PDA

View Full Version : "Attention Wal-Mart customers: All black people leave the store now.''

IronMaxipad
03-17-2010, 04:02 PM
Wal-Mart officials are looking at security tapes
after an announcement was made for "all black people''
to leave a store in South Jersey.

A man used the public-address system at the Route 42
store in Washington Township Sunday night and calmly announced:

"Attention Wal-Mart customers: All black people leave the store now.''

Patricia Covington and Shelia Ellington were inside the store
when it happened and told the Courier Post that customers
and store employees looked stunned when they heard it.
"In 2010, I want to know why such statements are being
made because it flies in the face of what we teach them [our kids]
at home, and that's tolerance for people," said Ellington. Weird News

Photos Weird News Photos LOOK Weird News Photos Ellington and
other customers let store management and police know they were
upset. They asked the store to use the same announcement system
to apologize to customers that night, which it did. Wal-Mart management
called the incident "unacceptable," and said it's working to make sure
nothing like this happens at any other stores. Washington Township
police and the Gloucester County Prosecutor's Office are investigating
the incident as a possible bias crime. "I can't believe it in this day and age,"
Covington told the paper. "Wal-Mart needs to be more responsible."
Covington and Elllington are boycotting the store.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local-beat/All-Black-People-Asked-to-Leave-South-Jersey-Walmart-88118157.html

Ignignokt
03-17-2010, 04:20 PM
boycotting? this is beyond stupid.

bias crime?

Thanks progressives, but we're becoming a bunch of nancys.

Dark Gable
03-17-2010, 04:41 PM
I'd be one pissed off black man.

jack sommerset
03-17-2010, 04:45 PM
Hahahahahahaha

Dex
03-17-2010, 04:55 PM
I think it's dumb for people to blame the Walmart unless they can prove an employee did it.

It used to be pretty easy to get on the PA using any publicly available phone at places like HEB and Wally-World. As long as you could read the word INTERCOM.

I'd like to think they'd at least put it to a code or something, but even then a former employee or anybody who knows the trick could just as easily pull it off.

Kids have stupid ideas for jokes these days, and I bet this is nothing more than that.

Ignignokt
03-17-2010, 04:58 PM
I'd be one pissed off black man.

and that's not an easy task.

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-17-2010, 05:15 PM
I'm appalled. He should have been more PC and used the term "people of color".

Wild Cobra
03-17-2010, 05:47 PM
boycotting? this is beyond stupid.

bias crime?

Thanks progressives, but we're becoming a bunch of nancys.
Or as Denny Crane would call one judge, a Nambie Pambie...

Really now. They cannot just lock up the PA system. Who ever instigated what they though was a prank needs to be dealt with of found, but to hold the store responsible...

Bad form.

Also, can we stop being to sensitive to pranks people?

DMX7
03-17-2010, 06:05 PM
That's too funny.

IceColdBrewski
03-17-2010, 06:20 PM
I used the intercom at the local walmart a couple of months ago when I went there to get some paint. It was a special color, so I knew it would have to be mixed. Must have stood there for 15 minutes waiting for someone to show up and help me. After that, I was nice and pissed. That's when I noticed the phone sitting there. It had the intercom instructions printed clealy on it. Big mistake on their part, because I let them (and everyone else in the store) know that I was growing old waiting for assistance in the paint section. Two employees showed up within a minute.

I walked by the same paint section a week later and they had removed the phone. :lol

mojorizen7
03-17-2010, 10:24 PM
I worked for Wal-Mart in the mid 90's and i had some fun with the intercom a few times.
Inhaling from the helium tank and making customer service pages etc....but racial slurs? Nah.....

oklahomasuckstexas
03-17-2010, 10:43 PM
The only plausible reconcilliation is to have the white man give iver his wife and daughters to the black man and allow his women to serve the black man as proper reparations.

Let's all have one big Licoln party.

Geeeeeeeze ...

lefty
03-18-2010, 10:59 AM
I worked for Wal-Mart in the mid 90's and i had some fun with the intercom a few times.
Inhaling from the helium tank and making customer service pages etc....but racial slurs? Nah.....
:lmao

I've always wanted to do that

Spursfan092120
03-18-2010, 11:11 AM
m0M5M7de75k

Mixability
03-18-2010, 11:31 AM
Just a prank.

Hmmm, using the PA system to yell out "La Migra!" at a few of the Walmarts here on the Southside might be fun......

J.T.
03-18-2010, 11:40 AM
Hmmm, using the PA system to yell out "La Migra!" at a few of the Walmarts here on the Southside might be fun......

Just rig up your truck to look like an immigration services vehicle and drive around the San Marcos outlet mall around Easter time. People will gtfo of there faster than yelling "Cops!" at a keg party.

RandomGuy
03-18-2010, 11:42 AM
Somebody's bad idea of a prank. A non-issue.

No one credibly beleives that it is anywhere near official or even tolerated.

angel_luv
03-18-2010, 11:47 AM
What if the person on the P.A. was a black person and was trying to get their fellow black people to leave for reasons of safety because the the P.A. person was about to punk all the white customers?

Everyone is too quick to assume they are being insulted.

JoeChalupa
03-18-2010, 11:50 AM
What if the person on the P.A. was a black person and was trying to get their fellow black people to leave for reasons of safety because the the P.A. person was about to punk all the white customers?

:lol What a scenario.

angel_luv
03-18-2010, 12:02 PM
:lol What a scenario.

:lol Highly unlikely I know.

But my point is that no person would mind if thier race was singled out for something good- like a free $ 50 giftcard- even though it meant other races were left out.

No one should get their panties in a knot when their race is on the receiving end of an unfortunate prank, as all races are from time to time.
This was likely the work of some punk kid trying to impress his/ her friends over spring break.

Walmart is not going to purposefully alienate customers, especially in this economy. The manager immediately apologized. So I don't see what more those people feel they are due.

Wild Cobra
03-18-2010, 12:11 PM

LOL...

