PDA

View Full Version : Blockbuster Could Be Headed For Bankruptcy

Strike
03-18-2010, 09:55 AM
Link Here. (http://www.comcast.net/articles/finance/20100317/US.Blockbuster.Stock/)

NEW YORK — Shares of Blockbuster Inc. sank 30 percent Wednesday after the video rental chain warned that it may have to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.

Competition from DVD-by-mail company Netflix Inc. and DVD vending machines operated by Coinstar Inc. have eroded the Dallas company's revenue even as it staggers under a heavy debt load.

Blockbuster Inc. said in a regulatory filing late Tuesday that it was suffering "significant liquidity constraints," and could have to file for bankruptcy protection if it was unable to convince creditors to restructure a big chunk of its debt or its business continued to deteriorate.

The company has had to close about 1,300 stores and wants to shut down hundreds more. It had about 5,200 stores worldwide in January, excluding franchised shops. About 3,500 of those were in the U.S.

"The increasingly competitive industry conditions under which we operate has negatively impacted our results of operations and cash flows and may continue to in the future. These factors raise substantial doubt about our ability to continue as a going concern," Blockbuster said in a regulatory filing late Tuesday.

The company is trying to update its business, setting up video rental kiosks like those run by Coinstar and offering a DVD-mailing service. It added 2,000 kiosks in 2009 and expects to have more than 10,000 by the middle of this year — but NCR Corp., which operates the kiosks, is "under no obligation" to install or run them, Blockbuster said.

Blockbuster is also pursuing several measures to help shore up cash. It wants to sell some of its international business and it is pursuing a debt-for-equity swap to help alleviate its debt burden. It wants to swap all or part of its senior subordinated notes for common stock.

It said it owed $975 million under senior secured notes and senior subordinated notes as of Jan. 3.

Even if the swap goes through, it could significantly dilute current shareholders.

Meanwhile, the company predicts further declines in its sales. The chain said it expects a key sales measure to drop in the mid-single digits to high single digits in 2010 — and a "further deterioration" could leave it unable to service its debt, leading to default.

The Dallas company's key sales measure sank 16 percent in the fourth quarter — a dismal holiday season performance despite higher advertising. It lost $435 million compared to a loss of $360 million in the last three months of 2008.

Shares fell 12 cents, or 30 percent, to 28 cents in afternoon trading Wednesday. Earlier shares fell to 25 cents, their lowest point in more than a year. They have traded as high as $1.56 in the past 12 months.

Copyright 2010 The Associated Press

Honestly, this makes me happy. Blockbuster is a freakin' rip-off.

oh crap
03-18-2010, 09:56 AM
the foreseen death of the video store industry is happening sooner than I had anticipated. hollywood video is closing all of their stores as well.

Dex
03-18-2010, 09:58 AM
Doesn't surprise me at all. Thanks to things like Netflix, RedBox, iTunes, and (moreso) online piracy, the days of people renting videos are quickly coming to an end.

I used to go to Blockbuster all the time. Now it's been about 4 years since I last rented a video from them.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-18-2010, 10:01 AM
They had their fun. Free market at work. Something better, cheaper, more innovative comes along then it's time to retool or just wither away. Such a silly silly concept, but hey. It works. But seriously.........I saw them going out of business about 2 years ago. I wonder if these guys are too big to fail.

Mixability
03-18-2010, 10:09 AM
Even with Netflix on Xbox Live and PSN, I still like using their Reward? program. $30/mo for unlimited movies and games..... limited blurays, but I usually only rent the new releases they have anyway. I'm too impatient to use mail order Netflix or Gamefly and I'd go bankrupt myself if I paid per movie via On Demand.

Jimcs50
03-18-2010, 10:17 AM
I like the spontaneity aspect of Blockbuster. When we get the urge of wanting to rent a movie and stay in, we can just drive up the road and get a video. I have never done NetFlix, because I dont plan ahead to watch movies.

I think it is sad that so many retail stores are falling by the wayside because of online shopping replacing on site shopping.

I know the jobs are not high paying jobs, but they are still there for local people to work, and online companies do not benefit the local economy one iota.

smeagol
03-18-2010, 10:34 AM
Cronica de una Muerte Anunciada, for those of you out there who are bilingual . . .

Viva Las Espuelas
03-18-2010, 10:37 AM
I like the spontaneity aspect of Blockbuster. When we get the urge of wanting to rent a movie and stay in, we can just drive up the road and get a video. I have never done NetFlix, because I dont plan ahead to watch movies.

