PDA

View Full Version : IKEA sucks

oklahomasuckstexas
03-17-2010, 12:59 PM
Seriously. Ikea is fucking shit. I hope they never come to San Antonio. Fuck IKEA.

RandomGuy
03-17-2010, 01:04 PM
sY_Yf4zz-yo

RandomGuy
03-17-2010, 01:09 PM
lu9A0LlLyvo

Bandito Lobsters. ROFL...

Bukefal
03-17-2010, 01:09 PM
^:lmao the swedish chef :king

coyotes_geek
03-17-2010, 01:30 PM
Agreed. My wife and I went to the one in Round Rock once and agreed that there was no need for us to ever go back there.

And yes, we did try the meatballs and they were well below average.

Bukefal
03-17-2010, 01:39 PM
I dont like their products, just not my taste. But, it's a good concept. And it works, all over the world.

ALWAYS bet on BLACK
03-17-2010, 01:46 PM
San Antonio will not have to worry about IKEA coming because the city is too small and poor to support IKEA and thats what all SAN ANTONIO will ever have is whataburgers and taca cabana.

coyotes_geek
03-17-2010, 01:49 PM
I though Ikea's products were okay, it's just the experience of going there that I didn't like. The place is a zoo, and the whole maze concept just made it a stressful shopping experience.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-17-2010, 01:51 PM
and the whole maze concept just made it a stressful shopping experience.

geez. i'd hate to go to an amusement park with you.

mookie2001
03-17-2010, 01:52 PM
i guess austin is also too poor because the nearest one is in georgetown tx

coyotes_geek
03-17-2010, 01:58 PM
geez. i'd hate to go to an amusement park with you.

It's true, you would. Waiting in lines makes me a whiny bitch. :depressed

Wild Cobra
03-17-2010, 02:45 PM
I've never been to IKEA, and the one in Portland is close to where I work. I have only heard good things from everyone who has talked about it. I guess they vary allot by management and location.

Whisky Dog
03-17-2010, 02:51 PM
The only thing I hate about it is that there is only one way to get to the checkouts and that's to walk through the entire store in linear fashion. I've gone to buy some kitchen supplies that were right past the entrance and had to walk the entire store to pay. That's just retarded.

leemajors
03-17-2010, 02:59 PM
The only thing I hate about it is that there is only one way to get to the checkouts and that's to walk through the entire store in linear fashion. I've gone to buy some kitchen supplies that were right past the entrance and had to walk the entire store to pay. That's just retarded.

You can cut pretty much directly to the checkouts at both the one in Round Rock and the one outside of Houston. Just look at the maps, or go in the register side and walk back through.

Whisky Dog
03-17-2010, 03:11 PM
You can cut pretty much directly to the checkouts at both the one in Round Rock and the one outside of Houston. Just look at the maps, or go in the register side and walk back through.

The only one I've been to is the one in Frisco. I asked this dude who worked there how to get to the checkouts and he said you have to walk the store. Could have just been f'n with me though.

Mixability
03-17-2010, 03:15 PM
San Antonio will not have to worry about IKEA coming because the city is too small and poor to support IKEA and thats what all SAN ANTONIO will ever have is whataburgers and taca cabana.

There was a rumor a couple years back that IKEA was looking to build near the Palladium. eh

CuckingFunt
03-17-2010, 03:32 PM
The only one I've been to is the one in Frisco. I asked this dude who worked there how to get to the checkouts and he said you have to walk the store. Could have just been f'n with me though.

Do you mean the one in Emeryville, CA (Bay Area, near San Francisco)? Or is there a place called Frisco I don't know about?

If it's the former, the dude you asked lied to you.

As for IKEA... it's good for some things. I'd never want to furnish an entire house there, but I like a lot of their kitchen stuff and I love the bookcases I bought a couple years ago.

coyotes_geek
03-17-2010, 03:44 PM

Exactly what I didn't like.

Do you mean the one in Emeryville, CA (Bay Area, near San Francisco)? Or is there a place called Frisco I don't know about?

Suburb of Dallas.

CuckingFunt
03-17-2010, 03:51 PM
Suburb of Dallas.

Okay. That makes much more sense.

Frenzy
03-17-2010, 04:11 PM
Who was the person on here that bought a chair for their nephew that was 2 or something and it was $75? :lmao

That store is for people like CC.

I bet it was a chick.

Ignignokt
03-17-2010, 05:03 PM

neocontown tx

Wild Cobra
03-17-2010, 05:44 PM
OK, I'll say what others here refuse to.

IKEA discriminates against fat and lazy people. If you cannot walk a few miles, then stay away.

PublicOption
03-17-2010, 06:06 PM
If you actually by some furniture and put it together (CORRECTLY) you fingd out that there stuff is really durable.

you must be one of those metrosexuals that cant' even change your wife car oil.

IronMaxipad
03-17-2010, 06:18 PM
IKEA is the shit.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b254/toorude88/28w30yg.gif

Strike
03-17-2010, 08:00 PM
I went to the IKEA in Portland and got a couple of things. I'm happy with what I bought.

On a side note, a friend of mine works at that location and said that the Portland store is doing better than any other in the country.

ashbeeigh
03-17-2010, 08:03 PM
I adore my IKEA bed and am seriously contemplating making the trip back up to buy a new duvet because their online selection effing sucks (as far as textiles).

Mixability
03-18-2010, 12:30 AM
They're weird lamps and small furniture are pretty cool, but like it was mentioned above, furnishing a whole house with their stuff? You'll be STILL putting together their crap after the 30 year mortgage is paid.

robino2001
03-18-2010, 08:15 AM

Round Rock... get it right... that place is helping keep my property taxes down :lol

Viva Las Espuelas
03-18-2010, 08:39 AM
If you cannot walk a few miles, then stay away.
true dat. Going to Ikea is clearly an event. No in and out going on here. I like their kitchen stuff. You can find some nifty gadget there. The last thing I got there were some ceramic spice grinders for a measly $5 a pop. That's pretty damn good for ceramic and ceramic is the best way to go as far as grinders go. $.02