I was thinking it possible that the perpetrator was black, but not for that reason. Still, i guess I didn't want to express such a thought.

angel_luv
03-18-2010, 12:13 PM
LOL...

I was thinking it possible that the perpetrator was black, but not for that reason. Still, i guess I didn't want to express such a thought.

Well, I am half black so I can say it. :)

Wild Cobra
03-18-2010, 12:21 PM
Well, I am half black so I can say it. :)
I'm 1/16th...

Does that count?

Viva Las Espuelas
03-18-2010, 12:27 PM
You know the friend of the idiot that did this has the video of them doing it on their phone.

angel_luv
03-18-2010, 12:32 PM
I'm 1/16th...

Does that count?

Sure- we'll claim you. :)

:lol I remember getting my feelings hurt at summer camp when I was a young teen. The black people said I didn't act black enough so even though I am half black- they would not claim me. :depressed

JoeChalupa
03-18-2010, 12:37 PM
Well, I know my wife sure would be insulted.

angel_luv
03-18-2010, 12:39 PM
Well, I know my wife sure would be insulted.

What would resolve the issue for her had she been there?

Oh, Gee!!
03-18-2010, 12:48 PM

huh?

resistanze
03-18-2010, 12:54 PM
Is there some organized boycott going on? Or is it only the two random black people they interviewed in the article?

CuckingFunt
03-18-2010, 12:57 PM
But my point is that no person would mind if thier race was singled out for something good- like a free $ 50 giftcard- even though it meant other races were left out.

Speak for yourself.

My race is frequently, in fact almost universally, singled out for something good at the detriment of other races and I mind it very much. To the point that I've dedicated a good deal of my time and energy to educating myself, calling attention to, and fighting to end such inequities.

No one should get their panties in a knot when their race is on the receiving end of an unfortunate prank, as all races are from time to time.
This was likely the work of some punk kid trying to impress his/ her friends over spring break.

Walmart is not going to purposefully alienate customers, especially in this economy. The manager immediately apologized. So I don't see what more those people feel they are due.

Not only should people get their panties in a knot when their own race is, as you put it, on the receiving end of an unfortunate prank, but members of other races should get their panties in a knot about it, too. This kind of shit isn't okay. The fact that it still happens in 2010, even in jest, saddens me. The fact that it would be so quickly dismissed as a prank, and further that such pranks would be dismissed as an inevitable and unavoidable part of the human experience, flat out depresses me. And threatens my optimism that we'll ever move beyond this shit.

I've been more than clear about my hatred of Wal-Mart as a corporation in the past, but as it's highly unlikely this was a company endorsed announcement, I think it's a waste of energy to blame them as a whole. That being said, I think that everyone in the store at the time of that announcement -- black, white, brown, purple, or otherwise -- is well within their rights to feel/have felt uncomfortable and/or offended.

mrsmaalox
03-18-2010, 01:12 PM
Good thing they didn't ask for all the stupid people to leave.

Mixability
03-18-2010, 01:14 PM
Just rig up your truck to look like an immigration services vehicle and drive around the San Marcos outlet mall around Easter time. People will gtfo of there faster than yelling "Cops!" at a keg party.

:tu

Well I got an SUV........hmmmm

Damn I hate the outlets at that time and Northstar at any time! :ihit

z0sa
03-18-2010, 01:17 PM
My race is frequently, in fact almost universally, singled out for something good at the detriment of other races and I mind it very much.

And what race would that be?

If you consider yourself white, don't mind me calling you conditioned by society.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-18-2010, 01:22 PM
Geez. Sticks and stones, people. The e-tough guy-ness that goes on here is way more petty than what this idiot did.

CuckingFunt
03-18-2010, 01:35 PM
And what race would that be?

If you consider yourself white, don't mind me calling you conditioned by society.

I don't, personally, identify as "white," since the parameters/definition of whiteness have changed so much throughout our country's history as to make the term itself completely arbitrary. And because both my Irish and Sicilian heritage would have, at different times within that history, kept me from being considered white no matter the color of my skin.

That being said, I would today be considered white by others and have definitely benefited from white privilege as a result. I'm curious to know how I have been conditioned by society.

z0sa
03-18-2010, 01:45 PM
I don't, personally, identify as "white," since the parameters/definition of whiteness have changed so much throughout our country's history as to make the term itself completely arbitrary. And because both my Irish and Sicilian heritage would have, at different times within that history, kept me from being considered white no matter the color of my skin.

I absolutely agree "white" is the most "subjective" race. Probably because white people are actually mixtures of races rather than their own distinct "race" (IMO - trying to be PC).

That being said, I would today be considered white by others and have definitely benefited from white privilege as a result.

I'm curious to know how I have been conditioned by society.

Don't you find it kind of odd feeling guilty or privileged being a normal white person in this day and age, especially when you are preaching about moving past such ideals?

Can you be more specific about which "white" privileges you enjoy that other races cannot?

Viva Las Espuelas
03-18-2010, 01:48 PM
Don't you find it kind of odd feeling guilty or privileged being a normal white person in this day and age, especially when you are preaching about moving past such ideals?

rich, ain't it?

angel_luv
03-18-2010, 02:11 PM
Speak for yourself.

My race is frequently, in fact almost universally, singled out for something good at the detriment of other races and I mind it very much. To the point that I've dedicated a good deal of my time and energy to educating myself, calling attention to, and fighting to end such inequities.

Not only should people get their panties in a knot when their own race is, as you put it, on the receiving end of an unfortunate prank, but members of other races should get their panties in a knot about it, too. This kind of shit isn't okay. The fact that it still happens in 2010, even in jest, saddens me. The fact that it would be so quickly dismissed as a prank, and further that such pranks would be dismissed as an inevitable and unavoidable part of the human experience, flat out depresses me. And threatens my optimism that we'll ever move beyond this shit.

I've been more than clear about my hatred of Wal-Mart as a corporation in the past, but as it's highly unlikely this was a company endorsed announcement, I think it's a waste of energy to blame them as a whole. That being said, I think that everyone in the store at the time of that announcement -- black, white, brown, purple, or otherwise -- is well within their rights to feel/have felt uncomfortable and/or offended.

