PDA

View Full Version : Who gets 8th seed...

PGDynasty24
03-18-2010, 01:01 AM
and date with lakeshow in 1st round. Spurs or Blazers. I'd usually say Spurs. But spurs have such a brutal schedule for the rest of the season. Watcha Think?

mystargtr34
03-18-2010, 01:06 AM
I think Blazers. Spurs have a tough stretch home, but so do the Blazers, and they are still a couple games back.

@Pho
vs Dal x2
vs Okl
@Okl
@LAL
@Den

Thats some tough games.

mystargtr34
03-18-2010, 01:08 AM
Scratch that, i just rechecked the Spurs schedule.

@Atl
@Okl
vs LAL
vs Cle
@ Bos
vs Orl
@ LAL
@ Pho
@ Den
@ Dal

Plus games against Memphis and Houston.

Spurs fall to the 8th seed.

mystargtr34
03-18-2010, 01:09 AM
And get the broom treatment from LA.

cobbler
03-18-2010, 01:11 AM

@Atl
@Okl
vs LAL
vs Cle
@ Bos
vs Orl
@ LAL
@ Pho
@ Den
@ Dal

Ouuuuch!!! That is a tough stretch!

PGDynasty24
03-18-2010, 01:11 AM

@Atl
@Okl
vs LAL
vs Cle
@ Bos
vs Orl
@ LAL
@ Pho
@ Den
@ Dal

that is one of the nasties end schedules I have EVER seen. They are probably favorite to lose every single one of those games. Damn!

mystargtr34
03-18-2010, 01:13 AM
Yep, last time i checked was a week or so ago, and forgot how ridiculously tough it was.

Xylus
03-18-2010, 01:15 AM
Spurs are going to fall to the 8th seed, unfortunately. Though a Dallas-Portland series will be VERY interesting.

cobbler
03-18-2010, 01:16 AM
I want the Suns to drop to #8.

Payback is in order!

Though taking 500 bucks off of tlong would be nice!

ChrisRichards
03-18-2010, 01:17 AM
Spurs needs to miss the playoffs and get a lottery pick to help them build for the future since that roster is obviously not going do anything. I hope Memphis if not Houston makes it to claim the 8th seed. Id love to see Houston face the Kome led Lakers again.

ginobili's bald spot
03-18-2010, 01:17 AM

@Atl
@Okl
vs LAL
vs Cle
@ Bos
vs Orl
@ LAL
@ Pho
@ Den
@ Dal

Dayum. :lol That's brutal.

Xylus
03-18-2010, 01:18 AM
I want the Suns to drop to #8.

Payback is in order!

Though taking 500 bucks off of tlong would be nice!

See you in the 2nd round, bitch! :ihit

And yes, I'm assuming the Suns get the 5 seed.

cobbler
03-18-2010, 01:21 AM
See you in the 2nd round, bitch! :ihit

You got it!!!! Would be fun!! No doubt a offseason sig home could be at stake no? :toast

Xylus
03-18-2010, 01:23 AM
You got it!!!! Would be fun!! No doubt a offseason sig home could be at stake no? :toast

I don't know if I'm that brave, but we'll see.

cobbler
03-18-2010, 01:26 AM
I don't know if I'm that brave, but we'll see.

Im just messing with you Xylus.. I think you have a lifetime scar from the Machine debacle. :toast

Indazone
03-18-2010, 01:43 AM
Houston is putting together a good run now that Martin and Brooks have learned to play together and the rest of the team is gelling.

Xylus
03-18-2010, 01:49 AM
Houston is putting together a good run now that Martin and Brooks have learned to play together and the rest of the team is gelling.

4.5 games is quite a gap to bridge in so short a time.

noob cake
03-18-2010, 01:55 AM
4.5 games is quite a gap to bridge in so short a time.

You sure? Look below

@Atl
@Okl
vs LAL
vs Cle
@ Bos
vs Orl
@ LAL
@ Pho
@ Den
@ Dal

That is one of the most ridiculous schedule ever. 16 games left.

One game against the Nets, one against Kings, one against Pups, one Warriors, and one against Houston. 11 brutal playoff team (no soft playoff shit from east).

Houston can easily take the 8th seed away from Spurs if Spurs goes on a losing streak.

sook
03-18-2010, 01:56 AM
You sure? Look below

That is one of the most ridiculous schedule ever. 16 games left.

One game against the Nets, one against Kings, one against Pups, one Warriors, and one against Houston. 11 brutal playoff team (no soft playoff shit from east).

