PDA

View Full Version : you Have to Love the Houston Rockets

poop
03-15-2010, 09:29 PM
i Like the Rockets, they have the biggest heart factor in the NBA and are therefore able to do the most with the least, they won 22 STRAIGHT GAMES 2 seasons ago and were able to take the Lakers to 7 games last year, meeting by far the most ridiculous stacked front court in the NBA with nothing but a 6-6 center haha, having lost their 2 centers and tallest players, as well as their top scorer, to injury, now THAT is heart, and they are still capable of beating anyone at anytime. and a noticeable lack of douchebaggery at all levels. and they succeed by dedicating themselves to DEFENSE, at all levels. hardnosed, good old fashioned blue-collar DEFENSE. and Scola is the embodiment of this, (luckily swindled from the spurs), an undersized, non-black southamerican who manages to school peopleleft and right and flourish due to sheer effort.

god bless the Houston rockets.

poop
03-15-2010, 09:49 PM
come on, i know there are lots of rocket fans out there wtf???

mavsfan1000
03-15-2010, 09:54 PM
I like some of their players. I live there so it's weird being a mavs fan. The rivalry makes it hard to like them. Glad that Franchise wannabe and Me-Mac are off that team though.

ElNono
03-15-2010, 09:55 PM
Not necessarily... no

poop
03-15-2010, 10:05 PM
I like some of their players. I live there so it's weird being a mavs fan. The rivalry makes it hard to like them. Glad that Franchise wannabe and Me-Mac are off that team though.

you live there and your a MAVS fan?? if you werent a fan of neo-classical metal i would e-smite you!!!!!

Lars
03-15-2010, 10:13 PM
:d

lennyalderette
03-15-2010, 10:15 PM
def. respect their heart, but if it were you against the the blazers im going for portland! you rocket fans are spurs haters so the hell with yall lmao

djohn2oo8
03-15-2010, 10:20 PM
def. respect their heart, but if it were you against the the blazers im going for portland! you rocket fans are spurs haters so the hell with yall lmao

http://images.google.com/url?source=imgres&ct=img&q=http://posterous.com/getfile/files.posterous.com/lexielex/K45r6V3mXKd6TDUMBUqokvuVxKeA59AKYVxTfd0R4lGru78zFn PlWcCpV4io/Cool_story_bro.jpeg&usg=AFQjCNHxgaR8KiCwg_89by-SquX9m_XvGg

ezzizle
03-15-2010, 10:21 PM
i liked the rockets before they got rid of landry and my man knee mac

poop
03-16-2010, 12:08 AM
shameful thread death considering all the Rockets fans here, and the validity of my thread. true shame for bb fans everywhere...

sook
03-16-2010, 12:31 AM
cool thread poop

ezau
03-16-2010, 02:01 AM
The Rockets have my respect. I'm also pissed off with how well Scola is thriving with them. I know people are already tired of talking about Scola, but damn I can't help it.

TheManFromAcme
03-16-2010, 06:04 AM
i Like the Rockets, they have the biggest heart factor in the NBA and are therefore able to do the most with the least, they won 22 STRAIGHT GAMES 2 seasons ago and were able to take the Lakers to 7 games last year, meeting by far the most ridiculous stacked front court in the NBA with nothing but a 6-6 center haha, having lost their 2 centers and tallest players, as well as their top scorer, to injury, now THAT is heart, and they are still capable of beating anyone at anytime. and a noticeable lack of douchebaggery at all levels. and they succeed by dedicating themselves to DEFENSE, at all levels. hardnosed, good old fashioned blue-collar DEFENSE. and Scola is the embodiment of this, (luckily swindled from the spurs), an undersized, non-black southamerican who manages to school peopleleft and right and flourish due to sheer effort.

god bless the Houston rockets.

:tu

Heck, I liked it..

Double-Up
03-16-2010, 07:38 AM
son, God bless!

GuerillaBlack
03-16-2010, 10:49 AM
God bless poop.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-16-2010, 10:51 AM
Where's noob cake to talk about how Lowry > Brooks?

djohn2oo8
03-16-2010, 11:00 AM

Still spewing some bullshit around here

noob cake
03-16-2010, 11:05 AM

Lowry comes back, we win 3 games in a row; coincidence?

Muser
03-16-2010, 11:25 AM
Turning into Rocket forum.

Indazone
03-16-2010, 11:42 AM
Even now, the Rockets at full strength can beat anyone on a given night.

Muser
03-16-2010, 11:44 AM
Even now, the Rockets at full strength can beat anyone on a given night.