Wow. I agree with you in that it is dangerous to become complacent to prejudice because that is how it becomes acceptable.
And I love a good cause as much as anyone. My family are crusaders in nature- always standing up for the underdog.

But this incident was to me not a huge one in the grand scheme of things. It is not as if any vulgarities were used. No one was hurt- other than their feelings.

To be severe with Walmart, in regards to this particular incident, to me seems an overreaction- especially as Walmart has been so apologetic.

Whisky Dog
03-18-2010, 02:57 PM
The reason people do this is because it's a lot more fun to mess with people who get all pissed and emotion than it is to mess with people who just ignore you. People crave attention and getting pissed constitutes attention.

Spurminator
03-18-2010, 03:08 PM
It was a dumb prank that probably made a lot of people in the store feel uncomfortable when they shouldn't have had to. But I don't know that a national conversation around the incident is really the answer for preventing this kind of thing.

I think the best course of action is to collectively roll our eyes and move on.

JoeChalupa
03-18-2010, 03:31 PM
What would resolve the issue for her had she been there?

She/we would walked out. It was a stupid thing to do but that doesn't mean one shouldn't feel offended by it.

JoeChalupa
03-18-2010, 03:34 PM
The reason people do this is because it's a lot more fun to mess with people who get all pissed and emotion than it is to mess with people who just ignore you. People crave attention and getting pissed constitutes attention.

It also constitutes anger and frustration. Getting pissed can lead to positive results in some cases.

Ignignokt
03-18-2010, 03:50 PM
It also constitutes anger and frustration. Getting pissed can lead to positive results in some cases.

Your wife getting pissed is a healthy and righteous reaction.. demanding an apology is also good idea. But had she tried to boycott and make it a national dialogue screams of bullshit.

Cmon, you're black, I get it. But don't try to act like the Anti Defamation league. Have some dignity. Demand respect only, don't demand money or some kind of reparation. Walmart didn't do this, nor does it endorse this behaviour.

CuckingFunt
03-18-2010, 03:58 PM

Who said I felt guilty about it? I find the whole "white guilt" thing to be completely unproductive in creating any kind of social change. I do think it is important to recognize the way power/privilege/oppression works within our society and to recognize the ways in which we all are hurt and helped by that system based on various aspects of our identity and at different times in our lives, but guilt does nothing. I don't feel guilty for receiving privilege based on my race, nor do I expect someone who is male and/or heterosexual to feel guilty for receiving privilege that I don't.

Guilt is not a necessary component in recognizing a need for change.

Can you be more specific about which "white" privileges you enjoy that other races cannot?

Privilege in general can mean any number of things, but is as often as not defined by the shit you just don't have to worry about: things that are granted you automatically. In terms of race, that can range from big things -- I live fairly assured of never being turned away from an apartment or a job based on my race, for example -- to little things, like knowing that I can turn on the TV and see countless other people who look like me or that I can shop in any store without half the staff following/watching me.

If you're genuinely interested in what I'm talking about, rather than just looking to argue, Peggy McIntosh's 1988 article, "White Privilege: Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=10&ved=0CB8QFjAJ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nymbp.org%2Freference%2FWhite Privilege.pdf&rct=j&q=peggy+mcintosh&ei=oZGiS5u9AYaUMpKowfUI&usg=AFQjCNHc4ofQVRK9tZKwkqYpK_hXr1KI3w&sig2=tipuB9RcJIrxap9C_vcshQ)," is generally seen as the defining text on the subject and is a pretty interesting read. That link above is a PDF.

JoeChalupa
03-18-2010, 03:59 PM
Your wife getting pissed is a healthy and righteous reaction.. demanding an apology is also good idea. But had she tried to boycott and make it a national dialogue screams of bullshit.

Cmon, you're black, I get it. But don't try to act like the Anti Defamation league. Have some dignity. Demand respect only, don't demand money or some kind of reparation. Walmart didn't do this, nor does it endorse this behaviour.

Of course Walmart didn't do it or endorses the behavior but it sure doesn't help their reputation. Businesses can and do get their reputations tarnished by their employees.

Ignignokt
03-18-2010, 04:00 PM
Speak for yourself.

Whatever. If we're gonna have sympathy amongst the races, we need to end distinctions positive or negative. Also we must eliminate double standards. Just because you've been enslaved, doesn't mean its acceptable for you to hurl slurs at a "priveleged" group. Don't piss and moan when you don't have the colorblind society.

"It's a black think, you wouldn't understand" "Only Mexicans..etc"- that bullshit needs to stop if we want there to be an egalitarian society.

And while white progressive POS's bask in white guilt and condone seperatist behaviour in minority groups while expecting their own to rise above and swallow this PC garbage, this whole race thing isn't gonna be solved.

Because you know what. I don't give a shit if we all hold hands, sing the same song, and act like there is no difference.

I don't want equal results. I want a fair chance at life. And yes, discrimination and race still does affect alot of us from conquering some task we wish to aspire to. But we should confront those issues when they matter. This walmart thing is a scratch from a pebble on an otherwise totaled car we call "race relations".

Stop being primadonas, limpwristed fruits, and oppurtunistic.

All i want is respect. In your mind, i don't give a shit if you think i'm a dirty lazy spic. All i want is to make my money, and get some respect. Fuck your parties, fuck your racial awareness.

I just want to bbq, listened to my cultural music, and for you to fack off.

Ignignokt
03-18-2010, 04:03 PM
Of course Walmart didn't do it or endorses the behavior but it sure doesn't help their reputation. Businesses can and do get their reputations tarnished by their employees.

it sure doesn't help their reputation if your a moron and can't seperate the difference from a company condoning and an individual comminting said act.

If a stranger walked up to your car and wrote "CHinks! go to hell!" and it wasn't you, do you have to apologize to every asian and send them a fruitbasket?

No, that's ridiculous.

