PDA

View Full Version : WTF Wells Fargo

RedsLakers24
03-15-2010, 09:59 PM
Okay i never really use my back account but today i discover i have a negative 150 dollars on my account because of overdraft fees, but this is because im paying for this insurance, 30 bucks a month that i did not even know about so it charges every month without me even knowing, WTF :bang, im goin to cancel my account with Wells Fargo after i pay that shit

RedsLakers24
03-15-2010, 10:00 PM
i always thought i had like money since i did not know i was paying for insurance crap so i was wasting 3 dollars and it was charging me 35 because of overdraft, FUCK THIS SHIT

Libri
03-15-2010, 10:11 PM
Did you receive monthly bank statements?

mookie2001
03-15-2010, 10:19 PM
wells fargo is bad, the customer service sucks, just in the last 2 years-

after they asked me 40 times to get their preapproved credit card i finally told them "yeah sign me up for the wells fargo credit card", a few months later i asked him where my credit card is, they look on their wellsfargo facebook for 20 minutes and then tell me "uhh i dont know, i guess you didnt get approved" ok fine by me but why did they ask me every time i went in there. Then a few weeks later, they start back up again "would you to sign up for our wells fargo credit card"

and they take from my wrong account on a clearly written withdraw slip, TWICE, and take from an account i never ever take money out of, ever.

then im outside at the atm, it eats my card, i walk inside and they tell me "oh theres nothing we can do, call the number on the ATM, im just a teller, and its 5:58 could you please leave"

then the asshole manager at the mulberry 281 acts like he knows me from me scoffing the shit out of him all the time, calls me by my first name, my first name? im the boss bitch, ive had an account for 8 years, im an adult, youre running a business, its MR DE LA, you chode, im probably older than you are

every time ive ever been in there they tell me i can do WHATEVER im doing, online, well no fucking shit, do yall want to explain to me what a computer is too? Im standing here in front of you, every week, i dont want to bank online, damn they are thickheaded

maybe they should stop hiring tellers based on youth and breast size and get someone who can read and follow directions

i never should have switched from bank 1, but there are zero bank 1s in SA or victoria. wells fargo is bush league

side note for anyone who knows me, bruce walker works at that one too, hes pushing a lexus 350, rich bastard

RedsLakers24
03-15-2010, 10:21 PM
Did you receive monthly bank statements?

actually they send it to me on my email but i dont read my email that often, i usually read my school email more, i have 2 email accounts, one for school and another for anything else, but i only read my school email, so i guess its kinda my fault, but why didnt they tell me about the insurance crap?

DPG21920
03-15-2010, 10:27 PM
So instead of getting bloaded for 8 years, why don't you get a new bank? Damn people fail to use logic in the easiest of situations.

Keep track of your finances.

DPG21920
03-15-2010, 10:27 PM

mookie2001
03-15-2010, 11:37 PM
positives are a shitload of atms and branches in austin, SA and down south. no other bank comes close. plus im hoping the 8 years will get earn me something someday, or at least earn me the right to scoff the shit out of the managers when i want to

down in the playground too, i either have an aunt, family member or someone who knows my name working at most of the banks, i dont want them looking at my shit, plus first capital are a bunch of racists neocons (common knowledge)

and im poor so the amounts dont matter

RedsLakers24
03-15-2010, 11:51 PM
im so pissed off, is there a way to lower the negative account where i could pay less? or do i have to pay everthing?

Viva Las Espuelas
03-15-2010, 11:56 PM
im so pissed off, is there a way to lower the negative account where i could pay less? or do i have to pay everthing?

they got you by the jewels.

all of it, boy.

RedsLakers24
03-16-2010, 12:15 AM
they got you by the jewels.

all of it, boy.

OMFG, how long do i have to pay this, this is the first time it has happened to me, can i pay it off in months, like paying 50 bucks a month or so?

marini martini
03-16-2010, 12:19 AM
Pay the fuckin' balance, with a note that say's "please cancel, and thanks for the bait and switch, I will never bank with you douches again"!!!It worked for me just last week!!! No lie!!!:toast

Then switch banks!

tlongII
03-16-2010, 12:21 AM

Call them up and explain your situation. They might work with you.

Kori Ellis
03-16-2010, 12:23 AM
What insurance did you have that you didn't know about? Call the place for the insurance and say you didn't know about it and that you want the money that you have paid for the last five or six months back. Then use that credit to pay your overdraft fees and close your account.

