PDA

View Full Version : Who would we have the best shot of beating in the 1st round?

50 cent
03-16-2010, 11:30 PM
I'm going to say we have to avoid the #8 seed and Lakers for obvious reasons (sad but true).

Which other matchup gives us the best shot of advancing past the first round?

I'm a little torn between PHX (we own them), Utah (white team that just doesn't seem too scary in the Playoffs), or OKC (lack of experience).

I don't think we want anything to do with Denver or Dallas.

Who do we want?

ducks
03-16-2010, 11:32 PM
durant

whottt
03-16-2010, 11:46 PM
I want the Mavs now that the Finley curse has been lifted....Mavs need an asskicking and the Mav fans are way too comfortable on this board.

BWS-1994
03-16-2010, 11:50 PM
OKC - youth and less exp, Pop can use small ball all he wants.

POR - injuries, but they still seem to play well despite it.

PHX - Spurs still have their number.

UTA - owns the Spurs this year, Boozer especially.

lurker23
03-16-2010, 11:50 PM
I thought this poll was going to be LA/Denver/Dallas/Utah.

While I still think the Spurs have an outside chance at home court for the first round, a matchup against one of those four with the Spurs in the 5/6/7 seed is more likely at this point.

On the whole, not sure who I'd want to see...probably PHX or OKC, followed by Portland, Utah, Dallas, Denver, LA.

bobby4germany
03-16-2010, 11:56 PM
Utah (white team that just doesn't seem too scary in the Playoffs)

Yep this why I voted for them, those honkey's don't stand a chance! :rolleyes

silverblk mystix
03-17-2010, 12:22 AM
I say the lakers...but your poll has no lakers option---I guess YOU have decided the spurs have no chance against the lakers....pretty weak stuff

50 cent
03-17-2010, 12:29 AM
I say the lakers...but your poll has no lakers option---I guess YOU have decided the spurs have no chance against the lakers....pretty weak stuff
Pretty much. I'm being realistic here.

Sean Cagney
03-17-2010, 12:38 AM
We are not beating LA, lets be real here fans! Dallas will give us hell anytime we meet them, the are rivals and come out to play vs. us. Denver I am not sure of really, they if not having Martin CAN be beat, but will we beat them? I have no clue. I voted OKC, thats our best bet in round one, period.

PHX could be because of our curse on them, but hey once in a blue moon a team can beat you so facing them can enlarge that chance so I would rather OKC or Utah.

HarlemHeat37
03-17-2010, 12:49 AM
Based on my preference, excluding Portland, since there's pretty much no chance that they will play the Spurs..

#1- OKC..
#2- Phoenix..
#3- Utah..
#4- Denver..
#5- Dallas..
#6- LA..

TheSullyMonster
03-17-2010, 07:23 AM
I want Phoenix of Portland.

The articles against OKC would be annoying. Young vs Old, changing of the guard, etc etc.

Old School 44
03-17-2010, 07:42 AM
I'd say Phoenix, followed by Dallas, LA and then Utah. I think they are better off playing a team they have no problem getting up for, a team they have an established rivalry/history with.

DAF86
03-17-2010, 08:05 AM
OKC and Phoenix are pretty close but I'd take OKC based on lack of experience.

Allanon
03-17-2010, 08:27 AM
OKC players will be happy just being there in the Playoffs; ripe for the picking.

silverblackfan
03-17-2010, 09:30 AM
1. The Suns, simply because they are prone to fail against the Spurs and its fun to watch.
2. OKC would be next due to youth. Pop should be able to plain out maneuver them.
3. Utah (and Dallas) have found their A game against the Spurs this year, but I still think a 7 game series would expose them.
4. Portland is injured, but dangerous.
If Denver was on the list, I would pick them after the Suns. It feels like the Spurs handle them well, no matter what their record is.
If we can stay healthy and get Tony back, it will be a fun play offs.