JoeChalupa
03-18-2010, 04:05 PM
R-E-S-P-E-C-T!! sockittome, sockittome, sockittome

Ignignokt
03-18-2010, 04:08 PM
R-E-S-P-E-C-T!! sockittome, sockittome, sockittome

totally.

We can agree on that.

JoeChalupa
03-18-2010, 04:11 PM
it sure doesn't help their reputation if your a moron and can't seperate the difference from a company condoning and an individual comminting said act.

If a stranger walked up to your car and wrote "CHinks! go to hell!" and it wasn't you, do you have to apologize to every asian and send them a fruitbasket?

No, that's ridiculous.

Of course one can separate the difference but that doesn't mean the company is not affected by their employee's actions. It happens all the time.

JoeChalupa
03-18-2010, 04:12 PM
But I hear. Extreme reactions can be looked as nothing more than wanting attention.

Ignignokt
03-18-2010, 04:18 PM
Who said I felt guilty about it? I find the whole "white guilt" thing to be completely unproductive in creating any kind of social change. I do think it is important to recognize the way power/privilege/oppression works within our society and to recognize the ways in which we all are hurt and helped by that system based on various aspects of our identity and at different times in our lives, but guilt does nothing. I don't feel guilty for receiving privilege based on my race, nor do I expect someone who is male and/or heterosexual to feel guilty for receiving privilege that I don't.

Privilege in general can mean any number of things, but is as often as not defined by the shit you just don't have to worry about: things that are granted you automatically. In terms of race, that can range from big things -- I live fairly assured of never being turned away from an apartment or a job based on my race, for example -- to little things, like knowing that I can turn on the TV and see countless other people who look like me or that I can shop in any store without half the staff following/watching me.

If you're genuinely interested in what I'm talking about, rather than just looking to argue, Peggy McIntosh's 1988 article, "White Privilege: Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=10&ved=0CB8QFjAJ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nymbp.org%2Freference%2FWhite Privilege.pdf&rct=j&q=peggy+mcintosh&ei=oZGiS5u9AYaUMpKowfUI&usg=AFQjCNHc4ofQVRK9tZKwkqYpK_hXr1KI3w&sig2=tipuB9RcJIrxap9C_vcshQ)," is generally seen as the defining text on the subject and is a pretty interesting read. That link above is a PDF.

i can respect this. i would like to hold my judgement until i read the PDF.

thanx:p:

CuckingFunt
03-18-2010, 04:25 PM
Whatever. If we're gonna have sympathy amongst the races, we need to end distinctions positive or negative. Also we must eliminate double standards. Just because you've been enslaved, doesn't mean its acceptable for you to hurl slurs at a "priveleged" group. Don't piss and moan when you don't have the colorblind society.

"It's a black think, you wouldn't understand" "Only Mexicans..etc"- that bullshit needs to stop if we want there to be an egalitarian society.

And while white progressive POS's bask in white guilt and condone seperatist behaviour in minority groups while expecting their own to rise above and swallow this PC garbage, this whole race thing isn't gonna be solved.

Because you know what. I don't give a shit if we all hold hands, sing the same song, and act like there is no difference.

I don't want equal results. I want a fair chance at life. And yes, discrimination and race still does affect alot of us from conquering some task we wish to aspire to. But we should confront those issues when they matter. This walmart thing is a scratch from a pebble on an otherwise totaled car we call "race relations".

Stop being primadonas, limpwristed fruits, and oppurtunistic.

All i want is respect. In your mind, i don't give a shit if you think i'm a dirty lazy spic. All i want is to make my money, and get some respect. Fuck your parties, fuck your racial awareness.

I just want to bbq, listened to my cultural music, and for you to fack off.

It's every bit as dangerous to stereotype progressives, as you put it, as it is to stereotype different races. It's completely counterproductive and a big part of how these issues are allowed to continue. I merely suggested that people, regardless of their race, can and should be offended by the "prank" and you've used it to make several completely inaccurate assumptions about me and/or my position.

I think white guilt is pointless. I think "colorblindness" is completely ineffectual. I certainly don't think that members of oppressed groups should be given carte blanche to hurl insults or slurs at members of privileged groups. I don't "condone separatist behavior," though I do think that people should be allowed/encouraged to socialize with whomever they choose -- friends shouldn't be made based on a quota system. And as much as I love and proudly embrace my Sicilian heritage/culture, I certainly would never advocate for the denial or modification of ethnic/national cultures.

The only thing I've ever advocated -- in this thread, on these boards, or anywhere else -- is for ALL people to have completely equal access across the board, and against the singling out/ridiculing/discrimination against any one group of people based on a particular aspect of their identity. That's it.

mouse
03-18-2010, 04:44 PM
If you guys are serious and want to end this childish behavior and all the race bullshit then go after the real perpetrators.

http://www.frontrowking.com/Concert_Tickets/Pics/chris-rock.jpg
http://www.popmatters.com/images/film_art/d/delirious-inside.jpg
http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/img/review/010302/kings_l.jpg

Whisky Dog
03-18-2010, 05:18 PM

Really? Give me some examples. Using a perceived injustice to focus and make yourself better is positive, but getting pissed means irrational emotions usually come to the surface which lead to irrational decisions which are almost always bad. At the least, getting all pissed about something like this does nothing more than ruin your day and negatively impact your mood, in which case you just gave that person control over your emotions.

It seems a lot of people have some sort of warped perception of reality being some nice place where everyone works together and gets along. In reality there are negative forces, prejudice, and challenges everywhere you turn, and if you easily let others guide your emotions they'll take advantage of that power over you. If something happens to me that I perceive is an injustice I try to think about it for a moment and decide what action will get results and what the consequences will be. If I weigh the action worth the consequences then I do it. If not I just move along and put it behind me. Bitching and getting mad does nothing. It takes a while to get used to reacting in this fashion but the closer you get to getting it down the better off you are.

IronMaxipad
03-18-2010, 05:21 PM
I made this thread thinking it was funny.. Shit got serious quick :lol 3 Pages?

