PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with TD?

Sigz
03-17-2010, 07:58 PM
Tim Duncan has looked terrible recently.

HarlemHeat37
03-17-2010, 07:59 PM
It's still too hard to tell if he's completely worn down like last year or if he's in a slump..he's looked horrible for a while now though, and it's definitely worrying..that's the last thing the Spurs need..

Cant_Be_Faded
03-17-2010, 08:02 PM
i just saw him give up on moving laterally to challenge a shot then set a super super lazy pick

perhaps we should be worried about duncan.....

tlongII
03-17-2010, 08:05 PM
He's old and has arthritic knees. Otherwise he's fine.

Capt Bringdown
03-17-2010, 08:05 PM
2 season in a row he couldn't bring in the second half of the season.
Superstar Duncan is finished. There's no shame in it, everyone grows old.
But we need to stop believing in fairly tales. We need to put all options on the table this offseason.

HarlemHeat37
03-17-2010, 08:07 PM
It's really disheartening that he had to carry the team in the 1st half of the season, while also being the only big man playing interior D..2 seasons in a row..

HarlemHeat37
03-17-2010, 08:07 PM

*in before an Oden joke*..

slick'81
03-17-2010, 08:08 PM
well going against superman tonight wont help

Sigz
03-17-2010, 08:08 PM
Fucking FO couldn't find any help for TD.

Friggin' Matt Bonner and old ass Dyse...

HarlemHeat37
03-17-2010, 08:16 PM
It just annoys me when you look at the other big men in the NBA and who they have..it seems logical to have another good big or at least a young big next to your aging all-star big man..it's annoying to have to watch Duncan do everything for this team from a big man standpoint with no other bigs to help..

Garnett has had Perkins for a few years now, a guy that handles the low-post bangers and plays great post D..

Gasol has Bynum and Odom, so he doesn't even have to show up every game..

Shaq has Varejao, Jamison and Hickson..

Dirk has Haywood, but Dirk doesn't even have big man responsibilities anyways..

Duncan having to carry the team in the 1st half of consecutive seasons due to Parker and Ginobili's injuries wasn't planned, there's nothing that could have been done about that..but getting a big to play next to him is something that could have been fixed..

ducks
03-17-2010, 08:20 PM
tp his point guard is not spoon feeding him

ducks
03-17-2010, 08:21 PM

:wakeup

Gutter92
03-17-2010, 08:26 PM

:wakeup

:lol

nbaman99
03-17-2010, 08:41 PM
he is suck last few weeks, costing the games. He needs to pick it up or sit down, because if he play like this, we're going to lose it anyway, but he is a great player and have so much pride and he will pick it up i'm sure.

007nites
03-17-2010, 08:44 PM
Have a feeling that this is going to be one of those games were Timmy is going to grab like 20 rebounds in 4th quarter however, still end up going 3-16.

Johnny RIngo
03-17-2010, 08:49 PM
but getting a big to play next to him is something that could have been fixed..

We gave up Scola to save money then signed Bonner with the same amount. That says enough about the people that run our organization(Holt, Buford, Pop)

ducks
03-17-2010, 08:51 PM
scola was not a big
he is undersized just like blair

ducks
03-17-2010, 08:52 PM
scola and spurs did not get along
spurs were wise not to sign him
scola was ticked about money and the only way he would be happy is away from the team that drafted his ass

Russ
03-17-2010, 09:02 PM

But enough about Oden . . .

*in before an Oden joke*..

Yep. :)

StoneBuddha
03-17-2010, 09:11 PM
Depressed about Duncan.. :depressed

Hope he turns it around soon.

Andy25
03-17-2010, 09:15 PM
Maybe its because he can't get into a rhythm with pop trying to 'save' his body, but I could just be making up shit too so...:hat

SpursNextRomanEmpire
03-17-2010, 09:15 PM
yeah he does look bad out there right now

BlackSwordsMan
03-17-2010, 09:31 PM
he's mentally broken seeing his team is so shitty

justinandimcool
03-17-2010, 09:36 PM
He had the worst performance of his life tonight, literally. I'll be worried if he stinks it up the next few games.

