PDA

View Full Version : Mavs fans your coach is an idiot

HornetLoveJones
03-12-2010, 09:13 PM
Not saying Bower is all genius and kudos to Carlisle for guiding this streak BUT

... is he just ignorant or retarded?

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/mavericks/post/_/id/4667019/has-beaubois-earned-a-permanent-role

DALLAS -- Roddy Beaubois (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=3963) has put together a pretty remarkable five-game run.

The rookie guard, who was pressed into duty when Jason Terry (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=841) was injured the night Jason Kidd (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=429) was given off, has averaged 18 points on 55 percent shooting while racking up a 3.4-to-1 assist-to-turnover ratio.

Given the flashes of brilliance Beaubois has shown this season, that's good enough to earn a permanent spot in the rotation. Right?

That's not the way Rick Carlisle rolls.

"I think the right way to go for us is to have a high level of accountability," Carlisle said. "If you’re playing well, you’re going to play. If you’re not getting it done, somebody else is going to be in there."

In other words, Beaubois will keep getting burn as long as he keeps producing. But there's no guarantee if he hits a rough patch.

Of course, Carlisle understands the intrigue in Beaubois, who might be the Mavs' most dynamic player.

"There’s always a lot of questions about Roddy because he’s an athletic guy," Carlisle said. "He does some breathtaking things on the court, and everybody loves seeing him out there.

"He’s done a great job of working and getting himself to a point where he’s ready to contribute. He’s working toward consistency. There’s going to be times where there’s a little bit of a yo-yo and we’ve all got to deal with it."

Carlisle said he's been impressed with the way Beaubois keeps a level head after mistakes. Given that, it's hard to see any reason why the kid shouldn't keep a spot in the rotation, even if it isn't Carlisle's style to guarantee a rookie a role.

Sh*t Rick, if you're not gonna use him send him over to New Orleans' way. We could use an explosive 2 guard running alongside D. Collison. I don't how you Mavericks fans feel about JJ Barea but I see that midget play and find it endlessly entertaining how good he thinks he is, yet Carlisle keeps wanting to play him over this rookie phenom.

mavsfan1000
03-12-2010, 09:15 PM
I'll tell you Rick is just going to put Beaubois back on the pine once Barea and Terry come back. He doesn't like rookies/inexperienced players.

Rogue
03-12-2010, 09:16 PM
http://www.solarnavigator.net/history/explorers_history/Adolf_Hitler_Stars_and_Stripes_Fuehrer_Dead.jpg

HornetLoveJones
03-12-2010, 09:18 PM
Then trade him to a team that will play him immediately, it's stupid to keep all that talent riding the pine.

mavsfan1000
03-12-2010, 09:19 PM
Then trade him to a team that will play him immediately, it's stupid to keep all that talent riding the pine.
By next year, I expect him to be getting some time. Over who would be a good question. I guess Barea and hopefully Terry as well.

Texas Chili Dog
03-12-2010, 09:55 PM
I've never seen a midget drive the lane so recklessly hoping he actually has a prayer at being able to shoot over players a foot taller than him by the basket as much as Barea does. What's actually a bigger joke than that is how Barea is listed at 6 feet tall...that's only the case if he wears platform shoes. I'm 6'0 even, so that would make Barea 5'10 at most. I was behind him in a line about a year ago and he was definitely shorter than me by a comfortable margin.

Pelicans78
03-12-2010, 10:46 PM
Sh*t Rick, if you're not gonna use him send him over to New Orleans' way. We could use an explosive 2 guard running alongside D. Collison. I don't how you Mavericks fans feel about JJ Barea but I see that midget play and find it endlessly entertaining how good he thinks he is, yet Carlisle keeps wanting to play him over this rookie phenom.

Are you not satisfied with Mo-Pete? Just kidding, I think you mean someone to run with Collison off the bench while Thornton starts with CP3.

HornetLoveJones
03-12-2010, 11:19 PM
Don't need CP since Collison is the future of this team, trade him away for 2 legit all stars and get no defense West packing for a couple of solid big bodies. Thorton comes off the bench while this kid Beaubois gets the start while M.T gets the majority at the 3.

Indazone
03-13-2010, 12:22 PM
Carlisle is another coach in the JVG old school mindset. Rookies should watch and not play.

mavsluva
03-13-2010, 01:31 PM
Criticize him, call him names, etc. Carlisle has more NBA coaching experience than every one on this board combined.

mavsfan1000
03-13-2010, 01:43 PM
Criticize him, call him names, etc. Carlisle has more NBA coaching experience than every one on this board combined.
No doubt he is a good coach. He just has a rookie bias that a lot of coaches have. My opinion is that if a rookie is good enough to be in the rotation, he should be in it. Though Barea has complicated things by his play lately. He is more of a pass first guard but he hurts us in other parts of his game. The main thing is defense.

dude1394
03-13-2010, 02:27 PM
Well I still take the contrarion position on this. Roddy should get some burn but only as a shooting guard since he's been pretty awful as a backup point.

So they can play a 3 pg lineup with jet/jkiddo/roddy or they can sit caron/marion to get him some time. Jet is going to be kinda tough to get off the court.

mavsfan1000
03-13-2010, 03:22 PM
Well I still take the contrarion position on this. Roddy should get some burn but only as a shooting guard since he's been pretty awful as a backup point.

So they can play a 3 pg lineup with jet/jkiddo/roddy or they can sit caron/marion to get him some time. Jet is going to be kinda tough to get off the court.
He has not been awful as a backup point guard. I remember that monster game he had against the Knicks when Kidd wasn't there and Barea had a poor first quarter. Beaubois almost by himself changed the momentum of that game which eventually became a blowout. And he played point guard against the Wolves and had a good game.