PDA

View Full Version : Hairston 20+ minutes?

sananspursfan21
03-13-2010, 10:45 PM
Did I see that right on the stats page for the game tonight? did pop hit his head?

ducks
03-13-2010, 10:46 PM
clippers are d league

benefactor
03-13-2010, 10:46 PM
He needs to rebound better. Besides that, he had a nice game.

TIMMYD!
03-13-2010, 10:47 PM
clippers are d league

28 minutes against anyone in this league is fucking good.

Congrats to Pop for realizing this kid can play.

EricB
03-13-2010, 10:48 PM
2 rebounds in that amount of time is weak, but to his defense he was out on the perimeter quite a bit.

Johnny RIngo
03-13-2010, 10:50 PM
28 minutes against anyone in this league is fucking good.

Congrats to Pop for realizing this kid can play.

Don't get your hopes up. We were blowing out a lottery team so it's only natural that Hairston got a lot of burn tonight. Expect a LOT more of Bogans(unfortunately) when we play Miami and Orlando next week.

ducks
03-13-2010, 10:53 PM
2 rebounds in that amount of time is weak, but to his defense he was out on the perimeter quite a bit.

duncan had 1 in 13 minutes:lol:lol:lol:lol

TimDunkem
03-13-2010, 10:55 PM
He's a 2-guard. :bang You're really looking for him to rebound as well as the big guys?

Besides, the rebounds don't always bounce your way..

EricB
If you listen to Elliott, he mentions how much Pop talks up Hairston.

So the thinking process that Pop doesn't like him is as always laughable.

EricB
He's a 2-guard. :bang You're really looking for him to rebound as well as the big guys?

Read the second half of the quote there paco.

sananspursfan21
03-13-2010, 10:56 PM
he's a 2-guard. :bang you're really looking for him to rebound as well as the big guys?

+1

easy7
03-13-2010, 10:58 PM
Malik and Jackson are bringing in a lot of energy...I support them playing more minutes.

sananspursfan21
03-13-2010, 10:59 PM
Malik and Jackson are bringing in a lot of energy...I support them playing more minutes.

really, at this point, what does SA have to lose?

TimDunkem
03-13-2010, 11:02 PM
Read the second half of the quote there paco.

Yeah, I did, and it was pretty f-ing redundant.

ace3g
03-13-2010, 11:02 PM
Hairston is a decent rebounder, but tonight he didn't really need to

EricB
03-13-2010, 11:04 PM
Yeah, I did, and it was pretty f-ing redundant.

Its not at all.

I said 2 rebounds is weak, but, to his defense he played the perimeter alot.

Reading comprehension learn it.

Obstructed_View
03-13-2010, 11:09 PM
I guess the only thing left is to hope Pop doesn't tell the newspapers that Hairston is the centerpiece of the defense.

spurtech09
03-13-2010, 11:14 PM
hairston,mason,rj had a great game tonight

SenorSpur
03-13-2010, 11:18 PM
Will Pop continue to play Hairston at this rate toward the end of the season?
Will Hairston surpass Mason in the rotation?
Will Hairston's development cause him to make the playoff roster?

Tune in next time for the "The Old, the Young, the Restless and the Beautiful"

TJastal
03-13-2010, 11:28 PM

I hope Hairston supplants Bogans in the lineup. I want to see more Roger esp as we get into some tough games coming up.

TimDunkem
03-13-2010, 11:30 PM
Its not at all.

Of course it was dumb shit. You complain about a 2-guard not grabbing boards when there weren't many oppertunities to do so, then point it out yourself.

And there you go with your go-to "reading comprehension" comeback. What are you going to tell me next? To drink some drain-o?

Sean Cagney
03-13-2010, 11:37 PM
If you listen to Elliott, he mentions how much Pop talks up Hairston.

So the thinking process that Pop doesn't like him is as always laughable.

