PDA

View Full Version : Congrats!!!

TroyF
05-03-2005, 02:08 AM
Congrats guys. You showed why you are the best team in basketball tonight. Clutch shooting, heart, you had it all.

I really thought the refs screwed us the last game. I'm not going to go back on that, and as I've said earlier, I don't really care what people think. I know what I saw.

Tonight? Different story. I didn't like the officiating a lot from either side. Despite the Earl three and the BS call on Dre in OT, I thought we got the better end of it tonight. Not by a ton, but I thought it leaned to our side.

Didn't matter. It's the reason I didn't want to have anything to do with you in the first round. You can play a high scoring game or a low scoring game. You have guys who can beat you in a variety of ways. It's why I think you are going to win the title.

I hope this clears up a couple of misconceptions. . .

1) That game 1 was the best the Nuggets can play. You saw pretty close to the best they can play tonight. We didn't hit the three ball, but we moved the ball on offense. Five guys with 2 or more assists. We rebounded well and we hit our open shots. That's what this Nugget team is about.

2) Melo is a sensational player. I read someone in another thread say "when did Carmelo become a superstar?" The answer is that all Melo needs to become a superstar is the respect of the refs. In 12 April games before this series, he averaged 24.5 points per game and shot over 50% from the field.

One of the only reasons I liked the idea of playing the Spurs was the Melo would get to face Bowen 5 or 6 straight times. You get better by facing the best. I think in the last two games you've seen Melo improve and learn what they are trying to do to him. Forget about what you thought were or weren't fouls tonight. (I don't think the refs screwed up tonight, he certainly didn't get anymore calls than Ginobili. In fact, looking at the stats, Melo played nine more minutes and took two less FT.

Look at the plays he made when it counted. The one handed catch of the Boykins pass before spinning and hitting the jumper. The drive in the lane with a couple of minutes left. The clutch FT's at the end of the game. Folks, this guy is going to be an all-star sooner than later. I'm glad you got a chance to see how good he can be. (even though I know a majority of you seem to love taking shots at him)

But enough about the Nuggets. You'll finish them off on Wednesday. Congrats on a great, great win. This is what playoff basketball is all about. It was a joy to be there. I sat next to a couple of Spurs fans and had a great time. I hope we meet up again next year, I just hope it's in the second or third round, not the first.

Beat the Suns and the Heat. Please, for the love of God, beat the Suns and the Heat. :)

Kori. . . thanks for letting me be a part of your board for a short time. I know we disagree on the game three officiating, but this seems like a great place outside of a few wackos. A message board usually takes on the persona of the people running it. That's a great credit to you.

SpursFanDan
05-03-2005, 02:09 AM
wow.. I applaud you my friend.. it takes guts to do that... kudos.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-03-2005, 02:10 AM
Wow. In all truthfulness you are a class act. Sorry about the wackos, and I hope that I'm not counted among them.

timvp
05-03-2005, 02:11 AM
Props.

Stick around. We could use your Nugget insight from time to time.

Oh and this series is not over.

Yet.

PM5K
05-03-2005, 02:11 AM
Class.....

gospursgojas
05-03-2005, 02:13 AM
You have almost enough class to become a Spurs fan... why not jump over the fence???

Experiment2100
05-03-2005, 02:20 AM
That first game was not the best the nuggets could play, just the best against us. Without Miller's miracle game who knows how the series would have turned out. It isn't over, but it's tough to come out of OT game on losing end. Mart had the "what do i gotta do look" on him

vincerodriguez23
05-03-2005, 02:21 AM
Congrats guys. You showed why you are the best team in basketball tonight. Clutch shooting, heart, you had it all.

I really thought the refs screwed us the last game. I'm not going to go back on that, and as I've said earlier, I don't really care what people think. I know what I saw.

Tonight? Different story. I didn't like the officiating a lot from either side. Despite the Earl three and the BS call on Dre in OT, I thought we got the better end of it tonight. Not by a ton, but I thought it leaned to our side.

Didn't matter. It's the reason I didn't want to have anything to do with you in the first round. You can play a high scoring game or a low scoring game. You have guys who can beat you in a variety of ways. It's why I think you are going to win the title.

I hope this clears up a couple of misconceptions. . .

1) That game 1 was the best the Nuggets can play. You saw pretty close to the best they can play tonight. We didn't hit the three ball, but we moved the ball on offense. Five guys with 2 or more assists. We rebounded well and we hit our open shots. That's what this Nugget team is about.