Kori Ellis
03-16-2010, 12:25 AM
Oh and most banks suck. One time, we were trying to deposit a $10,000+ check and Bank of America refused to let us deposit it (we didn't even want cash back) because it was over $10,000. We had been banking there for years. They kept saying, "Come back in a few more days and we'll try to find the check in the system." We would say, "We just want to deposit it.. you can put a hold on it until it clears, just take it." No dice. :lol They acted like we were stealing... we just wanted to deposit a check.

Libri
03-16-2010, 12:27 AM
My bank got bought by Wells Fargo. I have to go see if there are going to be any changes to the account.

RedsLakers24
03-16-2010, 12:29 AM
What insurance did you have that you didn't know about? Call the place for the insurance and say you didn't know about it and that you want the money that you have paid for the last five or six months back. Then use that credit to pay your overdraft fees and close your account.

yeah ima call tomarrow and go to the bank, im also not the only one about complaining about paying for an insuarance without even knowing, i googled that shit and theres a shit load of complains on wells fargo about people not knowing they are being charged, ima pay the fee and get the hell out of wells fargo, does anyone know how Chase banks are, my friends have it and they like it

InRareForm
03-16-2010, 12:36 AM
credit unions are the way to go.

switch some of your money to a big bank when you have to travel.. for easy access to ATM's and stuff.

InRareForm
03-16-2010, 12:37 AM
does anyone know how Chase banks are, my friends have it and they like it

f*ck chase! they are shady as hell with fee's. at least with credit cards! but they have gotten better. The credit laws and such have helped them to become more tame.

Trainwreck2100
03-16-2010, 04:00 AM
i never should have switched from bank 1, but there are zero bank 1s in SA or victoria. wells fargo is bush league

bank 1 got bought out by chase lie 3 years ago

FuzzyLumpkins
03-16-2010, 04:02 AM
USAA is the way to go. I have been with them my entire life and ever since they fired Davis its been back to top notch again. The bank is open to the public btw unlike the insurance and whatnot.

They cover $15 worth of ATM fees per month, I can do my deposits via my scanner from home and pretty much everything else I could need over the phone or online.

When I needed a car loan I was approved over the phone and they overnighted me the paperwork and that was that. Never had problems with mysterious overdrafts and fees just straight up goodness.

I highly recommend them. Now that Davis is gone and they are no longer bottomline motivated its been a good thing for me and my fellow members.

Soul_Patch
03-16-2010, 09:41 AM
I canceled my Wells Fargo account about 5 years ago for their stupidity. Everything they ever did seemed to be an absolute cluster fuck, and their customer service was that much worse.

I opened a Randolph Brooks Federal Credit Union account and haven't looked back since. They have absolutely kick ass rates on car loans (3.2% anyone?) Never even hesitate if i need to borrow for anything. Buying a car took 1 phone call to them, 1 hour later the officer called and said go sign the papers and pick up the drafting stuff at the branch, 2hrs later im at a dealership closing the sale. All around great deal.

We have our checking, car notes and 1 CC through RBFCU and our savings is at the IBEW Credit Union.

Soul_Patch
03-16-2010, 09:45 AM
USAA is the way to go. I have been with them my entire life and ever since they fired Davis its been back to top notch again. The bank is open to the public btw unlike the insurance and whatnot.

They cover $15 worth of ATM fees per month, I can do my deposits via my scanner from home and pretty much everything else I could need over the phone or online.

When I needed a car loan I was approved over the phone and they overnighted me the paperwork and that was that. Never had problems with mysterious overdrafts and fees just straight up goodness.

I highly recommend them. Now that Davis is gone and they are no longer bottomline motivated its been a good thing for me and my fellow members.

I canceled all of my USAA insurance a year or so ago when they really tried to jerk me around with an accident i had that wasn't my fault. I had always gave them great praise, but that killed it for me. I had never had such terrible customer service than with their adjuster in that fiasco, not just the adjuster but her boss too. I finally got a boss in another department to work it all out for me. After GEICO quoted us much lower rates, and that issue, i switched. Never thought i would, but it just didn't make sense anymore...like you said, they kinda lost their rapport they used to have and seemed to be more motivated by profit than ever.

ploto
03-16-2010, 09:54 AM
Oh and most banks suck. One time, we were trying to deposit a $10,000+ check and Bank of America refused to let us deposit it (we didn't even want cash back) because it was over $10,000. We had been banking there for years. They kept saying, "Come back in a few more days and we'll try to find the check in the system." We would say, "We just want to deposit it.. you can put a hold on it until it clears, just take it." No dice. :lol They acted like we were stealing... we just wanted to deposit a check.

