PDA

View Full Version : Final Standings Projection - 18 games left

DesignatedT
03-15-2010, 04:03 PM
Was just messing around and looking at the schedules then found myself predicting the remaining games of the playoff teams and figured id post what I came up with.
obviously this is just my opinion on how things will work out barring any team going on a 10 game win streak or anything like that, which i doubt will happen.

L.A Lakers games remaining:16
@Golden State W
@Sacramento W
Minnesota W
Washington W
@San Antonio L
@OKC L
@Houston W
@New Orleans W
@Atlanta L
Utah W
San Antonio W
@Denver L
@Minnesota W
Portland W
Sacramento W
@Clippers W

Stretch: 12-4
Final Record: 60-22

Denver Nuggets games remaining: 16
@Houston W
Washington W
New Orleans L
Milwaukee W
@New York W
@Boston W
@Toronto W
@Orlando L
@Dallas L
Portland W
Clippers W
@OKC W
LA Lakers W
San Antonio W
Memphis W
Phoenix L

Stretch: 12-4
Final Record: 57-25

Dallas Mavericks Games Remaining:15
Chicago W
Boston W
@New Orleans W
Clippers W
@Portland L
@Golden State W
Denver W
@Memphis L
Orlando W
OKC W
Memphis W
@Portland L
@Sacramento W
@Clippers W
San Antonio L

Stretch: 11-4
Final Record: 56-26

Utah Jazz Games Remaining: 16
Washington W
Minnesota W
@Phoenix L
New Orleans W
Boston L
@Toronto L
@Indiana W
@Washington W
New York W
Golden State W
@LA Lakers L
OKC W
@Houston W
@New Orleans L
@Golden State W
Phoenix W

Stretch: 11-5
Final Record: 53-29

Phoenix Suns Games Remaining: 15
Minnesota W
Utah W
Portland W
@Golden State W
New York W
@Minnesota W
@Chicago L
@New Jersey W
@Detroit W
@Milwaukee L
San Antonio L
@OKC L
Houston W
Denver W
@Utah L

Stretch: 10-5
Final Record: 51-31

Oklahoma City Thunder Games Remaining: 17
@Charlotte L
@Toronto W
@Indiana W
San Antonio L
Houston W
LA Lakers L
Portland W
@Philadelphia W
@Boston L
@Dallas L
Minnesota W
@Utah L
Denver L
Phoenix W
@Golden State W
@Portland L
Memphis W

Stretch: 9-8
Final Record: 50-32

San Antonio Spurs Games Remaining: 18
@Miami W
@Orlando L
Golden State W
@Atlanta L
@OKC W
LA Lakers W
Cleveland W
@Boston L
@New Jersey W
Houston W
Orlando L
@LA Lakers L
@Sacramento W
@Phoenix W
Memphis W
@Denver L
Minnesota W
@Dallas W

Stretch: 12-6

Portland Blazers Games Remaining: 13
Washington W
@Phoenix L
Dallas W
@New Orleans L
@OKC L
New York W
@Denver L
@Sacramento W
@Clippers W
Dallas W
@LA Lakers L
OKC W
Golden State W

Stretch: 8-5
Final Record: 49-33

So After all this i had my final standing as the following:

1. L.A Lakers 60-22
2. Denver Nuggets 57-25
3. Dallas Mavericks 56-26
4. Utah Jazz 53-29
5. San Antonio Spurs 51-31 (having the tiebreaker over phoenix)
6. Phoenix Suns 51-31
7. Oklahoma City 50-32
8. Portland 49-33

anyways, whatever happens it looks like its going to be a tight end to the regular season and pretty exciting. Do you guys think it will turn out different?

Halberto
03-15-2010, 04:06 PM
I hope thats the way it works out

TIMMYD!
03-15-2010, 04:10 PM
I believe this is the only chance of getting out of the first round. Although the Jazz have owned us in the regular season, we match up best with them.

TJastal
03-15-2010, 04:19 PM
I think the jazz would be the worst team the spurs could face in the 1st round. Boozer has totally owned us and we have nobody that can guard Williams. Call it Jerry Sloan karma or whatever but drawing the jazz in the 1st round will = death.

For me its either the suns or mavs being the optimal 1st round opponents, as long as Haywood continues to have back problems. Without a 100% Haywood and no Gooden the spurs should be able to dominate their interior.

DesignatedT
03-15-2010, 04:21 PM
I think the jazz would be the worst team the spurs could face in the 1st round. Boozer has totally owned us and we have nobody that can guard Williams. Call it Jerry Sloan karma or whatever but drawing the jazz in the 1st round will = death.

