PDA

View Full Version : The Refs can KISS MY ASS!

SpursFanDan
05-02-2005, 11:42 PM
I'm about to have a heart attack... whats the deal with these fucking refs... they are calling everything the nuggets way... this is fucking ridiculous.. i cant believe that the shit nuggets would be gettin all of these calls.. just let them play damnit. I never complain about the refs.. but if i was a mass murderer... these three refs would be on the top of my list. gotta go.. i gotta take my heart medicine.

scott
05-02-2005, 11:47 PM
Quit whinning... the Nuggets are not getting every call... the refs are calling it ticky tack both ways.

warri0r
05-02-2005, 11:48 PM
our way? come on they are equally bad dude...

miller martin and melo all have four, whatever.

IX_Equilibrium
05-02-2005, 11:48 PM
yeah, I just wish they'd let them play ball

SpursFanDan
05-03-2005, 12:10 AM
bullshit to both posters after my post.. you must be watching a different game

all i can see is bullshit calls on us... what do you see?... 56 fouls is way too fucking many.

CrazyOne
05-03-2005, 12:12 AM
The last two fouls called against Tim were because the refs couldn't stand to see him without the same amount of fouls as the other bigs... so thoughtful of them.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-03-2005, 12:13 AM
I think the big outrage is that Bavetta doesn't bring along a can of vaseline for the who is winning the series when he calls the games.

Bavetta is the NBA's designated series extender.

SpursFanDan
05-03-2005, 12:14 AM
I live and die with the spurs as does every spurs fan on this board does... but this is killing me. the whistles have just been ridiculous

SpursFanDan
05-03-2005, 12:53 AM
now what do you have to say.. i'm still whining... or would you say that timmys sixth foul was a foul? we all know it wasnt....

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-03-2005, 01:07 AM
Unbelievable.

Experiment2100
05-03-2005, 01:08 AM
Barkley telling it like it is.

GoSpurs21
05-03-2005, 01:10 AM
despite the refs...see Barkleys comments....the Spurs prevail

Cant_Be_Faded
05-03-2005, 01:15 AM
My friend who watched the game on KENS said that Sean Elliot was scoffing at the refs on every single play, saying how they should get fined for this atrocious ref job and how Karl is basically a bitch for getting his way and it totally backfired on him

Sean Elliot freaking rules

Barkley even just said how this was the worst officiated game he had ever seen in his 20 years involved with the NBA

Sec24Row7
05-03-2005, 01:18 AM
What did Barkley say?

Obstructed_View
05-03-2005, 01:19 AM
Was it that bad? I'm not joking, I wasn't paying attention. I'll watch it later but was it more one sided than game 3?

SpursFanDan
That this was the worst officiating game that he has ever seen.

j_epsilon
FUCK the nba refs...arrogant "we are going to give david stern" ratings pieces of shits...that call on duncan's final foul was the epitome of how full of shit these guys are...y'all seen how fucking dirty those nuggets are man...buckner especially, smacking barry in the face...get out of here and go fishing you disgruntled nobody...

the refs NEVER give small-market teams the benefit of the doubt...e.g. timberwovles vs lakers in 2002's west conference finals...wolves totally got screwed...and this all is based on the fact that basketball is not a overall popular sport...consider football, everyone watches football, they want to see hits, no matter what teams are playing, also the refs never make bs calls based on the "popularity" of a player...however, basketball is not as entertaining as football, per se (this is unbiased because i like basketball more than football, this is just a fact)...and so the nba makes all these games high-rated, or "entertaining", soley because the referres moreso than determine the winner of the game...tonight, they tried to screw the spurs (no i'm not whining, i WILL point out every bs in the game tonight), but the spurs prevailed victorious thank goodness...

by the way, i didn't see what charles barkley said abou the spurs game and the officiating, can someone please perhaps quote him???

Cant_Be_Faded
05-03-2005, 01:20 AM
LOL yeah but this was worse than that flash....Duncan's 6th foul was the worst thing thats ever happened in terms of officiating in the history of the nba

even the tnt announcers were beginning to voice their opinions of this bull shit
and those guys hate spurs

Cant_Be_Faded
05-03-2005, 01:21 AM
its been quoted thrice

dav4463
05-03-2005, 01:23 AM
Do you think maybe the game was called so tight because of the C.Anthony cheap shot on M.Ginobli in the last game, and they didn't want it to get out of hand ?

j_epsilon
05-03-2005, 01:25 AM
its been quoted thrice

where? sorry...

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-03-2005, 01:25 AM
There was a 4 minute stretch of the third quarter where there was a foul called on every possession at both ends.