Reminds me of when I went into my credit union to get a cashier's cheque. Now, yes, it was for a large amount, but I had way more than that in the account. It was for a car. I had ID and everything. The guy starts telling me that he does not have to let me have it and that he can prevent me from doing it. I am like-- what! I informed him that I could take out every penny in my account right then and there if I wanted to. Needless to say I got many apologies from the branch manager. I have no clue what his problem was- I could only guess it was because I was a woman doing this without her husband, but I was the primary on the account.

Mixability
03-16-2010, 09:57 AM

Haha, they'll take a bailout, but not your legitimate check.

I have Bank of America, been with them since Nations Bank, a few problems here and there, but all in all ok. Then again, I'm not a balla trying to deposit 10k checks. :bang

ploto
03-16-2010, 09:59 AM
I canceled all of my USAA insurance a year or so ago when they really tried to jerk me around with an accident i had that wasn't my fault.

Never had USAA but I hate them because of when I got hit by someone they insured-- completely that guy's fault. They were awful and did not even want me to set up the repair on my car. Finally, my insurance company covered it and agreed to fight them for the money.

Mixability
03-16-2010, 10:01 AM
I do recommend getting some kind of alert system set up through text or email or even better if you have a smartphone or something. Saved my ass when I upgraded my phone through Tmobile.com and their dumbass system charged me 5 times for the same upgrade. It was about a $200 phone, so my bank account was depleted by a grand. T-Mobile wouldn't do anything since it still showed only 1 transaction on their end, but BofA had 5 pending transactions. BofA wouldn't credit or "kill" the other 4, since it was pending on their end and they didn't know if or when they'd go through. Having access didn't keep it from happening, but it did notify me of what happened before I embarrasingly tried to buy something or get my card denied at a restaurant.

coyotes_geek
03-16-2010, 10:14 AM
Keep track of your finances.

This. Banks suck. Gotta keep an eye on them by checking your account regularly.

mrsmaalox
03-16-2010, 10:15 AM

I also have USAA and couldn't be happier. I've only been with them since 2003 and am not familiar with the "Davis" situation, but since then I have 2 home mortgages, and insurance on both homes and 3 vehicles with them; my son will get his license next week and I'm counting on them to fix us up with a reasonable car loan and insurance.

I was extremely impressed a couple of years ago when I was contacted about suspicious activity on my acct. I do a lot of online shopping, but they found something that wasn't in my "pattern" and went to work on it within one hour of the purchase. Sure enough my card number was stolen and had been used for a $300 purchase at an athletic shoe store. A few hours later they intercepted a $1500 purchase at a Costa Rican beach resort! It may have been business as usual for USAA, but for me it was a potential life saver. :toast

And have you noticed the USAA ATMs going up around town? It's just getting even more convenient :)

coyotes_geek
03-16-2010, 10:17 AM
Never had USAA but I hate them because of when I got hit by someone they insured-- completely that guy's fault. They were awful and did not even want me to set up the repair on my car. Finally, my insurance company covered it and agreed to fight them for the money.

I have heard that about USAA. They're great to their customers, but hardasses to anyone who isn't.

That being said, I've got USAA and I like 'em..........

RedsLakers24
03-16-2010, 11:12 AM
Does This Negative Thing have an effect on my credit score? ima pay it off next month then cancel my account

RandomGuy
03-16-2010, 11:56 AM
Okay i never really use my back account but today i discover i have a negative 150 dollars on my account because of overdraft fees, but this is because im paying for this insurance, 30 bucks a month that i did not even know about so it charges every month without me even knowing, WTF :bang, im goin to cancel my account with Wells Fargo after i pay that shit

Don't pay it.

Ask them to reverse the charges. You will have to go to an actual branch to do this though.

