PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Aaron Brooks 20 ppg/5.2 apg/2.6 rpg on the year!

noob cake
03-17-2010, 10:39 PM
Our favorite undersized shooting guard has finally broken 20 ppg.

Also Brooks is leading the league in three point made and attempt. :wakeup

Appreciation thread go!

ginobili's bald spot
03-17-2010, 10:44 PM
This guy is one of the most annoying Rocket fans imho

sook
03-17-2010, 10:45 PM
what happened to that other girl in your sig? The asian one with the nice rack

noob cake
03-17-2010, 10:47 PM

:sleep::nope

monosylab1k
03-17-2010, 10:48 PM
I agree with noob cake, imo. Brooks is nice but I don't see him ever breaking this plateau. This is as good as he'll ever get. And tbh Kirk Hinrich put up these kinds of numbers back in the day too.

Lowry seems to be a guy who is more inconsistent than Brooks, but when he's "on" he's a much bigger impact player for the team.

But this is just a Mavs fan who tbh doesn't watch a ton of Rockets games. I'm more interested in watching a contender.

ginobili's bald spot
03-17-2010, 10:48 PM
what happened to that other girl in your sig? The asian one with the nice rack

I like to switch them out periodically. I'm thinking about changing it every week and making it a "tits of the week" type of thing.

Tmac&Luther
03-17-2010, 11:02 PM
I agree with noob cake, imo. Brooks is nice but I don't see him ever breaking this plateau. This is as good as he'll ever get. And tbh Kirk Hinrich put up these kinds of numbers back in the day too.

Lowry seems to be a guy who is more inconsistent than Brooks, but when he's "on" he's a much bigger impact player for the team.

But this is just a Mavs fan who tbh doesn't watch a ton of Rockets games. I'm more interested in watching a contender.

LMAO, Hinrich NEVER put up the #s that Brooks is putting up in his first real season of heavy minute starting basketball. Also LMAO at Lowry being a "but when he's "on" he's a much bigger impact player for the team." Yeah, go talk to Portland and Laker fans who made a bigger impact in the playoffs last year.

Houston has backup QB syndrome, they thought Sage Rosenfels was the shit, now this idiot noob keeps looking up Lowry's skirt. What's sad though is even he knows Brooks is the better player. He just hates on him, because he's a Yao fan and he hasn't watched Lowry play with Yao enough to know EVERYBODY STRUGGLES getting that slug the ball.

noob cake
03-17-2010, 11:08 PM
LMAO, Hinrich NEVER put up the #s that Brooks is putting up in his first real season of heavy minute starting basketball. Also LMAO at Lowry being a "but when he's "on" he's a much bigger impact player for the team." Yeah, go talk to Portland and Laker fans who made a bigger impact in the playoffs last year.

Houston has backup QB syndrome, they thought Sage Rosenfels was the shit, now this idiot noob keeps looking up Lowry's skirt. What's sad though is even he knows Brooks is the better player. He just hates on him, because he's a Yao fan and he hasn't watched Lowry play with Yao enough to know EVERYBODY STRUGGLES getting that slug the ball.

Way to hate on your Franchise player; but I should have expected that, once a fan of Luther?

monosylab1k
03-17-2010, 11:09 PM
LMAO, Hinrich NEVER put up the #s that Brooks is putting up in his first real season of heavy minute starting basketball.

:lol go look it up. Hinrich didn't have the point totals, but he had seasons where he shot a FAR BETTER percentage, along with more assists and rebounds.

If you think Brooks is going to become an elite PG, you're kidding yourself. This is the absolute peak he will EVER play at.

sook
03-17-2010, 11:13 PM
:lol go look it up. Hinrich didn't have the point totals, but he had seasons where he shot a FAR BETTER percentage, along with more assists and rebounds.

If you think Brooks is going to become an elite PG, you're kidding yourself. This is the absolute peak he will EVER play at.

By elite PG noy j kid or nash like obviously , but he is becoming an elite scoring PG for sure. And believe me I am not overrating him, check his scoring numbers recently, he has been on a tear.

7/7 from 3

10/13 from the field tonight :)

Tmac&Luther
03-17-2010, 11:16 PM

:lol I did look up his #s which is why I LMFAO at you. :rollin Hinrich at his peak wasn't even as good as Brooks is now in his first real year of starting and you want to act like that's some indication of Brooks never becoming a better player. Especially when Yao comes back and he gets even more wide open shots (:rolleyes which will help his shooting percentage......which is already historically higher than hinrich's)

What's next, are you going to tell me Aaron Brooks is the next Mike James, because of the one year James had in Toronto. :lmao

BTW, when did I say Brooks will become a "elite" PG? but there's only about 3 of those.......and when was the last time a "elite" PG won a NBA title? I'm not even sure I want one of those. They have to have the ball too much.

FACT, Brooks is one of the best PGs in the entire league.....Hinrich is not, Brooks > Hinrich (:lol seriously I can't even believe you dropped that comparison)

Tmac&Luther
03-17-2010, 11:18 PM
By elite PG noy j kid or nash like obviously , but he is becoming an elite scoring PG for sure. And believe me I am not overrating him, check his scoring numbers recently, he has been on a tear.

7/7 from 3

10/13 from the field tonight :)

Anybody who compares Aaron Brooks to Kirk Hinrich = instant credibility lost.

monosylab1k
03-17-2010, 11:21 PM
Anybody who compares Aaron Brooks to Kirk Hinrich = instant credibility lost.

3-4 years ago people said Hinrich was on the cusp of being a top PG. I know you're probably 13 and didn't even know who Kirk Hinrich was back then, but the guy had quite a following.

