PDA

View Full Version : Luis Scola Talks On Vassilis Spanoulis

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-17-2010, 10:32 PM
Look what I find in Scola's website. :ihit:blah So all NBA fans here say Spanoulis cannot play in NBA you need to read this. Scola himself say he can and call him "great player".

http://scola4.com/dw/00_home/grafitti_ingles.php?pageNum_Recordset1=7&totalRows_Recordset1=292

2010-03-05 05:40:04

Hey Luis, I am a huge fan of yours and the Rockets. I was wondering do you think that the player you were traded for, Vassilis Spanoulis is good enough to play in the NBA or not? I was arguing about it with some of my friends. I watch Euroleague and FIBA games and I say he can play in the NBA for sure and they argue with me and say no way he is not even close to good enough to play in NBA. I was just wondering if you think he can play in NBA or not since you played against him before in Euroleague.

DM

http://scola4.com/dw/00_home/grafitti_ingles.php?pageNum_Recordset1=5&totalRows_Recordset1=292

2010-03-05 21:10:51

@DM. Yes, i do think Vassilis Spanoulis can play in the NBA , he is a great player

LS4

sook
03-17-2010, 10:34 PM
holyshit at your sig KBP i can't count how many times that has resulted in boners

noob cake
03-17-2010, 10:35 PM
Cleverly disguised Scola thread

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-17-2010, 10:49 PM
holyshit at your sig KBP i can't count how many times that has resulted in boners

Yes she is very nice!:downspin:

sook
03-17-2010, 10:51 PM
and her name??

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-17-2010, 11:04 PM
and her name??

Holly Weber

sook
03-17-2010, 11:16 PM
thank you

The Franchise
03-18-2010, 12:23 AM
I think he's a decent player, but I don't think he would ever be a starter on the NBA level. You have to admit, he was a whiny little bitch when he was here though, which is part of the reason why he was glued to the bench.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-18-2010, 12:31 AM
I think he's a decent player, but I don't think he would ever be a starter on the NBA level. You have to admit, he was a whiny little bitch when he was here though, which is part of the reason why he was glued to the bench.

Of course he can start in NBA. Scola never won Euroleague championship or Euroleague MVP and he is very good starter in NBA. Spanoulis has Euroleague championship and Euroleague MVP. So of course he can start in NBA.

Did you not see what Mark Jackson say about Jeff van Gundy? He say Jeff Van Gundy told him Stephen Curry is not good enough for NBA and will never make it and if he was coach he would bench him all year as a rookie.

Mark Jackson then say he was call out Van Gundy for being wrong and not know what he was talk about.

This just proves Van Gundy is 100% reason for what happen to Spanoulis. Van Gundy say he would have bench Curry all year and look how he is playing in NBA.

The Franchise
03-18-2010, 02:47 AM
I agree with you on JVG. He was horrible at developing young talent.

mogrovejo
03-18-2010, 05:36 AM
Spanoulis now plays for small club in Europe, don't even make the playoffs.

Mel_13
03-18-2010, 11:17 AM
Spanoulis was a failure in the NBA.

He will remain a failure in the NBA until he returns to the NBA and succeeds.

Complaining about JVG's treatment is just lame. Players from all over Europe and all over the world have overcome obstacles and succeeded in the NBA. Until Spanoulis returns the NBA, his fans will have to be satisfied with his accomplishments in the world's second best professional league and on his NT.

PDXSpursFan
03-18-2010, 11:39 AM
Luther Head > Spanoulis. Ask JVG.

djohn2oo8
03-18-2010, 11:46 AM
I agree with you on JVG. He was horrible at developing young talent.

V-Span thought he was better than McGrady when McGrady was good

mogrovejo
03-18-2010, 11:51 AM
JVG failed to develop Spanoulis like Carlisle and Nelson failed to develop Jasikevicius. There was nothing there to develop. The kind of game of those guys doesn't suit the NBA. Saras is just too slow, Spanoulis needs to play like he's Wade all the time when he doesn't have the explosiveness to break down NBA defenders off the dribble. He doesn't have the skill-set + mentality to be a role player in the NBA which is what he'd need to be.

