PDA

View Full Version : Nate McMillans hand dealt vs Poppycocks

Fabbs
03-15-2010, 01:04 PM
Injuries Nate McMillan has had to deal with vs Greg "Lord Poppycock" Finley-Bonner-now Bogans sniffing Popovich.

After Sunday's game, the Blazers' games missed due to injuries stands at 280. T-Park and family can you give us the games missed by Spurs?

http://www.columbian.com/weblogs/blazerbanter/2010/jan/21/column-missed-games-pile-blazers-continue-overachi/

Spurs 39-25 8 games back
Blazers 41-28 8 1/2 games back

Blazers 3-0 vs Poppycock this season.

Bandwidth savers:
1. We know Pop has coatailed his way to 4 titles. Feel free to repeat.
2. I hope the Spurs do still succede this season. Perhaps Pop will go into a coma and a real coach will insert the correct lineups and we will give a run at the 2010 title.

exstatic
03-15-2010, 01:34 PM
The only number in the standings that matters is the loss column. Games not yet played can be won or lost, but games already lost can never be made up, and you have to hope that the team ahead of you loses them. We're ahead of both POR and PHX in the loss column.

As for Portland's plight, that's what you get for drafting Mr. Glass and trading for Cotton Camby. Roy, for a young guy, is also pretty injury prone.

exstatic
dp

Whisky Dog
Pop was an excellent coach with what he and RC built before, but an absolutely shitty coach with the diminished talent level he has now. His main problem is integrating many new faces and youth in transition. He just doesn't do it well.

exstatic
03-15-2010, 01:36 PM
Pop was an excellent coach with what he and RC built before, but an absolutely shitty coach with the diminished talent level he has now. His main problem is integrating many new faces and youth in transition. He just doesn't do it well.

That's ANY coach!!! Phil Jackson went out in the first round two years in a row before they stole Gasol.

DesignatedT
03-15-2010, 01:45 PM
That's ANY coach!!! Phil Jackson went out in the first round two years in a row before they stole Gasol.

yep and that was with a prime kobe bryant.

Dr. Gonzo
03-15-2010, 01:48 PM
Isaih Thomas is a better coach than Pop.

exstatic
03-15-2010, 01:53 PM
Isaih Thomas is a better coach than Pop.

Fail.

Dr. Gonzo
03-15-2010, 01:57 PM
Fail.

It's the truth. If Isaih Thomas was the coach of the Spurs from 1999-2007 he would have 4 titles also. Pop did NOTHING but ride coat tails.

DesignatedT
03-15-2010, 02:02 PM
It's the truth. If Isaih Thomas was the coach of the Spurs from 1999-2007 he would have 4 titles also. Pop did NOTHING but ride coat tails.

:rolleyes

Dr. Gonzo
03-15-2010, 02:03 PM
Isaih would be smart enough to play Ian Mahinmi. He is a 7 footer that ALTERS SHOTS.

DesignatedT
03-15-2010, 02:06 PM
Isaih would be smart enough to play Ian Mahinmi. He is a 7 footer that ALTERS SHOTS.

:lol mahinmi. so sick of hearing about this bum.

Dr. Gonzo
03-15-2010, 02:11 PM
:lol mahinmi. so sick of hearing about this bum.

He's no bum. He has hustle and energy. If Popoidiot would play him the Spurs would be reliving the twin towers days. That's why Popodumbass is a terrible coach.

Trainwreck2100
03-15-2010, 02:15 PM
He's no bum. He has hustle and energy. If Popoidiot would play him the Spurs would be reliving the twin towers days. That's why Popodumbass is a terrible coach.

flawless logic and a logic without flaw

admiralsnackbar
03-15-2010, 02:18 PM
:lol mahinmi. So sick of hearing about this bum.

+1

jjktkk
03-15-2010, 02:22 PM
Dr. Gonzo, are you a real doctor? From reading some of your posts, its seems like your more of a pharmacist who likes to take his work home than a doctor.

HarlemHeat37
03-15-2010, 02:24 PM
Dr. Gonzo is being sarcastic, I'm surprised so few have caught on to it..he's been doing it in multiple threads..

Dr. Gonzo
03-15-2010, 02:25 PM
Dr. Gonzo, are you a real doctor? From reading some of your posts, its seems like your more of a pharmacist who likes to take his work home than a doctor.

Why? Have you ever played organized ball? If you had you would know it is important to get into a rhythm and Poporetard doesn't let Mahinmi get into a rhythm. If he would play him more minutes he would be an all-NBA defender. HE ALTERS SHOTS AND HUSTLES! PopobelownormalIQ must be drunk all the time to not realize that.

DesignatedT
03-15-2010, 02:30 PM
Dr. Gonzo is being sarcastic, I'm surprised so few have caught on to it..he's been doing it in multiple threads..

oh :lol. hard to catch on when so many on this board speak the exact same way.

NFGIII
03-15-2010, 02:54 PM
1. We know Pop has coatailed his way to 4 titles. Feel free to repeat.

About the only coach that I could really think of recently that coattailed his way to a title in major pro sports would be Barry Switzer with the Cowboys. That team was handed to him courtesy of Jimmy Johnson along with Jerry Jones's arrogance. No head coach wins 4 major titles by just "being there". Yes, I know the players actually score the points to win the games but lack of good coaching will almost guarantee that they wont get a ring. And just because you are a good/great player doesn't mean you understand how to set up the correct play when needed. All you have to do is review the coaching histories of Isiah: literally destoryed the CBA and the NYK single handedly / John Lucas: how deep of a run did he have with the Spurs? / McHale: TWolves - enough said / or look into Elgin Baylor's ability to draft talent with the Clippers.