Just like Brooks right now. I just don't see it. I don't see him being any better than he is right now, in fact I see sharp declines coming in his game over the next 3-4 years, just like with Hinrich.

Ghazi
03-17-2010, 11:22 PM

You must not watch many Mavs game then.

Boom roasted

Tmac&Luther
03-17-2010, 11:29 PM
3-4 years ago people said Hinrich was on the cusp of being a top PG. I know you're probably 13 and didn't even know who Kirk Hinrich was back then, but the guy had quite a following.

Just like Brooks right now. I just don't see it. I don't see him being any better than he is right now, in fact I see sharp declines coming in his game over the next 3-4 years, just like with Hinrich.

:lol Yeah, I'm 13, I was 13 when Hakeem lead the Rockets to a title you moron, but you wouldn't even know about anything like that.

People never said Hinrich was going to be a elite PG, most of his hype was because he was white.....sadly that was the truth. They thought he was a up and comer, who played tough defense, and had a high basketball I.Q.

Hinrich NEVER had Brooks athleticism nor outright scoring ability, you're literally comparing apples to oranges. Which is why that's one of the dumbest comparisons I've ever seen on this board. Brooks is still learning and gets better each year.....and he's still better than Hinrich ever was. Which is why if you're going to hate, atleast throw in Mike James who had a better one hit season than Hinrich ever did.

noob cake
03-17-2010, 11:31 PM
:lol Yeah, I'm 13, I was 13 when Hakeem lead the Rockets to a title you moron, but you wouldn't even know about anything like that.

People never said Hinrich was going to be a elite PG, most of his hype was because he was white.....sadly that was the truth. They thought he was a up and comer, who played tough defense, and had a high basketball I.Q.

Hinrich NEVER had Brooks athleticism nor outright scoring ability, you're literally comparing apples to oranges. Which is why that's one of the dumbest comparisons I've ever seen on this board. Brooks is still learning and gets better each year.....and he's still better than Hinrich ever was. Which is why if you're going to hate, atleast throw in Mike James who had a better one hit season than Hinrich ever did.

Except Kirk is a pretty decent defensive player. Brooks has been exposed countless times on defense this year. Tonight, he was playing Conley for Christ's sake.

Tmac&Luther
03-17-2010, 11:37 PM
Except Kirk is a pretty decent defensive player. Brooks has been exposed countless times on defense this year. Tonight, he was playing Conley for Christ's sake.

Can you read, I said Hinrich was a tough defender. Guess what, Alston was a good defensive PG. Still doesn't mean they're bettter than Brooks. As for the Conley drop.....I don't really understand that, the guy is a decent young point and he didn't really go over his seasonal averages again Brooks.

Alston, Hinrich, Lowry were/are all about the same class.....Brooks is better.

Funny thing is you try to knock on Brooks by calling him a SG......how about you fill us all in on what position Hinrich "the great" was moved to.

:rolleyes Oh in case you were wondering....Hinrich wouldn't be able to pass the ball to Yao either.

noob cake
03-17-2010, 11:45 PM
Can you read, I said Hinrich was a tough defender. Guess what, Alston was a good defensive PG. Still doesn't mean they're bettter than Brooks. As for the Conley drop.....I don't really understand that, the guy is a decent young point and he didn't really go over his seasonal averages again Brooks.

Alston, Hinrich, Lowry were/are all about the same class.....Brooks is better.

Funny thing is you try to knock on Brooks by calling him a SG......how about you fill us all in on what position Hinrich "the great" was moved to.

:rolleyes Oh in case you were wondering....Hinrich wouldn't be able to pass the ball to Yao either.

Yao is a scrub; lets trade him for Eddy Curry + Al Harrington

I heard Al is pretty good at dropping statlines.

The Franchise
03-18-2010, 12:15 AM

Hinrich has never been the impact player that Brooks is on a game at any point in his career. Brooks is so much better, that 30 out of 30 teams would take Brooks over Hinrich without question (even if it was the Hinrich of 4 years ago :lol). As a matter of fact, Brooks is so good, that there are only about 5 teams in the league that would stick with what they have over Brooks now, and he hasn't even realized his potential yet. If we can somehow get our 7'6 bitch to stay healthy next season, with the weapons we have now, you will get an eye opening look into how effective Brooks can really be.

monosylab1k
03-18-2010, 01:23 AM
As a matter of fact, Brooks is so good, that there are only about 5 teams in the league that would stick with what they have over Brooks now

1. New Orleans
2. Utah
3. Phoenix
4. Boston
5. Oklahoma City
6. Denver
7. Milwaukee
8. Dallas
9. Chicago
10. Golden State

...all will take their current PG's over Brooks right now.

If we can somehow get our 7'6 bitch to stay healthy next season, with the weapons we have now, you will get an eye opening look into how effective Brooks can really be.

:lmao only in the world of delusional ass Rocket fan would Yao Ming be the problem and Aaron Brooks the answer.

That's why you guys are so much better than last season, right? :lmao :lmao :lmao

Indazone
03-18-2010, 01:45 AM
Are we reaching epic ttlong trolling status yet? LOL

sook
03-18-2010, 01:53 AM
1. New Orleans
2. Utah
3. Phoenix
4. Boston
5. Oklahoma City
6. Denver
7. Milwaukee
8. Dallas
9. Chicago
10. Golden State

...all will take their current PG's over Brooks right now.

:lmao only in the world of delusional ass Rocket fan would Yao Ming be the problem and Aaron Brooks the answer.