JoeChalupa
03-18-2010, 05:22 PM
Really? Give me some examples. Using a perceived injustice to focus and make yourself better is positive, but getting pissed means irrational emotions usually come to the surface which lead to irrational decisions which are almost always bad. At the least, getting all pissed about something like this does nothing more than ruin your day and negatively impact your mood, in which case you just gave that person control over your emotions.

It seems a lot of people have some sort of warped perception of reality being some nice place where everyone works together and gets along. In reality there are negative forces, prejudice, and challenges everywhere you turn, and if you easily let others guide your emotions they'll take advantage of that power over you. If something happens to me that I perceive is an injustice I try to think about it for a moment and decide what action will get results and what the consequences will be. If I weigh the action worth the consequences then I do it. If not I just move along and put it behind me. Bitching and getting mad does nothing. It takes a while to get used to reacting in this fashion but the closer you get to getting it down the better off you are.

Rosa Parks is one although she may not have screamed and yelled. I'm sure there were some who called her an attention whore back in the day but things changed although they stayed the same. What some call bitching and moaning others see as speaking out against injustice. That was the point I was trying to make.

JoeChalupa
03-18-2010, 05:23 PM
I made this thread thinking it was funny.. Shit got serious quick :lol 3 Pages?

Wait until God comes into the picture.......

mrsmaalox
03-18-2010, 05:37 PM
Wait until God comes into the picture.......

I was going to say :lol Tolerance and equality unless your religious views includes talking to God. Then singling out and ridicule is okay.

Sisk
03-18-2010, 07:41 PM
and that's not an easy task.

sarcasm?

Spursfan092120
03-18-2010, 09:47 PM
If you guys are serious and want to end this childish behavior and all the race bullshit then go after the real perpetrators.

http://www.frontrowking.com/Concert_Tickets/Pics/chris-rock.jpg
http://www.popmatters.com/images/film_art/d/delirious-inside.jpg

Hmmm

kkwB76o-3Go

Cyrano
03-18-2010, 10:34 PM
Maybe things are actually improving. So far, we haven't seen Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson showing up and holding a press conference.......

balli
03-18-2010, 10:36 PM
Fuck white people. I can't believe I am one.

Let freedom ring with a buckshot, but not just yet
First we need to truly understand the nature of the threat
And a pale man walks in the threshold of darkness
Roughly 20,000 years ago the first humans evolved
With the phenotypical trait, genetic recessive
Blue eyes, blonde hair and white skin
Albinism apparently was a sin to the original man, Africans
So the mutants traveled North of the equator
Called Europeans later, the first race haters
So here's the Devil's alpha to the beta
Cause history's best qualified to teach one
Quoting German philosopher Schopenhauer
"Every white man is a faded or a bleached one"
Migration created further mutation
Genetic drifts, evolution through recombination
Adaptation to the climate
As the Caucus Mountain man reverted to that of a primate
Savage Neanderthals, until the late Paleolithic age
That's when the Black Grimaldi man came
With the symbol of the dragon, fire and art
Check cave paintings in France and Spain to the Venus of Willendorf
Around 2000 B.C. Southern Russians migrate in small units
Those who travel West populated Europe
Those who went East settled in Iran, known as Aryans
1500 B.C. some crossed the Khyber Pass into India and
Created Hinduism, the first caste system, the origins of racism
A white dot on the forehead meant elite
The black dot - defeat; untrustable, untouchables
They wrote the holy Vedas in Sanskrit
That's the language that created Greek, German, Latin and English
Now the Minoans around 2000 B.C.
Starts on the island of Crete, in the Agean Sea
The Greek culture begins Western Civilization
But "Western Civilization" means "White Domination"
Myceneans learned from Kemet, called Egypt in Greek
It existed since at least 3000 B.C.
Creatin geometry and astronomy
This knowledge influenced Plato, Socrates and Hippocrates
Cause Imhotep, the real real father of medicine
Was worshiped in Greece and Rome in the form of a Black African
The word Africa comes from the Greek "Aphrike"
Meaning "without cold"; the word philosophy means "love of knowledge"
Stole from first man, Greek power expands
The first Greek fraternities band
The word gymnasium is Greek for "naked"
This was the place where adolescent boys were educated, and molested
This was accepted because Greek culture was homosexual
For example, Sappho trained girls on the island of Lesbos
Hence, the word lesbian (Ay let these dumb motherfuckers know)
December 25th, the birth of Saturn
A homosexual god, now check the historical pattern
December 25, now thought the birth of Christ
Was Saturnalia, when men got drunk,
Fucked each other then beat their wife
Fact is, it was still practiced, til they called it Christmas
So put a gerbil on your Christmas list
The Hellenistic Era, Alexander the Great
Conquers all the way to India leavin four successor states
By the Fifth century B.C., R.O.M.E.
Succeeds to be the conqueror of Egypt and Greece
But had the threat of the Black Phoenicians in Sicily
The Punic Wars began 264 B.C.
The Black general Hannibal and Carthaginian Peace
In 146 B.C. Carthage fell after a six-month siege
Rome sold every citizen to slavery
The first genocide of history
And more bisexuality in sight; Julius Caesar was known as
"every woman's husband and every man's wife" (BEOTCH!)
Spartacus Revolt, a slave rebellion that lost
Where 6,000 slaves was nailed on a cross
Cross? Aw, shit! Jesus Christ! Time for some-act-right
Christians get your facts right
Cause Christ was not his name
That's Greek for "One who is anointed"
Yahshua Ben Yosef was his name, do Christians know this?
So who do you praise, do you know his name?
Or do you do this in vain?
Accepting the religion they gave slaves to behave
Peep the description of historian Josephus
"Short, dark, with an underdeveloped beard was Jesus"
He had the Romans fearing revolution
The solution was to take him to court and falsely accuse him
After being murdered by Pilate how can it be
These same white Romans established Christianity
Constantine would later see the cross in a dream
In his vision, it read "En Hawk Signo Wonka":
"In this sign we conquer" - Manifest Destiny
In 325 he convened the Nicean Creed
And separated god into three
Decided Jesus was born on December 25th
And raised then on the third day is a myth
Plus to deceive us
Commissioned Michelangelo to paint white pictures of Jesus
He used his aunt, uncle, and nephew
Subconsciously that affects you
It makes you put white people closer to God
(Yo, 'The Man' got game like a motherfucker!)
True indeed, fuck it, Jihad
In the eight century Muslims conquered
Spain, Portugal and France and controlled it for 700 years
They never mention this in history class
Cause o'fays are threatened when you get the real lesson
Moors from Baghdad, Turkey threatened European Christians
Meaning, the white way of life; hence the Crusades for Christ
On November 25th, 1491
Santiago defeats the last Muslim stronghold, Grenada
King Ferdinand gave thanks to God for victory
And the Pope of Rome and declared this date to forever be
A day of "Thanksgiving" for all European Christians