There is a little more to winning championships then just having the right/great players.

I haven't been a fan of Pop's coaching this year but it's not like he doesn't know anything, which seems to be your mantra.

jjktkk
03-15-2010, 02:55 PM
Why? Have you ever played organized ball? If you had you would know it is important to get into a rhythm and Poporetard doesn't let Mahinmi get into a rhythm. If he would play him more minutes he would be an all-NBA defender. HE ALTERS SHOTS AND HUSTLES! PopobelownormalIQ must be drunk all the time to not realize that.

Yes I have played organized ball. In a perfect world, a young guy trying to make his way can get plenty of playing time to showcase his talents, but when its tough finding minutes, you got to make the most of whatever minutes the coach throws your way. Mahimni only plays garbage minutes IMO, because although the physical talent has always been there, he still is prone to making rookie mistakes. I just haven't seen Mahimni make any kind of progression. You would of thought after the NJ game Mahimni looked like he finally arrived, but the next few times he played, Mahimni reverted back to his old ways. If Mahimni aspires to be anything, he will have to show it on another team. Now Doc, you need to ease up on the meds.

Fabbs
03-15-2010, 02:55 PM
Dr. T_Park,
I dunno, even Isaiah might not be able to get lineups with 3-4 HOFs and the league MVP into the Championships.

Pop rules!

jjktkk
03-15-2010, 02:56 PM
about the only coach that i could really think of recently that coattailed his way to a title in major pro sports would be barry switzer with the cowboys. That team was handed to him courtesy of jimmy johnson along with jerry jones's arrogance. No head coach wins 4 major titles by just "being there". Yes, i know the players actually score the points to win the games but lack of good coaching will almost guarantee that they wont get a ring. And just because you are a good/great player doesn't mean you understand how to set up the correct play when needed. All you have to do is review the coaching histories of isiah: Literally destoryed the cba and the nyk single handedly / john lucas: How deep of a run did he have with the spurs? / mchale: Twolves - enough said / or look into elgin baylor's ability to draft talent with the clippers.

There is a little more to winning championships then just having the right/great players.

I haven't been a fan of pop's coaching this year but it's not like he doesn't know anything, which seems to be your mantra.

+1

jjktkk
03-15-2010, 02:57 PM

Ah, Dr. Gonzo, the 2nd coming of SequSpur. Well this should be fun.

TJastal
03-15-2010, 03:13 PM
Yes I have played organized ball. In a perfect world, a young guy trying to make his way can get plenty of playing time to showcase his talents, but when its tough finding minutes, you got to make the most of whatever minutes the coach throws your way. Mahimni only plays garbage minutes IMO, because although the physical talent has always been there, he still is prone to making rookie mistakes. I just haven't seen Mahimni make any kind of progression. You would of thought after the NJ game Mahimni looked like he finally arrived, but the next few times he played, Mahimni reverted back to his old ways. If Mahimni aspires to be anything, he will have to show it on another team. Now Doc, you need to ease up on the meds.

Yah, 5 years in the league now and the guy still can't cut it huh

jjktkk
03-15-2010, 04:15 PM
Yah, 5 years in the league now and the guy still can't cut it huh

Yep, pretty much.

TJastal
03-15-2010, 04:27 PM
Yep, pretty much.

:lmao

Dr. Gonzo
03-15-2010, 05:16 PM
Dr. T_Park,
I dunno, even Isaiah might not be able to get lineups with 3-4 HOFs and the league MVP into the Championships.

Pop rules!

I see your point. To be a great coach one must have nothing but scrubs on your team. Phil Jackson and Red Auerbach were just a couple of coattail riders as well.

SequSpur
03-15-2010, 11:54 PM
Its amazing that Exstatic still toes the company sr.com line that pop is fuckin great...

get real already....

Look...

let's talk about Mahinmi....dude is not good, dude can't run, dude runs out to guard point guards and forgets where the fuck he is supposed to be in the defense....

so whose fault is that? RC or Pop?

If Pop doesn't play him, he should be fired.
If Pop does play him, he should be fired.

So Pop should be fired...or the fall guy?

This team is so fucked up.

jjktkk
03-16-2010, 01:18 AM
Its amazing that Exstatic still toes the company sr.com line that pop is fuckin great...

get real already....

Look...

let's talk about Mahinmi....dude is not good, dude can't run, dude runs out to guard point guards and forgets where the fuck he is supposed to be in the defense....

so whose fault is that? RC or Pop?

If Pop doesn't play him, he should be fired.
If Pop does play him, he should be fired.

So Pop should be fired...or the fall guy?

This team is so fucked up.

Don't see pop getting fired anytime soon. But as far as Mahimni goes, he was a project to begin with when he was drafted. Hes a good athlete, so maybe he catches on with another team.

itzsoweezee
03-16-2010, 03:06 AM
the spurs are absolutely stacked with talent. this is probably the most talented roster from 1-12 in the duncan era. popovich has them barely making the playoffs.

quit copping pleas for the guy. he's made irrational decision after irrational decision. he's simply lost it.