2) Melo is a sensational player. I read someone in another thread say "when did Carmelo become a superstar?" The answer is that all Melo needs to become a superstar is the respect of the refs. In 12 April games before this series, he averaged 24.5 points per game and shot over 50% from the field.

One of the only reasons I liked the idea of playing the Spurs was the Melo would get to face Bowen 5 or 6 straight times. You get better by facing the best. I think in the last two games you've seen Melo improve and learn what they are trying to do to him. Forget about what you thought were or weren't fouls tonight. (I don't think the refs screwed up tonight, he certainly didn't get anymore calls than Ginobili. In fact, looking at the stats, Melo played nine more minutes and took two less FT.

Look at the plays he made when it counted. The one handed catch of the Boykins pass before spinning and hitting the jumper. The drive in the lane with a couple of minutes left. The clutch FT's at the end of the game. Folks, this guy is going to be an all-star sooner than later. I'm glad you got a chance to see how good he can be. (even though I know a majority of you seem to love taking shots at him)

But enough about the Nuggets. You'll finish them off on Wednesday. Congrats on a great, great win. This is what playoff basketball is all about. It was a joy to be there. I sat next to a couple of Spurs fans and had a great time. I hope we meet up again next year, I just hope it's in the second or third round, not the first.

Beat the Suns and the Heat. Please, for the love of God, beat the Suns and the Heat. :)

Kori. . . thanks for letting me be a part of your board for a short time. I know we disagree on the game three officiating, but this seems like a great place outside of a few wackos. A message board usually takes on the persona of the people running it. That's a great credit to you.

true that

SpursFanDan
05-03-2005, 02:22 AM
Props.

Stick around. We could use your Nugget insight from time to time.

Oh and this series is not over.

Yet.

very very true... a team plays hard with their backs to the wall.. I'm pretty positive that they wont give up.

Solid D
05-03-2005, 02:26 AM
Nice comments, Troy. You are "good people" as we say in here.

TroyF
05-03-2005, 02:26 AM
You have almost enough class to become a Spurs fan... why not jump over the fence???

Already there. You'll never overtake the Nuggets. I've been to Nugget games in seasons where they've won a total of 17 games. I'm a die hard and won't ever let that go.

But I love the Spurs. I know that when I watch TD in person, it should be something to take in. He's one of the 20 best basketball players ever to walk the planet IMO, and I enjoy watching him play.

And I love the way you guys play defense. Even though I prefer 80's style and wished the Spurs played up tempo more (tonight proved they can do it with the best of em), it's amazing to watch five guys act as one with team defense.

Don't need to convert me to a fan of the team, I already am one. You'll just never be my #1. :)

MaNuMaNiAc
05-03-2005, 02:27 AM
Great comment my man, I respect that. You = class

Mark in Austin
05-03-2005, 02:35 AM
Props to you on a great post. I do differ on one thing you said though.

The answer is that all Melo needs to become a superstar is the respect of the refs. In 12 April games before this series, he averaged 24.5 points per game and shot over 50% from the field.

You don't "get" the respect of the refs, you earn it. That means Anthony needs to grow up some. Play some defense; stop whining on every call that goes against him; eliminate the cheap shots. It's true that he is a great talent. But the difference between talent and superstar is attitude and heart. I worry that George Karl, a man who has certainly never underestimated himself, might be the wrong coach to teach Carmelo these lessons.

That being said, the series isn't over yet. Denver is fully capable of beating SA on the road again. The Spurs need to stay sharp or Denver is back in this series.

Obstructed_View
05-03-2005, 02:41 AM
Carmelo is on his way to being a great second option in this league. He needs to either grow up or get a superstar to compliment. He'd better get it in gear before the "shoulda drafted Wade" talk gets too loud.

Good post, TroyF. See the sig.

TroyF
05-03-2005, 02:46 AM
Props to you on a great post. I do differ on one thing you said though.

You don't "get" the respect of the refs, you earn it. That means Anthony needs to grow up some. Play some defense; stop whining on every call that goes against him; eliminate the cheap shots. It's true that he is a great talent. But the difference between talent and superstar is attitude and heart. I worry that George Karl, a man who has certainly never underestimated himself, might be the wrong coach to teach Carmelo these lessons.

That being said, the series isn't over yet. Denver is fully capable of beating SA on the road again. The Spurs need to stay sharp or Denver is back in this series.