Yeah he talks him up, but he needs more than that (He needs PT out there). Bogans sucks, he is literally a black hole. I hope he continues to play more.

Buddy Holly
03-14-2010, 12:08 AM

Weak? Hill had 2 in 29. Bonner had 3 in 22 and he's taller and plays closer to the paint than Malik.

ElNono
03-14-2010, 12:09 AM
There were at least 30 mins of garbage time tonight... but Pop did bring him in during the first half when it was still a game... He's a welcome addition to the rotation...

Buddy Holly
03-14-2010, 12:09 AM
Its not at all.

So basically you owned yourself?

Buddy Holly
03-14-2010, 12:11 AM
Of course it was dumb shit. You complain about a 2-guard not grabbing boards when there weren't many oppertunities to do so, then point it out yourself.

And there you go with your go-to "reading comprehension" comeback. What are you going to tell me next? To drink some drain-o?

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/240sw39578.gif

jag
03-14-2010, 12:46 AM
Pop has always loved a wing that can knock down the 3, and that's something Hairston has really worked on since coming to the Spurs. If he can develop that then I dont really see any reason why Pop won't give him Mason's minutes next season.

HarlemHeat37
03-14-2010, 02:21 AM
The obvious answer would be that he played so much during garbage time..

OTOH, Pop did bring him in early in the 2nd quarter despite the fact that he didn't have a good game last night..he also brought him in off the bench before Bogans or Mason in the 2nd half, but that might be due to Pop giving his Centerpiece some extra rest..it should be interesting..

It's pretty clear that Hairston is significantly better than Bogans, even though it was obvious since preseason, so it will be interesting to see what happens next..he's produced extremely well in 3 of the 4 games where he's received rotation minutes..if he continues to produce like he has, it will be interesting, although I fully expect Pop to go with Centerpiece in the playoffs..

Obstructed_View
03-14-2010, 02:26 AM
The obvious answer would be that he played so much during garbage time..

OTOH, Pop did bring him in early in the 2nd quarter despite the fact that he didn't have a good game last night..he also brought him in off the bench before Bogans or Mason in the 2nd half, but that might be due to Pop giving his Centerpiece some extra rest..it should be interesting..

It's pretty clear that Hairston is significantly better than Bogans, even though it was obvious since preseason, so it will be interesting to see what happens next..he's produced extremely well in 3 of the 4 games where he's received rotation minutes..if he continues to produce like he has, it will be interesting, although I fully expect Pop to go with Centerpiece in the playoffs..

Yep, I have no faith that he's not going to pull out the centerpiece and ride him all the way over the falls despite the flashes from those behind him in the rotation.

spursbird
03-14-2010, 02:34 AM
I believe Hairston would be our Marcus Thornton with better defense.

HarlemHeat37
03-14-2010, 02:37 AM
They're completely different players, but I get what you mean..

It's just good to see an athletic player that attacks the basket for once..athletes always kill the Spurs, it's good to finally have a few on our team now..

jjktkk
03-14-2010, 04:35 AM
Jeez, amongst all the the talk about who Pop should be giving minutes to, the Spurs are on a bit of a roll. God forbid if they finish the season strong. What will all of the armchair coaches on this site do? Keep telling us that Pops an idiot?

TJastal
03-14-2010, 05:32 AM
Jeez, amongst all the the talk about who Pop should be giving minutes to, the Spurs are on a bit of a roll. God forbid if they finish the season strong. What will all of the armchair coaches on this site do? Keep telling us that Pops an idiot?

Pop's actually doing some things we've been hoping for him to do for the better part of the season which is to give Hairston and Ian minutes.

Does Pop deserve credit for this? Absolutely. Good for Pop.

And while it may be too little too late for Ian this year, there is a good chance Malik could help in the playoffs esp if the centerpiece plays like he did last night.

