio shows that talk about what someone just posted online do well. people who are at work or don't like the sound of their voice can participate in the show. I have been begging the Gorilla Andrew Ashwood since 1997 to interact the feed Back zone and other online forums,emails,PM's,ect....until he finally stop answering my emails.

Then Chris Duel saw the potential and inter-grade facebook and ST and other online activities with his 3-7 show and you can see the difference they must be kicking the Tickets ass by now.

I think if the Grind fellas would post at ST and merged many of their topics and interact with facebook etc...they could grow but right now it's two guys shooting the shit with a microphone.

One thing you must give them credit for they don't get paid in fact they pay to be on the radio so you have to consider that when you talk about how their show sucks they don't have please anyone but there own sponsors. If they fail it's no big deal it's their dime.
I got tired of the ticket call screener's not letting me on the show so I don't bother anymore and thus I hardly tune in. How long can Tim Merriman hold a grudge?

Taco
03-12-2010, 10:20 AM
Sports grind from 2-4 will be great!

Also i'm glad p.b. Is back !

MoSpur
03-12-2010, 10:43 AM
The Ticket needs to talk about things other than Tiger and the Cowboys.

bus driver
03-12-2010, 10:43 AM
does anyone know if taylor(760) is married to monica taylor for fox news.....

MoSpur
03-12-2010, 10:45 AM
Someone needs to tell Andy that not that many people are interested in golf like he is. The Grind isn't that bad. Mike Taylor has his moments, but he still can't control is obsession with Cowboys.

howardcopy
03-12-2010, 10:53 AM
I'm sorry but if I'm listening to sports radio, I'm expecting them to comprepared to discuss sports. Not fucking fumble through an hour like the grind does. Half the time they have no idea what the hell they're talking about.

And mouse I don't give a shit if they're paying for their hour, the station manager should have some balls to tell them they suck instead licking their balls because they are paying money to be on the air.

I'm just saying

mouse
03-13-2010, 04:39 PM
I'm sorry but if I'm listening to sports radio, I'm expecting them to comprepared to discuss sports. Not fucking fumble through an hour like the grind does. Half the time they have no idea what the hell they're talking about.

And mouse I don't give a shit if they're paying for their hour, the station manager should have some balls to tell them they suck instead licking their balls because they are paying money to be on the air.

I'm just saying

You make very Valid points! :tu

I am all for a station that can do sports and still be entertaining, the Zone many times gets so wrapped up in girls wearing kilts and so on they may go 15 minutes to an hour or more not talking sports. But they do have a disclaimer that they are Sports,beer,and fun so they at least admit they are not a sports show about X's and O's you want stats and real Sports updates you may want to use the www or wait till your favorite show comes on.

As for the Sports Grind show goes, I am not sure if they claim to be all about sports, because if they admit like the ESPN the Zone does that they are just two guys having fun talking babes,beer ,and some sports then they get a pass also.

To me the problem is no one seems to know how to "Balance" the show. For example do one 15 -25 minute segment on NFL and cowboys take a few calls read some facebook postings and emails. Now your done you can do the next 15-25 minute segment on the Spurs or talk about what sports bar in town has the best beer and good looking waitresses.

Then the next 15-25 minute segment you can let the show be wide open, caller and internet driven, let the callers and posters on the computer and cell phones talk about any subject. now you have an hour and a half in the books. you only have 2 & 1/2 hours left you can start off with an interview with Coach Pop or one of the Spurs players, an Ex Spurs player, talk to a Boxer, NFL player, or do some High school updates and maybe talk about any other sport we have in town like UTSA or our hockey team. now you used up half of the four hour show.

You start off the second 2 hour half of the show with postings that are interesting around the www. for example what is the latest with Tiger and his wife, Is Allen Iverson done as an NBA player, is there a posting where fans want to get rid of coach Pop? etc.....maybe do a 15-25 segment on strange and unusual stories, or talk about major league baseball.

Then the last two hours use one segment on Zone fights, or have the callers call in to do a high energy Rants. it can be like the show "whats got your goat?"

Maybe award the caller of the day the post of the day have a caption contest.

