PDA

View Full Version : I wish this could have been our offseason

Biggems
03-12-2010, 10:49 PM
I know it really isn't feasible, but I believe we would be so much better had it gone this way

Sign:
G/F Ron Artest (MLE)
F/C Antonio McDyess (LLE)
F/C Dwayne Jones
PG Curtis Jerrells/Curtis Johnson

Draft:
PF DeJuan Blair
SF Robert Dozier
PG Nando de Colo

Trade:
1. Oberto, Thomas, Bowen to Washington for Caron Butler
2. Finley, Mason, Bonner for John Salmons, 2011 2nd (Finley and Mason go to Chicago, Bonner goes to third team)
3. Future 2nd to Portland for Channing Frye

Roster
C - McDyess, Frye, Jones
PF - Duncan, Blair, Ian
SF - Artest, Butler, Dozier
SG - Salmons, Manu, Hairston
PG - Parker, Hill, Jerrells/Johnson

The first two trades work money-wise, and both would make sense just prior to the trade deadline, based on how the season went for the Bulls and Wizards....however, prior to the season, neither of those teams would have made such a deal with the Spurs, as there was almost zero incentive to do so, unfortunately.

Oh and our current cap # is $79 million.....my wishful roster is $78 million. We only save $1 million, but we would be stronger offensively and so much stronger defensively. We would also be deeper, while taking away from the Lakers (Artest) , Suns (Frye), and Mavs (Butler).

Sisk
03-12-2010, 10:52 PM
Artest a Spur? No.

sananspursfan21
03-12-2010, 10:55 PM
i like the caron butler idea, but other than that, i think you're dreaming. i've been wanting butler for years :rolleyes

Biggems
03-12-2010, 10:55 PM
Artest a Spur? No.

i cant believe i said it either....he is as cuckoo as jack nicholson in One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest....

but still, he plays hard, plays lockdown perimeter D, and can score inside and out.

Biggems
03-12-2010, 10:56 PM
i like the caron butler idea, but other than that, i think you're dreaming. i've been wanting butler for years :rolleyes

of course i am dreaming, but i am also realistic....i know it couldnt have happened....just wish it had.

Sisk
03-12-2010, 10:57 PM
i cant believe i said it either....he is as cuckoo as jack nicholson in One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest....

but still, he plays hard, plays lockdown perimeter D, and can score inside and out.

i love his play, but the dude puts defense into his multi-colored hair in three different languages.. sure we had rodman at one point but at least rodman didn't fight fans

Biggems
03-12-2010, 11:00 PM
i love his play, but the dude puts defense into his multi-colored hair in three different languages.. sure we had rodman at one point but at least rodman didn't fight fans

that was only one time, and in defense of artest, the fans started it by pouring the drinks on him....now artest shouldnt have gone after the fan, but then again, the fan shouldnt have poured the beer on him...actually my biggest issue was that artest didnt go after the person that threw the beer on him...he went after someone else.

aside from that incident, I dont believe Artest has had any other issues in NBA arenas.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-13-2010, 12:08 AM
Lotsa dreaming in there.

Artest would have hated it here - he'd never come to SA by choice.

Dice would never have signed for the LLE (he could have gotten the MLE from a few other clubs).

The Wiz had no reason to move Butler before the season - they only moved him because of the Arenas fiasco.

The Bulls had no reason to move Salmons back then because he had just come off an awesome showing in the playoffs, and they thought they could make other moves to clear capspace.

As for Frye, Portland have never done us a favour.

So yeah, nice dreamwork, not too much basis in reality though.

Das Texan
03-13-2010, 12:27 AM
Artest wouldnt sign here if were were offering 10 million more than any other team.

Biggems
03-13-2010, 01:09 AM
Lotsa dreaming in there.

Artest would have hated it here - he'd never come to SA by choice.

Dice would never have signed for the LLE (he could have gotten the MLE from a few other clubs).

The Wiz had no reason to move Butler before the season - they only moved him because of the Arenas fiasco.

The Bulls had no reason to move Salmons back then because he had just come off an awesome showing in the playoffs, and they thought they could make other moves to clear capspace.

As for Frye, Portland have never done us a favour.

So yeah, nice dreamwork, not too much basis in reality though.

you do realize that your analysis of my original post is redundant to what i have been saying throughout this thread, right? it's not like i am clueless and think this could have actually happened. i am saying i wish it would have happened, cause my wish lineup would destroy the lineup we currently have. i also believe the wish lineup would be the top seed in the NBA right now.

DesignatedT
03-13-2010, 01:11 AM
cool

jjktkk
03-13-2010, 01:42 AM
What do you like about Dwayne Jones? I'm curious because,although hes putting up good numbers for the Toros, no one has giving him a callup yet. I look at his size and numbers and I'm shocked hes not on a NBA roster.

rascal
03-13-2010, 08:22 PM
If you had an unrealistic dream team that you wished for I would think you could come up with a stronger team than you did.

FeZZy
03-14-2010, 12:25 AM
Channing Frye was a FA you couldn't of traded him

TDMVPDPOY
03-14-2010, 12:33 AM
out of all those guys...i rather have capt jax back