Mark,

That's the thing. Melo has done all of that. Everything you've said, he's done. He's played solid defense the last month and a half. He's stopped whining on every call, outside of the blatant ones he doesn't get. The "cheap shot" the other night was overblown. Even Ginobili and Pop just thought it was a hard foul.

And don't question Melo's heart or attitude. He's hit more game winning shots, made more clutch plays in the fourth quarter, and played through more pain in his two year career than some guys that have played for ten years.

Thing is, some guys just do "get" the respect of the refs without earning it. Melo just doesn't happen to be one of those players.

For an example of how Melo has matured under Karl, I'll take you back to the game we won in SA during the regular season. Melo had a horrible game. Couldn't shoot it at all and Bowen was in his head all night.

Melo played terrific D though, and didn't give up. With a couple of minutes left, he hit the biggest shot in that game. A twenty footer with two Spurs hands in his face. He's earned the respect. It's time the refs give him more than what they have. Tonight he showed the type of player he can be if he gets a shred of respect. There have been so many times he's played the exact same way he's played tonight and went 3-24 from the floor with no calls going his way. That's a disgrace to all officiating IMO. Maybe I'm biased from seeing the beating the kid takes night in/night out.

But I think he takes far more criticism than he deserves most of the time.

Dingle Barry
05-03-2005, 03:08 AM
Pop and Gino lied because we dont cry to the press about anything. It was a cheap ass hit, and Carmelo probably should have been suspended.

Obstructed_View
05-03-2005, 03:13 AM
I don't watch Carmelo nearly as much as you do, so my opinions are more from an outsider's point of view. Personally I haven't seen anything in this series from Carmelo to suggest that he deserves more calls than he gets. He has committed offensive fouls in this series that were called in his favor. He doesn't realize how much slack he gets from the NBA and from the officials, because he thinks he deserves more simply by virtue of the fact that he sells a lot of jerseys and was a high draft pick. He relies on his talent and wastes his opportunities with his poor attitude and poor work ethic.

Carmelo whined after virtually every play in the last two games. I would call that environmental since his teammates and coaches did the same thing, except that his attitude when he was in the olympics got him a seat on the bench. His clutch plays pale in comparison to the number of shots he gets, considering he's the number one option on his team. And I think Karl has done him a tremendous disservice by convincing him that he's a victim instead of turning him into a champion. Game 3 was actually called very favorably for the Nuggets, especially in the second half. The Nuggets wasted a big opportunity because of their immaturity, and Anthony should be a leader.

Again, I think he's got a ton of talent. That jumper he hit after saving the ball from going out of bounds was incredible, and he shows flashes here and there of how good he could be. I thought he was the best player coming out of the draft, but he's got to get his head in the right place, because Wade and James' taillights are fading from his view in a hurry.
[/incoherent rambling]

slayermin
05-03-2005, 03:32 AM
Melo is a less experienced Shawn Marion. If he works hard, he may attain what Marion has accomplished.

mattyc
05-03-2005, 04:12 AM
Classy post, Troy. Appreciated.

pooh0406
05-03-2005, 04:14 AM
yehey!!! congrats!!!

SpursFanDan
05-03-2005, 04:22 AM
Already there. You'll never overtake the Nuggets. I've been to Nugget games in seasons where they've won a total of 17 games. I'm a die hard and won't ever let that go.

But I love the Spurs. I know that when I watch TD in person, it should be something to take in. He's one of the 20 best basketball players ever to walk the planet IMO, and I enjoy watching him play.

And I love the way you guys play defense. Even though I prefer 80's style and wished the Spurs played up tempo more (tonight proved they can do it with the best of em), it's amazing to watch five guys act as one with team defense.

Don't need to convert me to a fan of the team, I already am one. You'll just never be my #1. :)

what?.. is this punk'd.. candid camera. You're either honestly sincere,or just a huge con. ... respect.

Cara De Dedão
05-03-2005, 05:04 AM
I make Troy's my words (if he allows me to borrow them, for a second)...

As I've said earlier the Nuggets had a slight outside chance to win the series, but they had to win all their home games, and they failed to do so... We're a young team we'll be better the next time around...

The Nuggets doesn't have that killer instinct of taking care of business when it comes to it, we could have an more even series if we had executed when the Spurs struggled during game 3, but we couldn't the blame is on us... It's our fault and I hope we learn from it...