Now you can have another short interview with a player or coach from High school.UTSA,Spurs,Hockey. don't we still have the Missions baseball?

That leaves you one hour left to recap anything anyone wants to touch base on and let the show go anywhere depending what is hot, Is there another girl who claims Tiger had sex with her? Is ex Spurs player Alvin Robinson going to get more charges against him? Are the tickets prices for the Spurs going to go up next season?
Depending on listener's response and how hot a topic is you may have to override something you was going to do the next hour, that's where your skills come in on how to "Balance" the show come into play. This way the listeners get into a pattern where they know what hour to call in or tune in, for example if I just want to hear Zone fights or caller of the day I know to tune in around 6:30 and so on. have some consistency and yet be flexible the rest will fall into place.

It's not rocket science people.

:wakeup

Biernutz
03-14-2010, 04:34 AM
Peter Burns is coming back on the morning show. 7-9 am. There is a article in a newspaper. I would put up a link but -------:nope

TheManFromAcme
03-15-2010, 10:39 AM
The Ticket needs to talk about things other than Tiger and the Cowboys.

:tu

no joke.

mouse
03-15-2010, 01:20 PM
Peter Burns is coming back on the morning show. 7-9 am. There is a article in a newspaper. I would put up a link but -------:nope

I was able to catch 15 minutes of the show today and I could tell Peter started right where he left off. If he can somehow not talk over Andy so much the show may do well.

my 2 cents.

any word on Paul Greco?

mookie2001
03-15-2010, 03:16 PM
sports grind/

wow!

i love the lakers

wow-

showtime baby

wow

magic

woow!

the lakers

wow

kobe and phil

wowww

wow!

the lakers

wow!, wow

LA

wow...

wow...

wow

lets take a call from a laker fan talking extra thuggish

-yo tha lakers is doin it, big thangs poppin in LA, ya heard me?

wow

wow

Keep grinding san antonio, when that alarm clock goes off in the morning, think to yourself, keep grinding

howardcopy
03-15-2010, 04:07 PM
any word on Paul Greco?

I spoke to greco on Facebook Friday. He hadn't heard anything from the Ticket. He did tell me that it sounded like the Ticket liked what he did filling in for a month and half, but nothing from the station manager.

I don't know much about Paul except from talking to him on facebook, but he's a pretty cool guy who's always been nice to me and very upfront.

I hope at some point the Ticket pulls their head out and gives this guy a chance. Hell, he helped out the Ticket, now it's time for them to help him out.

Where is Peter Burns in ST, he disappeared? I know he's said in the past the Ticket was looking to maybe bring greco on but nothing. Maybe he can spark the talks up for him.

Biernutz
03-15-2010, 08:07 PM
I listen to part of the show today and Peter seemed either like he was trying to piss Andy off or drank a 6-pack of Red Bull before the show. Let's see if they can make it work this time. The Ticket will never dump Andy because he brings in all the golf course advertising.

mouse
03-15-2010, 08:40 PM
I spoke to greco on Facebook Friday. He hadn't heard anything from the Ticket. He did tell me that it sounded like the Ticket liked what he did filling in for a month and half, but nothing from the station manager.

I don't know much about Paul except from talking to him on facebook, but he's a pretty cool guy who's always been nice to me and very upfront.

I have met him and he's always been cool with me. The man has talent and I would love to se him move to a larger market. It must be depressing to have to suck up to the ticket just to do what you love to do and support your family.

I hope at some point the Ticket pulls their head out

This has been said since 1997, you really think all of a sudden the ticket is going to do what is right? or what makes sense? Look at this for a moment, you get rid of Peter burns just to hire him again? That says three things..

1) You have no idea how to run a radio station

2) You realized you made a huge mistake and it's because of "1) You have no idea how to run a radio station"

or #3) This was all just a stunt/gimmick to get people talking about the show and maybe create a buzz and it's because " 1) You have no idea how to run a radio station"

Good thing I am old now and don't have the energy to give a shit anymore, or I would walk in that station and show those lame fucks how to run a talk show.