Indazone
03-18-2010, 12:15 PM
Now what I want to know is why is Nocioni a benchwarmer on the Kings? Wasn't he known at one time as the dirtiest player in the NBA? A hard nosed defender and rebounder?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-18-2010, 12:16 PM
He averages 20 minutes a game. Not sure how that's a bench warmer.

DAF86
03-18-2010, 03:25 PM
Spanoulis can definitely play in the NBA, he's a lot more talented than a lot of the guys playing in the states, the thing is sometimes things don't work out, there are a lot of things to consider besides just a player's talent. How he adapts to a new place, who his coach is, that player's mental strength, etc.
So the fact that a player fails in the NBA doesn't mean he isn't talented enough to play there.

DaDakota
03-18-2010, 11:53 PM
JVG stunk as a Rockets coach, he brought in his old has been washed up players and left the young guys rotting on the bench in a development year.

VSpan should have been the backup PG that year, it was a developmental year, and it was clear that Rafer sucked, so why not find out if Vspan would eventually be his replacement.

It was a happy day for Rocket fans when the little overbearing, bald general was released.

He is better as an announcer anyway.

Regarding VSpan, sure he could play over here, but he has to man up. He could have stayed in Houston, they wanted him to, Morey and Adelman both tried to talk him into staying.

But hey, he wanted to go home and the Rockets got Scola, a win win for everyone.

If Vspan wanted to come back, the Rockets and any number of NBA teams would jump at the chance to get him.

DD

The Franchise
03-19-2010, 02:34 AM
If Vspan wanted to come back, the Rockets and any number of NBA teams would jump at the chance to get him.
DD

At this point in his career, I doubt anyone would be doing much jumping at the chance of signing him. :lol He could possibly make a servicable backup though, and that's giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-19-2010, 05:29 AM
At this point in his career, I doubt anyone would be doing much jumping at the chance of signing him. :lol He could possibly make a servicable backup though, and that's giving him the benefit of the doubt.

He is much better now than when he was in the NBA. Since he left the NBA he won the triple crown, was Euroleague playoff MVP, won Greek MVP, he was named 3rd best European player in the world by FIBA panel (behind Pau and Dirk), he was named to all European championship team, others was Pau, Fernandez, Teodosic (who is much better player than Rubio), and Lorbek (he is better than Splitter for example).

I am sure that 3rd best European player in the world can play in NBA. FIBA experts which is the FIBA hall of fame players and coaches and media members name Spanoulis 3rd best European player in world then for sure he can play in NBA and actual truth is Pistons already have offer contract to him.

WESTACKED
03-19-2010, 06:09 AM
Of course he can start in NBA. Scola never won Euroleague championship or Euroleague MVP and he is very good starter in NBA. Spanoulis has Euroleague championship and Euroleague MVP. So of course he can start in NBA.

Did you not see what Mark Jackson say about Jeff van Gundy? He say Jeff Van Gundy told him Stephen Curry is not good enough for NBA and will never make it and if he was coach he would bench him all year as a rookie.

Mark Jackson then say he was call out Van Gundy for being wrong and not know what he was talk about.

This just proves Van Gundy is 100% reason for what happen to Spanoulis. Van Gundy say he would have bench Curry all year and look how he is playing in NBA.
JVG was probably right though. It was just because of the media hype Marbury became a household name while in fact he's never made a change from what he was born to be - a tumor. If JVG was the coach of the team Marbury was a rookie on it would only mean one less malignant tumor in NBA history and all.

it was due mainly to unfitness that V-Span didn't achieve a success in NBA he was expected to get, and he's proved still great after he refound his niche back in Europe. Maybe V-Span is such a prim person that doesn't have the basic acting skills that every NBA player has. See Scola's devious flopping then you get a clue why he survives in NBA while V-Span didn't.

EmptyMan
03-19-2010, 07:52 AM
Yes she is very nice!:downspin:

2GoCvuu0dlQ

kamikazi_player
03-19-2010, 07:54 AM
Oh KPB came back, i'll give him 2 months until he's banned again

djohn2oo8
03-19-2010, 08:15 AM
JVG stunk as a Rockets coach, he brought in his old has been washed up players and left the young guys rotting on the bench in a development year.