Pathetic.

Obstructed_View
05-03-2005, 01:26 AM
Do you think maybe the game was called so tight because of the C.Anthony cheap shot on M.Ginobli in the last game, and they didn't want it to get out of hand ?
Absolutely. That's what good officials do, but I'm surprised they did it. They also seemed to give the Nuggs some more home cookin', but they got that in game 3, in spite of the Nuggets' complaints.

He just accused Ginobili of flopping again. I thought Manu actually did a couple of real flops and they were FUCKING AWESOME.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-03-2005, 01:27 AM
what was the lamest part of it all is that the second the fourth quarter started it was like the refs collectively decided to start calling the game differently

no more fouls every play, but just bull shit calls on both sides of the floor

Man In Black
05-03-2005, 01:27 AM
Shit, I spend a whole day at a conference, go to a baseball game and come home and the game is still on. Foulfest is right.

SequSpur
05-03-2005, 01:28 AM
Shit, I spend a whole day at a conference, go to a baseball game and come home and the game is still on. Foulfest is right.

The only reason games are on this late is because of those dickweeds in California.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-03-2005, 01:31 AM
73 fouls and 91 free throws

That's ridiculous.

dav4463
05-03-2005, 01:34 AM
It might have been ugly and too many fouls were called, but that is to be expected in the game following a play when Carmello tried to hurt Manu intentionally. The refs just decided that these guys can't play without getting mad, so they tightened it up ...big time ! I ref high school ball, if I get two rival teams and they were involved in a fight the game before...you can bet the next game will be ugly and full of fouls. If it looks like a foul, call it, they will get the message..... knock out the rough dirty play, and we might let you play basketball.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-03-2005, 01:36 AM
dav4463 it wasnt consistent though

that free throw foul fest was only during like a 8 minute stretch of the 3rd quarter...then in the 4th they reverted back to just flat out random bad calls (for both teams)

SequSpur
05-03-2005, 01:37 AM
Referee Forum

Tres_Till_it_MHz
This game was awful to watch. No type of call consistancy and no flow whatsoever to the game.

The thing that pisses me off is the invisible barrier the NBA has over itself to shield any type of fan input towards any situation wheteher it be positive or in this case the horrible officiating both ways.

This shit aint happening next game, I can't wait to hear what Karl has got to say after this one

Mello = Untouchable WHat a freakin joke!!

Samr
Sean Elliot won't get fined for that, his ass will get a restraining order!

Seriously, Elliot was wanting to kill someone. I loved it!!!

my open letter to the NBA (http://p204.ezboard.com/fsanantoniospurs62937frm1.showMessage?topicID=1461 5.topic)

Obstructed_View
05-03-2005, 01:38 AM
Man I wish I could have heard that. Sean bleeds silver and black.

SequSpur
05-03-2005, 01:38 AM
Referee Forum

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-03-2005, 01:42 AM
If this game set officiating back 40 years that would take it back to about the start of game 4 tonight. Dear lord that thing went on forever. I thought the first half was fairly reasonable considering how things were verging on out of hand towards the end of game three, but that third quarter has got to be the most god awful display of foul callery I've ever seen. It honestly reminded me of a middle school basketball game I once played where the thing had to be called in the third because the damn refs called so many fouls that our opponents couldn't put five on the court anymore.

dav4463
05-03-2005, 01:49 AM
Yeah, it was ugly and inconsistent, but I really think they were just trying to keep control in a very intense game. I thought there were plenty of bad calls, but it went both ways. The refs weren't in a "zone" themselves I guess. It happens, refs have bad games too and this bunch didn't mesh well together. But in the end....Spurs 36 fouls 45 Free throws... Nuggets 37 fouls, 46 free throws I believe.....so it wasn't one-sided....just inconsistent both ways and the Spurs played through it and did not lose their composure and deserved the win.

Obstructed_View
05-03-2005, 01:52 AM
It might have been ugly and too many fouls were called, but that is to be expected in the game following a play when Carmello tried to hurt Manu intentionally. The refs just decided that these guys can't play without getting mad, so they tightened it up ...big time ! I ref high school ball, if I get two rival teams and they were involved in a fight the game before...you can bet the next game will be ugly and full of fouls. If it looks like a foul, call it, they will get the message..... knock out the rough dirty play, and we might let you play basketball.

Good insight.

Drachen
05-03-2005, 01:54 AM
no it doesn't. maybe only about 3years (see game 1 WCF 2003(100FTA)

i was there :vomit

(nudge, whisper)
Thats 2 years buddy.

also

Foul callery :lol classic

Mr. Body
05-03-2005, 01:55 AM
Bavetta just can't make it up and down the court anymore and has to whistle random fouls to catch his breath. He might also be blind.