.. Now listen, when you celebrate "Thanksgiving"
What you are actually celebratin
Is the proclamation of the Pope of Rome
Who later, in league with Queen Isabella
Sent Cardinal Ximenos to Spain
To murder any blacks that resisted Christianity
These Moors, these black men and women
Were from Baghdad, Turkey
And today, you eat the turkey, for your "Thanksgiving" day
As the European Powers destroyed the Turkeys
Who were the forefathers of your mothers and fathers
Now fight the power, you bitch-ass niggaz!

Now around this time, Whites started callings us Negroes
That's Spanish for black object meaning we're not really people
But property, and the triangle trade begins - they seize us
Queen Elizabeth sends the first slaves on a ship named Jesus
Stealin land from the indigenous natives
Gave them alcohol to keep the Red Man intoxicated
Whites claim they had to civilize these pagan animals
But up until 1848 there's documented cases
Of whites bein the savage cannibals, eatin Indians
In 1992, it's Jeffery Dahmer
They slaughtered a whole race with guns
Drugs, priests and nuns
1763, the first demonic tactic of biological warfare
As tokens of peace, Sir Jeffery Amherst
Passed out clothin and blankets to the Indian community
Infested with small pox, knowin they had no immunity
Today it's AIDS, you best believe it's man made
Cause ain't a damn thing changed.. let me explain
Now since people of color are genetically dominant
And Caucasoids are genetically recessive
And Whites expect to be predominant, meaning survive as a race then
They simply must, take precautions
That's why they're worried about their future now
'cause by 2050, almost all the Earth's population
Will be brown, then black, so understandin that, whites counterreact
(I'm sayin.. man.. them fools
ain't nothin but a teaspoon of milk in the world color majority)
So they created a system
To force blacks into an unnatural position
That re-enforces the position of natural inferiority
In addition, created guns and developed the ethnocentric view
That God justifies every fuckin thing they do
Condition people to perceive whites' culture as civilized
And every other culture considered primitive - not true!
Racism is the system of racial subjugation against nonwhites
In every areas of human relation
Entertainment, education, labor, politics
Law, religion, sex, war and economics
See blacks were 3/5ths of a man with tax purposes intended
You think you're Afro-American?
You're a 14th amendment and a good nigga
Jews don't salute the fuckin swastika
But niggaz pledge allegiance to the flag that accosted ya
They never teach about the break of islands like Jamaica
But before slaves came here whites would take a
Pregnant women, hang her from a tree by her toes
Slice her stomach with a knife
And let the unborn baby fall to the flo'
And stop an unborn child in front of all the slaves
To inbreed fear, so they'd be scared and behave
And not rebel more
Understand all whites must be perceived as potential predators
I paraphrase historian Ishakamusa Barashango
"Understand that regardless of the lofty ideas ingraved on paper
in such documents as the Constitution or Declaration
the basic nature.. of the European American white man
remains virtually unchanged".. so check
This is the nature of the threat

baseline bum
03-18-2010, 10:48 PM
They wrote the holy Vedas in Sanskrit
That's the language that created Greek, German, Latin and English

That's not true at all.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4f/IndoEuropeanTree.svg

marini martini
03-18-2010, 10:50 PM
youhave convinced me to hate whitey's!!!!!!!!!!!:tu

balli
03-18-2010, 10:54 PM
That's not true at all.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4f/IndoEuropeanTree.svg

He actually makes more than a few errors... but means aside, I generally agree with the over-arching theme and its implications about my shit ass race. (not that he necessarily lets black people off the hook either)

Al Sharpton
03-18-2010, 11:03 PM
Maybe things are actually improving. So far, we haven't seen Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson showing up and holding a press conference.......

What are you trying to say!?!?

Kamala
03-19-2010, 02:54 AM
The La Migra idea could be more effective at Home Depot. On second thought one might be trampled if that happened. Like George Lopez said it should be renamed Holmes Depot

TheManFromAcme
03-19-2010, 08:49 AM
Walmarts are magnets to all types. Take the bible belt for example.
Walmarts in that area are meccas for toothless, NASCAR/WWF watching trailer trash crackers.

Walmarts offer quick glimpses to this nations socio-economic make-up.

:rolleyes

bigzak25
03-19-2010, 09:26 AM
this shit don't happen at Target!

La Migra
03-19-2010, 10:24 AM
The La Migra idea could be more effective at Home Depot. On second thought one might be trampled if that happened. Like George Lopez said it should be renamed Holmes Depot

z0sa
03-19-2010, 12:53 PM
Who said I felt guilty about it?

It is a logical conclusion, considering your position (that white people enjoy privileges at the detriment of other races). That's not exactly a 'popular' notion among whites, agreed? Peggy McIntosh touches on that concept.

However, I have no reason to disbelieve you when you say you feel no guilt. Indeed, you exhibit convincing human compassion, but few are moved towards philanthropy without even the simplest and most innocent personal motives.