I think it is sad that so many retail stores are falling by the wayside because of online shopping replacing on site shopping.

I know the jobs are not high paying jobs, but they are still there for local people to work, and online companies do not benefit the local economy one iota.

I hear what you're saying but

Something better, cheaper, more innovative comes along then it's time to retool or just wither away.

RandomGuy
03-18-2010, 10:49 AM
This makes me happy.

A few years ago, I was running errands and went to return the Blockbuster video tape I had rented. It slid under the seat of my car, and was forgotten about in the rush to get everything else done.

Some time later, I get a notice from a COLLECTION AGENCY regarding this tape. It was the first notice at all I had gotten from the store regarding the tape. No polite call, no little postcard, nothing right up until the collection agency notice.

Fuck Blockbuster.

Jimcs50
03-18-2010, 11:40 AM
I hear what you're saying but

yeah, you save a dollar, but in the long run, when jobs keep disappearing because the local economy keeps dipping and dipping because every retail outlet is closed, we will be in for a rude awakening. It is sad, IMO. People that live in other countries and states are getting your retail dollars more and more and we never see a dime of it coming back

greyforest
03-18-2010, 12:12 PM
i wonder when newspapers and libraries will follow suit

angel_luv
03-18-2010, 12:16 PM
Time to go dvd shopping at the rental places since they will be trying to clear out inventory and so will discount a lot of it.

Dex
03-18-2010, 12:25 PM
This makes me happy.

A few years ago, I was running errands and went to return the Blockbuster video tape I had rented. It slid under the seat of my car, and was forgotten about in the rush to get everything else done.

Some time later, I get a notice from a COLLECTION AGENCY regarding this tape. It was the first notice at all I had gotten from the store regarding the tape. No polite call, no little postcard, nothing right up until the collection agency notice.

Fuck Blockbuster.

Listen, All Dogs Go To Heaven is a popular movie, mmkay?

bus driver
03-18-2010, 12:29 PM
Time to go dvd shopping at the rental places since they will be trying to clear out inventory and so will discount a lot of it.

very true!

i smell a bail out coming from the man :lol

Spurminator
03-18-2010, 12:32 PM
A new video store called Family Video opened up by our neighborhood and it's awesome. Has a by-the-day rental structure, lots of $1 rentals (some rent-2 for $1 shelves), FREE kids' movie rentals (no strings attached) and really good used DVDs for sale.

I hope they make it, but I don't know how they're making money. Still, I've been going there once a week, because I still like picking out a movie for the night by looking through shelves and shelves of DVDs.

Blockbuster's business model was becoming obsolete, but they sped up their demise with their prices.

robino2001
03-18-2010, 12:38 PM

The blockbuster by my work closed a few months ago. We went 4 or 5 times just to watch the prices and there was nothing worth it at all. The "clearance" prices were 10% off retail (which is jacked up to begin with)... it was a typical liquidation deal where very little was priced well at all. Even the days right before closing, horribly crappy video games were priced at $35, $40, blu-rays were $20ish and dvd's were $10ish.

That said, if you can make it to a blockbuster or somewhere before they are officially "closing", then you can find the big discounts. Just make it before the liquidators take over.

angel_luv
03-18-2010, 12:48 PM
The blockbuster by my work closed a few months ago. We went 4 or 5 times just to watch the prices and there was nothing worth it at all. The "clearance" prices were 10% off retail (which is jacked up to begin with)... it was a typical liquidation deal where very little was priced well at all. Even the days right before closing, horribly crappy video games were priced at $35, $40, blu-rays were $20ish and dvd's were $10ish.

That said, if you can make it to a blockbuster or somewhere before they are officially "closing", then you can find the big discounts. Just make it before the liquidators take over.

Those were crummy "deals". I would not have bought anything either.

Wild Cobra
03-18-2010, 12:52 PM
I'm not sure, but I think Hollywood Video beat them to bankruptcy, so maybe they will be OK.

Spurminator
03-18-2010, 12:53 PM
When the Blockbuster by us was closing, they basically became a feeder store for all of the stores in the area to send their crappy DVDs they couldn't sell. Terrible selection, terrible "deals."

resistanze
03-18-2010, 12:57 PM
So much fail. Good riddance.

Taco
03-18-2010, 01:00 PM
http://pulse2.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/redbox.jpg

mrsmaalox
03-18-2010, 01:08 PM
Between Netflix and pay-per-view, it's been easily 5 yrs since I have physically left my house to rent a movie.

