PDA

View Full Version : Bryant measures his leadership of Lakers

ducks
03-13-2010, 08:24 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Avt09SLNRHP9Kvl._XqWcb28vLYF?slug=aw-kobelakers031310&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
LINK!

21_Blessings
03-13-2010, 08:35 PM
:lobt: :lobt2:

Rummpd
03-14-2010, 09:17 AM
Kobe knows the true MVP of that team is Gasol - the Lakers stunk before Gasol got there and Kobe cannot afford to diss him off - heck the Lakers played wonderful this year without the media's chosen one

silverblk mystix
03-14-2010, 11:31 AM
what bullshit...

why is kobe elevated to some kind of authoritative position...fuck him...i thought phil jackson was the coach and running the team...who gives a fuck if kobe is mad---or cursing his teammates...

any sane, normal person who is on an nba team should just tell him to shut the fuck up and worry about being a good human being---instead of an adulterer and rapist...

when his shit don't stink ---then MAYBE he can afford to rebuke others....

you think Tim Duncan's teammates believe Tim has EARNED respect...yes by the way he lives...

and the fucking media trying to create some kind of mystique with whatever little bullshit drama kobe is going through....

DxB
03-14-2010, 11:51 AM
what bullshit...

why is kobe elevated to some kind of authoritative position...fuck him...i thought phil jackson was the coach and running the team...who gives a fuck if kobe is mad---or cursing his teammates...

any sane, normal person who is on an nba team should just tell him to shut the fuck up and worry about being a good human being---instead of an adulterer and rapist...

you think Tim Duncan's teammates believe Tim has EARNED respect...yes by the way he lives...

and the fucking media trying to create some kind of mystique with whatever little bullshit drama kobe is going through....

Very well said.

Stringer_Bell
03-14-2010, 12:20 PM
I'm not a Kobe hater as far as his ability goes, but the fact is plain to see that without Gasol all Kobe would be is Shaq's championship sidekick. Duncan's reputation as a professional precedes him, so no one questions or interferes with his business. Kobe doesn't have that benefit, he had a lot of drama which was mostly self-manufactured...but he's learned to STFU and just put everything into his game and let his teammates do more lifting until it's time for him to turn it on.

DazedAndConfused
03-14-2010, 12:35 PM
If Gasol > Kobe then why did Kobe win the 2009 Final's MVP?

namlook
03-14-2010, 01:31 PM
what bullshit...

Hahahaha...that's what people said about Jordan too.

djohn2oo8
03-14-2010, 01:47 PM
Hahahaha...that's what people said about Jordan too.

One thing Kobe has that Jordan doesn't: A book written by his coach about how "uncoachable" he is

cobbler
03-14-2010, 01:57 PM
Kobe knows the true MVP of that team is Gasol - the Lakers stunk before Gasol got there and Kobe cannot afford to diss him off - heck the Lakers played wonderful this year without the media's chosen one

"stunk" is what the spurs are this year. The Lakers were going back and forth with the Suns as the best team in the west and 2nd best team in the league when Pau arrived. Look it up... facts don't change.

And to suggest off a 5 game streak that the Lakers are better off because they p[layed wonderful without Kobe is just moronic. How come you don't use that very same logic when you say Pau is the true MVP? After all, the Lakers were the best team in the NBA and everyone had them a lock to go to the finals without Pau playing the first 17 games.

While I agree that the media often exagerates the accomplishments of the superstars, the hatred some of you have for them and Kobe in particular distorts your judgement just as much if not more in the opposite direction.

Leetonidas
03-14-2010, 02:03 PM

Why did Tony Parker win the 2007 Finals MVP?

:stirpot:

djohn2oo8
03-14-2010, 02:08 PM

Who said Gasol was better than Kobe? Granted that Gasol is charmin ultra soft, his game is what elevated the Lakers last year. That doesn't mean he is better than Kobe, it means that he is a better fit for what they are trying to do, than Kobe is

cobbler
03-14-2010, 02:47 PM
what bullshit...

why is kobe elevated to some kind of authoritative position...fuck him...i thought phil jackson was the coach and running the team...who gives a fuck if kobe is mad---or cursing his teammates....

Authoritative position? He's clearly the leader of the team. You obviopusly have never played competitive sports on any level if you don't realize there is a heirarchy and/or pecking order in team sport. And you obviously don't know much about PJ's coaching style either. He is well known for letting the players play through issues. He does the very same off the court.

any sane, normal person who is on an nba team should just tell him to shut the fuck up and worry about being a good human being---instead of an adulterer and rapist....

