PDA

View Full Version : The Official bracket thread

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-15-2010, 12:28 PM
Discuss everything bracket related in this thread. My beginning thoughts:

Am I only the only person who thinks picking a team to win it all with a leading scorer that's not even 6 feet tall a little dangerous? Does anyone honestly see 5'11" Sharon Collins winning the matchup with John Wall if Kentucky and Kansas meet in the championship?
The South region might be the weakest region in NCAA tournament history. Seriously, any other year and this year's Duke team doesn't sniff a 1 seed, and all the other teams either have question marks or are teams that don't give you any reason to pick them.
The teams just seem way weaker than usual this year. Seems like there could be more upsets this year, which is a good thing. Years like 2007 when everyone and their mother picked Florida vs. Ohio State in the championship are somewhat boring.

Post your thoughts. I'm having trouble with my bracket this year so I wanna see what other people think.

clambake
03-15-2010, 12:31 PM
uh oh

The Gemini Method
03-15-2010, 12:35 PM
Well, you have to factor in that Sharon Collins has the size to back him up in Aldrich and a freshman stud in Xavi Henry to counter a team with 3 Freshman starters (Kentucky). So, yes, experience will probably win out if those two were to meet. However, I don't know if I would be surprised if Kentucky gets picked off. It is a bit more gut-wrenching in the NCAA Tournament and unlike the last time Calipari had a freshman leading the way (Rose), there isn't a senior (C.Douglas-Roberts) to provide steady leadership.

Duke may actually have a tough road to reach the Final Four. The Wildcats of Villanova beat them the last time they faced off and it looks like they'll definitely meet-up again barring a major upset.

With nearly 21 Championships not represented in this year's tourney, (UCLA, North Carolina, Indiana, and Connecticut), it is as wild as it could be. I won't be surprised if you see only one No. 1 seed represented in the Final Four. However, when it is all said and done Kansas should come out victorious. This will re-establish the blueblood tradition per norm.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-15-2010, 12:44 PM
I'm sure the experience will win out. Just like 5'11" DJ Augustin's experience won out when he played Derrick Rose.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-15-2010, 12:54 PM
The Wildcats of Villanova beat them the last time they faced off and it looks like they'll definitely meet-up again barring a major upset.

Ya think? IMO, Villanova is a pretty weak 2 seed. They didn't even limp into the tournament, they were put on a stretcher and carried into the tournament on life support. I agree that we could see plenty of wild upsets, there are a lot of powerhouses missing this year.

The Gemini Method
03-15-2010, 12:59 PM
I'm sure the experience will win out. Just like 5'11" DJ Augustin's experience won out when he played Derrick Rose.

Ty Lawson did alright being a 5'11 PG last year as well. Sharron Collins is somewhere in between Augustin and definitely behind Rose. The Jayhawks, if they make it, will have gone through the toughest bracket in this year's tournament and will have been heavily tested. I guess we'll have to see what unfolds in the tourney.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-15-2010, 01:09 PM
Well Lawson wasn't the leading scorer on his team. About Kansas' bracket it's pretty stupid how hard it is compared to Duke's. Ohio State finished the season 13-1 while Villanova finished 4-7. How the hell is Villanova a 2 seed while Georgetown is a 3 seed? It's not even a question which team is more dangerous.

The Gemini Method
03-15-2010, 01:13 PM
Georgetown is sneaky dangerous and should've been a 2, but then again West Virginia could've been the 4th number 1 since they were hotter coming in than Syracuse was. It will be a wild tourney this year and the hope is that Cornell will go far lol. Sad state of affairs for the mighty Pac-10 when you have the neophytes like Cal and Washington representing and not UCLA and Arizona...

DBryant88
03-15-2010, 01:16 PM
wrong forum

The Gemini Method
03-15-2010, 01:16 PM
Well Lawson wasn't the leading scorer on his team. About Kansas' bracket it's pretty stupid how hard it is compared to Duke's. Ohio State finished the season 13-1 while Villanova finished 4-7. How the hell is Villanova a 2 seed while Georgetown is a 3 seed? It's not even a question which team is more dangerous.

