PDA

View Full Version : French village went insane after CIA spiked its bread with LSD

Vinnie_Johnson
03-14-2010, 08:37 PM
Frank Olson and the CIA's Secret Cold War Experiments.

One man tried to drown himself, screaming that his belly was being eaten by snakes. An 11-year-old tried to strangle his grandmother. Another man shouted: "I am a plane", before jumping out of a second-floor window, breaking his legs. He then got up and carried on for 50 yards. Another saw his heart escaping through his feet and begged a doctor to put it back. Many were taken to the local asylum in strait jackets...

Scientists at Fort Detrick told him that agents had sprayed LSD into the air and also contaminated "local foot products".

Mr Albarelli said the real "smoking gun" was a White House document sent to members of the Rockefeller Commission formed in 1975 to investigate CIA abuses. It contained the names of a number of French nationals who had been secretly employed by the CIA and made direct reference to the "Pont St. Esprit incident." In its quest to research LSD as an offensive weapon, Mr Albarelli claims, the US army also drugged over 5,700 unwitting American servicemen between 1953 and 1965

http://www.boingboing.net/2010/03/11/french-village-went.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+boingboing%2FiBag+%28Boing+Bo ing%29&utm_content=Twitter

whottt
03-14-2010, 08:53 PM
LSD doesn't make you insane.
It doesn't make you think you can fly.
It's not cut with rat poison.
It doesn't eat holes in your brain.
It doesn't destroy your chromosomes, alter your DNA, or make you sterile.

Etc.

Death In June
03-14-2010, 08:55 PM
You (the OP) don't actually believe that shit, do you?

Vinnie_Johnson
03-14-2010, 09:04 PM
You (the OP) don't actually believe that shit, do you?

It's the Club where you can post whatever I think it's good reading.:lol

TimothyLeary
03-14-2010, 09:14 PM
lsd doesn't make you insane.
It doesn't destroy your chromosomes, alter your dna, or make you sterile.

Etc.

+1

Wild Cobra
03-14-2010, 09:33 PM
LSD comes from the mold of some types of wheat.

Bread is made from wheat....

Expect us to believe this story?

How about tracing the source document instead of relying on someones interpretation of events. I simply don't believe it. This is one of those things that should be verified before accepting as fact.

Wild Cobra
03-14-2010, 09:35 PM
It's the Club where you can post whatever I think it's good reading.:lol
Should we rename the Club to "The Girl's Gossip Corner" for you?

Vinnie_Johnson
03-14-2010, 10:01 PM
Should we rename the Club to "The Girl's Gossip Corner" for you?

LOL I should of just posted the I have big balls thread I was going to.:lol

koriwhat
03-14-2010, 10:34 PM
LSD doesn't make you insane.
It doesn't destroy your chromosomes, alter your DNA, or make you sterile.

Etc.

although i do agree with most everything here i dont agree with one thing...

if lsd made me think i was in rode rash 3dO game, grass growing in front of my eyes, seeing a desert in black n white in my living room while my friend looked like the dude from all those megadeth covers as well as my cats whiskers reaching the far ends of my room then i suppose you might believe you can fly but i never thought i could fly.

lsd is a wonderful drug as well as a crazy scary drug.

4>0rings
03-14-2010, 10:45 PM
Noooooo... the government is way to honest to do anything like this.

marini martini
03-14-2010, 10:59 PM
Noooooo... the government is way to honest to do anything like this.

...............and I am the egg man, goo goo ga joob.

baseline bum
03-14-2010, 11:06 PM
I have never had any kind of experience even remotely like that when dropping acid.

koriwhat
03-14-2010, 11:17 PM
I have never had any kind of experience even remotely like that when dropping acid.

haha ive had plenty of crazy ass experiences on lsd. wild shit that cant be explained. id have to say i believe a little of it. i will never believe those who claim someone they knew thought they were a glass of orange juice, tipped over and died. hahaha ive heard that shit too many times and laughed about it too many times.

4>0rings
03-14-2010, 11:29 PM
I have never had any kind of experience even remotely like that when dropping acid.Cause y0 shit was wack.

baseline bum
03-14-2010, 11:31 PM
Maybe you got sold some shitty PCP or something.

Cyrano
03-14-2010, 11:35 PM
The article fails to mention that, being French, the village immediately surrendered to Timothy Leary.