Obstructed_View
03-14-2010, 07:05 AM

Yes, Pop deserves all the credit in the world for being able to take a roster predicted to challenge for a title and beat three of the worst teams in the NBA, vaulting them to 8-4 in their last 12 games. Seriously, where's his fucking award?

tothrowed
03-14-2010, 09:46 AM
Did yall even watch the game in the first quarter when spurs went on a rin malik was a part of that he was cutting to the basket scoring this dude is cold

EricB
03-14-2010, 10:15 AM
Weak? Hill had 2 in 29. Bonner had 3 in 22 and he's taller and plays closer to the paint than Malik.

So are we talking about team rebounding or Malik Hairston?

Get a fucking life already.

Obstructed_View
03-14-2010, 03:31 PM

The thread title should have told you. Perhaps you should follow your own suggestion about reading comprehension.

itzsoweezee
03-14-2010, 04:04 PM
Pop's actually doing some things we've been hoping for him to do for the better part of the season which is to give Hairston and Ian minutes.

Does Pop deserve credit for this? Absolutely. Good for Pop.

And while it may be too little too late for Ian this year, there is a good chance Malik could help in the playoffs esp if the centerpiece plays like he did last night.

Pop doesn't deserve credit. Because if Finley hadn't jumped ship, you know Hairston would be getting 0 minutes right now. Finley helped the spurs from Popovich's idiocy.

Now, if only someone could take out the centerpiece, the Spurs could really be contenders.

itzsoweezee
03-14-2010, 04:07 PM

Well, he is an idiot. The Spurs' better play is due entirely to Finley jumping ship and Manu carrying the team.

And lol @ barely making the playoffs with this stacked teams as some kind of vindication for Popobitch.

You're a moron.

TJastal
03-14-2010, 04:10 PM
Pop doesn't deserve credit. Because if Finley hadn't jumped ship, you know Hairston would be getting 0 minutes right now. Finley helped the spurs from Popovich's idiocy.

Now, if only someone could take out the centerpiece, the Spurs could really be contenders.

Technically

you're right

jjktkk
03-14-2010, 04:19 PM
Well, he is an idiot. The Spurs' better play is due entirely to Finley jumping ship and Manu carrying the team.

And lol @ barely making the playoffs with this stacked teams as some kind of vindication for Popobitch.

You're a moron.

LOL okay, So what your saying is that this team is so loaded with talent that even a tool like you could be the head coach of the Spurs and win a championship? Are you really Phil Jackson, or Doc Rivers, and just trolling on here?

jjktkk
03-14-2010, 04:26 PM

Finley wanted out because he wasn't getting any playing time. What did you think that Pop was saving Finley for the playoffs. Or did Pop realize that Finley is pretty much washed up and that Hairston might be a better option now?

Sisk
03-14-2010, 04:40 PM
Pop should give all of bogan's minutes to hairston ASAP

Hairston drives the lane almost every time he touches the ball and plays good enough defense, which i think will only get better when he gets more comfortable out there

I think if pop continues to give him minutes there's no reason he shouldn't see the playoff rotation

LakerHater
03-14-2010, 04:44 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/103ub9c.gif

TJastal
03-14-2010, 04:56 PM
Pop should give all of bogan's minutes to hairston ASAP

Hairston drives the lane almost every time he touches the ball and plays good enough defense, which i think will only get better when he gets more comfortable out there

I think if pop continues to give him minutes there's no reason he shouldn't see the playoff rotation

co-signed

Him and RMJ should be the main backcourt subs, they make a good inside out combo out there

I'd include Cedric Jackson in there too but he's too raw and untested at this point

TJastal
03-14-2010, 04:57 PM
Parker, RMJ, Hairston, Bonner, Blair should be the guys coming off the bench if the spurs reach the playoffs

Obstructed_View
03-14-2010, 07:17 PM

I'm perfectly happy to give him credit if everything comes together, even if it comes together late, and even if he doesn't deserve it. There's plenty of undue credit to go around when you're winning championships.

