PDA

View Full Version : Idea for best MP game evar

MiamiHeat
03-17-2010, 03:19 PM
Basically,

a game focused primarily on only Multiplayer online.

- Think of a First-person shooter but with battle scenarios instead of game modes. the recreation of famous battles throughout time... Players play as either side.

- with Team Fortress 2 type classes and abilites, and class balance.
example - a Battlefield Engineer class, who builds walls, trenches/moats, and possibly tunnels?

- the objectives remain true to history. so, nazi's in normandy invasion must hold off attackers for x amount of minutes. allies must capture and destroy multiple objectives before time runs out

- the battle scenarios (BS) remain true to history, so depending on the BS, you have a huge array of objectives. for instance, the battle of Alesia between julius ceaser and vercingetorix. playing as the romans is a completely different experience and strategic battle than if you played the next game as the other side.

- the battle scenarios go down through history to modern times, so you can say "eh im bored of playing the battle of alesia, time to play some Normandy Invasion. and bam, now you join a battle scenario where players play as the alllies storming the beach, or the nazi's defending in the bunkers.

for example, ever played Day of Defeat mod for half-life? there is a map, i think called omaha beach? i don't know, but it's fun and strategic.

- you could even have fun and wacky scenario's, completely made up for fun.

All of this in 1 game. i wouldn't play anything else for a long time.

Dr. Gonzo
03-17-2010, 04:13 PM
ok

koriwhat
03-17-2010, 04:24 PM
how about a MP roulette where one nerdy lookin' middle eastern fool can't get any lady to show him some attention? sounds like a block buster... or a MP game where you try to cook a pizza in under 15 mins?

MiamiHeat
03-17-2010, 06:15 PM
ok

why don't you write more? just ok

thats lame

Dr. Gonzo
03-17-2010, 08:47 PM
why don't you write more? just ok

thats lame

Not as lame as your shitty game idea.

z0sa
03-17-2010, 09:49 PM
I dunno about that idea, but I do think there should be more FPS/RTS hybrids - there essentially have been none that were truly successful and innovative enough (NS, looking your way).

The problem is execution - how to build what everyone needs while keeping balance and difficulty decently high, work a tech tree, etc like one commander does in an RTS, with one pool of credits, but spread over a whole team; and without confusing or distracting everyone or forcing them to stay at the base for unnecessary lengths of time.

That would be the ultimate MP game IMO. The ability of players working together to construct actual bases on the battlefield quickly and efficiently while somehow working up a mutual tech tree based on everyone's interests could make each game different

Of course, concept is about 5% of the work...

One thing every game should have had since the late 90's is some sort of developer kit, standard. You should be able to create your own single player/multiplayer scenarios, cheat at any given moment, go back in/slow down time etc and every game should have these options easily accessible. We pay $60 for a game and have no actual control unless you feel like modding it - pain in the ass if you just wanna have some quick fun..