Dr. Gonzo
03-17-2010, 09:36 PM
He's frustrated because Pop is an idiot and won't play Ian beside him.

duncan228
03-17-2010, 09:46 PM
Tonight's game reminded me of Duncan's game one against the Hornets in 2008. We found out after that he'd played with a fever, he had the flu. Maybe it's an illness that he'll recover from quick rather than injury. At least that would explain tonight...the last few games are still a question. If he doesn't snap out of this fast I think it has to be his knees. :(

poop
03-17-2010, 09:46 PM
we've been going thru this 'whats wrong with duncan' stuff since 2006.

he will be fine. nxt game he will probably score 30 watch. always trust in Duncan

boutons_deux
03-17-2010, 09:57 PM
he didn't look sick, he smiled quite a bit, very relaxed, kinda zonked out. I'd say he just didn't give shit about competing, which is very convenient seeing Howard would have cleaned his clock.

Cane
03-17-2010, 10:00 PM
Without Tony Parker it seems that Duncan's offensive production doesn't seem as sharp. I think those two have the most chemistry with eachother than anyone else on the Spurs team.

However Duncan just couldn't buy a bucket tonight. He looked decent otherwise though and defensively really only looked bad when the Spurs couldn't defend VC.

erikuff
03-17-2010, 10:19 PM
Age is wrong with him, duh.

pjjrfan
03-17-2010, 10:32 PM
tim has lost a lot of his foot speed, he's not the same guy I was watching a rerun of game 1 of the Phoenix series of 07 when they won their last title and the difference is night and day, I haven't seen that Tim in over 2 years. It could be his knees, probably is, but he also looks worn out, and to me it's been like this all season, some nights he does well others he has a hard time getting his feet under him.

DPG21920
03-17-2010, 10:33 PM
But he has great strength of feet.

z0sa
03-17-2010, 10:34 PM
LOL at Tim being run into the ground surrounded by small ball rather than risk Ratliff's body or Ian's inexperience.

daslicer
03-17-2010, 10:44 PM
tim has lost a lot of his foot speed, he's not the same guy I was watching a rerun of game 1 of the Phoenix series of 07 when they won their last title and the difference is night and day, I haven't seen that Tim in over 2 years. It could be his knees, probably is, but he also looks worn out, and to me it's been like this all season, some nights he does well others he has a hard time getting his feet under him.

I was watching game 6 from the '03 lakers series and it was amazing to see how different he looked back then compared to now. During that time period he would establish position very easily before he caught the ball and once he had position he would score in about 1-2 seconds tops. It literally it took him only a few seconds to score on anybody in the post. Now it takes him several seconds or longer to do his post moves once he catches the ball which makes a huge difference for the defense to adjust.

Capt Bringdown
03-17-2010, 10:46 PM
LOL at Tim being run into the ground surrounded by small ball rather than risk Ratliff's body or Ian's inexperience.

Or it could simply be the more obvious and undeniable fact that he's getting older and is near the end of his career.

duncan228
03-17-2010, 10:57 PM
Post game.

Just a bad night. Mainly myself. It kind of starts with me.

It’s hard to play with Tim having an off night. I totally, blindly trust him. Just one of those games.

phxspurfan
03-17-2010, 11:03 PM
he's mentally broken seeing his team is so shitty

This

Maybe it's an illness that he'll recover from quick rather than injury

Not this^

btw I'm watching eh local Warriors broadcast and they went over the highlights of the Spurs game...the Warriors announcers called out Tony and Manu for their summer NT play as a reason why theyre playing (or not playing) like crap and ruining the team chemistry lately....LOL

duncan228
03-17-2010, 11:10 PM
Not this^

I have hope. He'll snap out of it if he's not hurt.

ducks
03-17-2010, 11:37 PM
yeah when tp spoon feeds him

SequSpur
03-17-2010, 11:42 PM
scola and spurs did not get along
spurs were wise not to sign him
scola was ticked about money and the only way he would be happy is away from the team that drafted his ass

will you please shut the fuck up. I mean come on...are you that fucking stupid or what? You know, i want to give you the benefit of the doubt but i can't...