What does being a good human being have to do with basketball? Why is that whenever the haters are talking about Kobe and basketball this shit always get brought up? How come whenever we hear talk about MJ it isn't always followed by "hes and adulterer and gambling addict"?

Huh? Where did he rebuke anyone in this article? Clearly you missed the point. The article was talking about how he has matured and grown in his leadership role. The article was talking about how he rebuked Shaq and realized later that he made a mistake doing so and learned from it.

you think Tim Duncan's teammates believe Tim has EARNED respect...yes by the way he lives....

What does TD have to do with any of this? Respect for the way you live and respect for your basketball prowess are apples and oranges. I would also suggest to you that the majority of players throughout the NBA have no idea how their teamates "live" outside the game. You are a very naive if you think otherwise.

Mystique? There was no drama in the article. It was just pointing out that Kobe has taken a different approach this time around.

Keep drinking the hateraid! :lol

Muser
03-14-2010, 03:29 PM
Where's Allanon with his cut/paste on how there is a kobe thread at the top?

hitmanyr2k
03-14-2010, 03:31 PM
The Lakers were going back and forth with the Suns as the best team in the west and 2nd best team in the league when Pau arrived. Look it up... facts don't change.

The Lakers being competitive was largely due to the emergence of Andrew Bynum, the guy Kobe wanted traded for an aging Jason Kidd (which made no sense whatsoever). Once Bynum went down LA was back to playing .500 ball before the miracle trade for Gasol saved the season. After that trade LA started rolling and never looked back. In retrospect that trade saved Kobe's only MVP because Chris Paul was about to run off with that shit in '08.

cobbler
03-14-2010, 03:41 PM
The Lakers being competitive was largely due to the emergence of Andrew Bynum, the guy Kobe wanted traded for an aging Jason Kidd (which made no sense whatsoever). Once Bynum went down LA was back to playing .500 ball before the miracle trade for Gasol saved the season. After that trade LA started rolling and never looked back. In retrospect that trade saved Kobe's only MVP because Chris Paul was about to run off with that shit in '08.

So? My point was to refute that the Lakers did not stink at the time of the trade and they didnt. That they would play 500 ball over a 8-10 game stretch after losing a starting center is no surprise. Regardless, at the time Gasol suited up, they were the 3rd best team in the league. I don't see how that can be classified as stinking but you guys are entitiled to you opinions.

TheMACHINE
03-14-2010, 04:33 PM
hahah...haters getting slapped in the face again.

silverblk mystix
03-14-2010, 04:55 PM
any time someone is NOT drinking the purple & gold kool-aid--laker fans call it HATING...

it has nothing to do with hate....it has more to do with seeing through the bullshit-manufactured drama and bullshit that is the laker world...

TheMACHINE
03-14-2010, 04:58 PM
any time someone is NOT drinking the purple & gold kool-aid--laker fans call it HATING...

it has nothing to do with hate....it has more to do with seeing through the bullshit-manufactured drama and bullshit that is the laker world...

:lol:lmao

haha haters

silverblk mystix
03-14-2010, 05:02 PM
:lol:lmao

haha haters

exactly

cobbler
03-14-2010, 05:14 PM
any time someone is NOT drinking the purple & gold kool-aid--laker fans call it HATING..

WRONG.... We call it hating when you spew bullshit as you did in your earlier post. You completely misinterpreted the article, brought up 5 year old issues that had nothing to do with the article, and then used TD as a reference to your illogical comments.

Perhaps you should heed your own words? Maybe when you stop spewing bullshit you can rebuke others for spewing theirs.

silverblk mystix
03-14-2010, 07:52 PM
hey cock gobbler...

the only bullshit spewed was yours...

the article was not misinterpreted...the media is trying to spin kobe NOT responding to Gasol as if this was some cerebral, mature tactic on kobe's part...

the FACTS are that---WHO the fuck is kobe...to be admonishing teammates or imposing his will on his teammates...

if the media had any balls or objectivity...they would call a spade a spade---instead of all this bullshit coddling of so called superstars...

at the end of the day its YOU laker fans that are the suckers...

HAD kobe been a good teammate and/or decent human---he---TOGETHER ---with shaq---would have had ADDITIONAL titles...

had the media called it as what it was---two fucking drama queens who should have BOTH shut the fuck up---played ball---respected their fans and coach...

then maybe both kobe and shaq would have been far more respected NBA-WIDE...