Obstructed_View
03-14-2010, 07:19 PM
LOL okay, So what your saying is that this team is so loaded with talent that even a tool like you could be the head coach of the Spurs and win a championship? Are you really Phil Jackson, or Doc Rivers, and just trolling on here?

Doc Rivers couldn't win shit with decent players and did pretty well with more talent than anyone in the league for a short period of time. Phil Jackson knows the secret to being regarded as a good coach, which is why he's followed the talent all these years, even going so far as to mend fences with Kobe in order to keep him around when he came back.

jjktkk
03-14-2010, 08:49 PM
Doc Rivers couldn't win shit with decent players and did pretty well with more talent than anyone in the league for a short period of time. Phil Jackson knows the secret to being regarded as a good coach, which is why he's followed the talent all these years, even going so far as to mend fences with Kobe in order to keep him around when he came back.

Touche. Absolutely. Pop fits in with Jackson and Rivers. Great players make a coach look pretty good.

Obstructed_View
03-14-2010, 09:52 PM
Touche. Absolutely. Pop fits in with Jackson and Rivers. Great players make a coach look pretty good.

And a coach can really make himself look bad when he starts thinking he's a genius and plays guys out of position or refuses to let young players get enough minutes to play their way out of common mistakes.

koriwhat
03-14-2010, 10:18 PM
The thread title should have told you. Perhaps you should follow your own suggestion about reading comprehension.

haha

Harry Callahan
03-14-2010, 11:05 PM
Popovich never has tried to bring attention to himself as some kind of "Genius". Last time I checked, he stated (this is a quote) "We were fortunate to get Tim Duncan and not screw it up".

This roster has not come together yet, but I think Coach Pop is trying to get it working and get some kind of roll going.

Is it Pop's fault that Tim is a year older, Manu took a long time to get in synch, and TP has had health problems all year long?

Buddy Holly
03-14-2010, 11:08 PM

Get a life? :lmao

You're still such a immature condescending douche. But please, indulge me some more.

jjktkk
03-15-2010, 01:17 AM
And a coach can really make himself look bad when he starts thinking he's a genius and plays guys out of position or refuses to let young players get enough minutes to play their way out of common mistakes.

I doubt Pop cares a whole lot about looking bad. Pop will always prefer veterans over younger players. His 4 champioship teams were mostly made up on veterans. But this year, Hill, and Blair seem to get to be getting playing time. Looks like Hairston is starting to earn more playing time. Hes not too old is he? But since Pop doesn't see what you see in Mahimni, hes an idiot right? An idiot whose won 4 championships, and how many consecutive years have the Spurs made the playoffs under Pop? 12, 13? Seems like Pop has had a pretty good run as a NBA coach, despite being an idiot. Maybe he even might be a genius as you claim because, although hes an idiot, his teams still seam to play pretty well. To have teams that consistanly perform at a high level, despite their idiot coach, is pure genius IMO.

Obstructed_View
03-15-2010, 02:55 AM
Popovich never has tried to bring attention to himself as some kind of "Genius". Last time I checked, he stated (this is a quote) "We were fortunate to get Tim Duncan and not screw it up".

This roster has not come together yet, but I think Coach Pop is trying to get it working and get some kind of roll going.

Is it Pop's fault that Tim is a year older, Manu took a long time to get in synch, and TP has had health problems all year long?

No, but it's his fault that Bogans was the "centerpiece" of a mediocre defense, and it's his fault that Richard Jefferson spent more time at center most of the season than the two centers that were on the roster at the end of training camp.

Seriously, if you guys can't see how much the coach is flailing when he makes these confident statements about what the team is going to do for the rest of the season, only to see him go away from that statement a few days later, I'm not sure how to convince you. Did you actually read the "centerpiece" statement?