CuckingFunt
03-18-2010, 01:14 PM
I'll miss the Blockbuster online program if they go out of business. The ability to have movies mailed to me AND trade them in at the store is a perfect mix, as I too like picking a movie after searching the shelves. I'll move to Netflix if this happens, but I won't be particularly happy about it.

Strike
03-18-2010, 01:17 PM
I was ok with Blockbuster because their online set-up was pretty sweet. Get a DVD in the mail, take it back to your nearby store when you're done with it, get a free rental. But when their in-store selection weakened, horrible online availability, the long waits for mail deliveries, the price increase, plus the rule changes on in-store returns, they pissed me off enough to where I canceled the online service AND my in store account. Went with Netflix and I've never looked back. I almost never have availability issues, the mailing time is fast (usually 2 days), the price is better (about $15 bucks cheaper per month) and their instant list is good.

I have no need for a video store or RedBox. I never HAVE to see any movie/show immediately.

Spurminator
03-18-2010, 01:18 PM
http://pulse2.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/redbox.jpg

If you like shitty movies.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-18-2010, 01:24 PM
If you like shitty movies.

Yeah. They're going to have to step it up if they're going to stick around any longer. Then again they tend to lean towards disney type movies so they may go for that angle.

fatsack
03-18-2010, 01:26 PM
When i think about waiting in that long line while 1 kid was actually checking people out and 3 kids standing around, i say good riddance.

Wild Cobra
03-18-2010, 01:29 PM
I'll miss the Blockbuster online program if they go out of business. The ability to have movies mailed to me AND trade them in at the store is a perfect mix, as I too like picking a movie after searching the shelves. I'll move to Netflix if this happens, but I won't be particularly happy about it.
I don't do it, but I can get both them and Net Flix via internet through my Blu-Ray player. I simply hope they don't go out of business to maintain competition. Otherwise, I could care less.

austN Spur
03-18-2010, 01:54 PM
I say F blockbuster. they have been overcharging us for a long time.

oh crap
03-18-2010, 01:59 PM
there used to be this hottie that worked at the local blockbuster. she's what i'll miss most about it.

robino2001
03-18-2010, 02:28 PM
I did BB online for ~3 years but their jacking with their shipping times (and it being documented/admitted) a few months ago was the final straw for me. It was then faster to have to mail back to netflix than to return a BB.com rental at the store and put up with their shipping delays.

Blake
03-18-2010, 03:16 PM
This makes me happy.

Fuck Blockbuster.

We couldn't find a DVD we had rented anywhere in the house and kept getting calls about it for about 3 weeks. Finally found it and returned it. The policy had been that if you return it after X amount of days, you pay a $1.25 restocking fee.

Welp, we get a collection agency notice saying we owe about $10. I call them up and say wtf? They said they changed the policy to where the movie becomes your after X amount of days.

They used to do the collection agency notices way back when they charged outrageous late fees and them going back to the collection agency notices today makes me ready to cancel the online service I have with them.

+1 FBB

Blake
03-18-2010, 03:18 PM
Even if they file chapter 11, they will still be around.

Online they will be, just like CircuitCity.com

timvp
03-18-2010, 04:32 PM
Online they will be, just like CircuitCity.com

Different. Circuit City died and Systemax bought the brand and domain name in auction. CicuitCity.com != Circuit City

Blake
03-18-2010, 04:39 PM
Different. Circuit City died and Systemax bought the brand and domain name in auction. CicuitCity.com != Circuit City

if by different you mean they are still similar, then yeah, different.

scampers
03-18-2010, 05:15 PM
If Blockbuster is going to survive online, they're going to need to do a better job with their shipping times. It's piss poor unless you literally live across the street from a distribution center. I tried a Blockbuster free trial and I was getting movies about once every week. I get them every 2-3 days with Netflix. And it's not like I live in the middle of nowhere.. I'm about 15 miles north of Boston. I've heard similar complaints from friends of mine who have tried Blockbuster as well.

I suppose the one good thing about Blockbuster's online service is that they have a pretty decent selection of streaming movies and TV shows. Netflix is catching up pretty quick, though.

IronMaxipad
03-18-2010, 05:19 PM
Who cares about Blockbuster.. Netflix is where it's at.
DVD's + Streaming = perfect.

exstatic
03-18-2010, 06:58 PM

Newspapers already are. I'm not sure why libraries would go under. There have been bookstores for decades, and Amazon is nothing new, either. Libraries have one great thing going for them: if you return on time, they're free.

