PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Williams: 10 Day Option

ace3g
03-11-2010, 11:40 PM
If the Warriors don't sign him to another 10 day contract, and the Spurs sign a different player to a 10 day before the deadline (if they don't use another 10 day on Cedric) I think they should look at Reggie, not for this year but maybe for Summer League and training camp next season.

DesignatedT
03-11-2010, 11:49 PM
what pos does he play

ace3g
03-11-2010, 11:56 PM
SG/SF 6'6

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4710

DesignatedT
03-12-2010, 12:21 AM
oh he played at vmi.... didnt they go to the tourney and win a game or something last year or year before.

raspsa
03-12-2010, 02:03 AM
Terrence Williams(notes) has had an up-and-down rookie season with the Nets.

Taken with the 11th pick after playing four seasons at Louisville, Williams began the season as a regular in the Nets’ rotation, averaging 27.0 minutes in New Jersey’s first 17 games. Of course, the Nets lost their first 18 and Williams saw his minutes dwindle with each passing month.

Until March.

In four games this month, the Nets have given Williams a shot—and he’s shown flashes of what Rick Pitino (his coach at Louisville) called “freakish” athleticism. Williams, in 29.5 minutes per game, is averaging 13.0 points, 6.5 rebounds and 6.0 assists.

“He’s been carrying over what he’s been doing in practice into the games,” Nets point guard Devin Harris(notes) . “You want him playing with that attack-type mentality, getting to the basket, making passing, make some jump shots. We want him to play that type basketball because he’s very good when he plays that way. Hopefully he’ll continue to do those type things.”

Harris’ comments came after Williams scored a career-high 21 points with five rebounds and seven assists while playing 32 minutes of the Nets’ 111-92 loss to the Cavs last Wednesday. Williams followed that with 14 points in a loss to the Magic; three points (with 11 rebounds and seven assists) in the Nets’ win over New York; and 14, six and six in a loss to the Grizzlies.

Nets GM and coach Kiki Vandeweghe was impressed with Williams’ performance against Cleveland—especially while guarding LeBron James(notes)—and saw the talented player they hoped for

DesignatedT
03-12-2010, 02:07 AM
the thread was about reggie williams not terrance.... but, yes terrance williams looks like a beast.

outmap
03-12-2010, 02:14 AM
Golden State will sign Reggie for the rest of the season, they'd be stupid not to.

jjktkk
03-12-2010, 02:41 AM
Golden State will sign Reggie for the rest of the season, they'd be stupid not to.

You would think so, but If I may borrow a line from Lee Corso, "not so fast my friend". After reading the following (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/gsw/report,), you get the impression the Warriors really do not want to hand out another guaranteed contract.

outmap
03-12-2010, 03:56 AM
Let's secure him then. He's a high reward, low investment player. I'd rather have him than Cedric.

Shifty
03-12-2010, 12:11 PM
Stats look good. Low sample though.

52% FG (30/57)
40% 3pt (8/20)
82% FT (9/11)

12.8 PPG
3.0 RPG
2.5 APG
3-1 Ast-TO ratio

All that on 23 MPG

Questions are, how is he defensively? and does he need the ball to score "that much"?

Ryvin1
03-12-2010, 12:40 PM
Would he be allowed to play in the playoffs?

fyatuk
03-12-2010, 02:27 PM
Good question. I don't know how 10 day contracts react with that rule.

I would think the answer would be yes if he's been on 10 day contracts, but I'm not sure.

Mel_13
03-12-2010, 02:31 PM
Would he be allowed to play in the playoffs?

The general rule is that any player waived after March 1st cannot play for a different team in the playoffs. I can't find any exception for 10 day contracts, but one may exist.

In any event, GS signed him to a second 10 day contract so he'll be a Warrior at least until March 21st.

Chomag
03-12-2010, 04:02 PM
SG/SF 6'6

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4710

OH definitely then, Spurs could use another center.:lol

mexicanjunior
03-12-2010, 04:07 PM
He is too bitter about being cut on Christmas in the 90's to come back...

http://hoopedia.nba.com/images/1/11/Reggie-williams.jpg

mogrovejo
03-13-2010, 11:08 AM
The problem with Reggie Williams is that he only plays with his left hand. Other than that he's been one of my favourites D-League player since the start of the season, extremely smooth and fluid scorer. He has to work on his right hand though, because people will figure out that if they overplay his left his game will become very limited (Vince Carter and the Magic were the only ones doing that so far). Good player though, there's no way the Warriors will let him go. They signed him to a 2nd 10 day contract and I'm predicting they'll sign him till the end of the season afterwards.

Defensively he displays average lateral quickness, but with the Warriors he's playing D with more intensity and exerting more effort on that side of the court. He was the only one able to slow down Brandon Roy, for example. Still very inexperienced, doesnt' always close out under control, doesn't keep the stance the entire possession, etc. We'll see how he develops. Unlike other D-League top scorers he doesn't need the ball on his hands all the time. Very good feeling for the game, he'll attack quickly if he has an opening (especially from the left wing + left low block), moves well off-the-ball and is a good, unselfish passer who sees the court well. He's a clever player, knows how to pick his spots and doesn't force things. Again, a better off-hand and you have a good NBA rotation player.