That's why you guys are so much better than last season, right? :lmao :lmao :lmao

dude I am not a homer...I have always said Yao and Tmac were overrated, but brooks is legit.

He had chuck hayes, battier, and ariza starting with him. Ever since we got martin teams don't have to focus on him and he has been putting 30 point games like it was nothing. Believe me, this is a nonhomer comment.

The Franchise
03-18-2010, 02:32 AM
^Mono, I did go a little overboard saying 5 teams, but Dallas and Denver would be better with Brooks as their pg. As for the second half of your post, WTF are you talking about? Yao not being healthy has been a problem for us this year, and it makes no sense for you to say otherwise. I was saying if he can stay healthy, Brooks and everyone else will flourish because of it. I never said we were a better team this year without Yao (where did that come from). In fact, I was saying the exact opposite.

The Franchise
03-18-2010, 02:43 AM
dude I am not a homer...I have always said Yao and Tmac were overrated, but brooks is legit.

He had chuck hayes, battier, and ariza starting with him. Ever since we got martin teams don't have to focus on him and he has been putting 30 point games like it was nothing. Believe me, this is a nonhomer comment.

I will admit, I have been pissed at Brooks about his decision making at times this season, but he's really flourished at the point since he and Martin have gotten adjusted to one another. The game just seems like it's become very easy for him.

Xsatyr
03-18-2010, 04:56 AM

20ppg is not his peak. He was averaging just under 20 and since the Martin trade he is averaging over 24 points.

Ghazi
03-18-2010, 08:10 AM
mavs would not be better with brooks as their PG... only adv would be better dribble penetration, which is a big deal but would be more than offset by the rest of Kidd's superior qualities.

WESTACKED
03-18-2010, 08:20 AM
mavs would not be better with brooks as their PG... only adv would be better dribble penetration, which is a big deal but would be more than offset by the rest of Kidd's superior qualities.
Brooks isn't a real PG in my point of view. To me he looks more like a SG rather than PG and the Mavs have already got such a player this mould in Juan Jose Barea, who is very depreciated among Mavs fans.

BRHornet45
03-18-2010, 08:22 AM
Hammon > Brooks

djohn2oo8
03-18-2010, 09:35 AM
lol boob cake

djohn2oo8
03-18-2010, 09:37 AM
Hammon > Brooks

Carano > Hammon

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-18-2010, 09:41 AM

Damn mono I didn't know you were a Yaofan. I agree Brooks has probably plateaued, but unlike Yao he can stay healthy and cares about his team.

WESTACKED
03-18-2010, 09:44 AM
Damn mono I didn't know you were a Yaofan. I agree Brooks has probably plateaued, but unlike Yao he can stay healthy and cares about his team.
mono likes whatever i repel, that's why he's such a narcissistic sissy fuck.

BRHornet45
03-18-2010, 09:46 AM
Carano > Hammon

son Carano is a cutie no doubt, but she is a quitter. they finally matched her up against a legit MMA fighter and she got curb stomped then went into hiding. mah Becky is a true competitor.

djohn2oo8
03-18-2010, 09:48 AM
Oh, and Jordan Hill is gonna be a stud, thank you Donnie Walsh

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-18-2010, 09:51 AM
http://blog.oregonlive.com/sportsupdates/2008/03/osuend.JPG

Glad to see he went to a team that has a coach who is patient with players and great at incorporating them. Also good to see him and C-Bud reunite.

Double-Up
03-18-2010, 09:54 AM
Hammon > Brooks

my balls > your brain

monosylab1k
03-18-2010, 10:22 AM
^Mono, I did go a little overboard saying 5 teams, but Dallas and Denver would be better with Brooks as their pg.

:lol yeah I'm sure Denver would get rid of Chauncey in an instant. And frankly, the Mavs had a shoot-first PG who was worlds more talented than Brooks when they had Devin Harris. Kidd runs the offense far better. I'll take Kidd over Brooks any day.

Indazone
03-18-2010, 12:17 PM
Jordan Hill right now = Mikki Moore

sook
03-18-2010, 04:18 PM
:lol yeah I'm sure Denver would get rid of Chauncey in an instant. And frankly, the Mavs had a shoot-first PG who was worlds more talented than Brooks when they had Devin Harris. Kidd runs the offense far better. I'll take Kidd over Brooks any day.

Devin Harris was not better than aaron brooks is now, hell AB is way better than Devin at the moment. Like you said, you haven't seen a lot of rockets games. :lol:toast

monosylab1k
03-18-2010, 04:20 PM
Devin Harris was not better than aaron brooks is now, hell AB is way better than Devin at the moment

in terms of raw talent, Devin Harris is on another level past Brooks.

sook
03-18-2010, 04:25 PM
in terms of raw talent, Devin Harris is on another level past Brooks.

He has height, and better athleticism, in that case you are right. But AB has started one WHOLE nba season. Thats it.

Brooks- 20.1 ppg, 5.2 ast
Billups- 19.6 ppg, 5.8 ast
Rose- 20.4 ppg, 5.4 asst

That doesn't paint the whole picture though, brooks had to start with hayes, battier, and ariza, all crappy offensive players. Even since the martin trade he is avging 24 ppg on 51% shooting,40% from 3. Just with one more scorer on offense his numbers are WAY better because it was unfair that all the teams could just focus on him. So you can see why I am saying what I am. If this dude had a couple more inches he would be insane. :king

sook
03-18-2010, 04:31 PM
i forgot to add that the martin stats are from a 10 game sample size, but even then the results are statistically significant showing that there is MAJOR improvement in his numbers. I doubt he can keep those numbers up because that is just insane, but who knows?