TDMVPDPOY
03-14-2010, 07:56 PM
leaders dont snitch

namlook
03-14-2010, 08:37 PM
One thing Kobe has that Jordan doesn't: A book written by his coach about how "uncoachable" he is

Ever heard of "The Jordan Rules?" :lmao

djohn2oo8
03-14-2010, 08:53 PM

Ever heard of "The Jordan Rules?" :lmao

Read that bold part again, genius

Sigz
03-14-2010, 09:02 PM
http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/121/l_5383c63509ce69e1d3ec932f3d637d93.jpg

TheMACHINE
03-14-2010, 09:21 PM
hey cock gobbler...

the article was not misinterpreted...the media is trying to spin kobe NOT responding to Gasol as if this was some cerebral, mature tactic on kobe's part...

the FACTS are that---WHO the fuck is kobe...to be admonishing teammates or imposing his will on his teammates...

if the media had any balls or objectivity...they would call a spade a spade---instead of all this bullshit coddling of so called superstars...

HAD kobe been a good teammate and/or decent human---he---TOGETHER ---with shaq---would have had ADDITIONAL titles...

had the media called it as what it was---two fucking drama queens who should have BOTH shut the fuck up---played ball---respected their fans and coach...

silly hater is mad that his team sucks ass. :lmao:rollin

cobbler
03-14-2010, 10:41 PM

Please show me where I said anything untrue.

The media was pointing out that he had matured enough to realize that Gasol is a HUGE key to the Lakers chances of repeating and responding to his comments he made to the MEDIA would only fuel another Shaq type scenario. It's called growing up. Later in this post you admonish Shaq and Kobe and say they just should have shut up and played. And now you admonish Kobe for doing just that. You seem confused. :lol

The undisputed leader of the Lakers. It's his team. You haters are the very people that do not give him any credit for the 3 peat years because he wasn't the # 1 guy on the team. Now that he is the tune changes? You are shocked that players admonish other players in a team sport? Tsk Tsk.

What did he call wrong in the article? Sounded pretty factual to me.

:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

You have proof of this? Of course not. It's just your silly opinion based on... well, nothing. They hadn't won in 2 years prior to the split.

Yeah, we fans felt so disrespected as we were parading down Figueroa street. :lmao

Hmmmmmm, I think you would be hard pressed to find two players that command more respect in the NBA community. They are icons of the game. That you don't think so is irrelevent.

angelbelow
03-15-2010, 12:51 AM
Read that bold part again, genius

Haha namlook is fucking retarded.

Baseline
03-15-2010, 01:02 AM
I can't wait to see how you Laker fans will spin all this when your boys lose in the playoffs this year. All that talent, and one guy will take them down by himself.

If practically every guy on your team, as well as a caoch who has won ten titles, says that one guy is playing selfishly and shooting too many shots...then he is.

And if you really think that Bryant makes those teammates better, you're bigger idiots than I thought.

Answer me this...why is everybody so afraid of Bryant? Why won't anybody in the state of California stand up to the guy? Gasol's very tempered (and very true) comments are the closest I've ever seen to anybody other than Phil even peep about him in public. It's unbelievable. Like taking a shot away from Bryant is the equivalent of desecrating the holy sepulchre in the Vatican.

cobbler
03-15-2010, 01:06 AM
I can't wait to see how you Laker fans will spin all this when your boys lose in the playoffs this year. All that talent, and one guy will take them down by himself.

If practically every guy on your team, as well as a caoch who has won ten titles, says that one guy is playing selfishly and shooting too many shots...then he is.

And if you really think that Bryant makes those teammates better, you're bigger idiots than I thought.

Answer me this...why is everybody so afraid of Bryant? Why won't anybody in the state of California stand up to the guy? Gasol's very tempered (and very true) comments are the closest I've ever seen to anybody other than Phil even peep about him in public. It's unbelievable. Like taking a shot away from Bryant is the equivalent of desecrating the holy sepulchre in the Vatican.

Exaggerate much do ya? :lol

:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

silverblk mystix
03-15-2010, 01:11 AM

I'm sure the laker fan response will be to call you a hater and/or laugh that your team sucks or something along those lines...

But I agree----Gasol's statements rang a bell....but nobody wants to SEE it...which is good...because when they ultimately get eliminated this year--then the ----throwing each other under the bus extravaganza---will be very amusing....but that is EXACTLY the kind of manufactured drama that the media and lakers fans live for...

no-one will mention kobe's shot selection---but they WILL crucify gasol or someone else missing a shot or free throw...

cobbler
03-15-2010, 02:29 AM
I'm sure the laker fan response will be to call you a hater and/or laugh that your team sucks or something along those lines...

But I agree----Gasol's statements rang a bell....but nobody wants to SEE it...which is good...because when they ultimately get eliminated this year--then the ----throwing each other under the bus extravaganza---will be very amusing....but that is EXACTLY the kind of manufactured drama that the media and lakers fans live for...

no-one will mention kobe's shot selection---but they WILL crucify gasol or someone else missing a shot or free throw...