Yeah he wasn't their leading scorer, but turned out to be their best player throughout the tornament. It will be interesting to see how it plays out and I do have Kentucky vs. Kansas in one of my brackets. The other one I have a wilder scenario with Ohio St. playing West Virginia. I think Evan Turner is going to try to elevate his game even further and go on one of those tourney runs.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-15-2010, 01:17 PM
wrong forum

I don't feel like hearing JohnGatesWhitley talk about how Texas A&M is the clear favorite to win it all or about how 90210 thinks Texas is better than Kentucky so I put it in this forum.

John Hollinger
03-15-2010, 01:33 PM
If you adjust the point differential for teams on the east coast traveling by foot to the airport and subsequently flying in planes that have suboptimal fuel usage to compensate for nitrogen displacement inside of the arena that allows the ball to travel more efficiently for players who consume 200% of their daily zince needs, the numbers clearly show that Clemson, with a point/substratosphere rating of 110.22938, is the favorite to win the championship.

Ghazi
03-15-2010, 01:51 PM
bandwagon college basketball fan for hire. who should i cheer for fellas? Im drinkin the WVU and KSU kool aid right now :)

Ghazi
03-15-2010, 01:53 PM
this john hollinger troll is so funny :lol

dirk4mvp
03-15-2010, 01:55 PM
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/object3/1426/65/n56934196373_5259.jpg

imho

The Gemini Method
03-15-2010, 01:56 PM
I'm surprised that Hollinger didn't say that if Mississippi St. got in, they would roll through the tourney...

DesignatedT
03-15-2010, 01:56 PM
Texas A&M will go to the final four.

LA24
03-15-2010, 01:58 PM
If you adjust the point differential for teams on the east coast traveling by foot to the airport and subsequently flying in planes that have suboptimal fuel usage to compensate for nitrogen displacement inside of the arena that allows the ball to travel more efficiently for players who consume 200% of their daily zince needs, the numbers clearly show that Clemson, with a point/substratosphere rating of 110.22938, is the favorite to win the championship.

:lol :tu

DesignatedT
03-15-2010, 02:07 PM

:lol

Bukefal
03-15-2010, 03:07 PM
A lot of dangerous teams, and possibly a lot upsets. Tough filling the bracket this time.

dirk4mvp
03-15-2010, 07:16 PM
I'm surprised that Hollinger didn't say that if Mississippi St. got in, they would roll through the tourney...

They definitely got snubbed.

JoeTait75
03-15-2010, 07:29 PM
I kind of feel for Cornell. They go 27-4, lose one game in their conference (granted it's the Ivy League, but still), take Kansas down to the wire in the Phog, and their reward is a #12 seed and a first-round match-up with Temple, pretty much the last team you want to see at any point in the Tournament. I would have liked to see Cornell get a #11 and a better match-up.

Any major upsets brewing? Montana over New Mexico in the 14-3 out West? We haven't seen a 14-3 upset since 2006, which is an unusually long time.

I think Evan Turner is going to try to elevate his game even further and go on one of those tourney runs.

Gonna be tough with no bench and an idiot at head coach (I don't think particularly highly of Thad Matta.) The Buckeyes have very little margin for error. If Turner is even average instead of great they can lose to just about anyone.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-20-2010, 06:54 PM
However, when it is all said and done Kansas should come out victorious.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

badfish22
03-20-2010, 07:16 PM
UNI just fucked shit up.

redzero
03-20-2010, 07:30 PM
Hollinger proving that he knows his stuff once again.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
03-20-2010, 08:48 PM
:lol:lol this Hollinger troll is great

MavDynasty
03-20-2010, 08:51 PM
crofl jayhawks

noob cake
03-20-2010, 09:38 PM
Brackets doesn't exist anymore. 99% are dead.

For 99% of the pool, whoever have the right final match-up and winner wins the pool.

Anyways, Duke vs Ohio State final. Brian Zoubek MVP

Ed Lover
03-20-2010, 11:04 PM
However, when it is all said and done Kansas should come out victorious. This will re-establish the blueblood tradition per norm.

C'mon Son!!!!

Cuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhmonnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!