I think even with Yao back, he will get his shots and remain a 20ppg player for the first month, and then when Yao gets injured he will be around 23-24.

sook
03-18-2010, 04:34 PM
he is such a good shooter its not even funny...

7/7 from downtown here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBpt2ZaKmY4&feature=player_embedded

The Franchise
03-18-2010, 05:13 PM
i forgot to add that the martin stats are from a 10 game sample size, but even then the results are statistically significant showing that there is MAJOR improvement in his numbers. I doubt he can keep those numbers up because that is just insane, but who knows?

I think even with Yao back, he will get his shots and remain a 20ppg player for the first month, and then when Yao gets injured he will be around 23-24.

I think with the better supporting cast next season his assist numbers are going to go up drastically along with his scoring. Including the players we draft, that team will be the deepest he has ever played on. Morey has done an incredible job of building a team that is deep enough to win despite injuries and without a superstar. How many of the current contenders can say that? Even if Yao breaks again, his contract expires so we can send him off into retirement and easily replace him with the 17 million in cap space he will be clearing up. The future is looking very bright for our young team. :king

djohn2oo8
03-18-2010, 05:14 PM
I think with the better supporting cast next season his assist numbers are going to go up drastically along with his scoring. Including the players we draft, that team will be the deepest he has ever played on. Morey has done an incredible job of building a team that is deep enough to win despite injuries and without a superstar. How many of the current contenders can say that? Even if Yao breaks again, his contract expires so we can send him off into retirement and easily replace him with the 17 million in cap space he will be clearing up. The future is looking very bright for our young team. :king

And Morey does not need a top pick to make a great selection in the draft

sook
03-18-2010, 05:24 PM

exactly, unlike the previous years of everything riding on the success of that one year, we have a great future in terms of planning.

Many PackYao
03-18-2010, 06:00 PM
Brooks put up 31pt/9ast to Billups's 17pts/4asts the other night. He's getting it done against "Elite" PGs. He's doing pretty good at 20/5 for it being his first full year as a starter.

Indazone
03-18-2010, 06:15 PM
Morey will probably just pick the best talent there is and then Rudy Gay him for another Battier.

djohn2oo8
03-18-2010, 06:18 PM
Morey will probably just pick the best talent there is and then Rudy Gay him for another Battier.

You forgot the fact that Morey wasn't the GM then, moron!

sook
03-18-2010, 06:52 PM
Indazone fail

IronMexican
03-18-2010, 06:53 PM
lol indazone with the facepalm.

IronMexican
03-18-2010, 07:30 PM
This is almost as bad as that time he posted coldplay lyrics

Indazone
03-18-2010, 07:54 PM
And so castles made of sand,
fall in the sea eventually

a little indian brave who before he was ten
played war games in the woods with his indian friends
and he built a dream that when he grew up
he would be a fearless warrior indian chief

many moons passed and the dream grew strong until tomorrow
he would sing his first war song
and fight his first battle but something went wrong
surprise attack killed him in his sleep that night

and so castles made of sand
melts into the sea eventually

Indazone
03-18-2010, 07:56 PM
You forgot the fact that Morey wasn't the GM then, moron!

Uh huh...cause Morey had nothing to do with that decision right? LOL

And don't tell me that you don't know how Morey thinks..players are chips to be bought and sold. You always try to trade up for younger better talent. Moneyball is about getting undervalued assets and Morey runs the draft to get the best talent available. You might keep them and then again, you might trade them away to get what you want. An undervalued asset.

djohn2oo8
03-18-2010, 07:58 PM
Uh huh...cause Morey had nothing to do with that decision right? LOL

Houston Rockets (http://www.insidehoops.com/teams/houston-rockets.shtml) General Manager Carroll Dawson announced today that the team has acquired forward/guard Shane Battier from the Memphis Grizzlies (http://www.insidehoops.com/teams/memphis-grizzlies.shtml) in exchange for forward Stromile Swift and the draft rights to Connecticut forward Rudy Gay, who was selected by the Rockets with the eighth overall selection in the 2006 NBA Draft (http://www.insidehoops.com/draft.shtml)

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/battier-gay-swift-071206.shtml#ixzz0ia0DaTUa

As a Rockets fan, you SHOULD know better than that. With all the moves Morey has made, NONE of them resemble Carroll Dawson's

Indazone
03-18-2010, 07:59 PM
Houston Rockets (http://www.insidehoops.com/teams/houston-rockets.shtml) General Manager Carroll Dawson announced today that the team has acquired forward/guard Shane Battier from the Memphis Grizzlies (http://www.insidehoops.com/teams/memphis-grizzlies.shtml) in exchange for forward Stromile Swift and the draft rights to Connecticut forward Rudy Gay, who was selected by the Rockets with the eighth overall selection in the 2006 NBA Draft (http://www.insidehoops.com/draft.shtml)

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/battier-gay-swift-071206.shtml#ixzz0ia0DaTUa

As a Rockets fan, you SHOULD know better than that. With all the moves Morey has made, NONE of them resemble Carroll Dawson's

Don't be fooled or you'll fall into the moron pool.

djohn2oo8
03-18-2010, 08:00 PM
Don't be fooled or you'll fall into the moron pool.

Seems you're already there

djohn2oo8
03-18-2010, 08:06 PM
LOL @ Indazone thinking Morey ( a MIT graduate) who uses a precise system to predict who will be able to fit in their system, would make a dumbass trade like that

Indazone
03-18-2010, 08:07 PM
Morey has already stated a lot about the Battier for Gay trade. He was on board.