Cry Havoc
03-18-2010, 07:16 PM
A new video store called Family Video opened up by our neighborhood and it's awesome. Has a by-the-day rental structure, lots of $1 rentals (some rent-2 for $1 shelves), FREE kids' movie rentals (no strings attached) and really good used DVDs for sale.

I hope they make it, but I don't know how they're making money. Still, I've been going there once a week, because I still like picking out a movie for the night by looking through shelves and shelves of DVDs.

Blockbuster's business model was becoming obsolete, but they sped up their demise with their prices.

Family Video has been around for a long time, but they only recently started expanding. The first store was opened about 30 miles from where I live, and everyone loves them around here. I've never had substandard service from Family Video, and they're good about letting you know your movies are overdue.

Overall, it's an awesome store.

Sisk
03-18-2010, 07:19 PM
No surprise here. iTunes, Netflix, Red Box, torrents, etc. as everyone else has said.

TheManFromAcme
03-19-2010, 08:55 AM

Hopefully never. That would be a travesty. Nothing beats holding a hardback in your hands and doing some "real" research via books. Don't get me wrong, the inernet with all it's resources is great and all but reading hawthorne or dickens off the internet still doesn't beat picking up those books and laying yourself on a couch or seat at the library.

Some things are better left alone.

Just my personal opinion.

Thunder Dan
03-19-2010, 08:56 AM
I threw away my blockbuster card last year when I got Netflix

Frenzy
03-19-2010, 09:08 AM

the shelves thing is what I would look forward to taking my son go get a movie. Hollywood closing. Now I get to take him to a dvd box to get him to pick a button :rolleyes

Blake
03-19-2010, 12:28 PM

Newspapers will follow suit at one point or another when old nostalgic people that like a Sunday paper with their coffee die off...

but libraries are funded by our tax dollars, among other things......they won't go anywhere any time soon.

exstatic
03-19-2010, 06:52 PM
People don't understand what corporate bankruptcy means. A bunch of little people get fired, and the pension fund gets looted. BB carries on in a smaller incarnation. How is that "good"?

jack sommerset
03-19-2010, 08:16 PM
They deserve to go bankrupt. They have ripped people off for YEARS!

Wild Cobra
03-19-2010, 08:52 PM
They deserve to go bankrupt. They have ripped people off for YEARS!
You mean they're not going to get any of those Obama Bailout Bux? I though bailed out every one who didn't deserve it.

Look at all the extra unemployed people now.

BlackSwordsMan
03-19-2010, 10:52 PM
good

IronMaxipad
03-19-2010, 11:03 PM
great

sabar
03-20-2010, 01:33 AM
Good. They failed to adapt and they'll die the death they deserve.

If they are smart they will cut their stores loose and implement subscription-based online streaming into blockbuster online. But they won't. They completely failed to adapt to new technology in every way possible. This is what they get for jacking up prices on VHS rentals and charging atrocious late fees, abusing their local monopoly on video rental.

Netflix completely took them over, and the entire time Blockbuster just sat and stared while still overcharging for their products. They needed to convert their stores into local shipping outlets a long time ago and maintain an online model. It's still a brilliant idea too (think: locally shipped games/movies and ability to return locally, very fast delivery, slash costs on shelving/commodities/staff. local store turns into a warehouse.)

Too late now. They have a massive amount of debt and no one is going to invest to fix their problem (well maybe the US government).

oklahomasuckstexas
03-20-2010, 03:59 AM
@beauton_deax frm TWEETDECK @ purstalk @ SPURSTAWK

;; adaptation must adapt, reserves will be met,.

lebomb
03-20-2010, 10:06 AM
:toast Actually I just rent movies thru AT&T video on demand.............its easy, quick and you dont have to return anything. Yeah, it costs a bit more, but you can get the movie in HD and you dont have to drive anywhere to return it.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-25-2010, 12:48 AM
NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Blockbuster is in a heap of troublewith nearly $1 billion in debt, and its latest fixes might not be enough to keep the company from filing for bankruptcy.
The movie rental company launched its newest enterprise on Wednesday, beating rival Netflix to the punch in mobile movies. Blockbuster is now offering on demand video via T-Mobile's new HTC HD2 smart phone. The new service is also expected to be available on Android and Windows Mobile phones soon.