Tres_Till_it_MHz
05-03-2005, 01:58 AM
Bavetta just can't make it up and down the court anymore and has to whistle random fouls to catch his breath. He might also be blind.

Hey I never thought of that, I think you are on to something there. Next thing we'll see is him bouncing around the hardwood with a suped up scooter.

SpursFanDan
05-03-2005, 02:29 AM
Hey I never thought of that, I think you are on to something there. Next thing we'll see is him bouncing around the hardwood with a suped up scooter.

one of those fucking segways...lol

Notorious H.O.P.
05-03-2005, 02:37 AM
I think the refs must have had a pot going to see who could make the most calls with a jackpot for who got away with the most boned up call of the night. But they had to bone it up on both sides and it's not as one-sided as everyone is claiming here. Don't get me wrong, the Spurs seemed to be on the wrong side of 60% of the bad calls but the Nuggets got close to their share of crap. It was the battle of good and evil. The evil refs were making bad calls against the Spurs and the good refs had to try to bring balance to the game by calling their share of bogus calls against the Nuggets. Karl called down the whistle thunder and he got it.

LilMissSPURfect
05-03-2005, 07:12 AM
WITH all the ticky tack fouls why werent there any real fouls called on the denver thugetts? There were at least 3 frustration/flagarant or technical fouls and none of them called t's? Why they still protecting them thugs......

travis2
05-03-2005, 07:25 AM
I can buy the "Bavetta is blind" theory...with a wide-open look at Bowen having a hot dog and a Coke waiting for Carmelo Anthony to blast into him...and call it a blocking foul...that was utterly unbelievable.

Spurminator
05-03-2005, 09:04 AM
That could have been a classic Playoff game, but I never want to watch it again.

CosmicCowboy
05-03-2005, 09:20 AM
Guys...we have got nothing to complain about compared to Houston...they were mugged, robbed and sodomized last night by the officials. That out of bounds steal by Finley and the call on Barry were beyond ridiculous...and clearly decided the outcome of the game...

Spurminator
05-03-2005, 09:30 AM
I agree... I'm certainly not complaining about the bias of the officials. All told, I think we got as fair treatment as can be expected on the road in the Playoffs (Duncan's 6th foul aside). It was just such a beating to watch...

Extra Stout
05-03-2005, 09:35 AM
Game 1 of the WCF in 2003 was worse than this. But this was bad -- not unexpected, but bad.

ctpsb
05-03-2005, 09:35 AM
I agree that Houston really got jobbed also. Duncan's fifth foul was BS, but if that wrist tap was a foul, how could the arm bar lock on Ginobili on the very next play not be a foul??!! That was insane.

That's the point. David Stern thinks he's being clever by keeping games close, but in the end he's going to lose the large audience he craves because many really are starting to question the legitimacy of the NBA.

SWC Bonfire
05-03-2005, 10:09 AM
Has anyone mentioned the fact that Tim probably didn't throw a fit on the total BS calls against him because he got used to it last summer with the FIBA refs?

I think I remember him stating that he would never complain about NBA officiating again. It looks like he's keeping his word.

He knows what all winners know - you gotta keep playing to win the game and adjust as well you can to how it is being called. You can't let bad officiating take your team out of the game. The sole person who is allowed to get a technical arguing calls in my book is Pop, it's his job.

CosmicCowboy
05-03-2005, 10:14 AM
Has anyone mentioned the fact that Tim probably didn't throw a fit on the total BS calls against him because he got used to it last summer with the FIBA refs?

I think I remember him stating that he would never complain about NBA officiating again. It looks like he's keeping his word.

He knows what all winners know - you gotta keep playing to win the game and adjust as well you can to how it is being called. You can't let bad officiating take your team out of the game. The sole person who is allowed to get a technical arguing calls in my book is Pop, it's his job.

excellent post...ditto from me...

travis2
05-03-2005, 10:56 AM

If you watched him after that foul...he had that disbelieving look on his face, started walking off the court...turned around and called his huddle...

THEN...as he turned back to the bench, he looked at one of the refs (off camera) and said "bullshit"...and walked away.

So he wasn't completely submissive and meek...he just didn't go KMart on them.

sa_butta
05-03-2005, 11:18 AM
love this headline

Spurs 126, Nuggets 115, Officials 73, OT
from WOAI
http://www.woai.com/spurs/story.aspx?content_id=24166F1C-D273-4AC1-B8F7-92E57757F4CC

Even with help Nuggets still couldnt pull it off
hahahaha :elephant