Indazone
03-18-2010, 08:08 PM
For instance, from a sidebar to Friedman's main article, here's some background into how it is the Rockets came to trade red-hot prospect Rudy Gay for Shane Battier:

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/4098/how-daryl-morey-s-mind-works-and-why-you-should-love-shane-battier

Here's a small glimpse at what they saw: When Battier was on the court, his team
Scored more
Rebounded better
Fouled less
Allowed fewer points
Shot better
Decreased their opponent's shooting percentage
In other words, he was exactly the type of player the numbers said they had to have.
"He definitely stood out in all the methods we use," says Morey. "He's someone who creates a large margin over who he's guarding. In the NBA, it's not how many points you score, it's what you do with each time down the floor. And when Shane uses a possession, it's always a high number of points are scored. And when Shane's guarding someone, not many points are scored when the other team uses the possession on the other end of the floor. When he played versus not over his years in Memphis, the team was about eight points per game better, a very significant margin."
What we're getting from this is that Battier is doing "the little things." Or "playing smart." Or, essentially, doing the things that win basketball games -- whatever they are -- but don't show up in the traditional box score.

SO YEAH MOREY MAKES A DUMBASS TRADE LIKE THAT

djohn2oo8
03-18-2010, 08:10 PM
Morey has already stated a lot about the Battier for Gay trade. He was on board.

:lmao An ASSISTANT General Manager was on board with what the General Manager told him to do, what a surprise!!!

djohn2oo8
03-18-2010, 08:23 PM
For instance, from a sidebar to Friedman's main article, here's some background into how it is the Rockets came to trade red-hot prospect Rudy Gay for Shane Battier:

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/4098/how-daryl-morey-s-mind-works-and-why-you-should-love-shane-battier

Here's a small glimpse at what they saw: When Battier was on the court, his team
Scored more
Rebounded better
Fouled less
Allowed fewer points
Shot better
Decreased their opponent's shooting percentage
In other words, he was exactly the type of player the numbers said they had to have.
"He definitely stood out in all the methods we use," says Morey. "He's someone who creates a large margin over who he's guarding. In the NBA, it's not how many points you score, it's what you do with each time down the floor. And when Shane uses a possession, it's always a high number of points are scored. And when Shane's guarding someone, not many points are scored when the other team uses the possession on the other end of the floor. When he played versus not over his years in Memphis, the team was about eight points per game better, a very significant margin."
What we're getting from this is that Battier is doing "the little things." Or "playing smart." Or, essentially, doing the things that win basketball games -- whatever they are -- but don't show up in the traditional box score.

SO YEAH MOREY MAKES A DUMBASS TRADE LIKE THAT

First of all, Carroll Dawson was all about building around Yao and Tracy, which was fine when they were healthy. AND TERRIBLE WHEN THEY WEREN'T. Morey was hired by the Rockets on April 3rd, 2006. The draft was in June of 2006, so, Morey, not being in charge, had little to no say in that trade, because it was not HIS team to run yet

Indazone
03-18-2010, 08:33 PM
Back when he was assistant GM, Morey helped to direct the draft day deal that sent Stromile Swift and the rights to Rudy Gay to the Grizzlies for Battier because Morey's numbers showed that when the fundamentally sound forward is on the court, his team is better at scoring, rebounding, shooting, limiting fouls and stopping opponents from scoring.

"Everyone wants Kevin Garnett—he's got the perfect height, body, mentality—but most times, you're going to have to do with less," Morey says. "Behind Yao and Tracy, we've been willing to give up an inch of height, let's say, for more skill, a person who plays harder and creates for others, who defends and rebounds well." Morey's "basketball players" don't pop off a stat sheet, but they give coach Rick Adelman interchangeable and versatile parts that are capable of creating offensive and defensive advantages. "Chuck can guard anyone from 1 to 5; Shane can play 2, 3 or 4; Luis Scola can play 3, 4 or 5; and Brent Barry can go 1, 2 or 3," Morey says. "We're limited only by our strategic insight."

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:Fn71tKLfqpYJ:sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story%3Fsection%3Dmagazine%26id%3D3658571+daryl+mo rey+on+battier+for+gay&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

You're move DJohn

djohn2oo8
03-18-2010, 08:38 PM
Back when he was assistant GM, Morey helped to direct the draft day deal that sent Stromile Swift and the rights to Rudy Gay to the Grizzlies for Battier because Morey's numbers showed that when the fundamentally sound forward is on the court, his team is better at scoring, rebounding, shooting, limiting fouls and stopping opponents from scoring.

"Everyone wants Kevin Garnett—he's got the perfect height, body, mentality—but most times, you're going to have to do with less," Morey says. "Behind Yao and Tracy, we've been willing to give up an inch of height, let's say, for more skill, a person who plays harder and creates for others, who defends and rebounds well." Morey's "basketball players" don't pop off a stat sheet, but they give coach Rick Adelman interchangeable and versatile parts that are capable of creating offensive and defensive advantages. "Chuck can guard anyone from 1 to 5; Shane can play 2, 3 or 4; Luis Scola can play 3, 4 or 5; and Brent Barry can go 1, 2 or 3," Morey says. "We're limited only by our strategic insight."