You blame that on JVG, and NOT the front office? Let's look at the list of shitty ass players that were brought in

2003-2004- Jim Jackson, Mo Taylor, Kelvin Cato, Clarence Weatherspoon, Eric Piatkowski, Scott Padgett. Torrave Braggs, Bostjan Nachbar, Mooche "Muthafuckin" Norris, Mark Jackson, Mike Wilks, Alton Ford, Charles Oakley, Adrian Griffin

2004-2005: Jim Jackson, Mike James, David Wesley, Juwan Howard, Maurice Taylor, Jon Barry, Tyronn Lue, Charlie Ward, Scott Padgett, Clarence Weatherspoon, Bostjan Nachbar, Reece Gaines, Andre Barrett, Rod Strickland, Ryan Bowen, Vin Baker, Brandan Knight

2005-2006: Rafer Alston, Juwan Howard, Derek Anderson, David Wesley, Stromile Swift, Luther Head, Keith Bogans, Richie Frahm, Jon Barry, Stephen Graham, Lonnie Baxter, John Lucas, Rick Brunson, Ryan Bowen, MacieJ Lampie

2006-2007: Luther Head, Bonzi Wells, Juwan Howard, Kirk Snyder (Who is now supposedly "insane") V-Span, Steve Novak, Jake Tsakalidis

These were all the players that surrounded Tracy and Yao under JVG, the only real chance they had at winning it all was in 04-05 if they had been surrounded by some real talent.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-19-2010, 08:23 AM
JVG was probably right though. It was just because of the media hype Marbury became a household name while in fact he's never made a change from what he was born to be - a tumor. If JVG was the coach of the team Marbury was a rookie on it would only mean one less malignant tumor in NBA history and all.

it was due mainly to unfitness that V-Span didn't achieve a success in NBA he was expected to get, and he's proved still great after he refound his niche back in Europe. Maybe V-Span is such a prim person that doesn't have the basic acting skills that every NBA player has. See Scola's devious flopping then you get a clue why he survives in NBA while V-Span didn't.

I agree Marbury is a moron, loser, and ball hog. But JVG said Stephen Curry the point guard in Warriors cannot play in NBA to Marc Jackson and that he will bench Stephen Curry all year if he have him as rookie.

DaDakota
03-19-2010, 09:57 AM
You blame that on JVG, and NOT the front office? Let's look at the list of shitty ass players that were brought in

2003-2004- Jim Jackson, Mo Taylor, Kelvin Cato, Clarence Weatherspoon, Eric Piatkowski, Scott Padgett. Torrave Braggs, Bostjan Nachbar, Mooche "Muthafuckin" Norris, Mark Jackson, Mike Wilks, Alton Ford, Charles Oakley, Adrian Griffin

2004-2005: Jim Jackson, Mike James, David Wesley, Juwan Howard, Maurice Taylor, Jon Barry, Tyronn Lue, Charlie Ward, Scott Padgett, Clarence Weatherspoon, Bostjan Nachbar, Reece Gaines, Andre Barrett, Rod Strickland, Ryan Bowen, Vin Baker, Brandan Knight

2005-2006: Rafer Alston, Juwan Howard, Derek Anderson, David Wesley, Stromile Swift, Luther Head, Keith Bogans, Richie Frahm, Jon Barry, Stephen Graham, Lonnie Baxter, John Lucas, Rick Brunson, Ryan Bowen, MacieJ Lampie

2006-2007: Luther Head, Bonzi Wells, Juwan Howard, Kirk Snyder (Who is now supposedly "insane") V-Span, Steve Novak, Jake Tsakalidis

These were all the players that surrounded Tracy and Yao under JVG, the only real chance they had at winning it all was in 04-05 if they had been surrounded by some real talent.

Yes, I blame JVG, he was involved in EVERY single move. CD would talk with him they would discuss players and JVG would tell him which ones he wanted.

Look at how much better Adelman and Morey have done, getting MUCH younger, JVG never wanted that, he always went with the old tired, broken down veterans.

JVG was part of the front office......and Rocket fans are better off that he is gone.

Great guy in the booth, funny on the radio, but far too controlling as a coach, and one of the main reasons his teams have consistently failed in the playoffs.

Even the Knicks one run to the finals where Ewing went down the players openly admitted they just did their own thing....

JVG's mentality will always stop him from winning. He wants to be Popovich, but is not as good.

DD