PDA

View Full Version : Why the Spurs are still contenders

Das Texan
03-16-2010, 08:55 PM
http://hoppingintopuddles.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/manu-hulk-impression.jpg

As long as this man is healthy, the Spurs have a fighting chance to win. Even with all the injuries and retarded play by so many, this is a guy that makes this team or any team he is on tick.

He makes his teammates better. He makes his teams better.

He will never fucking quit. The only thing he cares about is winning.

As long as he is able to be get on the court, the Spurs can win it all still.

Its like the old Houston mantra from the 90s. Never underestimate the heart of a champion.

Manu Ginobili more than anyone else on this team is the heartbeat of this incarnation of the Spurs.

Why are the Spurs seeming to gel lately? I dont think its any coincidence that the rise of Manu has coincided with the rise of the Spurs season.

Believe

PS Get off your ass RC and put the contract in front of Manu.

HarlemHeat37
03-16-2010, 09:01 PM
Well we had Duncan playing like a superstar for the 1st half of the season with Manu and Parker struggling..

Now we get Manu playing like a superstar with Duncan struggling and Parker injured..

If the Spurs had their entire big 3 playing at a healthy level, there's a realistic chance to make it to the WCFs IMO(no chance for a title, but w/e)..the odds of getting the entire big 3 playing at a good level is very, very unlikely though..

DesignatedT
03-16-2010, 09:03 PM
i would still say we have a better chance of winning then utah okc phx or portland. no matter where we finish.

and depending on how tony comes back and how the health pans out we might have a shot at going pretty far.

i wouldnt count us out just yet.

BlackSwordsMan
03-16-2010, 09:04 PM
spurs will be lucky to win one game in the playoffs

MarHill
03-16-2010, 09:10 PM
http://hoppingintopuddles.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/manu-hulk-impression.jpg

As long as this man is healthy, the Spurs have a fighting chance to win. Even with all the injuries and retarded play by so many, this is a guy that makes this team or any team he is on tick.

He makes his teammates better. He makes his teams better.

He will never fucking quit. The only thing he cares about is winning.

As long as he is able to be get on the court, the Spurs can win it all still.

Its like the old Houston mantra from the 90s. Never underestimate the heart of a champion.

Manu Ginobili more than anyone else on this team is the heartbeat of this incarnation of the Spurs.

Why are the Spurs seeming to gel lately? I dont think its any coincidence that the rise of Manu has coincided with the rise of the Spurs season.

Believe

PS Get off your ass RC and put the contract in front of Manu.

I've written that Manu is the reason that makes the Spurs special!!! I've read over the last 2 years on this forum with some spoiled Spurs fans wanting to trade him.

No way!! No way!!

He needed to be healthy and now we are seeing it!!

The Spurs FO need to resign him....no questions asked.

kjhip1
03-16-2010, 09:14 PM

http://www.definitivejux.net/files/imagecache/container_full/files/news/hater-thumb-314x320.jpg

Muser
03-16-2010, 09:14 PM
No.

ElNono
03-16-2010, 09:21 PM
SuperManu might win you a game or two, but on a 7 game series you need a lot more than that. I'm actually thrilled with RJ lately. He's hustling out there both for rebounds and scoring fairly well. It's like he finally found his niche. If we can count on him for 18-20 a night and Duncan holds up we might make some noise. I wouldn't go with 'contender' yet, but maybe past the first round, something that didn't look like a possibility two weeks ago...

nkdlunch
03-16-2010, 09:23 PM
they are not contenders. And will not be contenders until:
A) they can keep this level of play up to the playoffs
B) Parker can come back healthy and contribute

MarHill
03-16-2010, 09:24 PM
SuperManu might win you a game or two, but on a 7 game series you need a lot more than that. I'm actually thrilled with RJ lately. He's hustling out there both for rebounds and scoring fairly well. It's like he finally found his niche. If we can count on him for 18-20 a night and Duncan holds up we might make some noise. I wouldn't go with 'contender' yet, but maybe past the first round, something that didn't look like a possibility two weeks ago...

