PDA

View Full Version : Gotta Love Sean Elliott.

SpursFanDan
05-03-2005, 01:22 AM
The true spurs fan..once a spur, always a spur. He told it like it is, he didnt hold anything back....and i love him for that. It kind of made you feel better about all the bad calls... because you had someone on your side.. rather than the tools on tnt...not the post game show guys but the commentators.

Willinsa
05-03-2005, 01:23 AM
He was great tonight calling it as he saw it, is it me or does Bill Land screw up a lot during the game? Sean is the man.

samikeyp
05-03-2005, 01:23 AM
which actually is rare for Sean. He loves the Spurs but if they make a mistake or get a call...he will point it out. He about lost it tonight....but to be fair...he did mention that both teams were getting it.

Drachen
05-03-2005, 01:25 AM
He was great tonight calling it as he saw it, is it me or does Bill Land screw up a lot during the game? Sean is the man.

Dick Stockton and Bill Land mess up a lot, Sean always seems to be correcting them.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-03-2005, 01:27 AM
Amen to that. I have enough trouble sitting through a typical two and a half hour game with the slack jaws from TNT calling the action, I can't imagine how much of my hair I would have pulled out listening to Tom Tolbert or whatever moron they had on this one. Three and a half hours of Sean is much preferable. Bill Land was on tonight too. After Sean was talking about the way the Nuggets were eternally shocked for every foul that was called on them, Elliot said something, "Well, I can understand them a little, because I never committed a foul during my career either." Bill then chimed in, "Heck, it was the only was I could get into the box score."

Obstructed_View
05-03-2005, 01:31 AM
Amen to that. I have enough trouble sitting through a typical two and a half hour game with the slack jaws from TNT calling the action, I can't imagine how much of my hair I would have pulled out listening to Tom Tolbert or whatever moron they had on this one. Three and a half hours of Sean is much preferable. Bill Land was on tonight too. After Sean was talking about the way the Nuggets were eternally shocked for every foul that was called on them, Elliot said something, "Well, I can understand them a little, because I never committed a foul during my career either." Bill then chimed in, "Heck, it was the only was I could get into the box score."
The TNT guys weren't that bad. I haven't heard a crew so far that seemed to be on one side or the other. The only play I remember going "WTF?" was in an earlier game when Manu drew a hard foul from Camby and they said "You have to credit Camby for making contact when he's so injury prone"

j_epsilon
05-03-2005, 01:33 AM
i hope we don't have these same fucking pathetic tool arrogant bullshit referees for the next series...goddamn it is so difficult watching the spurs play these lousy nuggets...

SequSpur
05-03-2005, 01:35 AM
How many referee topics are there?

Cant_Be_Faded
05-03-2005, 01:37 AM
i know, kori is goign to be pissssssssssssssssssssed when she comes home to this shit

Obstructed_View
05-03-2005, 01:37 AM
Too many. The game was called close, because that's what the Nuggets wanted. They got it. Play through it or don't. The Spurs kept it together, the Nuggs didn't. Game over.

SpursFanDan
05-03-2005, 01:39 AM

this really isnt a referee topic... its more of a ..I love sean topic. but there are a hell of alot of them.

Obstructed_View
05-03-2005, 01:41 AM
I don't know, but are you going to postwhore on all of them?

Tek_XX
05-03-2005, 01:46 AM
The TNT guys seemed fair but you could tell they were hoping the Nuggs would pull it out.

SpursFanDan
05-03-2005, 02:30 AM
I don't know, but are you going to postwhore on all of them?

lol.. thats what hes here for.. "he talks Shiaat"

TheWriter
05-03-2005, 02:34 AM
The TNT people have to be subjective and just call what they see. If its blatant they'll tell it like it is. With local broadcasts, your broadcasting to the home teams market and can be bias all you want or call it less PC without upsetting people.

SpursFanDan
05-03-2005, 02:44 AM
Yeah.. but he goes the extra mile... he calls it like as if he still wore the uniform and was on the sidelines. That means alot to a spurs fan

Tek_XX
05-03-2005, 02:48 AM
Who wants to hear the home team announcers not be biased?