MOST of the time, but not all, they will reverse the charges.

chode_regulator
03-16-2010, 12:29 PM
OP, sucks but is your own fault to be truthful

Kori, weird. I deposited a 10k check at a Wachovia and they didn't even blink an eye at it. Maybe each bank has different policies?

re USAA, I've had them for insurance for 11 years and banking accounts (not my checking though) for about 6. No issues at all with them. They also have called me when a large purchase was made on a CC to double check it was me before it was approved. Cheaper insurance rates than anywhere I've found, and naturally they aren't going to just pay out on an accident. Their is a process that must be followed. I mean shit, I witnessed an accident one time and like literally 4 months later the persons insurer called me to get my statement. I coudln't believe it hadnt even been settled yet.
Easy to deal with for car loans as well. Though so are credit unions.

coyotes_geek
03-16-2010, 12:45 PM
Does This Negative Thing have an effect on my credit score? ima pay it off next month then cancel my account

You're probably okay there. I'd think they'd have sent you a bunch of nasty letters telling you to pay up before they'd take the time report you to a credit bureau. If you haven't been getting letters you're probably in the clear.

Also, RG had a good idea about asking them to reverse the charges. Make sure you're talking to someone who has the authority to do so. Then, in a very polite and respectful tone, explain how you didn't understand what was going on.

RedsLakers24
03-16-2010, 01:56 PM
You're probably okay there. I'd think they'd have sent you a bunch of nasty letters telling you to pay up before they'd take the time report you to a credit bureau. If you haven't been getting letters you're probably in the clear.

Also, RG had a good idea about asking them to reverse the charges. Make sure you're talking to someone who has the authority to do so. Then, in a very polite and respectful tone, explain how you didn't understand what was going on.

Yeah i havent gotten anything in the mail or anything, but ima pay it off and move on to another bank, and i know it was my fault for not checking my account, but i still think its bullshit that im paying for this insuarance i wasnt aware of

Bigzax
03-16-2010, 01:59 PM
how can they just charge you for insurance you are not aware of.

did you not have to agree to it somehow?

i would fight it. what's to lose at this point.

Trainwreck2100
03-16-2010, 02:00 PM
they won't usually report you to a credit bureau until after a long period of it being negative

RedsLakers24
03-16-2010, 02:08 PM
how can they just charge you for insurance you are not aware of.

did you not have to agree to it somehow?

i would fight it. what's to lose at this point.

Im not the only one with this problem, i googled the thing and a shit load of people were being charge with this without them even knowing, Many people already file complaints on to wells fargo for doing this

RedsLakers24
03-16-2010, 02:12 PM
guys google, NUF HPP INSR, and you will find out what im talking about

Bigzax
03-16-2010, 02:13 PM
sorry bout that man, nothing makes me want to hurl bricks through bank windows like overdraft fees that can be attributed to a sneaky ass business practices.

coyotes_geek
03-16-2010, 02:48 PM
Yeah i havent gotten anything in the mail or anything, but ima pay it off and move on to another bank, and i know it was my fault for not checking my account, but i still think its bullshit that im paying for this insuarance i wasnt aware of

It's definitely BS. I'd be willing to bet that somewhere along the road they sent you some kind of document, written in impossible to understand legal-ese, where they said they were enrolling you in this program and it was up to you to notify them if you didn't want to participate. They know that 99.99% of the people either just throw those documents away or stash them away somewhere without ever actually reading them.

angel_luv
03-16-2010, 03:04 PM
sorry bout that man, nothing makes me want to hurl bricks through bank windows like overdraft fees that can be attributed to a sneaky ass business practices.

Your comment reminds me of the Frasier episode where Niles breaks a building window... or was it a glass door?

RedsLakers24
03-16-2010, 03:45 PM
It's definitely BS. I'd be willing to bet that somewhere along the road they sent you some kind of document, written in impossible to understand legal-ese, where they said they were enrolling you in this program and it was up to you to notify them if you didn't want to participate. They know that 99.99% of the people either just throw those documents away or stash them away somewhere without ever actually reading them.

i actually remember them sending a paper telling me if i wanted to enrolled, and if i wanted to enrolled i needed to sign the paper and send it in, i never signed it and never sended it in, so i dont know man, fuck

Mixability
03-16-2010, 03:58 PM
i actually remember them sending a paper telling me if i wanted to enrolled, and if i wanted to enrolled i needed to sign the paper and send it in, i never signed it and never sended it in, so i dont know man, fuck

Can't hurt to fight it. Ask them for a copy of your signature on the enrollment. If they can't produce something that shows your request for the service, fight for your money and overdrawn fees back. It'll be a LONG while, if ever, till you get your money back. Lesson learned though, right?