However, all you need is one great game from Manu to change a seven-game series. Especially if they steal the 1st game on the road.

The key will be the role players stepping up with him. Especially Jefferson.

Looking forward to the playoffs!

tdunk21
03-16-2010, 09:25 PM

u deserve to be punchd and kickd in ur ass by that woman in ur profile pic....dumbass

MarHill
03-16-2010, 09:26 PM

But playing well with the toughest schedule down the stretch will do wonders for their confidence. A basketball is a momentum game.

Better late than never!

spurs1990
03-16-2010, 09:27 PM
Contenders???

Favorites!!!

Amarelooms
03-16-2010, 09:28 PM
lol....well if the Mavs are out I'll pull for the Spurs....so best of luck :elephant

BlackSwordsMan
03-16-2010, 09:29 PM
u deserve to be punchd and kickd in ur ass by that woman in ur profile pic....dumbass

oh god you don't know how much I would pay for that

TDMVPDPOY
03-16-2010, 09:29 PM
this team will only go as far ghill3 will lead them....

Sigz
03-16-2010, 09:30 PM
Great. Another Ginobili dick sucking thread.

ulosturedge
03-16-2010, 09:31 PM
They still have a deficiency at the center position. Not to mention we don't know how long the SF position will hold up. But if they continue to play at a high level for 48 minutes, yes they can make some noise in the playoffs. The only problem is they have to ween out those bad thoughts and bad play coming down the stretch of games. This is all about confidence and mental toughness. If they revert to breakdowns during the playoffs they will go down like they did that one series against the Lakers where they got swept. Leading for three quarters and losing in the last. I'm not down for that shit.

OldSilentHill
03-16-2010, 09:40 PM

But he has a point.

That Duncan was playing like a monster before Manu´s rise? Yes.

Duncan made the rest of the team look better like Manu now? Not even close.

Health and motivation are the best fuels for a heart that loves winning.

Resign him, raise his salary, leave him play with his NT, MAKE HIM HAPPY. He deserves it all as long as he shows this commitment.

:lobt2:

Kool Bob Love
03-16-2010, 09:41 PM

Sigz...

You should have seen how MY Becky was sucking on my D....:wow

Ol girl was doing it with no hands....then with both hands...:hat

Then she let me hit it from the back....:downspin:

SHE WILL HAVE MY LAST NAME!!!:married:

whottt
03-16-2010, 10:25 PM
http://cache.boston.com/resize/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2010/03/16/1268722249_6040/539w.jpg

NRHector
03-16-2010, 10:30 PM
C) A deep bench

duncan228
03-16-2010, 10:30 PM
Post game.

“He makes everybody better,” Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said of Ginobili, who’s shot at least 50 percent in his last seven games. “He is one of the finest competitors we have in the league, one of the finest competitors in the world. He’s a hell of a player. When he’s Manu Ginobili, we’re a significantly better basketball team and he’s been Manu for the last month.”

silverblackfan
03-16-2010, 10:31 PM
http://cache.boston.com/resize/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2010/03/16/1268722249_6040/539w.jpg

:lol

sammy
03-16-2010, 10:35 PM
I've written that Manu is the reason that makes the Spurs special!!! I've read over the last 2 years on this forum with some spoiled Spurs fans wanting to trade him.

No way!! No way!!

He needed to be healthy and now we are seeing it!!

The Spurs FO need to resign him....no questions asked.

Agreed!:toast

ElNono
03-16-2010, 10:39 PM

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w262/gator_momma/Applause.gif

Sean Cagney
03-16-2010, 11:16 PM

Fukk outta here...........

Sean Cagney
03-16-2010, 11:22 PM

Says the man with a woman dude in his sig and avi........ Manu >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> HER on any level, deal with it. Real men don't watch womans bball nor think they are hot (They usually are not) :lol:lol . Deal with IT, go MANU!!!!!!!!!!!!