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:Fn71tKLfqpYJ:sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story%3Fsection%3Dmagazine%26id%3D3658571+daryl+mo rey+on+battier+for+gay&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

You're move DJohn

Morey came in, had to deal with players that did not fit his system of play, and had NO choice but to build around him. Again, Carroll Dawson selected Yao, made the trade for Tracy. Do you hear me? Carroll Dawson. Morey has stated that Yao isn't his type of player, Tracy never was. Shane was supposed to be the glue guy, but couldn't be while Yao and Tracy were always hurt. Now Rudy Gay, I say one last time, Carroll Dawson made the goddamn trade, Carroll Dawson

Indazone
03-18-2010, 08:42 PM
So what if Dawson made the trade. He was General Manager at the time. I"m saying that Morey was instrumental as part of the team to convince the Rockets management of trading for Battier. Done.

djohn2oo8
03-18-2010, 08:53 PM
So what if Dawson made the trade. He was General Manager at the time. I"m saying that Morey was instrumental as part of the team to convince the Rockets management of trading for Battier. Done.

SMGH, I'll slow it down for you, simpleton....Carroll Dawson selected Yao ming in 2002. Carroll Dawson traded for Tracy in 2004. Carroll was about "THE BIG NAME" type of player. You put 2 injury plagued players around each other, then you have no team. BTW, Dawson put such a shitty cast of players around them. Now for Morey, he came into a situation where the foundation of the team was already set. Under this notion, and while McGrady and Yao were teammates, the Rockets were always in a "win-now" mode, so that's why DAWSON made the trade. Morey had no choice, the Rockets were in a win now mode, not wait and see how the player develops mode. It was Dawson's fault for acquiring such injury prone players, and not surrounding them with talent when they were healthy. Gay should have been a Rocket, but Dawson forced them into that position, not Morey

djohn2oo8
03-18-2010, 08:53 PM
Morey is all about developing the player

Lars
03-18-2010, 09:31 PM
That trade was legit. Dumping swift and using the money to bring in Bonzi as well as Battier. Case and point, check the box score last night...Rudy Gay sucks.

sook
03-18-2010, 09:51 PM
gay does suck and stop being an idiot indazone. Do you honestly think that trade translates to all the other trades morey had made? If anything CD did it for JVG and tmac who asked for the trade.

djohn2oo8
03-18-2010, 10:07 PM
gay does suck and stop being an idiot indazone. Do you honestly think that trade translates to all the other trades morey had made? If anything CD did it for JVG and tmac who asked for the trade.

:tu

DaDakota
03-18-2010, 11:49 PM
That was Morey's trade, it was pretty much known that CD was just holding the seat at that point, and Morey and his analytics had Shane as a very undervalued player.

They took it to CD and Les, they agreed if we could dumb Swift's contract too....the Rockets did not want Gay, they wanted Roy, and if not him then Thebo Sefalosha...

The Battier trade was Morey all the way.

As much as I like Morey, he has not hit on everything......Joey Dorsey was a miss, Jermaine Taylor is looking like a miss, but overall the dude has been nails.

DD

noob cake
03-18-2010, 11:54 PM
That was Morey's trade, it was pretty much known that CD was just holding the seat at that point, and Morey and his analytics had Shane as a very undervalued player.

They took it to CD and Les, they agreed if we could dumb Swift's contract too....the Rockets did not want Gay, they wanted Roy, and if not him then Thebo Sefalosha...

As much as I like Morey, he has not hit on everything......Joey Dorsey was a miss, Jermaine Taylor is looking like a miss, but overall the dude has been nails.

DD

JT is a rookie; Dorsey had poor work ethics.

DaDakota
03-18-2010, 11:56 PM
JT is a rookie; Dorsey had poor work ethics.
Yes as I said, he has not hit on everything...JT has time to develop, but he looks pretty lost out there, like he doesn't understand the game.

Time will tell.

DD

sook
03-19-2010, 02:45 AM

DD

Wrong, morey had him listed as an undervalued player, but it was tmac who asked management to trade the lottery pick for a vet because he wanted to win now, he did the same shit in orlando and left when they didn't do it with dwight.

Morey isn't a hit on every thing, but his hits FAR outweigh his misses. You really expect the guy to find all stars with every mid 2nd round pick?

spizzle_tronk
03-19-2010, 09:10 AM

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/57/m_13170bf45def4ed6a06fd726f14ac51c.gif

sefant77
03-19-2010, 09:33 AM
Still no defense, or?

And gratulations to 5.2 APG combined with 2.9 TO/G, awesome ratio.

Gonna be fun next year, Brooks and Martin demanding the ball all the time, Ariza tasting the sweet taste of chuc..eh scoring this season and still no one that can throw a nice entry pass to Yao :rollin

But since Yao or Martin will go down anyway...

djohn2oo8
03-19-2010, 09:40 AM
Still no defense, or?

Gonna be fun next year, Brooks and Martin demanding the ball all the time, Ariza tasting the sweet taste of chuc..eh scoring this season and still no one that can throw a nice entry pass to Yao :rollin

It's dumbass fans like you who make it hard to root for the Mavs

noob cake
03-19-2010, 10:15 AM
Still no defense, or?

Does matter, our PG is 2x the scorer your PG is.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-19-2010, 10:22 AM
So many people make this mistake and it's annoying. The Rockets didn't trade Rudy Gay for Battier, they wanted Battier and Memphis told them to draft gay and they would trade Battier for his draft rights. Houston would not have necessarily picked Gay had they held onto the pick. Also :lmao Indazone trying to pass that statement off as him blaming the assistant GM for that trade when he obviously made a blatant error. It's ok dude, Suns fans try to blame Kerr for trading Rajon Rondo all the time and that's just as retarded.

djohn2oo8
03-19-2010, 10:31 AM
So many people make this mistake and it's annoying. The Rockets didn't trade Rudy Gay for Battier, they wanted Battier and Memphis told them to draft gay and they would trade Battier for his draft rights. Houston would not have necessarily picked Gay had they held onto the pick. Also :lmao Indazone trying to pass that statement off as him blaming the assistant GM for that trade when he obviously made a blatant error. It's ok dude, Suns fans try to blame Kerr for trading Rajon Rondo all the time and that's just as retarded.

