PDA

View Full Version : Governing by Polls

George Gervin's Afro
03-14-2010, 08:45 AM
Should the President govern based on polls. Yes or No.

Darrin
03-14-2010, 09:14 AM
No. We founded a Republic based upon the idea that the candidate reveals what they think, feel, believe, and matching as much of the philosophy to our own within the bounds of the US Constitution. We are a Representative Democracy. For the President of the United States to shape policy by polling leads to unnuanced ideas because our information comes from what they release and how the debate is shaped. We're not experts on everything; we expect them to make it their job.

If we are going to govern by opinion polls, why not vote on measures (a bill) instead of voting on cadidates? Do away with Congress? That's essentially what you are asking for.

EmptyMan
03-14-2010, 09:48 AM
Should the President govern based on polls. Yes or No.

LOL, NO he should not cram this garbage health care bill down the throats of a country that does not want it.

George Gervin's Afro
03-14-2010, 10:11 AM
LOL, NO he should not cram this garbage health care bill down the throats of a country that does not want it.

Yes or no.

jack sommerset
03-14-2010, 11:10 AM
George, you really are fucking stupid. Health care has been talked about, polled, debated, etc..... for over a year now. 3-1 americans don't want it. God, you are dumb!

boutons_deux
03-14-2010, 12:02 PM
"3-1 americans don't want it."

You Lie.

I've got the cards, I call your lying bluff. Show your cards.

======

Govern by polls? no

Just like CA shouldn't govern itself into a shithole by referendum.

This US is no longer, hasn't been for a long time, a "representative democracy". Politicians are owned and/or intimidated by corporations, capitalists, tiny SIGs (NRA is 1% of US population), etc.

Voters are systematically disenfranchised, if not outright defrauded.

90% of the time, the politician (or TX judge) who spends the most, wins. And quid pro quo/bribery is in full operation.

America is too stupid and ignorant to be democracy, getting its education and info from the corporate and corporate-financed media.

George Gervin's Afro
03-14-2010, 02:04 PM
So none of the dead enders want to go on the record. I don't want the president to govern by polls regardless of party affiliation. I may not agree with who ever is president at the time but I sure as hell wouldn't want him/her wavering on public opinion. I knew you spineless cowards wouldn't answer. I can because I can emphatically state that no president should govern to popular opinion. I disliked Bush however I have respect for him because he did what he thought was right regardless of public opinion.

This isn't about the health care reform rather it's how do you want the president to govern. We all know the parrots don't want the healthcare legislation to pass... man up and answer the question.

George Gervin's Afro
03-14-2010, 02:06 PM
George, you really are fucking stupid. Health care has been talked about, polled, debated, etc..... for over a year now. 3-1 americans don't want it. God, you are dumb!

hey dumbass do you want any president to govern basing his decsions on polls.. pull your head out of your ass and answer the question. We know you don't want the healthcare legislation to pass so humor and us and let us know your answer.

word
03-15-2010, 10:35 AM
No, but it depends what the poll says. If he goes off the reservation too much, he'll get tossed from office and his party thrown out in the midterms....kinda like what we're gonna see here in the next two election cycles. You can go against the majority of people, but do so at your own peril.

George Gervin's Afro
03-15-2010, 11:51 AM
No, but it depends what the poll says. If he goes off the reservation too much, he'll get tossed from office and his party thrown out in the midterms....kinda like what we're gonna see here in the next two election cycles. You can go against the majority of people, but do so at your own peril.

I agree that if you do govern against the current political climate your party will suffer. I am not surprised that manyy on this board who cry about polls and that Obama is ingoring them won't go on the record to answer a very simple question.

Ok let's try it this way... let's talk about the next president..should they govern by public polls?...

Either you do or you don't it's not that hard of a question.

TeyshaBlue
03-15-2010, 01:23 PM
I agree that if you do govern against the current political climate your party will suffer. I am not surprised that manyy on this board who cry about polls and that Obama is ingoring them won't go on the record to answer a very simple question.

Ok let's try it this way... let's talk about the next president..should they govern by public polls?...

Either you do or you don't it's not that hard of a question.

No. The President will make his choices and I cannot affect them one way or the other. I do, ostensibly, hold sway with my Representative and Senator and if I were to voice my opinion on a public matter, they would be the avenue of that voice (the effectiveness of which is quite debatable)....not the President via a poll.