This Laker fan is just baffled at why you would feel so butthurt that we actually root and support a player on our team? :wow

I think the Lakers chances are pretty good this year. Probably the very reason you pay so much attention to them...

silverblk mystix
03-15-2010, 10:13 AM
This Laker fan is just baffled at why you would feel so butthurt that we actually root and support a player on our team? :wow

I think the Lakers chances are pretty good this year. Probably the very reason you pay so much attention to them...

The reason I posted was in response to another bullshit story from the media trying to spin --in kobe's favor ---yet again...

the fact that you root for your teams players is normal---no-one is butthurt about that

the fact that this player happens to be glorified to god status is disgusting and IMHO ---it cheapens the game of basketball--but I understand that is just today's reality...

I do agree the lakers chances are pretty good this year---but we'll see what happens on the court.

ambchang
03-15-2010, 10:27 AM

Worthy > Magic in 88
Dumars > Isiah in 89
Cedric Maxwell > Bird in 81
Parker > Duncan in 07
Jojo White > Cowens in 76

namlook
03-15-2010, 12:31 PM
Anyone that is not braindead knows Kobe > Gasol. The very notion there is any discussion about this is beyond ridiculous.

SomeCallMeTim
03-15-2010, 05:34 PM
The Lakers being competitive was largely due to the emergence of Andrew Bynum, the guy Kobe wanted traded for an aging Jason Kidd (which made no sense whatsoever).

Great basketball players usually make terrible GMs.

Yet another way in which Kobe is following in the proud footsteps of Herr Jordan.

cobbler
03-15-2010, 05:38 PM
The reason I posted was in response to another bullshit story from the media trying to spin --in kobe's favor ---yet again...

the fact that you root for your teams players is normal---no-one is butthurt about that

the fact that this player happens to be glorified to god status is disgusting and IMHO ---it cheapens the game of basketball--but I understand that is just today's reality...

I do agree the lakers chances are pretty good this year---but we'll see what happens on the court.

Well. I really didn't see anything in the article trying to make kobe into some God. Just an article showing that 1. he made mistakes in the past, and 2. He's learned from them.

If you saw otherwise then so be it.

SomeCallMeTim
03-15-2010, 05:43 PM

If the team goes down, it will truly be a team effort with blame to lay at the door of plenty of players. Kobe with his ballhoggery, Fisher with his delusional "I'm-still-in-my-prime" chuckery, Gasol with his soft play underneath and constant looking to the refs for bailouts, Bynum for his lack of dedication on the defensive end, Odom for his Groundhog Day game, Artest for his occasional tunnel vision and indecision on the offensive end. And that doesn't even get into the failings of the bench scrubs.

Funny that of all these guys Artest seems to know his role the best. For the most part he has played smart on both ends and his all-out game on defense is awesome. He has picked up LA big time on that end.

Answer me this...why is everybody so afraid of Bryant? Why won't anybody in the state of California stand up to the guy? Gasol's very tempered (and very true) comments are the closest I've ever seen to anybody other than Phil even peep about him in public. It's unbelievable. Like taking a shot away from Bryant is the equivalent of desecrating the holy sepulchre in the Vatican.Kobe is a basketball bully... that can be good and bad. When winning, he helps push teammates to better (and yes, he does generally make his teammates better). Winning is the ultimate deodorant and everyone is usually pretty happy as long as the wins keep piling up. Start underplaying expectations though and the finger-pointing can start. Just like the in-your-face coach, that approach can really wear on people, too.

SomeCallMeTim
03-15-2010, 05:46 PM
Worthy > Magic in 88
Dumars > Isiah in 89
Cedric Maxwell > Bird in 81
Parker > Duncan in 07
Jojo White > Cowens in 76

ISTR Kobe has five top-5 season MVP finishes, including one #1 finish and two #2 finishes.

I'm not aware of any top-5 finishes for Gasol but I do think he has a top-10 finish in voting.

ChrisRichards
03-16-2010, 08:42 AM
hey Cockgobbler...

then maybe both kobe and shaq would have been far more respected NBA-WIDE...:lol:lol:lol

cobbler
03-18-2010, 12:59 AM
Really Chris... is that the best you can do? Taking someone else's post and adding your obsession with my name because you get images of cocks from it? Really? Are you so butthurt that I've pointed out your BS and lies that you resort to gradeschool antics? Really? How sad...

MiamiHeat
03-18-2010, 03:22 AM
i suck cocks

ChrisRichards
03-18-2010, 03:55 AM
:lol best post so far^