Exactly. I wonder what Morey did to him personally, for Indazone to hold such a fake ass grudge

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-19-2010, 10:36 AM
Exactly. I wonder what Morey did to him personally, for Indazone to hold such a fake ass grudge

I don't get why you guys think it was such a monumental rip off for Memphis either. Gay is a black hole who contributes nothing other than scoring. There's no way Brooks, Gay and martin would be able to co-exist. Battier is the ideal role playing small forward. Stud defender, good passer, high bball IQ, might not score but does everything else.

noob cake
03-19-2010, 10:40 AM
I don't get why you guys think it was such a monumental rip off for Memphis either. Gay is a black hole who contributes nothing other than scoring. There's no way Brooks, Gay and martin would be able to co-exist. Battier is the ideal role playing small forward. Stud defender, good passer, high bball IQ, might not score but does everything else.

I don't get where this Shane Battier can't score thing is coming from. He averaged 14.4 points a game his rookie season.

He only shoots 7.8 times a game, and scores 1.24 points per shot over his career. He has shown that he can finish last second floaters and post up smaller players (you'll see this maybe once a game).

The reason why he hasn't been scoring during the past few years is because Adelman has been parking him at the corners 90% of the time.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-19-2010, 10:45 AM
I don't get where this Shane Battier can't score thing is coming from. He averaged 14.4 points a game his rookie season.

He only shoots 7.8 times a game, and scores 1.24 points per shot over his career. He has shown that he can finish last second floaters and post up smaller players (you'll see this maybe once a game).

The reason why he hasn't been scoring during the past few years is because Adelman has been parking him at the corners 90% of the time.

I never said he can't score, I said he doesn't score. He knows that as the player he is there are other ways he can try to help his team win. He's the one player from Duke I can think of that isn't a walking vagina. Completely missed the purpose of my post.

sefant77
03-19-2010, 10:53 AM
It's dumbass fans like you who make it hard to root for the Mavs

Well, i guess its a give and go since we have to read everywhere we were chokers 2006 when no one would beat 5 against 8 :toast

Btw im not cheering for injuries and the Martin trade was a no-brainer but now u are again pairing up Yao with the biggest young "star" injury prone in the league, like u didnt learn the last years. And Brooks/Martin doesnt fit well for me, Martin need a Billups type beside him or Brooks need a Iggy type. Yes scoring blabla but scoring doesnt win championships, hello Suns, hello 2004 Mavs.

Yeah, the PG position is all about PPG :rollin

If you didnt realize we traded a scoring PG away to get someone that help the WHOLE team improving their scoring. And i take Kidds 10 PPG anyday over 20 PPG because all his other skillz and aspects of the game >>> 10 more points...

djohn2oo8
03-19-2010, 11:16 AM

Wait, so now you're calling Brooks a PG? Make up your mind already, you just called him a SG!!!

djohn2oo8
03-19-2010, 11:24 AM
Anyway, let's just hope for a Rocket's thrashing of the Celtics tonight

noob cake
03-19-2010, 12:18 PM
Wait, so now you're calling Brooks a PG? Make up your mind already, you just called him a SG!!!

SG playing as a PG, :wakeup

djohn2oo8
03-19-2010, 12:23 PM
Because he can shoot, you call him a SG. Unbelievable, I bet you didn't know he could pass too?:wow

sook
03-19-2010, 12:35 PM

Its sad when a fan of another team knows more about the rockets than a rockets fan. Thank you.

Unholy Turkey
03-19-2010, 12:58 PM
Battier is an amazing asset to have. He's a lot more valuable than Gay. Do you remember at the beginning of last season when Battier was out? Our team defense wasn't as good. When he came back, everything went back to tip top shape.

Look at it this way, would you rather have a prime Bowen, or Richard Jefferson?

Indazone
03-19-2010, 04:05 PM
I swear Djohn and Sook are the most annoying Rockets posters here. Totally clueless and can't see all I"m trying to do is make a point. Battier is a glue guy and great defender good three point shooter. I have nothing against the guy. Only that Djohn came out and said it was a dumbass trade so of course I said yeah Morey would make that Dumbass trade it has his rubber stamp all over it. Sook you can take your Yao hating to new heights..but incredibly moronic and rates an all time highs in stupidity. You can't can't even acknowledge he's a 7 time all star and he averages 19.9 and 9 boards. Those just don't grow on trees and he is a massive presence on the court defensively. If you can't see that..you are indeed a moron.

noob cake
03-19-2010, 04:11 PM
I swear Djohn and Sook are the most annoying Rockets posters here. Totally clueless and can't see all I"m trying to do is make a point. Battier is a glue guy and great defender good three point shooter. I have nothing against the guy. Only that Djohn came out and said it was a dumbass trade so of course I said yeah Morey would make that Dumbass trade it has his rubber stamp all over it. Sook you can take your Yao hating to new heights..but incredibly moronic and rates an all time highs in stupidity. You can't can't even acknowledge he's a 7 time all star and he averages 19.9 and 9 boards. Those just don't grow on trees and he is a massive presence on the court defensively. If you can't see that..you are indeed a moron.

Yao is still our franchise player, and he enables Les to pay the lux tax and spend money on second rounders, yet some people want to kick him out of Houston.