See you next post season, hopefully deciding the Conference Finals...

xcoriate
05-03-2005, 05:07 AM
Melo is a less experienced Shawn Marion. If he works hard, he may attain what Marion has accomplished.

I reallly don't see that comparison.

Marions rebounding/hustle is out of this world.

Not only is this better but he is the far superior defender.

Carmelo IMO has the more prolific offensive game however.

Carmelo can become as good as Marion, but their games will never really be alike.

xcoriate
05-03-2005, 05:08 AM
Oh, and great post Troy (and Cara in spirit) :)

Nuggets have hung tough all series, you two have been classy fans from what I've gathered.

Props, and hopefully you can become our Nuggets insiders :smokin

MI21
05-03-2005, 05:41 AM
The series is not over, we are up 2 games just like last playoffs against LA.

It was a good post Troy, but you overate Carmelo. He is Glenn Robinson, volume 2.

dcole50
05-03-2005, 05:47 AM
very classy, troy.

xcoriate
05-03-2005, 06:30 AM
He is Glenn Robinson, volume 2.

Which still makes him a heck of a player.

Note: He has a way to go before he gains something similar to a prime Glenn Robinsons mid range game.

Melo is better in other aspects of the game though :smokin

indianspur
05-03-2005, 07:13 AM

Do we see the princess blushing?? :princess :oops

IX_Equilibrium
05-03-2005, 07:17 AM
Troy, you're the man.

TroyF
05-03-2005, 07:42 AM
The series is not over, we are up 2 games just like last playoffs against LA.

It was a good post Troy, but you overate Carmelo. He is Glenn Robinson, volume 2.

I'll just have to have you guys trust me on this one. Melo can do things Glenn Robinson can only dream of doing. He's about 20x more athletic than a young Glenn Robinson ever was. And I'm tired of hearing that he isn't hustling because he is. Just like I screamed until I was blue in the face that you didn't see our best after game 1, I'll scream that Carmelo is better than you think he is.

Quick, name me one 20 year old player that did what Melo did last night in the playoffs. You are going to have to go back pretty deep. Even with the influx of "young" talent in this leage, it doesn't happen often. You guys have one in TP, and he's a guy I've defended on the Nuggets board over and over for the same reasons. "he can't show up in the clutch" "He has horrible playoff games" "He wouldn't be anything without Duncan" "blah, blah, blah" HE'S TWENTY TWO YEARS OLD. HOW ABOUT GIVING HIM SOME TIME??? I find it comical that he's bashed.

Well, Melo is twenty. He's already very, very good. And he's only going to get better. His jumper will get more consistent. He'll get a stronger upper body and start dunking some of the "lay ins" as he goes forward. He's already becoming a pretty decent defender and that too will only get better. He had a sensational night last night. This is with a teams season on the line against the best defensive team in the league (or close to it). He put up 28-7-5.

Also, something I'm sure Solid D will relate to since he watches games with the coaches eye. . . look at how many shots the Nuggets get simply because Carmelo Anthony is on the floor. I'd say we get 10 open looks a game directly related to how much attention teams put on a 20 year old, 6'8" player on the blocks.

What happens when that 20 year old, like most 20 years olds, improves his game and becomes more consistent? He's already drawing the other teams best defender on a nightly basis. He's already creating shots for other people by just being out there. He's already hitting clutch jumpers and drives with the game on the line. Am I supposed to believe this is as good as he'll be? Please. . .

CosmicCowboy
05-03-2005, 07:43 AM
Congrats to the Denver fans in here...

You guys had a great run at the end of the season and I know you had high expectations for the playoffs...as a Denver fan not getting to experience your team winning on home court after the high of beating us on ours had to be tough...Kiki has finally got that franchise rebuilt and I expect to see you guys in the post-season for years to come...Thats a dangerous team with a lot of talent and mismatches and as a Spurs fan I DO hope you guys play someone else in the first two rounds next year...we may be feeling good now but y'all scared the hell out of us in that first game...