For me its either the suns or mavs being the optimal 1st round opponents, as long as Haywood continues to have back problems. Without a 100% Haywood and no Gooden the spurs should be able to dominate their interior.

i just want to avoid denver. i think if the spurs continue to improve we can hang in a series with utah,phoenix or dallas. if we end up sitting in this 7 spot and drawing denver we have absolutely no chance. imo.

baseline bum
03-15-2010, 04:34 PM
Crap. I see the Spurs going .500 or so against that schedule, which puts them at 48 wins and in a dogfight with Portland to escape a first-round matchup with LA (and the Blazers have the tiebreaker).

DesignatedT
03-15-2010, 04:42 PM
Crap. I see the Spurs going .500 or so against that schedule, which puts them at 48 wins and in a dogfight with Portland to escape a first-round matchup with LA (and the Blazers have the tiebreaker).

oklahoma city doesnt have a cakewalk for a schedule either. i think they will be right around where we are when its all said and done.

smeagol
03-15-2010, 05:46 PM
Believe!

I see a 14 - 4 in our near future . . .

FeZZy
03-15-2010, 05:53 PM
Honestly if anything I want the 6 seed because if we do beat utah we have the lakers in the second round which does not help so dallas FIRST ROUND, denver SECOND, los angeles THIRD

murpjf88
03-15-2010, 06:04 PM
The jazz would be a terrible first round draw. like TJastal said, the Spurs have no answer for Boozer or Milsap and the perimeter defense is crap. In order to beat Utah, you must take away either the inside attack of Boozer and Milsap or take away the three point shooters. They also have no way of containing Deron Wiliams. He gets into the paint with ease and completely breaks down the Spurs D.

In the past, the spurs could rely on their defense and would take advantage of Utah's inexperience to get them through. The Spurs could also rely on home court advantage, a place that spelled doom for the Jazz who dropped 16 meetings coming into the season.

Utah's defense has dramatically improved this year. They are no longer the offensive door mat they once were. The Spurs dominence over the jazz is over. The Spurs best chance to get out of the first round would be Dallas. Even with the additions of Butler and Haywood, they have a tendency to play down to the level of their competition. They also go in shooting droughts that can last five or six minutes at a time.

Jimcs50
03-15-2010, 06:37 PM
@Miami W
@Orlando L
Golden State W
@Atlanta L
@OKC W
LA Lakers W
Cleveland W
@Boston L
@New Jersey W
Houston W
Orlando L
@LA Lakers L
@Sacramento W
@Phoenix W
Memphis W
@Denver L
Minnesota W
@Dallas W

:p:

think you're off by 4 games, my homer friend.:)

exstatic
03-15-2010, 06:48 PM
I don't care about the Jazz at all. What was our record against Houston in 1995? Oh, yeah, it was 4-0, and THEY KICKED OUR FUCKING ASSES in the playoffs.

Regular season means shit. The Jazz are the best matchup, end to end, for the Spurs. The rosters have also changed a bit. We don't have Finley any more (addition by subtraction), and they don't have Brewer (subtraction by subtraction).

urunobili
03-15-2010, 07:00 PM
First round Nugs
Second round Lakers
WCF Mavs

to then lose tot he Cavs in the Finals.. :depressed

spursfaninla
03-15-2010, 07:15 PM
First round Nugs
Second round Lakers
WCF Mavs

to then lose tot he Cavs in the Finals.. :depressed

Um, that is impossible, b/c lakers will be 1 seed, nugs 2nd, dallas 3rd. So, if we beat the nugs, we were 7th seed. Lakers will play 4/5, and we will play the winners of the 3/6 bracket, prob. dallas, if we somehow did beat the nuggs.

spurs10
03-15-2010, 07:27 PM
I don't care about the Jazz at all. What was our record against Houston in 1995? Oh, yeah, it was 4-0, and THEY KICKED OUR FUCKING ASSES in the playoffs.

Regular season means shit. The Jazz are the best matchup, end to end, for the Spurs. The rosters have also changed a bit. We don't have Finley any more (addition by subtraction), and they don't have Brewer (subtraction by subtraction).
Yes...and we have to be peaking at the right time. TP's ability to get up to speed will play an important role, but it's completely feasible we give somebody trouble (hopefully several teams) in the playoffs.

TJastal
03-15-2010, 08:44 PM

More brilliant analysis from our resident numbnuts exstatic.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/199501130HOU.html

That final game the rockets almost won too, they had just acquired Clyde Drexler who also scored 29 points in that game. The Drexler trade tipped the scales in the rockets' favor esp once he gelled with that team heading into the playoffs.