Obstructed_View
03-15-2010, 03:04 AM
I doubt Pop cares a whole lot about looking bad. Pop will always prefer veterans over younger players. His 4 champioship teams were mostly made up on veterans. But this year, Hill, and Blair seem to get to be getting playing time. Looks like Hairston is starting to earn more playing time. Hes not too old is he? But since Pop doesn't see what you see in Mahimni, hes an idiot right? An idiot whose won 4 championships, and how many consecutive years have the Spurs made the playoffs under Pop? 12, 13? Seems like Pop has had a pretty good run as a NBA coach, despite being an idiot. Maybe he even might be a genius as you claim because, although hes an idiot, his teams still seam to play pretty well. To have teams that consistanly perform at a high level, despite their idiot coach, is pure genius IMO.

So we're now ignoring the fact that I've been saying since September that Hairston is better than Bogans and should be getting playing time, we're now ignoring that I've been saying since September that Matt Bonner can be a great role player for this team if he's not being forced to defend starting NBA frontcourts, we're now ignoring the fact that I said Theo Ratliff could start and contribute with his interior defense.

I accused Pop of playing Bogans too much because he thinks Bogans is Bruce Bowen 2.0, and Pop basically came out and said exactly that. What part of Bogans' play has supported the minutes he's gotten this season? Pop can't seem to justify getting the guy minutes at this point despite the fact that Roger Mason has stunk most of the season. That it's taken the coach most of the season and a historical number of starting lineups to come upon success with solutions that a lot of fans have been pointing out for months does nothing to lessen the "idiot" accusation.

What are you going to say if Mahinmi cracks the rotation in the next few weeks? You're pretty quickly running out of high ground, here. Make sure not to abandon the high horse you're on.

For an NBA coach, the difference between idiot and genius lies in small decisions, or between the decisions of 2006 and 2007. Pop is pretty steadily working his way back toward genius again as he rellies less on terrible players and microscopic lineups and starts implementing the changes many of us have suggested all year long. I'll be right there waving the :flag: for Pop if the bigger lineups continue and Bogans continues to transition to the 12th or 13th man on the rotation.

jjktkk
03-15-2010, 02:35 PM
So we're now ignoring the fact that I've been saying since September that Hairston is better than Bogans and should be getting playing time, we're now ignoring that I've been saying since September that Matt Bonner can be a great role player for this team if he's not being forced to defend starting NBA frontcourts, we're now ignoring the fact that I said Theo Ratliff could start and contribute with his interior defense.

I accused Pop of playing Bogans too much because he thinks Bogans is Bruce Bowen 2.0, and Pop basically came out and said exactly that. What part of Bogans' play has supported the minutes he's gotten this season? Pop can't seem to justify getting the guy minutes at this point despite the fact that Roger Mason has stunk most of the season. That it's taken the coach most of the season and a historical number of starting lineups to come upon success with solutions that a lot of fans have been pointing out for months does nothing to lessen the "idiot" accusation.

What are you going to say if Mahinmi cracks the rotation in the next few weeks? You're pretty quickly running out of high ground, here. Make sure not to abandon the high horse you're on.

For an NBA coach, the difference between idiot and genius lies in small decisions, or between the decisions of 2006 and 2007. Pop is pretty steadily working his way back toward genius again as he rellies less on terrible players and microscopic lineups and starts implementing the changes many of us have suggested all year long. I'll be right there waving the :flag: for Pop if the bigger lineups continue and Bogans continues to transition to the 12th or 13th man on the rotation.

So basically your bandwagon fan of Pop. How conveinent. If the Spurs implode this season, you can always tell us that you thought all along Pop was an idiot. And if the Spurs make a run in the playoffs and have a great season, you can just switch back and say that Pop is one of the best coaches in the NBA.

jjktkk
03-15-2010, 02:40 PM
What are you going to say if Mahinmi cracks the rotation in the next few weeks?
Oh shit, there goes the season, better luck next year.

