03-18-2010, 02:20 AM
i only see 2 b2bs, and for one the second game is new jersey

thats about as half full as i can make that glass of shit look

DesignatedT
03-18-2010, 02:22 AM
we know this.

pawe
03-18-2010, 02:43 AM
May the power of spam be with their souls.

TDMVPDPOY
03-18-2010, 02:44 AM
those games are winnable at leasts 70% of the games

kaji157
03-18-2010, 03:50 AM

There are 4
Atlanta/OKC March 21-22
Boston/New Jersey March 28-29
Sacramento/PHX April 6-7
Memphis/Denver April 9-10

I say we should rest Duncan against NJ, Sacramento, and depending on our record, against Memphis. You can rest him on the first night of a back to back as much as the second. I would even rest him next game against GS if neccesary. But the team has to keep it up, i know they will.

Bruno
03-18-2010, 05:13 AM
Spurs have a damn hard schedule but Rockets will have a hard time catching them up to get the 8th seed.

Spurs are 40-26 and Rockets are 35-31. Even when you consider Spurs' "nightmare" schedule and Rockets having the tie-breaker if they beat Spurs on March 31st, Spurs have still a quite comfortable margin.

easy7
03-18-2010, 06:59 AM
The schedule started last night. :toast

Russ
03-18-2010, 08:38 AM
12-4 anyone?:flag:

Allanon
03-18-2010, 08:39 AM
Wow, during this stretch of 16 games, the Spurs play the top 9 teams in the NBA (except for Utah).

Chomag
03-18-2010, 09:47 AM
There are 4
Atlanta/OKC March 21-22
Boston/New Jersey March 28-29
Sacramento/PHX April 6-7
Memphis/Denver April 9-10

I say we should rest Duncan against NJ, Sacramento, and depending on our record, against Memphis. You can rest him on the first night of a back to back as much as the second. I would even rest him next game against GS if neccesary. But the team has to keep it up, i know they will.

I don't see Tim getting much rest if any. The Spurs early season goofing off has dug them a very large hole. This was what I was afraid of even though people were cramming "It's only (insert month)" down our throats. Now Spurs are having to go all out at the end of the season just to get in the playoffs.

elbamba
03-18-2010, 09:52 AM
Spurs should win at least 8 but probably 10 of those games.

Spurs should rest Duncan vs. Atlanta and Denver and then limit his minutes against the Kings

vander
03-18-2010, 10:13 AM
It's going to be fun, hopefully these guys finally man up.

Mixability
03-18-2010, 10:15 AM
Time for them to nut up, if not, we don't deserve the playoffs.

Phenomanul
03-18-2010, 12:00 PM
Damn the league schedulers... earlier in the season we had two periods of 4 days off... that's ridiculous...

The Spurs need to show some heart and resiliency. Pop better learn to trust the younger players to take the load off of our aging ones...

Hill also needs to remain aggressive... B2Bs shouldn't affect him nearly as much as it did last night when he laid an egg (it happens, I guess).

TIMMYD!
03-18-2010, 12:07 PM
This schedule is a killer. Fuck!

Budkin
03-18-2010, 12:27 PM
Going through that gauntlet is exactly what this team needs heading into the playoffs. If they can't hack it, they truly don't belong there.

benefactor
03-18-2010, 12:28 PM
Starting with the ATL/OKC back to back, that is 15 games in 24 days. It's hard to understand why the league did this.

TIMMYD!
03-18-2010, 12:36 PM
Starting with the ATL/OKC back to back, that is 15 games in 24 days. It's hard to understand why the league did this.

Or maybe it's easy to understand?

Phenomanul
03-18-2010, 12:41 PM

Not really... the league office developed it when most analysts believed that the Spurs' roster upgrades were enough to put them in contention again.

This monstruosity of a schedule was their way of being as obstructionist as possible towards allowing that result from playing out... it's no secret that the league has publically deemed Spurs' triumphs as marketing nightmares, and ratings killers... What they don't realize is that this perception is their own doing for rarely supporting what the Spurs are about.

Who says that electrifying players like Gino and Parker aren't marketable? Didn't Blair tantalize the audience during All-Star weekend? Even Hill has a market out there.... (in San Fernando Valley) :p: And even though Duncan has been 'stoically' driven most of his career, his competitiveness and play should be admired not admonished... the league hasn't done nearly enough for Duncan as what it does for players like Kobe, LeBron, Wade and even Garnett...

rAm
03-18-2010, 01:00 PM
such bs

Stern gives us a sporadic easy schedule to start the year so our younger players can't really gel with the team, and then he throws us into the gauntlet so we are exhausted and injured right before the playoffs.

Ghazi
03-18-2010, 01:05 PM
such bs

Stern gives us a sporadic easy schedule to start the year so our younger players can't really gel with the team, and then he throws us into the gauntlet so we are exhausted and injured right before the playoffs.

