PDA

View Full Version : Drunk, high dad leaves baby in oven overnight

IronMaxipad
03-17-2010, 02:05 PM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2010/CRIME/03/16/kentucky.oven.baby/story.larry.long.mcj.jpg

(CNN) -- A Kentucky man high on marijuana and drunk on whiskey put his 5-week-old son in the oven Sunday and left him there overnight, police said.

The oven door was slightly ajar, and the oven was not turned on.

After smoking marijuana at the restaurant where he works as a cook, Larry Long, 33, returned home to share a fifth of whiskey with the baby's mother, Brandy Hatton, McCracken County Sheriff Jon Hayden said in a statement.

Hatton had four or five shots and went to bed while Long finished the bottle, Hayden said.

At 5:30 the next morning, Hatton awoke to the sound of the baby's cries coming from the oven. He had been in it for several hours, police said.

Emergency crews responding to the scene transported the infant to a local hospital, where he was found to be unharmed.

The incident was reported to authorities by a psychiatric facility that Long turned to when he learned what he had done, officials said.

"He actually called a mental health crisis line immediately thereafter and told them that he had done this. And they contacted us," Hayden said.

Police arrested Long and charged him with first degree wanton endangerment. He is being held on bail of $10,000.

Long blamed his actions on the marijuana, which he believes was laced with a hallucinatory agent, officials said.

Authorities have removed the baby from its mother's care and awarded emergency custody to members of her family.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/03/16/kentucky.oven.baby/index.html?iref=allsearch

y1XfGTO2vh8

angel_luv
03-17-2010, 02:28 PM
I am glad to hear that the baby is unharmed. Thank God.

clambake
03-17-2010, 02:30 PM
maybe god told him to cook the baby to prove his faith.....and failed.

dimsah
03-17-2010, 02:32 PM

I know it's your "thing" to be a douchebag in every thread but try giving it to us in smaller doses.

mookie2001
03-17-2010, 02:34 PM
this is exactly what happened the other night when 4cc was trying to work a gas oven

but different

sook
03-17-2010, 02:34 PM
i saw this thread and my heart sank, thank god the oven wasn't on.

What a piece of shit, i hope the justice system shows no mercy on this one.

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-17-2010, 02:45 PM
It sounds like this dad wanted his son to enjoy getting baked as well that night but waited too long to bring the heat. Regardless, he's now forced to stew in the joint.

Sorry to be so blunt.

z0sa
03-17-2010, 02:48 PM
I didn't see any info as to why he put him there in the first place.

clambake
03-17-2010, 02:49 PM
I know it's your "thing" to be a douchebag in every thread but try giving it to us in smaller doses.

i really don't know why you have a problem with what i said.

it wouldn't be the first time god commanded a father to kill his son to prove his faith.

Oh, Gee!!
03-17-2010, 02:49 PM
in kentucky, "a baby in the oven" must literally mean that a baby is in the oven.

clambake
03-17-2010, 02:50 PM
in kentucky, "a baby in the oven" must literally mean that a baby is in the oven.

:lmao

TheManFromAcme
03-17-2010, 02:51 PM
Tragic. Thankfully, the baby is okay.
This guy is a turd personified.

Leetonidas
03-17-2010, 02:56 PM
What a dumbass. At least we all know it was because he drank a 5th of whiskey and not from smoking a joint.

Dex
03-17-2010, 03:07 PM
Good that the baby wasn't harmed and he turned himself in after he realized what he did.

Definitely.

I just can't see the train of thought where a person would be irrational enough to put a child in an oven, but then be rational enough to realize how fucked up that is (easy part) and turn themselves in (hard part).

tlongII
03-17-2010, 06:59 PM
no harm no foul

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-17-2010, 07:02 PM

The sad thing is if he turned the oven on and his kid died, he'd be able to say Jesus told him to do it and plead insanity.

Bukefal
03-17-2010, 07:02 PM
And another sicko. Jeez what's up with all these sick weird stories today :lol

Canibspur
03-18-2010, 12:22 AM
What a dumbass. At least we all know it was because he drank a 5th of whiskey and not from smoking a joint.

Im not sure they ALL know thats why....

Too many people hate on smoking pot, and they actually believe its more harmful than drinking just because drinking alcohol is legal in this country and burning the devils lettuce isnt.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-18-2010, 08:25 AM
Luckily, only one person was baked

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-18-2010, 09:12 AM
What a dumbass. Everyone knows you use a crockpot if you're going to cook something overnight.

760Spursfan
03-18-2010, 05:22 PM
A similar situation happened to me but instead of a baby it was a frozen pizza and the oven was on. I awoke to the smoke alarm about 4hrs later.

IronMaxipad
03-18-2010, 05:24 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/x2lbip.png

Soul_Patch
03-19-2010, 09:18 PM
"FUUUUUCK this kid is sooo loud, and im soooo fucking stoned right now!!!" "Christ, i cant think its too loud!!!!...Here, get in there and calm down, sorry we cant afford a play yard, i had to buy this 5th of old crow"..."Ahh much better, wheres my chips, im gonna go pass out."

"Honey, where is the baby? Uh...asleep i think, "burp"...lets fuck..."

:whine