Mr.Robinson
03-15-2010, 08:48 PM
Honestly if anything I want the 6 seed because if we do beat utah we have the lakers in the second round which does not help so dallas FIRST ROUND, denver SECOND, los angeles THIRD

The sooner they play LA the better. They'll be less tired and banged up.

DesignatedT
03-15-2010, 08:54 PM
The sooner they play LA the better. They'll be less tired and banged up.

but then we lose the chance of someone else knocking them out... which seems pretty plausible at this point.

Killakobe81
03-15-2010, 09:16 PM

CORRECTION. Duncan will be able to dominate their interior ...

TJastal
03-15-2010, 09:25 PM
CORRECTION. Duncan will be able to dominate their interior ...

CONFIRMED: You are a douche. Duncan, Blair, McDyess will dominate their interior.

Spurs7794
03-15-2010, 09:35 PM
I'm surprised by how many people want to play Dallas...they always play their hardest against us and it would be painful to lose to them again (we are not better than them this year). I'd rather play Utah (who despite dominating us, I don't feel like they are that great, we lost once early on to them, then once without Parker or Ginobili, one game we lost in the last 20 seconds, and one game, we just shat the bed against them). If not Utah, then Denver because I don't think they are mentally tough outside of Billups.

Flux451
03-16-2010, 01:09 AM
Spurs need the 5th or 6th spot for any hope. Jazz or Nuggs.

I just can't believe that schedule. Tough

sook
03-16-2010, 01:24 AM
the spurs can beat the jazz easily.

boutons_deux
03-16-2010, 02:17 AM
After Mon 15 Mar games, Spurs open in DEN where Nuggs are a very tough 28-5, meaning the Spurs would probably come back to SA 0-2.

But if DAL gets 2nd (Kenyon Martin misses a lot more games), then SA opens in AA, then comes back to SA with DAL being the strongest road team in WC at 22-12.

Yet Another Crazy Log WC Jam with 7th seed Spurs only 1 L behind 4th seed Jazz.

mountainballer
03-16-2010, 03:52 AM
if the Spurs in fact finish 12-6 on this schedule, we wouldn't need to talk if we better meet Nuggets, Jazz or Mavs. because a 12-6 would mean Spurs are that good again, that they can beat either team.
unfortunately a 12-6 isn't very realistic. I think we could even rave about a 10-8. (7th place, meet the Mavs in the 1st round, out on 2-4)
a 9-9 also might happen. (8th place, meet the Lakers, out on 1-4)

btw. I also agree that the Jazz would be our best chance, no matter how we did in the RS. (3 of the 4 losses were close enough to not talk about a totally dominant performance by the Jazz.)
the x-factor against Jazz would be Manu playing like he did in the last weeks. if he had played at this level the months before, the RS series against the Jazz would be 2-2.

qiuyizeng
03-16-2010, 04:33 AM
I only hope spursVsdallas,you go to ask manu,he love it too.

Rummpd
03-16-2010, 06:47 AM
LAL
DAL
Den
Okies
Utah
Spurs 51-31 (12-6)
Suns
Blazers

Agloco
03-16-2010, 08:35 AM
Was just messing around and looking at the schedules then found myself predicting the remaining games of the playoff teams and figured id post what I came up with.
obviously this is just my opinion on how things will work out barring any team going on a 10 game win streak or anything like that, which i doubt will happen.

@Miami W
@Orlando L
Golden State W
@Atlanta L
@OKC W
LA Lakers W
Cleveland W
@Boston L
@New Jersey W
Houston W
Orlando L
@LA Lakers L
@Sacramento W
@Phoenix W
Memphis W
@Denver L
Minnesota W
@Dallas W

Do you guys think it will turn out different?

:lmao

Ummmmm..yeah, 48-34. At best.

TFloss32
03-16-2010, 11:52 AM
:lmao

Ummmmm..yeah, 48-34. At best.

You seem to be one of few on here that is making any sense. I think 48-34 is still a bit generous, though. I see the Spurs ending up with 35 to 37 losses. I sincerely hope I eat crow, but there's no benefit in making the Playoffs this year with the exception of pride.

callo1
03-16-2010, 12:37 PM
Utah in the first round doesn't bother me. This is a different Spurs team, and Utah can't win a game in SA in the playoffs, whereas the Spurs can take a game there.

I would prefer Denver in the first though.

nkdlunch
03-16-2010, 01:03 PM
I predict we will make the playoffs this season

nkdlunch
03-16-2010, 01:05 PM
10-8

49 wins

6th place in the WC

mexicanjunior
03-16-2010, 04:15 PM

The Rockets were a different team after the Drexler trade mid-season in 1995...we haven't made any significant change to expect our results against the Jazz to be any different this year.