Where is Peter Burns in ST, he disappeared? I know he's said in the past the Ticket was looking to maybe bring greco on but nothing. Maybe he can spark the talks up for him.

I gave up on Peter Burns and Chris Duel they just don't get SpursTalk and I seriously doubt they ever will.

PeterBurns
03-15-2010, 10:12 PM
I gave up on Peter Burns and Chris Duel they just don't get SpursTalk and I seriously doubt they ever will.

Sadly, I've been quite the Troll over the last 5 months. Checking in, but not participating as much as I used to. My fault, and I will own up to it.

And yes, I need to learn to shut up more. Was way too amped to be back today.

Greco did a damn fine job on-air with us. Lots of good feedback, and a great guy to boot. One of the good guys.

03-15-2010, 10:20 PM
Sadly, I've been quite the Troll over the last 5 months. Checking in, but not participating as much as I used to. My fault, and I will own up to it.

Greco did a damn fine job on-air with us. Lots of good feedback, and a great guy to boot. One of the good guys.

Seriously PB, you're going to kowtow to freaking Mouse?

Thats, well, disappointing.

mouse
03-16-2010, 12:52 AM
Seriously PB, you're going to kowtow to freaking Mouse?

Thats, well, disappointing.

Are you saying the listeners don't have a say in the matter?

Hey peter way to take the bait! are you like Paul you have alert that tells you when your name is posted on the www? I know he had a problem with lazy ass writers stealing his material so when ever his name comes up on the www he gets some sort of alert icon that goes off.

As for you shutting up? How about Andy take a back seat and let you anchor the show? he can be your Ed McMan i know you can carry the show on your own, maybe you a Paul will have the 4-7 slot do we need to email the big cheese?

Ps: Tell Andy if he still has that rookie card I gave him back in 1997 :smokin

SpursSecurity
03-16-2010, 09:21 AM

Hey Peter, if he did a good job, and had good feedback, when -- or do you see him -- ending up on air with the Ticket? Curious cause I've banged the monkey several times, but never heard back.

I know the monkey can't be that busy.

Oh ya, how rude. Welcome back Peter. Good to hear you back on the air.

mouse
03-16-2010, 10:40 AM
I was able to tune in for an hour today and I must say I was pleased with the show. I wish the show was connected to facebook so Peter or Andy can read what's on their walls as soon as we post something. I give today's show 3 1/2 slices of cheese. :tu

PakiDan
03-16-2010, 12:06 PM
IT'S TIME TO RALLY FOR GRECO!!!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/BRING-PAUL-GRECO-TO-THE-TICKET-760/368576756558?created#!/pages/BRING-PAUL-GRECO-TO-THE-TICKET-760/368576756558?v=info

SpursSecurity
03-16-2010, 12:45 PM
Hey PakiDan,

Great job. Wish I would have thought of that. I'll be spreading the word. Wondering if Peter Burns and the boys will join in the quest?

ST Power is now in full effect

PakiDan
03-16-2010, 01:21 PM
Hey PakiDan,

Great job. Wish I would have thought of that. I'll be spreading the word. Wondering if Peter Burns and the boys will join in the quest?

ST Power is now in full effect

Thanks SS! Be sure to spread the word!

Bigzax
03-16-2010, 01:34 PM
i liked listening to the grind on the way home. having taylor on is a buzzkill.

props to peter burns for getting his gig back and banging kim fischer.

but Andy talks too much, talks over people, and often gets his facts wrong.
they should let him stick to golf on Saturday mornings and get him off the M-F rotation...

keep trying 760...

PaulGreco
03-16-2010, 07:08 PM

Hey thanks Peter really appreciate the kind words man. It was a blast filling in while you were at sex therapy my man. Keep doin what your doin and everything will be ok.

--PG

scott
03-16-2010, 07:19 PM
Listen to STSA this Thursday. My beer will be making a special guest appearance. It probably won't say anything, but it will be gladly consumed.

/the end of my shameless plug

PeterBurns
03-16-2010, 07:42 PM
Freetail FTW

howardcopy
03-17-2010, 02:14 PM
Mmmmmm BEER!!!