PDA

View Full Version : Timmy..39, but Tony Huge In The OT

SpursFanDan
05-03-2005, 01:04 AM
I'm glad that games over.. I was about the have a heartattack. great win non the less.. not to let the calls effect the team, and they kept their heads in the game. come here and vent... let your voices be heard.

beirmeistr
05-03-2005, 01:33 AM
a nerve-wracking game but they played like champions at the end. Ginobili got screwed with his last regular game shot and Duncan got screwed with his so-called sixth foul. But Duncan rallied the troops before he left the playing court and it worked!
Great victory in enemy territory!

texbumTHElife
05-03-2005, 01:49 AM
That is by far the most impressive display of clutch basketball i have seen out of the Spurs since '99 easily. Tim Duncan making shots and hitting FT's to keep us in the game and take us into OT. Then, TP, Mr. Invisible in the clutch shows up and shuts up the Denver fans. This has the makings of a championship guys. This ends on Wednesday at SBC with a Spurs drubbing of Denver.

Notorious H.O.P.
05-03-2005, 02:19 AM
It was great to see Tim gather up the troops and give them the "Let's stay in this because the game is ours" talk. Tony may be developing a little rep for fading late in games but hopefully this will give Tony and the other Spurs a jolt of confidence that they can get it done without time. Granted we don't ever want to be without Tim but it may have help a little when he was out. The only thing was that it came at the expense of some of our chemistry and momentum but it helped other Spurs step up, get some time and get more familiar in the system. And hopefully this goes a long way in getting Tony to know that he can get it done, night in, night out when the pressure is on. I might be wrong but didn't the Spurs only miss one shot (a free throw) during the overtime?

RonMexico
05-03-2005, 02:23 AM
Eva just promised him some lovin back in SA if he stepped up. Once he gets it, he'll go back into choke mode. Earl Boykins was the real MVP.

SpursFanDan
05-03-2005, 02:24 AM
a nerve-wracking game but they played like champions at the end. Ginobili got screwed with his last regular game shot and Duncan got screwed with his so-called sixth foul. But Duncan rallied the troops before he left the playing court and it worked!
Great victory in enemy territory!

I thought that when he rallied the troops like you said was the best thing that he could of done.. he knew the call was bullshit... he didnt whine and cry about it... he did what a team captain should do.

milkyway21
05-03-2005, 03:12 AM
okay guys, let's hear it from a 3rd party.

milkyway21
05-03-2005, 03:18 AM
okay guys, let's hear it from a 3rd party.

who's the Stud player of the Night?
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/basketball/nba/specials/playoffs/2005/05/02/fast.breaks/index.html
STUD PLAYER OF THE NIGHT
Tim Duncan, Spurs
Playing his best all-around game since he returned from his ankle injury late in the regular season, he had 39 points and 14 rebounds to lead the Spurs to the OT win at Denver and a commanding 3-1 series lead. The two-time MVP hit 13-of-23 shots, including a 10-foot hook to give the Spurs the lead for good early in the extra period before fouling out on a bad call moments later. He also converted 13-of-14 free throws. Tony Parker (29 points, seven assists) finished the job for San Antonio, but Duncan set the stage.

DUD OF THE NIGHT
Ben Gordon, Bulls
For the second straight game, the mini-Microwave failed to heat up. While his counterpart Juan Dixon (35 points) was hitting jumpers all night, the Bulls reserve guard missed 12 of 13 shots to finish with just eight points. It followed a similarly lackluster Game 3 in which Gordon, bothered by a severe head cold, managed just eight points on 2-of-9 shooting. How bad was it for the Bulls rookie phenom in Game 4? He didn't even get off the bench in the fourth quarter when Chicago's reserves used a 33-13 run to make the final score look respectable.

PLAY OF THE NIGHT
With Dallas leading 97-94 in the final minute of Monday's pivotal Game 5, Rockets guard Jon Barry had a key defensive rebound slapped away by Mavs forward Michael Finley even though Finley's feet were out of bounds. Jerry Stackhouse grabbed the loose ball and was fouled, sinking two foul shots for a 99-94 lead. It was one of two blown calls (along with a phantom foul on Scott Padgett) that went against Houston in the final minute of a 103-100 loss that left it trailing 3-2 in the series. Somewhere Jeff Van Gundy must be fuming -- especially after that $100,000 fine.
LOOK AHEAD
With Antoine Walker serving a one-game suspension, Boston coach Doc Rivers started a three-guard lineup that included Ricky Davis in Game 4 at Indiana. The Small Ball Celtics responded with an impressive 110-79 rout that evened the series at 2-all. Now Walker is back, and the Pacers aren't sure what to expect in Tuesday night's pivotal Game 5 (7:30 p.m. EST/NBA TV). In other action, the Sixers and Kings must win on the road if they hope to avoid elimination. Philadelphia plays at Detroit in the opener (8 p.m./TNT), while Sacramento travels to Seattle in the nightcap (10:30 p.m./TNT).

Dingle Barry
05-03-2005, 03:19 AM
the suns impending loss to the mavs is gonna be sweeeet.

milkyway21
05-03-2005, 03:22 AM
... The two-time MVP hit 13-of-23 shots, including a 10-foot hook to give the Spurs the lead for good early in the extra period before fouling out on a bad call moments later.....
[/B]...hmmnn:rolleyes.

don't worry Mr. Marty Burns, Stu can't impose a fine on you for this one.

milkyway21
05-03-2005, 03:29 AM
the suns impending loss to the mavs is gonna be sweeeet.so, you want the Suns to play against the Mavs in the WC Semi? And the Mavs to play vs. Spurs or Sonics in the WC Finals?

for me I WANT TO PLAY VS. THE SUNS IN THE WC.

I WANT THEIR GM SARVER TO COME TO SAN ANTONIO AND SAY "Chicken" "Chicken" in front of the S.A. crowd....

been waiting and praying for it...i can't wait :lol

RonMexico
05-03-2005, 04:09 AM
the suns impending loss to the mavs is gonna be sweeeet.

Yeah Dingle, shut the fuck up and get rid of that shit. And you're not related to Rex, ass. P.S. greatest playoff shot ever (Rex over Sonics). Even better than D-Fish in 0.4! LOL! Shout out to Alexis!

SpursFanDan
05-03-2005, 04:12 AM
Man ron.. you're just looking to start shit.

RonMexico
05-03-2005, 04:13 AM
Man ron.. you're just looking to start shit.

Nah, I know that guy already... he was probably too fucked up to remember.

Kori Ellis
05-03-2005, 04:14 AM
Please don't turn every thread into senseless drivel.

Thanks.

RonMexico
05-03-2005, 04:16 AM
Please don't turn every thread into senseless drivel.

Thanks.

I blame Dingle Barry