Any team can beat anyone on a given night.

picc84
03-16-2010, 12:35 PM
Except the Nets.

bostonguy
03-16-2010, 12:37 PM
Except the Nets.

Exactly. Oh wait...:depressed:depressed

spizzle_tronk
03-16-2010, 04:17 PM
Any team can beat anyone on a given night.

True. look at the Spurs.

Killakobe81
03-16-2010, 05:08 PM
I agree adelman is one of those coaches that can help a team overachieve ...and if my team was mediocre he and Larry Brown would be my first two choices ...

Problem is when he has the better team portland 90's and Sacto 2000's he failed mightily ...

noob cake
03-16-2010, 05:33 PM
I agree adelman is one of those coaches that can help a team overachieve ...and if my team was mediocre he and Larry Brown would be my first two choices ...

Problem is when he has the better team portland 90's and Sacto 2000's he failed mightily ...

Larry Brown needs to get together with Adelman. They need to host a KFC conference; 27 other head coaches in the league can attend.
Lifetime of Experience Getting into KFC's head Cracking KFC's Rotation Overachieving 101 Becoming a Giant Killer

Lakers would probably lose 10 more games a year minimum.

OldSilentHill
03-16-2010, 05:34 PM
The Rockets showed some guts last night again.

I wouldn´t say "I love them", but there is an appeal, yes, and somehow admiration.

mogrovejo
03-16-2010, 07:14 PM
Wow, I just watched this game. It was a superb game. Old fashioned wild west shootout. Excellent performance from both ballclubs. Ariza's defence was big for the Rockets this game.

Tmac&Luther
03-16-2010, 08:09 PM

:sleep

How many great coaches were denied titles just because the freaking era was so great?

and in 2002 Adelman and the Kings were straight flat out robbed of a NBA title. That game 6 was one of the saddest things I've ever seen in pro sports...It tainted my view of the NBA forever and I don't think I'll ever be as big as a basketball fan now as I was before that game. I still look at the 2002 Kings as the true NBA champions though. They need to put a * next to that lakers team for what the refs pulled in that game.

:rolleyes Seriously how the hell are you going to blame a coach for not winning a title, when the officials bent him and his team over deliverance style?

Killakobe81
03-16-2010, 10:14 PM
:sleep

How many great coaches were denied titles just because the freaking era was so great?

and in 2002 Adelman and the Kings were straight flat out robbed of a NBA title. That game 6 was one of the saddest things I've ever seen in pro sports...I tainted my view of the NBA forever and I don't think I'll ever be as big as a basketball fan now as I was before that game. I still look at the 2002 Kings as the true NBA champions though. They need to put a * next to that lakers team for what the refs pulled in that game.

:rolleyes Seriously how the hell are you going to blame a coach for not winning a title, when the officials bent him and his team over deliverance style?

Refs had little to do with the Kings choking away game 4 or 7 ...

Agree horribly reffed series but Shaq had some flops called against him too ...and I don't even Like Shaq ...

And if you want to throw around ****

***ROX ONLY WON BECAUSE MJ RETIRED IS A HUGE ONE!!!

But I have more class that hat Rox earned their wins ...

Tmac&Luther
03-16-2010, 10:42 PM
Refs had little to do with the Kings choking away game 4 or 7 ...

Agree horribly reffed series but Shaq had some flops called against him too ...and I don't even Like Shaq ...

And if you want to throw around ****

***ROX ONLY WON BECAUSE MJ RETIRED IS A HUGE ONE!!!

But I have more class that hat Rox earned their wins ...

LOL, nice try, but Hakeem's Rockets' routinely bitch slapped Jordan's Bulls, but that's besides the point. Trying to compare a situation where a player retired and was out of the league, which was completely in his right to the absolute corruption of paid upper league officials and referees is completely and utterly STUPID. Houston beat everybody they faced during those years and usually beat Jordan when they faced off during those years also. How you connected that and the absolute robbery that was game 6 is beyond me.

Nice try at trying to white wash that series as a "no big thing". Anybody who watched that damn series who isn't a absolute laker homer would be willing to admit the Kings got absolutely F'ed in the A. :rollin Hell I even have a couple of friend's who are Laker fans and they're willing to admit the Kings got F'ed in the A by dirty refs. Which is why it's COMPLETELY STUPID to try to paint some coach as a "choker" when what he had earned was flat out stolen from him.