You're a fucking dipshit ducks..

SequSpur
03-17-2010, 11:44 PM
Duncan doesn't look happy at all...he is playing lazy, he is not aggressive, he really looks like he could give a fuck about this team....

Spursfanfromafar
03-17-2010, 11:50 PM
Tonight's game reminded me of Duncan's game one against the Hornets in 2008. We found out after that he'd played with a fever, he had the flu. Maybe it's an illness that he'll recover from quick rather than injury. At least that would explain tonight...the last few games are still a question. If he doesn't snap out of this fast I think it has to be his knees. :(

I suspect it is the knee. The Cleveland game for e.g. showed some signs of very little lift and exaggerated attempt at hiding a limp. Don't know if it is tendonosis again, but TD is not feeling knee-okay like last year, that much is clear. Sad, actually. He played sooooo well before All-Star break just like last year.

Here's where the FO scored an own goal by not trading for a big in the deadline. Camby was possibly a long shot, but Thomas was not so difficult to get.

And I still can't understand why we traded away our pretty decent shot blocker in Ratliff.

This one is on the FO.

TJastal
03-18-2010, 12:02 AM
I think he's just mentally and physically exhausted from having to carry the load in the middle (as somebody mentioned already) and I think he's defenitely noticing the way Ratliff is helping fuel the bobcats' surge and that might have him a bit depressed.

I think Theo could have realistically helped the spurs out had he had been given the chance, in pretty much the same role he's playing in Charlotte, as a limited minutes starter.

Killakobe81
03-18-2010, 12:16 AM

Blazer fan talking about bad knees ...

Xevious
03-18-2010, 01:38 AM
Duncan having to carry the team in the 1st half of consecutive seasons due to Parker and Ginobili's injuries wasn't planned, there's nothing that could have been done about that..but getting a big to play next to him is something that could have been fixed..
I agree with everything you're saying. But say the team trades for somebody like Perkins - somebody who can handle the low post against the better centers in the league. Where does that leave Duncan? Offensively he can always go high-post so he isn't banging around down low. But defensively he doesn't have the speed or athleticism to defend the quicker, face-up PFs in the league night in and out.

But we need another big, I agree. Somebody who can carry the load on both ends and help reduce Tim's minutes. But the Spurs' days of contending for a title with him as their leader are over, I'm afraid. Tim, Tony, and Manu all need to be healthy and at an allstar level for them to even have a prayer. And with their age (and NT obligations :lol), I don't see that happening ever again. We'd also have to offload the rest of the team except for maybe Blair and Hill.

Spur|n|Austin
03-18-2010, 03:13 AM
It just annoys me when you look at the other big men in the NBA and who they have..it seems logical to have another good big or at least a young big next to your aging all-star big man..it's annoying to have to watch Duncan do everything for this team from a big man standpoint with no other bigs to help..

Garnett has had Perkins for a few years now, a guy that handles the low-post bangers and plays great post D..

Gasol has Bynum and Odom, so he doesn't even have to show up every game..

Shaq has Varejao, Jamison and Hickson..

Dirk has Haywood, but Dirk doesn't even have big man responsibilities anyways..

jiggy_55
03-18-2010, 04:15 AM
we've been going thru this 'whats wrong with duncan' stuff since 2006.

he will be fine. nxt game he will probably score 30 watch. always trust in Duncan

Considering the next game is home against GSW, it would not be a shock to have him bounce back with a big night. Its the Warriors though so nothing counts!

When he plays a few good games in a row is when I'll feel comfortable. Right now, he just seems out of it. I was surprised he just wasn't rested tonight, didn't think we had a chance winning anyways. The Magic give us huge match up problems. They have our number.

rascal
03-18-2010, 04:25 AM
Duncan is getting swarmed and there is no other low post player on the spurs. All the defense collapses on duncan with no worry of any other low post threat.

this is the main problem with the spurs. They need a center.
He needs help.

smeagol
03-18-2010, 06:34 AM
Duncan is getting swarmed and there is no other low post player on the spurs. All the defense collapses on duncan with no worry of any other low post threat.

this is the main problem with the spurs. They need a center.
He needs help.

