PDA

View Full Version : To all those who doubted the Spurs after Game 1

vincerodriguez23
05-03-2005, 02:12 AM
i hope all you "spurs fans" who predicted the nuggets will win, (especially Duff, who predicted the nuggets will win in six), learned a lesson after this series. As a spurs fan, you are supposed to be behind them 110% and not doubt them. you guys are just as bad as Stephen A Smith, who predicted the lakers would win last year.

TheWriter
05-03-2005, 02:14 AM
Sequ forum

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-03-2005, 02:15 AM
How could anyone have lost faith after game 1? For heaven's sake the Spurs are notoriously slow out of the gate in playoff series, especially in the first round. Even then it took the best of what the nuggets had plus a disastrous fourth quarter for them to pull it out. I stood faithful, Vince.

SpursFanDan
05-03-2005, 02:16 AM
since I was a sperm traveling through my mothers uterus,... Ive been saying, spurs... every year. i seriously feel that every year were going to win it all. and thats the way all spurs fans should think, and i know most of us do.

vincerodriguez23
05-03-2005, 02:20 AM
yeah i have that "i told you so" attitude right now cuz me and other Spurs faithful told half this board who doubted the Spurs after game 1 to keep believing, and i just wanted them to feel my frustration with those people

smeagol
05-03-2005, 12:12 PM
Never stopped believing!

Bring on the Sonics.

SPARKY
05-03-2005, 12:15 PM
yeah i have that "i told you so" attitude right now cuz me and other Spurs faithful told half this board who doubted the Spurs after game 1 to keep believing, and i just wanted them to feel my frustration with those people

AMEN.

Gatita
05-03-2005, 12:16 PM
This is part of Sequ's message to Manu on Manu's website:

"We hope you are ready for the playoffs, because it looks like we are going to need you more than ever."

But in this board he bashes him non-stop.

What a loser!

:lmao

How could anyone not like Ginobili?!!! That is crazy!!!

Clandestino
05-03-2005, 12:18 PM
This is part of Sequ's message to Manu on Manu's website:

"We hope you are ready for the playoffs, because it looks like we are going to need you more than ever."

But in this board he bashes him non-stop.

What a loser!

:lmao

How could anyone not like Ginobili?!!! That is crazy!!!

that is some funny shit!

Clandestino
05-03-2005, 12:19 PM
game 1 spurs didn't even play in the 4th qtr and barely lost.. i never doubted they come back strong...

Jimcs50
05-03-2005, 12:29 PM
Those bandwagon fans are just another loss away from jumping off a cliff again.

There are some pretty myopic fans in here who only look at the here and now and forget about the past Spurs' accomplishments and the character of this team and the skill of the coaching staff to make his team correct its past mistakes.

This team will lose a game or two in round 2....so try to keep the razor blades in the medicine cabinet and just trust the team to win

samikeyp
05-03-2005, 12:38 PM
game 1 spurs didn't even play in the 4th qtr and barely lost.. i never doubted they come back strong...

true. Spurs are 1 lost quarter away from being in the second round already.

GhostofAlfrederickHughes
05-03-2005, 12:39 PM
I'm not gonna be too hard on the 'bandwagoners'. One of the problems is, people who have followed the Spurs for a looong time often forget that this team (e.g. the Duncan-era Spurs) IS NOT your father's Spurs team. You know, the team that always managed to come ohsoclose but broke your heart in the end. So there's this expectation of failure borne out from past failures. Eventually, folks will come around and realize that this team is different. Not that necessarily translates into a championship every year, just that single losses are just that----single losses. Nothing to go jumpin' off the bridge for.

But it IS fun to say 'told ya so'!

LilMissSPURfect
05-03-2005, 12:52 PM
i wuz gonna make it a long take but...heck i bleed silver and black

[back to days of willie anderson and vern maxwell]

heck im still pissed at rod strictland's arrid behind the head pass in portand! When we had that rookie lineup....it was awesome...[that year we swept detroit [in reg season] it woulda been quit the series...

no DOUBT...spurs are champions with or without the hardware!

:elephant :elephant :elephant