That news follows the company's announcement on Tuesday that it signed a new agreement with movie studio Warner Bros., which is owned by CNNMoney.com's parent company Time Warner (TWX (http://money.cnn.com/quote/quote.html?symb=TWX&source=story_quote_link), Fortune 500 (http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortune500/2009/snapshots/10472.html?source=story_f500_link)). The deal will continue to allow Blockbuster to offer the studio's new releases about a month before its chief competitors, Netflix (NFLX (http://money.cnn.com/quote/quote.html?symb=NFLX&source=story_quote_link)) and Coinstar's (CSTR (http://money.cnn.com/quote/quote.html?symb=CSTR&source=story_quote_link)) Redbox.
Blockbuster's latest moves are steps in the right direction. But to overcome nearly $1 billion in debt, unprofitable stores and continued losses, what the company really needs is a major turnaround. Blockbuster said last week it may have to file for bankruptcy protection if it cannot lower its debt by other means.
"Blockbuster is trying to keep itself from bleeding to death, but they're putting on a lot of Band-Aids," said Michael Pachter, Blockbuster analyst at Wedbush Morgan Securities.
Blockbuster (BBI (http://money.cnn.com/quote/quote.html?symb=BBI&source=story_quote_link), Fortune 500 (http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortune500/2009/snapshots/10036.html?source=story_f500_link)) did not return multiple requests for comment.
Struggling for survival
Blockbuster has been saddled with massive debt since media conglomerate Viacom (VIA (http://money.cnn.com/quote/quote.html?symb=VIA&source=story_quote_link)) spun the company off in 2004. As part of the deal, Blockbuster had to pay Viacom shareholders a $5 per-share dividend, and the movie rental company accumulated about $1 billion of debt in the process.
At the time, the company was making profits of about $500 million a year, so Blockbuster assumed that it would be able to pay down that debt quickly. But questionable business decisions -- like canceling all late fees -- ate into the company's profits.
So did Netflix.

0:00 /0:56Know what you're not doing
As Netflix's movies by mail and streaming video services began to catch on in the last decade, Blockbuster was unable to catch up. By the time Blockbuster's competing service, Blockbuster Mail, launched in 2004, Netflix had already been around for six years and had became synonymous with movies by mail.
"Asking if Blockbuster can compete with Netflix online is like asking if Best Buy can compete with Amazon online," said Pachter. "The answer is no. It doesn't matter how well capitalized you are, if the branding isn't there, you're not going to be able to compete."
Blockbuster is also taking aim at Redbox, launching a new partnership with NCR to place 10,000 DVD kiosks around the country by the end of the year. But competing will be difficult: Redbox already has 20,000 kiosks in place, and the company's revenues rose a whopping 99% in 2009.
Solutions
Despite its failure to catch up to the competition so far, Blockbuster may not be a lost cause.
While rumors continue to circulate about a :danceclubNetflix iPhone application:huddle:(i bet it's only for 3gs models. maybe the new OS in the next gen version), Blockbuster got to market first today with mobile movies. The new service allows users to download movies to buy or rent, similar to Apple's (AAPL (http://money.cnn.com/quote/quote.html?symb=AAPL&source=story_quote_link), Fortune 500 (http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortune500/2009/snapshots/670.html?source=story_f500_link)) iTunes service. Eventually, customers will be able to watch a movie on their phone, and then pick up where they left off on their Blockbuster On Demand enabled TV or Blu-ray player.
Analysts applaud Blockbuster for trying the new venture, but they say its impact will be minimal. Pachter said he expects the company's mobile service will add no more than $5 million to Blockbuster's revenues. Last year, Blockbuster lost $355 million on revenues of $4.1 billion.
To solve its debt problems, Blockbuster has to get its core in-store retail business stabilized. One way the company is doing that is by continuing to shut down underperforming stores. By the end of the year, the company will operate about 3,000 stores in the United States, down from about 4,500 at the start of 2009.
But analysts say the deal with Warner Bros. is the most encouraging news the company has had in a while. In addition to giving Blockbuster a one-month head start over Netflix and Redbox on new releases, the terms of the deal will also ease the company's financial strain.
"There's still demand for physical video stores, but that will go away if Blockbuster were to fail," said Charles Wolf, Blockbuster analyst at Needham & Co. "The movie studios realize that, and they realize that there is an important role to be played by Blockbuster's stores."
Though the financial terms of the deal weren't released, Pachter said the revenue-sharing agreement will allow Blockbuster to pay less money up front for its inventory of movies, and in turn, it will give Warner Bros. a higher percentage of revenues from the rentals.
"That's the right idea," Pachter said. "Blockbuster will gladly sacrifice profitability if they can have more cash up front to pay down their debt."

