PDA

View Full Version : 48MoH: San Antonio Spurs 88, Miami Heat 76

Blackjack
03-17-2010, 12:00 PM
San Antonio Spurs 88, Miami Heat 76
by Timothy Varner

Don’t look now, but the San Antonio Spurs have suddenly won eight of their last nine games. The Spurs’ margin of victory over that span is 10.5. Is it possible that San Antonio’s embarrassing March 8 loss to a wounded Cavaliers squad will rise from our memories–dragging one leg behind itself, and half-falling forward–as the San Antonio Spurs’ don’t-poke-the-zombie moment of 2010?

Keep reading → (http://www.48minutesofhell.com/2010/03/17/san-antonio-spurs-88-miami-heat-76/#more-7011)

Cane
03-17-2010, 12:02 PM
I wonder if 48MoH would send an e-mail to stop posting their articles if posters like Blackjack posted them in full instead of an excerpt.

Express-News
03-17-2010, 12:06 PM
I wonder if 48MoH would send an e-mail to stop posting their articles if posters like Blackjack posted them in full instead of an excerpt.

doubt it... they aren't as prestigious as we are....

benefactor
03-17-2010, 12:16 PM
McDonald better pray that his superiors never get a hold of any of Varner's recaps.

TheSullyMonster
03-17-2010, 02:56 PM

It's been a habit to always link them in excerpts, to drive hits their way. From before this EN debacle.

DAF86
03-17-2010, 03:18 PM
When a definitive clutch stat is released we’ll learn that Manu Ginobili is all-world, I’m sure.

There's already a stat for that, it's called "winning".

Solid D
03-17-2010, 04:00 PM

An extra click with the index finger shouldn't be too much trouble for most people. It's a good question, though.

tothrowed
03-17-2010, 04:02 PM
there's already a stat for that, it's called "winning".
is that that girl from george lopez in yo sig

DAF86
03-17-2010, 04:05 PM
is that that girl from george lopez in yo sig

I don't know who that is, but I think not. They (they are two different girls) are just some random girls I found in "Altapendeja.com".

Blackjack
03-17-2010, 05:17 PM

No need to wonder; I used to and they didn't.

I was ignorant to how all this interweb stuff worked back when I first started posting and didn't think to how my posting their 'intellectual property', in full, was something that could affect them negatively. Once I learned a bit as to how the whole traffic thing worked ... I began to post the excerpt and link they provide on their main page.

It's obviously their preference to get traffic over to the site, and it's what allows them to keep doing what they're doing and improve on their product, but to think that they'd go the E-N's route is laughable.

48MoH uses, credits and/or interacts with this forum on a daily basis; they're part of the community. They've provided the best Spurs coverage I've been able to find and because it's something I'd personally like to see continue ... an excerpt and a link seems best for all parties; they're not some big-time newspaper using the Spurs as a guise for add space, they're fans who put forth the time and effort to cover the team because of the passion they have for the subject matter.

E-N's desire to get the traffic over there is understandable and they've every right to request a similar approach to that of 48MoH from this board. But to see some of the 'intellectual property' they produce and claim their own ... and the way they've seemingly stuck their collective nose up to ST and others . . .

That's just a respect they haven't earned.

I went to their site the very first day to watch some of ST have a little fun with Jeff in the chat, and haven't gone since; it wasn't even a conscious decision ... they've just really become that irrelevant.

benefactor
03-17-2010, 06:44 PM
Tim Varner would just post or PM if he had an issue...

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=9843

DPG21920
03-17-2010, 07:05 PM
Tim Varner would just post or PM if he had an issue...

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=9843

Now you are helping the traffic to his profile!

tav1
03-17-2010, 09:59 PM
Gang, we really don't have a policy on the matter, and we don't have lawyers. We have a preference. Our preference is for you to link and excerpt. It does help our traffic more than a simple copy and paste of a post.

Having said that, we see ourselves as part of the broader Spurs community, and we certainly have no desire to dictate the terms of the conversation. We're just happy to have a place at the table.

FWIW: I was a member of this board long before I was a blogger. Lots of respect for the people here.

And yes, my ST profile has never seen so much traffic.