Houston can easily take the 8th seed away from Spurs if Spurs goes on a losing streak.
dude that is freaking awesome. Still hope i guess

noob cake
03-18-2010, 01:58 AM
dude that is freaking awesome. Still hope i guess

God damn, that schedule is almost as rigged as Lakers' season opening schedule (in the opposite way of course)

baseline bum
03-18-2010, 04:21 AM
Spurs needs to miss the playoffs and get a lottery pick to help them build for the future since that roster is obviously not going do anything. I hope Memphis if not Houston makes it to claim the 8th seed. Id love to see Houston face the Kome led Lakers again.

Houston would have to make up 5 games and Memphis 5.5. I don't see either happening.

WESTACKED
03-18-2010, 08:08 AM
I wish the Suns get the 8th seed because they're the team and probably the only western team that gives some serious challenges confronting lakers, and I wouldn't be surprised if Suns eliminated lakers in 1st round.

pauls931
03-18-2010, 08:11 AM

@Atl
@Okl
vs LAL
vs Cle
@ Bos
vs Orl
@ LAL
@ Pho
@ Den
@ Dal

:wow That's brutal.

pauls931
03-18-2010, 08:12 AM
I wish the Suns get the 8th seed because they're the team and probably the only western team that gives some serious challenges confronting lakers, and I wouldn't be surprised if Suns eliminated lakers in 1st round.

That worked in the Kwame Brown days...

BRHornet45
03-18-2010, 08:18 AM
Hornets will get it ....

LMAO sons what a joke! I needed a good laugh this morning! those heartless cowards can't even keep a .500 record without CP3. what a bunch of va-jay-jay's... blow this trash can ass team up.

WESTACKED
03-18-2010, 08:29 AM
anyway there will be two pathetic teams taking the 7th and 8th seeds only to get first-round evanescent appearances. If i were coaching a team that has no chance for the 6th seed or above I would rather tank the remainder of season and get a lottery pick.

Killakobe81
03-18-2010, 10:47 AM

LOL yeah right. i wish Alicia keys was in my lap, a maserati was in my driveway, and a million plus wa sin my bank account ...

all of those 3 things happening this year are ALMOST asplausible as suns beating Lakers in Round one ...San antonio or Portland have better shots ...

Killakobe81
03-18-2010, 10:48 AM
LOL yeah right. i wish Alicia keys was in my lap, a maserati was in my driveway, and a million plus wa sin my bank account ...

all of those 3 things happening this year are ALMOST asplausible as suns beating Lakers in Round one ...San antonio or Portland have better shots ...

NOT that the suns suck or anything but we took them to 7 with a crappy team ... how would we lose with Pau and Bynum?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-18-2010, 11:07 AM
Well both teams are better than the 2006 teams, they took a Phoenix team to 7 games that was starting Tim Thomas at PF and Boris Diaw at center. The defense played in that series was awful :lol

And given how the Suns are the one team in the NBA with a coach who still thinks the best thing to do is force the ball out of Kobe's hands which more or less forces the Lakers to have great ball movement and keeps everyone involved on offense, LA wins in 5. Their last game was as winnable as it gets for the Suns, but when push came to shove, Gentry and Nash couldn't resist the temptation of trying to win with D'antoni ball.

lil_penny
03-18-2010, 11:29 AM
I would like to keep 8th and go against the mavs.. basically a second round ticket for the blazers.. historically speaking.

TheGreatest23
03-18-2010, 11:33 AM
Lakers will play down to the level of the spurs and the spurs will win 1 game. Then I'll sweep the Lakers in the Finals to avenge my fellow Spurs bandwagoners.

Bow down to the king, bitches.

icem
03-18-2010, 03:48 PM

@Atl
@Okl
vs LAL
vs Cle
@ Bos
vs Orl
@ LAL
@ Pho
@ Den
@ Dal

holy shit that is fucking BRUTAL

Findog
03-18-2010, 04:12 PM
and date with lakeshow in 1st round. Spurs or Blazers. I'd usually say Spurs. But spurs have such a brutal schedule for the rest of the season. Watcha Think?

Spurs are currently the 7 seed. Boom roasted!

crc21209
03-18-2010, 04:24 PM
Even though the Spurs do have a brutal schedule...I don't think they fall to 8th...Portland still is too inconsistent from night to night..

djohn2oo8
03-18-2010, 04:27 PM
Even though the Spurs do have a brutal schedule...I don't think they fall to 8th...Portland still is too inconsistent from night to night..