:lol

Chomag
03-18-2010, 01:16 PM
such bs

That was actualy Pop that refused to develope the younger players early on.

spurtech09
03-18-2010, 01:23 PM
major test for the spurs.....if orlando was the first game of the schedule of death....well orlando pretty much destroyed us.....doesn't look good either

kaji157
03-18-2010, 01:32 PM
Spurs usually finish stronger than they start, so the league saved the stronger schedule they could to the end... no surprise there.

Sisk
03-18-2010, 01:38 PM
well the Spurs can either make a statement or bend over.. those are the two options

DubMcDub
03-18-2010, 02:39 PM
those games are winnable at leasts 70% of the games

100% of the games are "winnable." The question is how many the Spurs will actually win.

jjktkk
03-18-2010, 03:04 PM
100% of the games are "winnable." The question is how many the Spurs will actually win.

Or if I was Spurs fan trolling on a Mavs forum, I would ask , "is this the year Dirk finally leads his team to the title, with the most talented Mavs roster since the 06 Finals meltdown, or will Dirk revert back to the fetal position when the stakes are high again and just say better luck next year"?

Budkin
03-18-2010, 03:59 PM
It's our own fault for not taking advantage of the early schedule... no one else to blame.

jjktkk
03-18-2010, 04:29 PM
It's our own fault for not taking advantage of the early schedule... no one else to blame.

I agree. The margin for error in the Western Conference is slim and none. But if the Spurs survive this brutal stretch of the schedule and finish the regular season strong, it should bode well for them in the playoffs, "if", in fact they get in the playoffs.

Man In Black
03-18-2010, 04:39 PM
What they don't realize is that this perception is their own doing for rarely supporting what the Spurs are about.
True...When Manu dunked on all of MIA on their own NBATV game,on thier Top 10 plays, they didn't show the dunk. Weak ass plays all that THEY CHOSE. They also pissed me off, by doing a cutaway to the CLE-DET, when there was 2:49 to go in the SA-MIA game. They said it'd only be an update, but then it turned into 5 minutes of wasting my game so they can "Bron" it.
They finally came back to the SA game, with 49 seconds to go. NBA, it ain't about how well a team can do...it's about giving the mouthy stars everything.

Man In Black
03-18-2010, 04:39 PM
What they don't realize is that this perception is their own doing for rarely supporting what the Spurs are about.
True...When Manu dunked on all of MIA on their own NBATV game,on thier Top 10 plays, they didn't show the dunk. Weak ass plays all that THEY CHOSE. They also pissed me off, by doing a cutaway to the CLE-DET, when there was 2:49 to go in the SA-MIA game. They said it'd only be an update, but then it turned into 5 minutes of wasting my game so they can "Bron" it.
They finally came back to the SA game, with 49 seconds to go. NBA, it ain't about how well a team can do...it's about giving the mouthy stars everything.

PDXSpursFan
03-18-2010, 05:27 PM
The schedule started last night. :toast

+1

Thread title should be: "Spurs playing the 'Schedule of Death'

Xylus
03-18-2010, 05:47 PM
Not really... the league office developed it when most analysts believed that the Spurs' roster upgrades were enough to put them in contention again.

This monstruosity of a schedule was their way of being as obstructionist as possible towards allowing that result from playing out... it's no secret that the league has publically deemed Spurs' triumphs as marketing nightmares, and ratings killers... What they don't realize is that this perception is their own doing for rarely supporting what the Spurs are about.

Who says that electrifying players like Gino and Parker aren't marketable? Didn't Blair tantalize the audience during All-Star weekend? Even Hill has a market out there.... (in San Fernando Valley) :p: And even though Duncan has been 'stoically' driven most of his career, his competitiveness and play should be admired not admonished... the league hasn't done nearly enough for Duncan as what it does for players like Kobe, LeBron, Wade and even Garnett...

:lmao

wildbill2u
03-18-2010, 10:40 PM

Anyone who thinks Houston and Memphis are easy wins better think again. I watched Houston give Denver all they could handle the other night and win in crunch time.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-19-2010, 12:23 AM
we know this.

:lmao
the meme spreads to even the greys...

murpjf88
03-19-2010, 01:38 AM
I see six winnable games. Everything else is a crapshoot,

timtonymanu
03-19-2010, 01:55 AM
What worries me is players like Bogans Mason Bonner stepping up. We really need those guys on this trip. Unfortunately they're too pussy to do it so Duncan needs to get out of his slump right now. Manu and RJ need to keep it up. Hill needs to show up for big games instead of small ones. Dice needs to play like he wants to win.

TJastal
03-19-2010, 08:02 AM
They should have taken care of business early on instead of, "it's only Dec."

Well you gotta figure its Gregg Popovich, who normally takes 3/4 of the year to figure out the best rotation to use.