Obstructed_View
03-15-2010, 03:25 PM
So basically your bandwagon fan of Pop. How conveinent. If the Spurs implode this season, you can always tell us that you thought all along Pop was an idiot. And if the Spurs make a run in the playoffs and have a great season, you can just switch back and say that Pop is one of the best coaches in the NBA.

If it makes you feel better to say that, it's pretty clear from your track record that no amount of evidence to the contrary is going to change your mind. I'm not sure at which point you think I was no longer rooting for the Spurs, which would indicate some sort of bandwagon mentality, although I've never personally rooted for a coach, particularly not the way you seem to.

I said quite clearly that the difference between an idiot coach and a genius coach is small decisions that they make every day. Sometimes teams win despite the idiocy of their coach, and sometimes they lose despite the smart decisions the coach makes. In some cases, team performance can provide evidence that a decision by the coach was good or bad. I'm rooting for the Spurs no matter what, so I'd quite prefer that the coach make good decisions that help the team improve.

Obstructed_View
03-15-2010, 03:25 PM
Oh shit, there goes the season, better luck next year.

So basically, by your own logic, you're a bandwagon fan. How convenient.

jjktkk
03-15-2010, 04:11 PM
So basically, by your own logic, you're a bandwagon fan. How convenient.

Nope. I've been a Spurs fans since 1975. Whether their bad, or good, I'm always a Spurs fan. Always will be and the Spurs are the only NBA team I root for.

jjktkk
03-15-2010, 04:12 PM
If it makes you feel better to say that, it's pretty clear from your track record that no amount of evidence to the contrary is going to change your mind. I'm not sure at which point you think I was no longer rooting for the Spurs, which would indicate some sort of bandwagon mentality, although I've never personally rooted for a coach, particularly not the way you seem to.

I said quite clearly that the difference between an idiot coach and a genius coach is small decisions that they make every day. Sometimes teams win despite the idiocy of their coach, and sometimes they lose despite the smart decisions the coach makes. In some cases, team performance can provide evidence that a decision by the coach was good or bad. I'm rooting for the Spurs no matter what, so I'd quite prefer that the coach make good decisions that help the team improve.

You sure like to assume alot. When did I say you're not a Spurs fans?

Obstructed_View
03-15-2010, 06:41 PM
You sure like to assume alot. When did I say you're not a Spurs fans?

When you said that I'm a bandwagon fan of the coach. As I said, I don't root for coaches. I could give a shit about the coach unless he's doing something stupid like starting Keith Bogans or putting Richard Jefferson as the center to defend Amare Stoudemire. As soon as he stops doing that, I'm perfectly content to stop criticizing him.

poop
03-15-2010, 08:48 PM

wrong.
i am a fan of, and give most credit to, the great tim duncan and manu ginobili, and give them credit for our titles along with the invaluable play of key masters like tony parker, bruce bowen and robert horry.

with such Quality players it doesnt take an 'all time great coach' to excell (Pop has 'jokingly' said the same thing over the years, most recently saying if he doesnt succeed with this years roster he should be fired LOL'),
furthermore an 'all-time great coach' would not have sat hill for the 2nd half of last year and the playoffs until ti was to late, would not have discarded young energetic talent infavor of keeping useless dinosaurs on the roster, would not have made matt Bonner and Bogans 'centerpieces' of our team, starting them and playing them big minutes while superior players sit and watch from the bench, would not have traded a true shotblocking defensive center for NOTHING, the list goes on and on.

it was Pop(and he has admitted as much) riding the coattails of the great Duncan and the unique, invaluable play of such guys as manu and horry, not the other way around.

jjktkk
03-15-2010, 10:28 PM
wrong.
i am a fan of, and give most credit to, the great tim duncan and manu ginobili, and give them credit for our titles along with the invaluable play of key masters like tony parker, bruce bowen and robert horry.