Les is not that rich now that his First Marblehead stock is worth almost nothing.

djohn2oo8
03-19-2010, 04:14 PM

So, I'm the first to come out and call the trade stupid? I called it a dumbass trade because I'm so sick of everybody bringing it up, I explained it before that they were in a win now situation, which is why they traded for Battier. You're not saying anything new, and HOW CAN IT HAVE MOREY'S STAMP ALL OVER IT WHEN HE WAS ONLY HERE FOR LESS THAN TWO MONTHS?

djohn2oo8
03-19-2010, 04:15 PM
Yao is still our franchise player, and he enables Les to pay the lux tax and spend money on second rounders, yet some people want to kick him out of Houston.

Les is not that rich now that his First Marblehead stock is worth almost nothing.

:lmao You still call Yao our franchise player, when Morey is building for life after him

Indazone
03-19-2010, 04:50 PM
Djohn making my point for me.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-19-2010, 05:26 PM

Yao is getting paid close to 17 million dollars this year and has yet to dress for a game. Are you seriously trying to argue he helps the Rockets' financial flexibility?

Unholy Turkey
03-19-2010, 05:37 PM
Yao is getting paid close to 17 million dollars this year and has yet to dress for a game. Are you seriously trying to argue he helps the Rockets' financial flexibility?

I thought there was some kinda injury exception clause we got that makes it so we don't have to pay for him?

sook
03-19-2010, 06:02 PM

Wtf are you talking about? You do realize tmac averaged 20 ppg and was a 7 time all star as well right? What was his problem though? He KEPT GETTING INJURED. Get your head out of your ass, its not even plain denial anymore...ITS IGNORANCE.

I never said Yao sucked, why would I? The fact is he is giving us 0 production...fucking zero! You want to frame his career acheivements and enjoy playoff losses and losing seasons just because Yao is good when he actually dresses for a game...which has happened a fraction of the time during his tenure in houston.

If Yao is healthy (not true though), he makes the rockets better. I am not arguing that you moron. All I'm saying is that he is not the "Franchise Player" anymore. The guy can't even play starters minutes anyways...

djohn2oo8
03-19-2010, 06:03 PM

Please, don't waste your energy tryin to argue, he thinks Lowry is better than Brooks

noob cake
03-19-2010, 06:53 PM
Please, don't waste your energy tryin to argue, he thinks Lowry is better than Brooks

Lowry is a BETTER point guard than Brooks.

Brooks is a SUPERIOR player to Lowry, but he is sadly a very undersized shooting guard (ie think AI with way less swag and driving ability, but better shooting range)

Lowry contributes MORE to Rockets winning as a team. Besides we are looking for a POINT GUARD, not a shooting guard who dribbles the ball upcourt. With Kevin Martin, one of the worst passing shooting guard (among slightly below all-star level to superstar level SG), we need a damn pure point guard to start.

Brooks would be a PERFECT 6th man, filling in for Landry.

Lars
03-19-2010, 10:02 PM
If we didnt have Brooks we would be a 10 win team.

picc84
03-20-2010, 01:34 AM
Rox lost tonight because Adelman waited until the game was over to insert Brooks, after which they immediately went on a run.

noob cake
03-20-2010, 11:25 PM
If we didnt have Brooks we would be a 10 win team.

Lowry would never allow us to become the Nets v2

http://www.joewrite.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/haters-gonna-hate.gif

Indazone
03-20-2010, 11:47 PM
Lowry is a BETTER point guard than Brooks.

Brooks is a SUPERIOR player to Lowry, but he is sadly a very undersized shooting guard (ie think AI with way less swag and driving ability, but better shooting range)

Lowry contributes MORE to Rockets winning as a team. Besides we are looking for a POINT GUARD, not a shooting guard who dribbles the ball upcourt. With Kevin Martin, one of the worst passing shooting guard (among slightly below all-star level to superstar level SG), we need a damn pure point guard to start.

Brooks would be a PERFECT 6th man, filling in for Landry.

What in the world are you talking about? Every since K-Mart came Brooks offensive output has gone up an average of 5 points. Do you know how huge that is? Now defenses can't key on Brooks anymore because they have to pay attention to KMart. The Rockets backcourt is averaging over 50 points a game and Scola is left alone with single coverage. How can you even argue that Brooks sucks and should be coming off the bench?

noob cake
03-20-2010, 11:50 PM
What in the world are you talking about? Every since K-Mart came Brooks offensive output has gone up an average of 5 points. Do you know how huge that is? Now defenses can't key on Brooks anymore because they have to pay attention to KMart. The Rockets backcourt is averaging over 50 points a game and Scola is left alone with single coverage. How can you even argue that Brooks sucks and should be coming off the bench?

Starting doesn't really matter as long as Lowry plays more minutes than he is currently playing. We all want Rockets to succeed.

Chill out and enjoy some Alba.

http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Jessica-Alna-See-Through-dress-jessica-alba-42469_400_566.jpg

djohn2oo8
03-21-2010, 07:03 PM
Starting doesn't really matter as long as Lowry plays more minutes than he is currently playing. We all want Rockets to succeed.

Chill out and enjoy some Alba.

http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Jessica-Alna-See-Through-dress-jessica-alba-42469_400_566.jpg

Noob Cake resorts to uploading his "beat it" collection

sook
03-21-2010, 07:31 PM
holy shit that can't be real

redzero
03-21-2010, 08:14 PM

There's a tool one can use to see through some types of clothes.

noob cake
03-21-2010, 08:47 PM

Digitally enchanted image; basically when you wear light colored meshy clothing, the contour leaks through.

Certain types of clothing + color + filtering = win.