Taco
05-03-2005, 08:28 AM
Sean: "Take that meat back to the kitchen, it's not done!!!!"

Ginofan
05-03-2005, 10:40 AM
I loooove listening to Sean! I had it first on Kens because effing TNT wanted to show replay after replay of T-Wack chokin'. Then I switched to TNT for the second half....for about 5 minutes. After that I couldn't listen to Doug Collins' retarded ass, and went back to Sean and Bill.

I have never heard Sean so aghast, upset, and bewildered. He kept telling Bill Land "I'm sorry you have to sit next to me" :lol I'm really glad he put it to the Nuggets, the Refs, and effing George Karl. That game was messed up!

travis2
05-03-2005, 10:58 AM
I loooove listening to Sean! I had it first on Kens because effing TNT wanted to show replay after replay of T-Wack chokin'. Then I switched to TNT for the second half....for about 5 minutes. After that I couldn't listen to Doug Collins' retarded ass, and went back to Sean and Bill.

I have never heard Sean so aghast, upset, and bewildered. He kept telling Bill Land "I'm sorry you have to sit next to me" :lol I'm really glad he put it to the Nuggets, the Refs, and effing George Karl. That game was messed up!

I could tell Sean was REALLY censoring himself last night...I've never heard him so :pctoss that he had to shut up...

Ishta
05-03-2005, 12:23 PM
Once a Spur..... Sean is great. I would much rather listen to him than anybody else. Thank God that Lance guy hasn't been doing games lately!! NOW he is hard as hell to listen to!

BELIEVE

infinite styles
05-03-2005, 01:57 PM
Sean Elliott with a classic:

"The fans have stopped with the the cussing cheers. They tried to search their vocabulary for a new one but the same word keeps coming out!"

SpursFanDan
05-03-2005, 01:58 PM
Sean Elliott with a classic:

"The fans have stopped with the the cussing cheers. They tried to search their vocabulary for a new one but the same word keeps coming out!"

lol.. he said that.. that perfectly describes what the fans were doing.

Das Texan
05-03-2005, 01:58 PM
too bad kens didnt have an HD feed of the game.

infinite styles
05-03-2005, 02:07 PM
lol.. he said that.. that perfectly describes what the fans were doing.

Yeah I believe it was in the 3rd quarter when the Spurs went on a run. He had me rolling throughout the game. It was easier to watch the game because he was telling it like it is.

bigbendbruisebrother
05-03-2005, 02:27 PM
Being out of the SA viewing area, I didn't get to hear Sean's broadcast.

I've read the two quotes from Sean above. What else did he have to say?

CrazyOne
05-03-2005, 02:31 PM
He was continually going on about how bad the calls were - on both sides - but particularly, he said that Carmelo was getting "superstar" calls, like the last couple called against Tim. He said that not even MJ would get preferential treatment like that.

boutons
05-03-2005, 02:32 PM
When Bruce took the blatant charge from a totally out-of-control Melo but got called for blocking, he said something like this about whether Bruce was in position and set in enough time to take the charge:

"Bruce was seated, with a hotdog and drink, WAITING for Carmelo"

:)

He's a homer, but he's not above saying stuff like

"the Spurs are outta sync",

"that was a bad possession, no ball movement",

"The Spurs are only getting "one and done" "

"the defense hasn't been getting stops"

"bad defensive rotation"

So he keeps it farily well balanced and reasonable.

CrazyOne
05-03-2005, 02:35 PM
A good way to say it is that Sean is a Spurs fan who calls it straight... he's for the Spurs but he'll call it like he sees it.

infinite styles
05-03-2005, 02:47 PM
Well when they called the foul on Tim to send Melo to the line to tie it up and on the next possession Manu got blocked with no call he went silent then a few seconds later he said:

"I know the people around me are looking at me crazy, because just slammed my pen down on the table."

foodie2
05-03-2005, 08:01 PM
He also routinely carps at Tim for catching the ball in the post and then holding on to it too long. He wants him to go up with it immediately. He's right, too. I keep screaming at Sean, "Well, you have access to him--TELL him!!"