Wild Cobra
03-16-2010, 04:04 PM
Did you authorize the deduction?

Banks can remove all fees if they want. have you talked to a bank manager?

DesignatedT
03-16-2010, 04:38 PM
IBC is the shit.

DPG21920
03-16-2010, 05:17 PM
I don't see why people get caught up in this. Everyone always has an opinion based on their own experiences and those vary greatly.

The bottom line is, sometimes things are going to go wrong over the course of doing business over a long period of time. But as long as the vast majority of the time things go well, you know you are in a good situation.

It never ceases to amaze me the countless times you hear someone say "that was the last straw..." or something to that degree. Then they take their business else where only to find similar problems down the road.

If you keep up with everything on your end and use logic, things will go a lot smoother.

Mark in Austin
03-16-2010, 05:19 PM
Try moving your money to a local bank or credit union:

http://www.moveyourmoney.info

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-16-2010, 05:21 PM
Most banks automatically give you a $100 overdraft protection because it's how they make money off free checking accounts. I had an account with WaMu and a similar thing happened, except when I set up the account I asked for no overdraft protection, and the teller said sure and flat out lied to me telling me I had 0 overdraft. After I overdrafted unknowingly I bitched and moaned about it and eventually got the money back.

Chase recently made it so you could chose no overdraft. I was done with WaMu after that experience, and Chase has been fine since I've used them. Regardless of whether banks are ethical with overdrafts or not, the best thing to do is just keep track of your money so you avoid the issue completely.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-16-2010, 05:29 PM
Also as far as banks go the pull all kinds of shit with overdraft. I was shocked when I heard that they're allowed to do this, but let's say someone has $30 in their account and made $5, $11, $40 transactions in that order, all of which are pending. Banks are allowed to rearranged the order of pending transactions, so they could do the $40 transaction first and then the 5 and 11 one so you get two overdraft charges as oppose to one. I dodged a bullet with WaMu but since then I've learned the best thing to do is to just avoid letting the banks be able to nickel and dime you.

RedsLakers24
03-16-2010, 06:34 PM
i just came back from the bank then they filed a Fraud Claim, they said i could have my money back between 2-3 days so let see what happens, i had to pay all the 150 dollars then they closed that account and now they are going to file the Fraud Claim

ashbeeigh
03-16-2010, 06:57 PM
Most banks automatically give you a $100 overdraft protection because it's how they make money off free checking accounts. I had an account with WaMu and a similar thing happened, except when I set up the account I asked for no overdraft protection, and the teller said sure and flat out lied to me telling me I had 0 overdraft. After I overdrafted unknowingly I bitched and moaned about it and eventually got the money back.

Chase recently made it so you could chose no overdraft. I was done with WaMu after that experience, and Chase has been fine since I've used them. Regardless of whether banks are ethical with overdrafts or not, the best thing to do is just keep track of your money so you avoid the issue completely.

This. It's a requirement - based on the new Credit Card Act...to inform you of your rights, which include overdraft.

Taking off the overdraft is obviously the smart choice here.

ploto
03-16-2010, 07:25 PM
...naturally they aren't going to just pay out on an accident. Their is a process that must be followed.

When both the driver and the police report indicated it was that driver's fault. When I got hit another time, my car was in the shop and I had a rent car the next day. USAA wouldn't do anything for weeks.

RedsLakers24
03-16-2010, 07:42 PM
ohh, and the wells fargo workers are pretty hot, they remind me of strippers, pretend to like u so u stay with the bank

mFFL03
03-16-2010, 09:07 PM
Here's a good rule of thumb....if your debit/checking account has less than $50 in it stop spending money.

The Reckoning
03-16-2010, 09:26 PM
i have wells fargo and USAA

ive never had a problem with either. online banking ftw.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-16-2010, 10:15 PM
Here's a good rule of thumb....if your debit/checking account has less than $50 in it stop spending money.

For me it's 20 but yeah it's good to have a rule like that.

BadOdor
03-17-2010, 02:06 AM
Damn sons it's good to be the son of a richer.... Every time the bills are due are just give a call to my jew dad: "hey pops, time to pay up the bills. God bless". As long as I don't spend outrages amounts on stupid shit, he doesn't give me shit.