I know this series isn't over but in your players hearts I think they know that the chances of taking the next three straight are pretty slim...I know from painful experience as a long time Spurs fan what it's like to go into the playoffs with a great record and high expectations and get taken down hard...I personally think the Spurs nutting up in overtime tonight had a lot to do with recent collective memories of the .04 loss last year....they just refused to lose this time no matter what obstacles (including having Timmy tossed on a no foul) they had to overcome...

anyway...just wanted to say that for the most part you guys have been a class act and you are welcome to hang with us any time...off-season is a lot less partisan and we generally talk "all NBA" and not just Spurs ball...so hang on with us for the rest of the playoff ride...laugh at the cliff jumpers when we drop a game...smirk at the bandwagon fans that jump on with the wins and declare the Spurs to be "the best team in the universe because they are nice guys", etc.

anyway...just wanted to say welcome to the show and your guys got nuthin to be ashamed of...they played with a lot of heart and talent and never quit...

xcoriate
05-03-2005, 07:46 AM
^^ I agree with all of that, as long as his head is on straight he can become a force in the league. Unfortunately for Denver I don't see him leading a championship run in the traditional sense however. He would need a very good supporting cast of players.

jalbre6
05-03-2005, 07:54 AM
^^ I agree with all of that, as long as his head is on straight he can become a force in the league. Unfortunately for Denver I don't see him leading a championship run in the traditional sense however. He would need a very good supporting cast of players.

I think next year they have a decent chance at winning their division. Denver needs an upgrade at SG pretty badly. If Ray Ray or Michael Redd decide to play in Denver (and I'm completely ignorant on the Nugs salary cap situation), a lineup of Carmelo, K-Mart, Camby, Andre Miller and Ray/Redd could be lethal.

They made it this far with DerMarr Johnson, Greg Buckner, and Wes Person. Could you pick any of these three guys out of a police lineup?

boutons
05-03-2005, 08:13 AM
Carmelo is nothing but yet another talented street punk, a cheap-shotting, whiny, pissy, sissy, illiterate balla. The NBA is rotten with them (Melo, meet Vince, meet Antoine, meet PaulP, meet Rafer, etc, etc), dragging down the characer of the whole league.

Like the Manu-booing, mountain-trash, violence-inciting, chickenshit Denver fans, Manu doesn't have the character and toughness it takes to compete (which is different from perform) at the Championship level. He got so many calls last night, including, pushing off Manu's back, AGAIN!!, to hit a jump shot. Melo's great at going after somebody from behind, what a gutless wimp. Don't expect him to go face-to-face, he's too chickeshit.

KMart runs his stupid faux-macho yapper, and, as sure as playoffs follow the regular season, fails to show up in the playoffs, AGAIN! Another ball-less twit balla.

Buckner's a criminal thug.

samikeyp
05-03-2005, 08:14 AM
I read someone in another thread say "when did Carmelo become a superstar?" The answer is that all Melo needs to become a superstar is the respect of the refs.

I said it and I am still not buying it. Respect is one thing but blatant disregard for the rules? Haven't seen that since MJ and no, Melo is not the next MJ.

Jimcs50
05-03-2005, 08:14 AM
Thanks Troy.

If your team can get a true PG like Kidd, they will be right there.

jalbre6
05-03-2005, 08:18 AM
Carmelo is nothing but yet another talented street punk, a cheap-shotting, whiny, pissy, sissy, illiterate balla. The NBA is rotten with them (Melo, meet Vince, meet Antoine, meet PaulP, meet Rafer, etc, etc), dragging down the characer of the whole league.

Like the Manu-booing, mountain-trash, violence-inciting, chickenshit Denver fans, Manu doesn't have the character and toughness it takes to compete (which is different from perform) at the Championship level. He got so many calls last night, including, pushing off Manu's back, AGAIN!!, to hit a jump shot. Melo's great at going after somebody from behind, what a gutless wimp. Don't expect him to go face-to-face, he's too chickeshit.

KMart runs his stupid faux-macho yapper, and, as sure as playoffs follow the regular season, fails to show up in the playoffs, AGAIN! Another ball-less twit balla.

Buckner's a criminal thug.

Huh? Dude, our team won. On the road. Again. Act a little gracious.

stéphane
05-03-2005, 08:27 AM
Nothing new about Troy...
He's a real fan.
Nuggets are lucky.

boutons
05-03-2005, 08:42 AM
"Act a little gracious."

Fuck that. Tell that to the Denver coach, players, and fans.
They set the poisoned tone and atmosphere for this series.
They don't deserve ANY graciousness.

Let's bury these losers Wed night and rid ourselves of this filth, just more Spurs roadkill.

Dingle Barry
05-03-2005, 08:45 AM
Quick, name me one 20 year old player that did what Melo did last night in the playoffs. You are going to have to go back pretty deep. Even with the influx of "young" talent in this leage, it doesn't happen often. You guys have one in TP, and he's a guy I've defended on the Nuggets board over and over for the same reasons. "he can't show up in the clutch" "He has horrible playoff games" "He wouldn't be anything without Duncan" "blah, blah, blah" HE'S TWENTY TWO YEARS OLD. HOW ABOUT GIVING HIM SOME TIME??? I find it comical that he's bashed.