I find the whole "white guilt" thing to be completely unproductive in creating any kind of social change. I do think it is important to recognize the way power/privilege/oppression works within our society and to recognize the ways in which we all are hurt and helped by that system based on various aspects of our identity and at different times in our lives, but guilt does nothing.

I agree that feeling guilty over yourself has nothing but negative implications. However, there are other signs that point to this being a subconscious shroud of guilt placed upon some whites - conditioned, if you will.

Take the Invisible Knapsack, for instance.

IMO, several of the items in the Invisible Knapsack are directly correlated, or even caused by, guilt. These items hold little relevance except as preconditioned responses to relatively unchanging ideas.

Forgive the obscurity - This is a different argument. i'll save it for later.

What exactly do you think should change, and what are your underlying reasons?

Privilege in general can mean any number of things, but is as often as not defined by the shit you just don't have to worry about: things that are granted you automatically. In terms of race, that can range from big things -- I live fairly assured of never being turned away from an apartment or a job based on my race, for example --

A fair point. However, would you also consider yourself an attractive, intelligent female along with being "white"? Which quality would you deem more important when trying to impress something upon someone in these "big things"?

to little things, like knowing that I can turn on the TV and see countless other people who look like me or that I can shop in any store without half the staff following/watching me.

Another fair point on the TV, though mass media entertainment is actually a very diverse crowd in general, agreed? And with much more diversity in the fanbase?

As for store owners/managers or dare I say, front line employees being prejudiced... well now, that's a lot more subjective than any of your previous standards. I'd have to disagree wholeheartedly; consumers are $$, not skin colors. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your contention?

Can I be both?

It's an interesting - and revealing - document, though not without perceived fault.

There's a few items in the IK that seem "defensive" to me - a conditioned response or ideal stemming from unnecessary guilt. McIntosh's entire principle relies on conditioning and I think it could go both ways in some cases.

But even this document is inconclusive, IMO, when it comes to whites receiving privileges at the detriment of others.

redzero
03-19-2010, 01:09 PM
I don't see what the point of boycotting the Wal-Mart is, regardless of whether the one who did it was an employee or not.

Ignignokt
03-19-2010, 01:23 PM
Fuck white people. I can't believe I am one.

White guilt cuck friend Balli, meet my freind oklahomasuckstexas..

The only plausible reconcilliation is to have the white man give iver his wife and daughters to the black man and allow his women to serve the black man as proper reparations.

Let's all have one big Licoln party.

Geeeeeeeze ...

i have a feeling your friendship will be benificial.:lol:lol

Ignignokt
03-19-2010, 01:24 PM
It is a logical conclusion, considering your position (that white people enjoy privileges at the detriment of other races). That's not exactly a 'popular' notion among whites, agreed? Peggy McIntosh touches on that concept.

However, I have no reason to disbelieve you when you say you feel no guilt. Indeed, you exhibit convincing human compassion, but few are moved towards philanthropy without even the simplest and most innocent personal motives.

I agree that feeling guilty over yourself has nothing but negative implications. However, there are other signs that point to this being a subconscious shroud of guilt placed upon some whites - conditioned, if you will.

IMO, several of the items in the Invisible Knapsack are directly correlated, or even caused by, guilt. These items hold little relevance except as preconditioned responses to relatively unchanging ideas.

A fair point. However, would you also consider yourself an attractive, intelligent female along with being "white"? Which quality would you deem more important when trying to impress something upon someone in these "big things"?

Another fair point on the TV, though mass media entertainment is actually a very diverse crowd in general, agreed? And with much more diversity in the fanbase?

As for store owners/managers or dare I say, front line employees being prejudiced... well now, that's a lot more subjective than any of your previous standards. I'd have to disagree wholeheartedly; consumers are $$, not skin colors. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your contention?

Can I be both?

It's an interesting - and revealing - document, though not without perceived fault.

There's a few items in the IK that seem "defensive" to me - a conditioned response or ideal stemming from unnecessary guilt. McIntosh's entire principle relies on conditioning and I think it could go both ways in some cases.

But even this document is inconclusive, IMO, when it comes to whites receiving privileges at the detriment of others.

cuckingfunt just hates labels.

IronMaxipad
03-19-2010, 02:08 PM
This thread is still going? :rollin

CuckingFunt
03-19-2010, 04:15 PM

I don't understand the purpose of bolding/italicizing that specific phrase. Privilege cannot exist without oppression -- a privilege is only a privilege if it benefits/applies to only a portion of the population, otherwise it would just be a right. Therefore, if I receive privilege somewhere, it can only be due to a system that denies that privilege to someone else.

Of course I have personal motives. Everyone does.

From a young age I was very conscious and aware of the different lifestyles/experiences of my parents, who divorced when I was four. Both white (whatever that means), and both privileged to a certain extent and in certain situations as a result, both intelligent, both hard working, etc., but because of other aspects of their identity (gender, class, level of education, and so on) my mother was never given access to the same opportunities that my father was. As a result, I went back and forth between living quite comfortably with my dad during summers and struggling to get by with my mom during the school year. I would learn as I got older and more understanding of such things that there were other elements at play in their specific situations, but it was enough to make me aware that this country doesn't actually provide the even playing field that many people claim and to recognize that's pretty fucked up.

Again, it's not an issue of guilt. I don't feel that I have done something wrong. I don't feel that the majority of people who live within our system of power/privilege/oppression have individually or intentionally done something wrong. I don't feel guilty for being "white." I don't feel guilty for receiving privilege, or even for using that privilege to my advantage in a few circumstances. I do feel, however, that my privileged status is the result of a flawed system (or, to be technical, several interlocking flawed systems) that needs to be changed.

I'm curious as to what items and how they are correlated. It's been about a year since I've read the article in full and remember it being the type I agreed with overall, but didn't necessarily agree with every word written.

In general, I think that everyone should be treated equally. And I realize that's a broad answer, but it's intentional. I think that as long as power/privilege/oppression dynamics are present within (or endorsed by) the big systems and institutions that run this country, we will never see the end of prejudice on an individual scale. The two things operate together to continually reinforce one another, and will continue to do so until one of those things changes. My underlying reason is simply that treating someone differently, on either a large or small scale, based on any aspect of their identity (race, class, gender, sexuality, weight, age, ability, etc.) is inherently wrong and inhuman.