Blake
03-25-2010, 01:04 AM
Blockbuster is also taking aim at Redbox, launching a new partnership with NCR to place 10,000 DVD kiosks around the country by the end of the year. But competing will be difficult: Redbox already has 20,000 kiosks in place, and the company's revenues rose a whopping 99% in 2009.

It's surprising how slowly they are trying to do this. It seems a new red box pops up somewhere new every day. Hell, the Walgreens down the street now has two of them.

The cool thing I just recently realized about red box is that no matter which redbox you initially use to rent the dvd, you can return it to any other redbox.

Fpoonsie
03-25-2010, 01:11 AM
Blockbuster: Warner Bros Pact Retains New-Release Advantage

Blockbuster Inc. (BBI) has reached an agreement allowing it to continue renting out new-movie releases from Time Warner Inc.'s (TWX) Warner Bros. as soon as they are available for sale on DVD or Blu-ray.

The pact means the movie-rental giant will retain a roughly four-week advantage over by-mail subscription service Netflix Inc. (NFLX) and Coinstar Inc.'s (CSTR) Redbox DVD kiosk operator for new Warner Bros. DVDs, such as the Oscar-winning film, "The Blind Side," due out Tuesday.

Blockbuster on Monday didn't release terms of the new pact but said the revenue-sharing arrangement will provide Blockbuster with more copies of new movies to rent through its roughly 6,500 stores and its by-mail service.

"With this agreement, we are able to nearly double the units per store for both 'The Blind Side' and 'Sherlock Holmes,'" which will be released March 30, the company said in an email statement Monday night. "While the terms are confidential ... the studio partner stands to gain from an increased number of transactions with this agreement."

link (http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20100323-705120.html)

The advertisements for the exclusive rental rights are very Miller/Budweiser-esque.

redzero
03-25-2010, 01:14 AM
And nothing of value was lost.

Fpoonsie
03-25-2010, 01:15 AM
What's even funnier about this is that employees hafta answer the phone with "Thank you for calling Blockbuster on ______ Rd, the only place you can rent The Blind Side. This is _____. How may I help you?"

However, the stock BB's shipped each weak keeps decreasing. For example, the BB in Hickory Creek received less than 100 copies of TBS, so one may be forced to add "the only place you can rent The Blind Side (as long as you hurry tha FUCK UP)..."

Kamala
03-25-2010, 02:16 AM
You can reserve dvds on redbox too. I'd use Netflix if I had more time to really watch movies.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-26-2010, 02:03 PM
http://www.redbox.com/iphone.mvc/MobileAd?om_rid=CFuZp8&cid=EM%3A_BLrKXQB8Gky12E

phxspurfan
03-26-2010, 02:58 PM
I happened across a Hollywood Video a few months back and practically bought their whole Classics section for under $50 I think. I then caught on that all these stores are in trouble, visited a Blockbuster for the same closing and saw the crap they were shlepping.

Just like an earlier poster said, they seem to get the crappiest of DVD from other stores during their Liquidation Sales and so you see entire racks of the same crappy movies in every section. It's actually hard not to laugh at, even though real jobs are being lost there.

Frenzy
03-26-2010, 03:55 PM
What's even funnier about this is that employees hafta answer the phone with "Thank you for calling Blockbuster on ______ Rd, the only place you can rent The Blind Side. This is _____. How may I help you?"

However, the stock BB's shipped each weak keeps decreasing. For example, the BB in Hickory Creek received less than 100 copies of TBS, so one may be forced to add "the only place you can rent The Blind Side (as long as you hurry tha FUCK UP)..."

I've heard longer phrases :lol

it would suck if it's the holidays and you have a long street name and even longer real name.

happy holidays thank you for calling Blockbuster on Rumpelstiltskin Rd, the only place you can rent The Blind Side. This is Chuey Montemayor De La Cruz Jr.. How may I help you?

Blake
03-26-2010, 04:07 PM
happy holidays thank you for calling Blockbuster on Rumpelstiltskin Rd, the only place you can rent The Blind Side. This is Chuey Montemayor De La Cruz Jr.. How may I help you?

I would hang up and call back just so I could hear that again