I have to go all the way back to three years ago, when a 19 year old Tony Parker absolutely owned one Gary Payton in the first round.

T Park
05-03-2005, 08:45 AM
exactly.

Its the playoffs, fuck being gracious.

jalbre6
05-03-2005, 08:50 AM
"Act a little gracious."

Fuck that. Tell that to the Denver coach, players, and fans.
They set the poisoned tone and atmosphere for this series.
They don't deserve ANY graciousness.

Let's bury these losers Wed night and rid ourselves of this filth, just more Spurs roadkill.

They're probably the best seven seed since that Warriors team with Run TMC knocked off the Spurs in '91. And you're prolonging this "poisoned tone and atmosphere" by emulating the coach, players, and fans that disgust you.

Show a little class, man.

jalbre6
05-03-2005, 08:53 AM
exactly.

How about winning with some dignity? This is the first round, remember? SA is supposed to be dominating this series. Save the venom for the Pistons or the Suns.

MI21
05-03-2005, 09:37 AM
I'll just have to have you guys trust me on this one. Melo can do things Glenn Robinson can only dream of doing. He's about 20x more athletic than a young Glenn Robinson ever was. And I'm tired of hearing that he isn't hustling because he is.

We are just going to have to agree to disagree. Glenn Robinson has always been one of my very favourite players and my mates nicknamed me after him because of the way I used to play basketball. Carmelo's athleticism is overated especially since he gained weight entering the NBA. In the game vs LeBron in High School that heaps of people have seen, he was far more athletic, due to him being a lot more skinnier. Glenn Robinson circa 1994 and Carmelo Anthony of 2005 are close together athletically, but then Dog got lazy.

Both players were average defensively in there first 2 season, both pretty good rebounders, Carmelo getting the edge there because he works fantastic of his own misses and on the offensive rebounds. Carmelo is a far superior passer and Glenn was a far superior shooter. Both were pretty good thinkers basketball wise and understood positioning etc and showed flashes of being unstoppable.The comparison is very accurate, but Big Dog got very lazy and turned into just a jump shooter. Carmelo does have a chance to become very good, but I can't see him being a Superstar like your Duncan, KG, Shaq, LeBron's etc.

Cara De Dedão
05-03-2005, 09:48 AM
exactly.

So, during two months of the year you turn yourself into an impolite moron?

CosmicCowboy
05-03-2005, 09:54 AM
So, during two months of the year you turn yourself into a impolite moron?

naaa....thats just TPark...:lol

SpursWoman
05-03-2005, 10:02 AM
D'oh!

boutons
05-03-2005, 10:05 AM
"turn yourself into a impolite moron"

Thuggets fans, take your holier-than-thou sancitmony and spew it your own coach, players, fans. They are all in much more in need of your minstrations than this forum.

The Nuggets side started this shit, and the Spurs side is going to finish it.

Now go crawl back under a buffalo patty.

CosmicCowboy
05-03-2005, 10:11 AM
These guys have been polite and respectful of us and the Spurs. This is FSP, not SpursReport...we welcome opinions from other teams fans.

We are up 3-1...you guys need to lose the attitude and quit embarrasing this forum.

jalbre6
05-03-2005, 10:17 AM
"turn yourself into a impolite moron"

Thuggets fans, take your holier-than-thou sancitmony and spew it your own coach, players, fans. They are all in much more in need of your minstrations than this forum.

The Nuggets side started this shit, and the Spurs side is going to finish it.

Now go crawl back under a buffalo patty.

I hope you don't plan on being such an embarassment to all of us all the way through the Finals.

samikeyp
05-03-2005, 10:30 AM
CC is right....some of the Nuggets fans have been cool. To them I tip my hat.

slayermin
05-03-2005, 12:15 PM
Yeah, but what happened to their Nuggets Talk Board? I think they took their board down.

They come in here after they win but we can't go over there after we win?

CosmicCowboy
05-03-2005, 12:24 PM
Yeah, but what happened to their Nuggets Talk Board? I think they took their board down.