with such Quality players it doesnt take an 'all time great coach' to excell (Pop has 'jokingly' said the same thing over the years, most recently saying if he doesnt succeed with this years roster he should be fired LOL'),
furthermore an 'all-time great coach' would not have sat hill for the 2nd half of last year and the playoffs until ti was to late, would not have discarded young energetic talent infavor of keeping useless dinosaurs on the roster, would not have made matt Bonner and Bogans 'centerpieces' of our team, starting them and playing them big minutes while superior players sit and watch from the bench, would not have traded a true shotblocking defensive center for NOTHING, the list goes on and on.

it was Pop(and he has admitted as much) riding the coattails of the great Duncan and the unique, invaluable play of such guys as manu and horry, not the other way around.

:rolleyes Gee, it takes great players to win. Wow, who knew? And I thought Phil Jackson, Pat Riley, and others were the reason their teams won championships.

poop
03-16-2010, 12:33 AM
:rolleyes Gee, it takes great players to win. Wow, who knew? And I thought Phil Jackson, Pat Riley, and others were the reason their teams won championships.

you said critics of Pop would jump on Pop's bandwagon if we started winning.
i said we never assigned credit to Pop for our titles but rather the players we had at the time- and now that we started with an extremely promising lineup but was hijacked by the stupid decisions/rotations/starting-lineups/'trades'/ giveaways/ random benchings by Pop that he is to blame for this team's monumental Underachieveing.

if you cant see this then you are a blind, stubborn homer.

jjktkk
03-16-2010, 01:09 AM
you said critics of Pop would jump on Pop's bandwagon if we started winning.
i said we never assigned credit to Pop for our titles but rather the players we had at the time- and now that we started with an extremely promising lineup but was hijacked by the stupid decisions/rotations/starting-lineups/'trades'/ giveaways/ random benchings by Pop that he is to blame for this team's monumental Underachieveing.

if you cant see this then you are a blind, stubborn homer.

Ah, Poopy pants I was having a one on one debate with Obstructed View, not you. So your 2 cents is not needed in this one buddy.

Flux451
03-16-2010, 01:18 AM

1. I think we are seeing Pop getting closer finalizing the playoff rotation. I think Malik is in.
2. I think Hairston already has supassed Mason in rotation. He has been entering recent games quicker.
3. Yes.

Wishful, yet somewhat factual thinking.

jjktkk
03-16-2010, 01:48 AM
1. I think we are seeing Pop getting closer finalizing the playoff rotation. I think Malik is in.
2. I think Hairston already has supassed Mason in rotation. He has been entering recent games quicker.
3. Yes.

Wishful, yet somewhat factual thinking.

I think Pop will go with the hot hand in the playoffs, be that Mason, or Hairston. Hairston definitely has played is way into the rotation IMO, but will Pop trust him enough to play him is the burning question?

ace3g
03-16-2010, 07:51 PM
Didn't like how Pop put Hairston in for 4 sec then took him back out, probably to do his typical let me yell at a players for making a mistake then putting said player back in. Hairston deserves more minutes the way he has been playing lately, and the last 3 games Pop has put him in at the beginning of the 2nd quarter, that didn't continue tonight against the Heat

ace3g
03-16-2010, 08:36 PM
this is what happens when Pop doesn't use the same rotations as the previous games, Hairston should have gotten some minutes at the beginning of the 2nd quarter like he did in the previous 2

Johnny RIngo
03-16-2010, 08:49 PM
Pop has been shooting himself in the foot against .500 teams all year long.

ace3g
03-16-2010, 08:52 PM
of course the biggest problem tonight with the rotations is that Bogans was playing well, damn "centerpiece" had to play well, ruined everything

Obstructed_View
03-17-2010, 11:36 AM
Ah, Poopy pants I was having a one on one debate with Obstructed View, not you. So your 2 cents is not needed in this one buddy.

Yeah, he's kicking your ass pretty good. Implying that he's somehow not allowed to be involved in the discussion is probably your best bet. :lol