Oh and this has absolutely nothing to do with a lack of "class" (or for that matter, "throwing around shit" :rolleyes)....it has to do with integrity...as in being honest. As in honestly Sacremento got fucked over big time in that series and they were robbed of a NBA title. If you seriously don't think they got absolutely fucked over, you're not being honest yourself.

Trainwreck2100
03-16-2010, 10:45 PM
LOL, nice try, but Hakeem's Rockets' routinely bitch slapped Jordan's Bulls, but that's besides the point. Trying to compare a situation where a player retired and was out of the league, which was completely in his right to the absolute corruption of paid upper league officials and referees is completely and utterly STUPID.

Nice try at trying to white wash that series as a "no big thing". Anybody who watched that damn series who isn't a absolute laker homer would be willing to admit the Kings got absolutely F'ed in the A. :rollin Hell I even have a couple of friend's who are Laker fans and they're willing to admit the Kings got F'ed in the A by dirty refs. Which is why it's COMPLETELY STUPID to try to paint some coach as a "choker" when what he had earned was flat out stolen from him.

your name makes me lol

Tmac&Luther
03-16-2010, 10:49 PM
your name makes me lol

That's fine, it makes me do to.....shows you how much can change over about a 4 year span.

Indazone
03-17-2010, 12:58 AM
That's fine, it makes me do to.....shows you how much can change over about a 4 year span.

Dude you should ask Kori for a moniker change.

Killakobe81
03-17-2010, 03:02 PM
LOL, nice try, but Hakeem's Rockets' routinely bitch slapped Jordan's Bulls, but that's besides the point. Trying to compare a situation where a player retired and was out of the league, which was completely in his right to the absolute corruption of paid upper league officials and referees is completely and utterly STUPID. Houston beat everybody they faced during those years and usually beat Jordan when they faced off during those years also. How you connected that and the absolute robbery that was game 6 is beyond me.

Oh and this has absolutely nothing to do with a lack of "class" (or for that matter, "throwing around shit" :rolleyes)....it has to do with integrity...as in being honest. As in honestly Sacremento got fucked over big time in that series and they were robbed of a NBA title. If you seriously don't think they got absolutely fucked over, you're not being honest yourself.

If you want to believe conspiracy theories and the Donaghy doctrine go ahead ...

As i said if you READ what I wrote my POINT was that I don't put any asterisks by any titles due to the lockout, Mj's retirement injuries etc.

I could whine about how in 89 Magic and Scott tore hamstrings or about dozens of bad calls in playoffs over the years that have lost close games ...but it would only speak of poor sportmanship and hypocrisy and yes a lack of class to not be gracious in defeat when i gloat or enjoy when my teams win.

I agree the Sacto Lakers WCF was reffed horribly but how is that diffrent than the Bucks/Sixers Mavs /spurs or Dallas/Miami which was probably the worst effed series of all time or the horry nash amare incident also sucked ass ...but if you cant overcome a bad call or a bad reffed game you DO NOT deserve to win.

there are laker fans that have put togther you tube clips of all the moving screens and uncalled fouls from our Finals ass whuppin ...
YET i have NEVEr posted any EXCUSES on here Only losers make excuses winners take their beatings like a man learn from them and move on ...

You can try and lump me in with other Laker fans but I make no excuse nor accept none either.
If you do believe the conspiracy crap...why even watch the games? Dont pull that I can barely stomach the NBA beacuse it's fixed. When i grew older and realized Wrestling was fake i stopped watching The rock, Triple H etc could NOT bring me back ...
So who is the the smart one?
and why post here about a rigged sport?

Indazone
03-17-2010, 06:22 PM
If the Rockets somehow miracously get Bosh and hang on to Scola. Yao returning to full strength then we are constructed exactly like the old Indiana Pacers. But Scola and Bosh would be way better than Dale Davis and Antonio Davis. Yao is at least as good as Smits but taller with a better touch. Our guards bar can hold their own with anyone.

djohn2oo8
03-17-2010, 06:48 PM
If the Rockets somehow miracously get Bosh and hang on to Scola. Yao returning to full strength then we are constructed exactly like the old Indiana Pacers. But Scola and Bosh would be way better than Dale Davis and Antonio Davis. Yao is at least as good as Smits but taller with a better touch. Our guards bar can hold their own with anyone.

Yao is done

mogrovejo
03-17-2010, 06:53 PM

You don't have a Mark Jackson. But Yao/Bosh/Scola is so superior to Smits/Davis bros. that isn't even funny.

That Pacers team wouldn't be nearly as good today. Dale Davis + Smits was a good mix for those days but they'd be eaten alive with the quickness of today's game. Ditto for Mark Jackson.