If it's like this forum after 3 straight playoff losses they are probably all piled up in the bottom of some canyon in Colorado...good thing it's fucking flat around here or I wouldn't have had anyone to talk to last summer...:lol

Cara De Dedão
05-03-2005, 12:42 PM

http://nuggets.proboards1.com/index.cgi

The board is up...

Shelly
05-03-2005, 12:44 PM
These guys have been polite and respectful of us and the Spurs. This is FSP, not SpursReport...we welcome opinions from other teams fans.

We are up 3-1...you guys need to lose the attitude and quit embarrasing this forum.

Agree.

SpursWoman
05-03-2005, 12:59 PM

I agree 100%. I enjoy having fans from other teams...it makes this forum a lot better than just some random circle jerk. Even LakerGod has his moments. :lol

SpursWoman
05-03-2005, 01:04 PM
If it's like this forum after 3 straight playoff losses they are probably all piled up in the bottom of some canyon in Colorado...good thing it's fucking flat around here or I wouldn't have had anyone to talk to last summer...:lol

No shit :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

samikeyp
05-03-2005, 03:05 PM
^^^true dat.

smeagol
05-03-2005, 04:33 PM
There are idiots everywhere, but Trey and Cara are cool.

td4mvp21
05-03-2005, 05:18 PM
Troy thanks for being a very classy individual. it takes a lot to come into a better teams forum and keep your cool even when you lose. You should stay on here, you'd be a great poster.

TroyF
05-03-2005, 10:01 PM
Thanks to all of the class acts here.

No, it isn't easy to go to another forum and post congrats after a tough loss. It's not easy to have people criticize players you've watched and know. And it's certainly not easy having one of the greatest second half runs in the history of this league and end up facing the team likely to win the title in the first round.

But that's what sports are about. You don't win every game all of the time. You lose games and series to the better team. It's a game. It might be a game you love, are passionate about, live and breath. . . but at the end of the day it's just a game. It doesn't matter if any of you think Melo is as good as I say he is. It doesn't matter if you beat us 115-76 or we beat you in a close game. And it doesn't even matter what "villains" bother each of us in the middle of a series.

There isn't any reason to act like a classless fool and insult the other teams fans or their cities. It's amusing how someone can bash Melo for a lack of class and then post about Nuggets fans being outside the arena maturbating to Carmelo Anthony dolls in the next thread. Hello pot, meet Mr. Kettle.

As for basketball talk, I mentioned TP in reference to young stars. I'm sure you've all listened and gotten sick of people saying TP sucks. You point out, and rightly so, that he's already accomplished more than PG's who have been in the league 12 years. And while he's had his playoff struggles, last night he came up huge when you needed him most. You MUST factor the age of a player when you are trying to make an evaluation of him. Players don't generally peak until they are 25 - 29. TP and Melo aren't even close to being the best they can be yet. . . and they are both already pretty darned good basketball players.

As for our needs. . . it's simple. We get a SG who can hit the open 18 footer, we'll be an incredibly tough basketball team to face. That'll open up driving lanes for Melo, KMart and Dre. Face it, we scored 100+ points on the Spurs last night while hitting one three pointer. (OK, two three pointers, but one was called a two) :) I know it's one game, but that tells you how good this team can be when we hit our open 17 footers.

Get a guy who can stick a three. You know the guy who would be a perfect fit with our style? Brent Barry. I think he's better in an uptempo game. He can pass, stick the three and loves to run. We don't need a star like Redd or Allen. We just need an above average SG who won't demand 20+ shots a night and will play within the flow of the offense. I expect we'll trade Nene in the offseason and get that guy. Then it'll come down to #15. If I'm right and he keeps developing, watch out. If I'm wrong and he doesn't, we'll rethink the plan in a year or two.

We aren't going to get a miracle lottery draw like you guys did. (no offense, but getting the #1 pick the two years David Robinson and Tim Duncan were the number one picks sort of helps the building process) :)

Either way, it's kind of good to be hated again. :) Nobody hates you when you suck. Nobody hates the Clippers. The fact other teams fans have some fire towards us is a nice switch.

Don't worry, we have some classless posters on the Nuggets forum as well. I don't judge this forum by those guys. Good luck tomorrow night.

Cara De Dedão
05-03-2005, 10:06 PM
^^^^^
That's my boy, Troy...

jalbre6
05-03-2005, 11:13 PM
Either way, it's kind of good to be hated again.

It is cool, isn't it? Kinda lets you know your team has arrived.

ca®lo
05-03-2005, 11:23 PM
class act troy :) props!