Time to trade Manu and get a center in exchange . . .

Johnny RIngo
03-18-2010, 07:25 AM
Duncan doesn't look happy at all...he is playing lazy, he is not aggressive, he really looks like he could give a fuck about this team....

I wouldn't give a fuck either after seeing how the FO chose to do nothing before the trade deadline.

TheManFromAcme
03-18-2010, 07:51 AM
It's more mental exhaustion with Tim more than anything else. He's lost a step maybe 2 but complimented with another big (a true compliment) Tim would be a awesome 1/2 of that duo.

I am still convinced that Tims high b-ball I.Q. is what's going to extend his career a bit more than what most think.

This season is more than likely a wash but the FO is seriously going to have to go back to the drawing board, crunch some numbers or whatever is needed to bring them back to contention. This team was built for much more but it didn't pan out like it should have.

The mere fact that your franchise employs perhaps one of the greatest PF's in history should be a wake up call to do whatever is needed. You would think right?...

Agloco
03-18-2010, 08:12 AM
scola was not a big
he is undersized just like blair

Not just like Blair. Scolas got about 2 inches on Blair, and Blairs got about 40 pounds on Scola.

polandprzem
03-18-2010, 08:17 AM
He has not been looking good two weeks now?

boutons_deux
03-18-2010, 08:46 AM
Tim deposited his $275K for last night's "effort". All is cool. :)

jermaine
03-18-2010, 09:01 AM
He's frustrated because Pop is an idiot and won't play Ian beside him.

That's so true. Pop knew he wasn't going to have help this season & that's why they asked him to change his offseason workouts. If you play that many gms with bad knees but your opps can keep switching out young qicker bigs an your boss sends your help away (who never got to play anyway) how depressed would you feel!?!

angel_luv
03-18-2010, 11:16 AM
Timmy is showing signs of fatigue and maybe is a little discouraged due to the team's struggles of late.

I think very highly of Timmy. I think he has good character and is a true competitor. I think he has been overburdened and is getting to the point where he is breaking down due to having had to carry the team so much.

But I am hopeful Timmy will get a second wind and have a great rest of this season and play offs- however long it lasts.

PDXSpursFan
03-18-2010, 11:25 AM
fucking fo couldn't find any help for td.

Friggin' matt bonner and old ass dyse...

+1

lennyalderette
03-18-2010, 11:28 AM
yes timmy looking bad but please show some respect and lets not rag on the guy

NickiRasgo
03-18-2010, 12:01 PM
Timmy is showing signs of fatigue and maybe is a little discouraged due to the team's struggles of late.

I think very highly of Timmy. I think he has good character and is a true competitor. I think he has been overburdened and is getting to the point where he is breaking down due to having had to carry the team so much.

But I am hopeful Timmy will get a second wind and have a great rest of this season and play offs- however long it lasts.

This is sad.

spurtech09
03-18-2010, 01:18 PM
Idk he looked horrible against miami too

phxspurfan
03-18-2010, 03:06 PM
Tim will have a nice long vacation most likely...I won't worry about him

The Spurs, on the other hand

TD 21
03-18-2010, 06:20 PM
He said yesterday, to paraphrase, that he's doing alright, has his good days and bad days. This is not a good sign. During the All-Star break, he wasn't saying that, he was saying he was felling good and doing better than at that point last season. Basically, it sounds like he's slowly but surely getting worse as the year wears on and his play is bearing that out.

I've been talking about his need to dig deep into his repertoire and start using all of the various moves and shots that have made him so successful throughout his career, but I'm starting to wonder whether his knees are good enough to withstand all of the pivoting, stopping and starting, spinning, crossovers, drives, runners, etc. that he used to pull off. I don't think they are. He's too intelligent and cerebral a player to just randomly have bad shot selection for over a month.

greyforest
03-18-2010, 06:36 PM
tim b2bs are terrible

tim always comes back a'pwnin after he lays an egg