Portland actually beats good teams

Xylus
03-18-2010, 05:35 PM
NOT that the suns suck or anything but we took them to 7 with a crappy team ... how would we lose with Pau and Bynum?
The only reason that series went 7 is that the Suns were playing Boris Fucking Diaw as their Center, Marion as PF, and Tim Thomas as SF. The Suns put one of the smallest lineups in the history of the NBA playoffs on the court. This current Suns team is way more complete.

21_Blessings
03-18-2010, 05:51 PM
Portland actually beats good teams

Not in the playoffs this decade though

21_Blessings
03-18-2010, 05:53 PM
Well both teams are better than the 2006 teams, they took a Phoenix team to 7 games that was starting Tim Thomas at PF and Boris Diaw at center. The defense played in that series was awful :lol

And given how the Suns are the one team in the NBA with a coach who still thinks the best thing to do is force the ball out of Kobe's hands which more or less forces the Lakers to have great ball movement and keeps everyone involved on offense, LA wins in 5. Their last game was as winnable as it gets for the Suns, but when push came to shove, Gentry and Nash couldn't resist the temptation of trying to win with D'antoni ball.

You mean starting "contract year" Tim Thomas. Diaw actually gave a shit back then.

Funny how you're complaining about those two when the Lakers were starting Smush Parker, Luke Walton and Kwame fucking Brown with Brian Cook, Sasha and D. George off the bench. :lol Lakers win that series if Odom grabs one stupid rebound.

Xylus
03-18-2010, 05:58 PM
You mean starting "contract year" Tim Thomas. Diaw actually gave a shit back then.

Funny how you're complaining about those two when the Lakers were starting Smush Parker, Luke Walton and Kwame fucking Brown with Brian Cook, Sasha and D. George off the bench. :lol Lakers win that series if Odom grabs one stupid rebound.

Suns win that series sooner if Bennett Salvatore correctly calls Luke Walton out-of-bounds, instead of a jump ball. Don't play this fucking game.

Findog
03-18-2010, 05:59 PM
I would like to keep 8th and go against the mavs.. basically a second round ticket for the blazers.. historically speaking.

Que?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200305040DAL.html

DAF86
03-18-2010, 06:12 PM
Que?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200305040DAL.html

http://www.nba.com/playoffs2007/series/series_w1s1.html

DubMcDub
03-18-2010, 06:46 PM
Spurs will get 7th, Blazers 8th. Spurs can win enough games in that tough schedule to maintain their lead.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-18-2010, 06:58 PM

Funny how you think I'm complaining when all I'm saying is that Suns team wasn't that good......which is proven by the fact they almost lost to such a crappy team.

21_Blessings
03-18-2010, 08:48 PM
Funny how you think I'm complaining when all I'm saying is that Suns team wasn't that good......which is proven by the fact they almost lost to such a crappy team.

They were the 2 seed so it's not like they were horrible. Marion was still beasting back then too.

But I agree that 05-07 was an atrocious era. Spurs only won a couple because the Lakers were rebuilding :)

RamReddy
03-19-2010, 12:20 AM
I seriously don't think that the lakers or nuggets would like to see the spurs in the first round...

...and we will get to 50 wins....

...10 games to go and counting.....

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::f lag::flag:

Findog
03-19-2010, 12:24 AM
http://www.nba.com/playoffs2007/series/series_w1s1.html

Que?

The Mavs have beaten the Blazers in the playoffs with Dirk Nowitzki. And they've advanced to the second round 7 out of 10 times in the Dirk era. So yeah, based on history, the Blazers will be without HCA and have those 30% odds going for them.

Good take :toast

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-19-2010, 12:36 AM
They were the 2 seed so it's not like they were horrible. Marion was still beasting back then too.

But I agree that 05-07 was an atrocious era. Spurs only won a couple because the Lakers were rebuilding :)

They were 37-17 when Kurt Thomas (the one big man on that team) went down with what ended up being a season ending injury. After that they went 17-11 and were bailed out by Tim Thomas falling into their lap. If LA plays the 37-17 Suns with Kurt Thomas it's not a 7 game series. Suns fans refuse to acknowledge all the little things Kurt Thomas did for this team. Since he couldn't bomb 3's and couldn't be measured statistically, people thought he contributed nothing which was pretty fuckin dumb.

Not really sure what exactly we're even arguing about.....

21_Blessings
03-19-2010, 12:38 AM
Not really sure what exactly we're even arguing about.....

I'm agreeing with you brah

FkLA
03-19-2010, 12:57 AM
Tough schedule or not Spurs arent dropping to no 8th seed. I'll bet my sig for the entire playoffs on that.