All aspects of my identity are always present and equally important, and all of them bring their own levels of privilege or oppression. Same with everyone else. I, for instance, am privileged for being young, white, thin, able bodied, having an education, for looking straight, etc. At the same time, I am at a disadvantage for being a woman, an atheist, queer, and so forth. Again, this is true for everyone -- a black man may be oppressed racially while still benefiting from male privilege, for example. Different aspects of one's identity apply to different situations.

True, but not the point I was making. In TV and entertainment, white is normative. Everything else is assumed to have a niche market or a niche interest. "Friends" and "Seinfeld" are typically referred to as sitcoms, while "Living Single" or one of Tyler Perry's many shows would be prefaced/set aside as being specifically urban or ethnic, for example.

Consumers are skin colors in many situations. I've long since lost count of the friends who've been followed through stores to make sure they don't steal anything, even though I've shopped at the same store without anyone paying attention. Used to happen at my neighborhood grocery store when I was a kid/teenager all the time.

Can I be both?

Again, privilege implies oppression. One cannot exist without the other.

CuckingFunt
03-19-2010, 04:17 PM
cuckingfunt just hates labels.

I'm fine with labels. They're convenient. I just hate labels that are inaccurate, restrictive, or hierarchically ranked.

z0sa
03-19-2010, 05:00 PM
I don't understand the purpose of bolding/italicizing that specific phrase.

Simply because it's the center of your position and argument. It's a thesis statement, of sorts. It's what I've chosen to argue with in most specific fashion.

Privilege cannot exist without oppression -- a privilege is only a privilege if it benefits/applies to only a portion of the population, otherwise it would just be a right. Therefore, if I receive privilege somewhere, it can only be due to a system that denies that privilege to someone else.

I understand that you feel whites have all the privileges of other races, and more.

However, that's becoming an unfounded opinion in today's time (in my opinion). Our cultures are diversifying extremely quickly, and with the advent of the internet and other instant communication avenues, we're seeing a lot more of that diversity front and center.

So what I'm really confused about: why don't you submit to your own preaching? :lol Let me explain: you say we need to move past this shit, that whites shouldn't have privileges other races don't.. Okay, fair enough. But whites shouldn't be expected to move "backwards"; other races have instead, moved forward to accept these same "privileges" to where they actually are becoming rights.

I want to use your example: employees following your friends in stores. But I need a little more info.

Your friends are obviously not white - what race are they? Based on their race, specifically what stereotype do you think store owners hold against them? Why did they follow if they saw a white person (you) there?

Of course I have personal motives. Everyone does.

From a young age I was very conscious and aware of the different lifestyles/experiences of my parents, who divorced when I was four. Both white (whatever that means), and both privileged to a certain extent and in certain situations as a result, both intelligent, both hard working, etc., but because of other aspects of their identity (gender, class, level of education, and so on) my mother was never given access to the same opportunities that my father was. As a result, I went back and forth between living quite comfortably with my dad during summers and struggling to get by with my mom during the school year. I would learn as I got older and more understanding of such things that there were other elements at play in their specific situations, but it was enough to make me aware that this country doesn't actually provide the even playing field that many people claim and to recognize that's pretty fucked up.

Again, it's not an issue of guilt. I don't feel that I have done something wrong. I don't feel that the majority of people who live within our system of power/privilege/oppression have individually or intentionally done something wrong. I don't feel guilty for being "white." I don't feel guilty for receiving privilege, or even for using that privilege to my advantage in a few circumstances. I do feel, however, that my privileged status is the result of a flawed system (or, to be technical, several interlocking flawed systems) that needs to be changed.

Hmm.. thanks for opening up. My parents divorced when I was very young, and I experienced a similar situation. I'm betting we're actually closer to the same side of this argument than I realized.

First, you seem be arguing from experience and that's not surprising. you're older than me. You've seen more shit than I have. And you are white, after all. That's acceptable evidence enough in part of this case.

I'd also like to think that other events might just be an incorrect interpretation, and that certain privileges have been granted you through other factors rather than racial motivation, and even in spite of it.

I don't think you're giving yourself - or the movement carried on by all races - enough credit.

That essay was written and popularized in the late 80's. Who knows how many millions have been affected by it. Yet that's just a small piece of the (to most of this generation, naturally occurring) campaign for truly mutual respect and rights between the races.

Humans have progressed forward since then, and we're a part of that.

5PM, time to go home, I'll respond to the rest later.

jack sommerset
03-19-2010, 05:24 PM
If they said " all non paying customers leave the store now" it would have accomplish the samething without all the drama.

NASCARdad
03-19-2010, 08:59 PM
If they said " all non paying customers leave the store now" it would have accomplish the samething without all the drama.

Leave us out of this!!!

ploto
03-20-2010, 02:40 PM
A 16-year-old boy patronizing a Walmart store in southern New Jersey took over the public-address system and ordered black people to leave, angering customers and prompting company leaders to apologize, police said Saturday...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100320/ap_on_bi_ge/us_wal_mart_racial_comment

jack sommerset
03-20-2010, 04:05 PM
Thank goodness. I was worried they would get away with this.

EmptyMan
03-20-2010, 04:20 PM
haha c'mon son.

That's a horrible Halloween costume.

Stringer_Bell
03-20-2010, 05:21 PM
So, the voice of a 16 year old kid made a bunch of people butthurt and now he's going to jail? This is a waste of time and resources, but as always when the public is outraged someone has to be hanged.

whottt
03-20-2010, 05:47 PM
He actually makes more than a few errors... but means aside, I generally agree with the over-arching theme and its implications about my shit ass race. (not that he necessarily lets black people off the hook either)

You could always join Al-Qaeda, otherwise known as "the cure" for autophobics like yourself. I hear they'll even throw a wife in on the deal.